Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2013, 08:20 AM   #1
kleigh1969
Mouseketeer

Linking Tickets - Can't Undo?

Hi,

I was all set to link my park tickets to my reservation so I could try fast pass+, but right before I was finished doing this, I got a message that said something like once the ticket was linked it could not be undone. So I did not finish the link.

What does that mean? What if I were to have to change or cancel my trip? While I hope that doesn't happen, what would happen to my tickets if they were linked? I called Disney and they didn't know how to help me and then transferred me to some other line where I waited on hold for 30 minutes and then gave up.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
kleigh1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:27 AM   #2
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleigh1969 View Post
Hi,

I was all set to link my park tickets to my reservation so I could try fast pass+, but right before I was finished doing this, I got a message that said something like once the ticket was linked it could not be undone. So I did not finish the link.

What does that mean? What if I were to have to change or cancel my trip? While I hope that doesn't happen, what would happen to my tickets if they were linked? I called Disney and they didn't know how to help me and then transferred me to some other line where I waited on hold for 30 minutes and then gave up.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Bottom line.
Nothing to fret over.
If you were to have to cancel your trip, your tickets would remain unused and valid
for a future trip.

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2013, 11:58 AM   #3
Raenstoirm
BL6 Team Challenge Tracker
Lets go get me your numbers!

Yup, what Robo said. The tickets will just hang out on your MDE indefinitely. And although technically they are non-transferable according to the wording, you can move them around to anyone linked to your MDE as long as they are unused.

Trying to stay at every resort, but we are creatures of habit!
Caribbean Beach/Riverside/Wilderness Lodge/All Star Movies/Beach Club/Contemporary

Raenstoirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 01:41 PM   #4
kleigh1969
Mouseketeer

Thank you. That makes me feel better. Although I am seeing two things when doing some reading today - maybe you can tell me if both or either are true:

1. I read that fastpass+ is still being tested, and you have to be "invited" to use it (and as far as I know I wasn't).

2. I read that you can't reserve passes more than 60 days out for your trip (and I am more than 60 days out).

So if one or both of those are true, then linking the ticket wouldn't do me any good at this point anyhow, I assume!

Thanks again!
Old 12-07-2013, 01:47 PM   #5
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleigh1969 View Post
Thank you. That makes me feel better. Although I am seeing two things when doing some reading today - maybe you can tell me if both or either are true:

1. I read that fastpass+ is still being tested, and you have to be "invited" to use it (and as far as I know I wasn't).

2. I read that you can't reserve passes more than 60 days out for your trip (and I am more than 60 days out).

So if one or both of those are true, then linking the ticket wouldn't do me any good at this point anyhow, I assume!

Thanks again!
1. Yes, still testing. No, no invitation needed.

2. True, but you can link now and your FP+ options
will become available 60 days before your check-in date.

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:50 PM   #6
kleigh1969
Mouseketeer

Well, I am linked! Interesting because it was 3 leftover days on an old 10-day ticket that I forgot to use up last time - purchased I think in 2007 - and it recognized the number and knew how many days were left on it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: