Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2013, 05:31 PM   #136
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunkmom View Post
Ah, I understand. I guess people were just blowing smoke when they were saying they'd pulled FP- with driver's licenses, old gift cards, etc.
In the early days of Fastpass, it was discovered that practically anything with a magstripe (with at least some data to be read) would work due to some error. They fixed it when it became public.

I've heard some claims more recently when the KTTW loophole was found of being able to use other things, but I found no substantiated claims and I know for a fact that not just anything works.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:34 PM   #137
HopperFan
"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess. One of those "circle of life" kind of things."

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunkmom View Post
So, um, if all it takes is a working mag strip to pull a FP-, couldn't you use a dead grift card or something and try it? I had heard of people doing this back in sept and oct.
In May my kids went to DHS SWW at opening and there was a crush entering. They had 5 day PH. When they got to TSM the FP machine said they had not scanned at gate and "were not in the park." Obviously they were, front gate had not registered and after some conversing CM gave them passes. So their experience was that only a current ticket used at the gate could get them FP- that day.
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 for "COMPLIMENTARY" Dining

Making Magical Visits since 1971 ~ now visiting 5-6 weeks per year ON PROPERTY STAYS & Our Star Rating:
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2x ~ Wilderness Lodge
Coronado Springs 7x ~ PO Riverside (Dixie Landings) 5x (1xRoyal) ~ Bonnett Creek (w/car)
POP Century 14x ~ Hilton DTD 2x
All Star Movie ~ Doubletree Suites DTD 2x ~ Wilderness Cabins ~ All Star Sports 3x
Caribbean Beach 2x (1xPirate) ~ All Star Music 2x
Lots of offsite, but somehow it never seems right, 'though Rosen Shingle Creek was luxury I could get used to !
HopperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2013, 06:21 PM   #138
pdg123
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsbe View Post
But for those going to Pop in November and only having access to 3 FP+ for one park per day, will put them at a big disadvantage to other visitors. I know this is part of the testing and in time all resorts and visitors may have same restrictions, but for those in Pop in November are getting shafted.
Unfortunately, someone has to get shafted. You may be disadvantaged this time when you go to the parks but you should not let this difference ruin your vacation. You could still make a good day out at any of the parks with only 3 FP. For instance, at Epcot you make reservations for Soarin', maybe Mission space, and SSE. You could single ride Test Track and if you go early when WS opens manage to ride maelstrom with relatively short waits. Figment, the Seas with Nemo, and the Gran Fiesta Tour in Mexico all have virtually no waits most days. You could plug more time with one of the shows in WS, or Ellen's ride, or maybe Captain EO fits your fancy. Not to mention the many characters you could meet, and if reasonable, eat at one of the table services.
pdg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:26 PM   #139
PrincessKida
Annual Passholder, Princess Lover, Wilderness Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopperFan View Post
In May my kids went to DHS SWW at opening and there was a crush entering. They had 5 day PH. When they got to TSM the FP machine said they had not scanned at gate and "were not in the park." Obviously they were, front gate had not registered and after some conversing CM gave them passes. So their experience was that only a current ticket used at the gate could get them FP- that day.
That was in May. This has since been turned off to allow for guests with MagicBands to pull physical fast passes should something happen. Since the KTTW card would of not been scanned in, it had to be turned off. As Disney finds more success with FP+ and MagicBands there is no need to KTTW to be issued

Visit My Personal Character Site/Blog: http://wdwcharacteradventures.weebly.com/
PrincessKida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #140
rebbyparker
DIS Veteran

I could make a great day at Epcot, HS or AK with only 3 FP+. I think it's going to be more difficult at MK. There are so many more rides and experiences in that park that we want to do. So, we'll be planning on RD anyways and hope that we get lucky.

Last edited by rebbyparker; 11-12-2013 at 06:59 PM.
rebbyparker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:35 PM   #141
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Is it really only Pop? That's interesting since the old thread shows Pop and AoA being the first resorts. Maybe the others will come quickly now.

I wouldn't worry too much about offsite getting more somehow. I expect all attractions to become even more difficult to get with Disney steadily decreasing the number of FP- as they implement this change.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:52 PM   #142
momimouse27
Just a Big Kid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewhavens View Post
You need to be prepared for the reality that those of you staying at Pop will have no access to "regular" FP. You need to either get online now or make FP+ selections once you have purchased and linked your tickets to your bands.
I've known about the MB for a while, as well as FP+, as my MBs are sitting in my suitcase. I am not really all that worried about it considering every crowd calendar online has my week listed as 5 or below on crowds. Also, I personally don't do thrill rides. That's my hubby and daughter. What I'm not thrilled about(and one of the reasons I haven't been concerned about FP+) is I like to survey the crowds and use my FP accordingly. So that basically locks me out of FP altogether unless I leave my husband to wait in line.

I may have to accept it, but I don't have to like it!
Old 11-12-2013, 06:54 PM   #143
Giz1026
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJLoves WDW View Post
If this advisory is indeed true, I'm pretty upset by it. Just because I'm staying at Pop, I get limited to 3 FP+ selections per day and they have to be in the same park? While other Disney resort guests can get their 3 FP+ selections AND FP- selections in any park they care to hop to in a single day?

And non-Disney resort guests can get more than 3 FP- passes (if they know how to use the system wisely) while I, who is likely paying more money for my room than they are, get none?

Is Disney kidding me?
This is exactly what I am thinking. I check into Pop on Nov. 14. I am so angry with the whole process. I changed from off site to on so I would be able to experience all Disney has to offer. Now I feel as though I am getting completely jerked around. Not fair that I am paying for hoppers, a more expensive room (compared to offsite) and I am being limited.

I plan on speaking to Disney Guest Relations about this and will do some research as to who else to include. I am frustrated that this trip which we have been waiting years for is this much of a headache. Ridiculous.

2001: Disneyland: Grand Californian 2004: Disneyland: Disneyland Hotel 2008: Disneyland: Sheraton Park Hotel 2012: Disneyland: Park Vue Inn

Finally planning a trip to Walt Disney WORLD! Nov. 2013

Giz1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:57 PM   #144
taterheads
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebbyparker View Post
I could make a great day at Epcot, HS or AK with only 3 FP+. I think it's going to be more difficult at MK. There are so many more rides and experiences in that park that we want to do in that park. So, we'll be planning on RD anyways and hope that we get lucky.
This is our intent also. I wish people could focus on accepting inevitable change and making the best of it instead of fighting it and being massive downers. As for me and my Family we will be at POP and we will have fun! Hopefully everyone else around us can take a chill pill because the downers complaining through our whole vacation will do far more to ruin our trip than FP+ ever could!
taterheads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:08 PM   #145
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Ok so I just read this whole thread and have some questions!

I'm staying at Pop from 11/30-12/4. I already have my Magic Bands, which were sent to me, but I only have a room booked, not a package. I was planning to buy my tickets when I got there.

So if I buy my tickets from say, Epcot and link them to my MB, will I be able to still use the old FP with those tickets? I read that if you get tickets through Undercover Tourist you will be able to do that, so if you buy directly from Disney, will you be able to as well?

If I have those tickets linked to my MB, because I'm staying at Pop, will I lose the ability to get regular FP's once they are linked?

Will this even affect me if the test is really only 11/14-11/19?

Thank you in advance!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:13 PM   #146
HopperFan
"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess. One of those "circle of life" kind of things."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKida View Post
That was in May. This has since been turned off to allow for guests with MagicBands to pull physical fast passes should something happen. Since the KTTW card would of not been scanned in, it had to be turned off. As Disney finds more success with FP+ and MagicBands there is no need to KTTW to be issued
I understand that. My response was to someone questioning about dead gift cards, using non-ticket cards. The story was just to relate that the machines are capable of reading a non-ticket or non-used ticket.
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 for "COMPLIMENTARY" Dining

Making Magical Visits since 1971 ~ now visiting 5-6 weeks per year ON PROPERTY STAYS & Our Star Rating:
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2x ~ Wilderness Lodge
Coronado Springs 7x ~ PO Riverside (Dixie Landings) 5x (1xRoyal) ~ Bonnett Creek (w/car)
POP Century 14x ~ Hilton DTD 2x
All Star Movie ~ Doubletree Suites DTD 2x ~ Wilderness Cabins ~ All Star Sports 3x
Caribbean Beach 2x (1xPirate) ~ All Star Music 2x
Lots of offsite, but somehow it never seems right, 'though Rosen Shingle Creek was luxury I could get used to !
HopperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:17 PM   #147
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Why in the world won't Disney themselves announce these things? I just don't get it.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:19 PM   #148
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Am I missing something (haven't been on the boards in a while), but couldn't Pop guests just use paper tix to get FP-? Even if they only get bands and not KTTW, what does it matter?
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:22 PM   #149
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
Am I missing something (haven't been on the boards in a while), but couldn't Pop guests just use paper tix to get FP-? Even if they only get bands and not KTTW, what does it matter?
What paper tickets?
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:22 PM   #150
curemyreed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
If the guest booked a package there would be no separate ticket issued.
curemyreed is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: