Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Power of 10 - DIS Events to Benefit GKTW
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2014, 03:17 PM   #151
TSWJan78
DIS Veteran

DISboards Approved Advertiser

4th Annual New England DIS Meet for Give Kids the World
The New England Not So Scary DIS Meet

Friday - Welcome Dinner - 6:00pm – 10:00 - Radisson Plymouth - $30
Join us for a night of fun to kick off the weekend Friday night. We will have a full buffet along with games, a 50/50 raffle and many more surprises.

Saturday - Ice Cream for Breakfast – 9:00am – 10:30 – Radisson Plymouth $5
What a way to start the day than to enjoy breakfast, Give Kids the World style. Drop in and grab an Ice Cream before you start your day.

Saturday daytime events (you can only choose 1 or you can spend the day on your own!)
Please note, these are still in the planning stages. Cost it TBD based upon group size.

Saturday - AM Historic tour of Plymouth – 10:30am – 12:00pm – Leaves from the Radisson Lobby - TBD
A 90 minute walking tour of Historic Plymouth. This tour will leave the hotel at 10:30 and will include a tour of the Mayflower 2. Lunch will be on your own and you can then spend the afternoon at Plymouth Plantation or enjoying the shops adjacent to the hotel. We expect the cost to be $25 per person.

Saturday – PM Historic tour of Plymouth – 1:30pm – 3:00pm – Leaves from the Radisson Lobby - TBD
A 90 minute walking tour of Historic Plymouth. This tour will leave the hotel at 1:30 and will include a tour of the Mayflower 2. We expect the cost to be $25 per person.

Saturday - King Richards Faire – 10:30am – 5:00pm, Carver MA - $29
King Richard’s Faire is a renaissance fair held in Carver, Massachusetts, which recreates a 16th-century marketplace, including handmade crafts, foods, musicians, singers, dancers, minstrels, mimes, jugglers, magicians, comedians, puppeteers, gymnasts, exotic animals (including Siberian tigers and ligers),[1] acrobats, mud beggars, stilt walkers, knights jousting on horseback, a royal court, and the fictional King Richard. King Richard’s Faire is the longest-running renaissance fair in New England. This is a 20 min ride from the hotel and while Transportation will not be provided, we will be caravaning over and leaving the hotel at 10:30 am.

Saturday - Winery and Brewery Tour – 11:00am – 4:00pm - Leaves from the Radisson Lobby - TBD
We are planning three stops and are hoping to provide transportation. We will leave the hotel at 11:00 am and will plan to have lunch along the way.

Saturday - Candle Pin Bowling & Dessert Party – 7:00pm – 10:30pm – Alley Kat Lane, Kingston, MA - $15
What is more New England than classic candle pin bowling and yummy desserts! This is taking place at Alley Kat Lanes and will include 1.5 hours of bowling along with shoe rental and a dessert buffet.

Sunday - Brunch & Podcast Recording - 10:00am – 3:00pm – Radisson Plymouth $25
Brunch, Podcast recording, Silent & live auctions along with raffles and other surprises

T Shirts - $10

Full Weekend Package – Adult $75/ Child 5-12 $50/ Child 0-4 Free
Includes: Welcome Dinner, Ice Cream for Breakfast, Candle Pin Bowling & Dessert Buffet, Brunch and Podcast Recording & TShirt. Please note: It does not include your Saturday Day Event

http://nedismeet2014.eventzilla.net/
Old 06-16-2014, 03:26 PM   #152
1Grumpy9
DIS Veteran

I am REALLY hoping I can make it to the event.

We Can't Be Stuck on the Stairs Again TR

1Grumpy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2014, 04:23 PM   #153
Eponine1
DIS Veteran

Are there special hotel rates?
Old 06-16-2014, 04:35 PM   #154
TSWJan78
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Grumpy9 View Post
I am REALLY hoping I can make it to the event.
Me too!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eponine1 View Post
Are there special hotel rates?
Yes. We have a rate of $149/night at the Radisson Plymouth Harbor. You need our group code which you receive in your registration confirmation email. Unfortunately we have a limited number of rooms so we can only give it out to registered guests.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:43 PM   #155
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Val & I are booked!!!
Old 06-16-2014, 08:22 PM   #156
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

I am booked for myself. Trying to get the while family booked for the weekend Great job setting this up Divas!!!
Old 06-16-2014, 08:25 PM   #157
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

A very fun agenda.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:53 PM   #158
rebekahsd
Earning My Ears

Hi all! Hoping to make it out to at least part of the weekend's events. I will be a first -timer and am excited about the prospect of meeting some fellow DISers! I do have a question about the child-friendliness of these events. We have twins who in October will be 12 months old... We were hoping to at least make it to Sunday brunch/podcast recording but also were interested in Friday night's dinner... What's the generally accepted rule about having small children at these events? Thanks in advance!
rebekahsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 01:01 PM   #159
TSWJan78
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahsd View Post
Hi all! Hoping to make it out to at least part of the weekend's events. I will be a first -timer and am excited about the prospect of meeting some fellow DISers! I do have a question about the child-friendliness of these events. We have twins who in October will be 12 months old... We were hoping to at least make it to Sunday brunch/podcast recording but also were interested in Friday night's dinner... What's the generally accepted rule about having small children at these events? Thanks in advance!

Little ones are more than welcome. We are thinking about offering some sort of Babysitting in one of the hotel rooms if that is something you are interested it. Either way, There will be things for them to do and other little ones there!! Please join us!!
Old 06-17-2014, 08:48 PM   #160
StepIntoHorizons
Earning My Ears

We weren't planning on going to this one, but after the fantastic time we had in Hershey, we really want to try to swing it!

I know it says we can only pick one event to go to on Saturday, but we are very torn between the Ren Faire and the historic walking tour. As long as we are back at the hotel by 1:30 for the pm walking tour, would we be able to do that as well as long as we pay for both events?
StepIntoHorizons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:51 PM   #161
rebekahsd
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSWJan78 View Post
Little ones are more than welcome. We are thinking about offering some sort of Babysitting in one of the hotel rooms if that is something you are interested it. Either way, There will be things for them to do and other little ones there!! Please join us!!
Great! Thanks so much!
rebekahsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:29 PM   #162
mdvlprof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
Val & I are booked!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
I am booked for myself. Trying to get the while family booked for the weekend Great job setting this up Divas!!!
Booking in AM. [Have to nab DH Disney Credit Card] Sending info to Mom and niece to see if they'll come.
What is an FE?

MK [and EPCOT under construction] 3/82, WDW 7/99, WDW/DCL 7/02, Indy DIS 9/10, PCC DCL/WDW 12/10Indy DIS 9/11 PCC DCL/WDW 12/12DAP 12/13
Cruised: DCL, CCL, X, RCCL, NCL
mdvlprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:43 PM   #163
TSWJan78
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepIntoHorizons View Post
We weren't planning on going to this one, but after the fantastic time we had in Hershey, we really want to try to swing it! I know it says we can only pick one event to go to on Saturday, but we are very torn between the Ren Faire and the historic walking tour. As long as we are back at the hotel by 1:30 for the pm walking tour, would we be able to do that as well as long as we pay for both events?
Of course, but I would do it the other way around. Do the walking tour in the morning then head over to the Renaissance fair. You can have lunch there and enjoy the afternoon. Bowling doesn't start till 730 so you should have plenty of time. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 06-18-2014, 09:26 AM   #164
StepIntoHorizons
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSWJan78 View Post
Of course, but I would do it the other way around. Do the walking tour in the morning then head over to the Renaissance fair. You can have lunch there and enjoy the afternoon. Bowling doesn't start till 730 so you should have plenty of time. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Great idea! Thank you! I really hope we can make it up there.
StepIntoHorizons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 12:04 PM   #165
maggiemayhem
Mouseketeer

I REALLY want to go for the full event, but I would be coming solo and it would be my first Dis Meet - those combined factors make it a teensy bit intimidating... Can anyone who has gone solo tell me what his/her experience has been like? Is anyone going to this one solo? I'm no wallflower, and I am sure everyone will be super friendly, but I just want to get a better idea of how it will be to attend the full weekend alone.
maggiemayhem is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: