Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2013, 08:23 PM   #151
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKida View Post
That was in May. This has since been turned off to allow for guests with MagicBands to pull physical fast passes should something happen. Since the KTTW card would of not been scanned in, it had to be turned off. As Disney finds more success with FP+ and MagicBands there is no need to KTTW to be issued
Actually, back in May they weren't doing any of this testing. So the normal rules applied - you only had your ticket (which may have been on your KTTW card), got into the park, and got your Fastpass with it.

What has changed is that they took a shortcut in the old FP system to make the KTTW cards work even if the MB or other ticket was used for admission, and apparently enabled more than just the "active" KTTW cards to work.

In August, before my resort got to use MBs, my AP and my KTTW card could each individually get MBs. The KTTW card shouldn't have. And when the second part of my stay involved a switch of resorts I had KTTW cards that were not linked at all to my MDX profile - and it STILL worked, so it wasn't the fact that it was a linked KTTW card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Ok so I just read this whole thread and have some questions!

I'm staying at Pop from 11/30-12/4. I already have my Magic Bands, which were sent to me, but I only have a room booked, not a package. I was planning to buy my tickets when I got there.

So if I buy my tickets from say, Epcot and link them to my MB, will I be able to still use the old FP with those tickets? I read that if you get tickets through Undercover Tourist you will be able to do that, so if you buy directly from Disney, will you be able to as well?

If I have those tickets linked to my MB, because I'm staying at Pop, will I lose the ability to get regular FP's once they are linked?

Will this even affect me if the test is really only 11/14-11/19?

Thank you in advance!
We don't know if this "test" will be extended - or if it will happen.

If you don't get your tickets until you get there, and they give you physical tickets (do NOT ask them to add them to your magicbands), then they will still work for regular FP at least. But you will need to manually link them to your MDX profile after you get them - at least if you want to use the MBs for entry, and to make/use FP+ reservations.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:27 PM   #152
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
Why in the world won't Disney themselves announce these things? I just don't get it.
For the same reason you stated earlier. Or maybe it was Ariel…

Someone said already … Watch people leave Pop in droves. They don't want to lose business so they'll take their chances that only a few complain.

Again, better to ask forgiveness than permission. It's better for them to make it up to the few customers who actually complain than to broadcast it to the masses.

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2013, 08:27 PM   #153
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
Am I missing something (haven't been on the boards in a while), but couldn't Pop guests just use paper tix to get FP-? Even if they only get bands and not KTTW, what does it matter?
Disney no longer issues "paper" tickets for one - it's all plastic RFID cards now (unless you get them from a reseller who hasn't exhausted their stock yet). But if they get a package from Disney, it's all going to be linked into the MagicBands/KTTW card, and they may no longer offer to split it to separate media (and if they do, it could still be on "stripeless" cards).

If they get tickets independently, then they should still have a physical ticket.

More than likely future cardstock will likewise be "stripeless" once they have everyone enabled, etc.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 11-12-2013, 08:31 PM   #154
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

I flew down on Sunday and was sitting next to a woman who was traveling with her daughter's family (seated elsewhere). I started talking to her and she had no clue about magic bands. I really feel bad for these people, they have no clue about planning in advance and will not be able to pull FP- either. I've seen a lot of people with gray bands this week, which probably meant they did not plan in advance.

I was at DHS today, I noticed the FP- return times were a lot later than usual. TSM was gone when I got there at 10:15 (my FP+ time). RnR was around 5:30 at 12:15. This has to be frustrating for those offsite.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:36 PM   #155
curemyreed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
Why in the world won't Disney themselves announce these things? I just don't get it.
I couldn't agree with you more.

There are several scenarios I can think of where this will be a problem for guests. What about those Pop guests who are meeting up with people not staying on-site (or on-site other than Pop) and want to ride as a group using FP? They are out of luck. And unless they stumbled on the information about this they aren't going to know until check-in that they can't pull FP's with their off-site friends. That is just one scenario. Won't mind-numb you with the others that I can think of.
curemyreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:38 PM   #156
Kaelorian
Wishing upon a star...

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
If the UT ticket is linked in MDX, then you can use the MB/KTTW/UT ticket to enter the park, and still be able to pull regular FP with the UT ticket. You can also redeem FP+ with any of them, as they become interchangeable for admission and FP+.
Quote:
Disney no longer issues "paper" tickets for one - it's all plastic RFID cards now (unless you get them from a reseller who hasn't exhausted their stock yet). But if they get a package from Disney, it's all going to be linked into the MagicBands/KTTW card, and they may no longer offer to split it to separate media (and if they do, it could still be on "stripeless" cards).

If they get tickets independently, then they should still have a physical ticket.

More than likely future cardstock will likewise be "stripeless" once they have everyone enabled, etc.
If I was sent the old leftover paper UT tickets, will those not be able to pull any legacy fp's? So if I go to change them to RFID cards at guest relations I will be risking getting stripeless cards? Just trying to understand it all.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:41 PM   #157
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaelorian View Post
If I was sent the old leftover paper UT tickets, will those not be able to pull any legacy fp's? So if I go to change them to RFID cards at guest relations I will be risking getting stripeless cards? Just trying to understand it all.
The paper ticket will still get FP fine, but getting in to the park is a bit more difficult as they have to manually scan it.

Converting at Guest Relations (or any ticket booth) should not get you a stripeless card at this time...but I expect they may all be stripeless eventually...when it won't matter as there won't be regular FP.

Getting a ticket at POP during this test might result in a stripeless ticket.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:13 PM   #158
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We don't know if this "test" will be extended - or if it will happen.

If you don't get your tickets until you get there, and they give you physical tickets (do NOT ask them to add them to your magicbands), then they will still work for regular FP at least. But you will need to manually link them to your MDX profile after you get them - at least if you want to use the MBs for entry, and to make/use FP+ reservations.
Thanks! So assuming this test is going on when I'm there, I should buy my tickets at a park, go in with them, and then link the tickets myself to my MB? I can do that right on my phone, right? And then I'll be able to use FP+ and the regular FP's with the ticket that I bought?

I'm not even sure I want to bother with FP+ but if I can use it, I'd like to at least try it. I'm more concerned with having access to the old FP's for now though...

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:15 PM   #159
robpa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taterheads View Post
This is our intent also. I wish people could focus on accepting inevitable change and making the best of it instead of fighting it and being massive downers. As for me and my Family we will be at POP and we will have fun! Hopefully everyone else around us can take a chill pill because the downers complaining through our whole vacation will do far more to ruin our trip than FP+ ever could!
Read post 143 and you can see why some people are upset, its not so much the change but the timing of it.
robpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:18 PM   #160
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Thanks! So assuming this test is going on when I'm there, I should buy my tickets at a park, go in with them, and then link the tickets myself to my MB? I can do that right on my phone, right? And then I'll be able to use FP+ and the regular FP's with the ticket that I bought?
Yes, as it stands right now*.

* All information is subject to change, and probably did 5 minutes ago.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:22 PM   #161
Kaelorian
Wishing upon a star...

Quote:
The paper ticket will still get FP fine, but getting in to the park is a bit more difficult as they have to manually scan it.

Converting at Guest Relations (or any ticket booth) should not get you a stripeless card at this time...but I expect they may all be stripeless eventually...when it won't matter as there won't be regular FP.

Getting a ticket at POP during this test might result in a stripeless ticket.
Thanks!
Old 11-12-2013, 09:22 PM   #162
doctornick
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Hit Wonder View Post
I wonder what happens if you have Undercover Tourist tickets linked to MDE? Think the actual tickets themselves would still pull paper fastpasses as part of this test???
Or, for that matter, physical APs.
doctornick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #163
asmit4
DIS Veteran

I arrive on saturday. Im not even staying at PoP and I'm p*ssed off by this! If I had a ressie there I'd call and DEMAND a move or simply flat out cancel and stay offsite. What a RIPOFF! 3FPs for 1 park per day while everyone else doubles up? NO freakin WAY!.
November 2013- Wyndham Bonnet Creek/AS Sports
October 2014- DVC- Saratoga Springs/Wyndham BC
asmit4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:47 PM   #164
Giz1026
Earning My Ears

I purchased hoppers with our package. Seeing that I will now be unable to pull FP at a second park, can I downgrade my passes? I check in on Nov. 14.

Or can I change resorts at this late notice?

I am not exactly sure what to do now. Honestly, my head is spinning because if I stay at Pop I will now have to change our FP+ selections at MK as I picked Princess waits. But now I would switch to headliners. Not to mention, we have friends staying at WL who we were going to tour with, but unless we want to watch them pull FP's and then watch as they ride without us I'm not sure this will work.

2001: Disneyland: Grand Californian 2004: Disneyland: Disneyland Hotel 2008: Disneyland: Sheraton Park Hotel 2012: Disneyland: Park Vue Inn

Finally planning a trip to Walt Disney WORLD! Nov. 2013

Giz1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:53 PM   #165
asmit4
DIS Veteran

CALL. Call DW right away and tell them your issue and switch resorts if you can. Totally ridiculous and unacceptable.
November 2013- Wyndham Bonnet Creek/AS Sports
October 2014- DVC- Saratoga Springs/Wyndham BC
asmit4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: