Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2013, 08:10 PM   #46
Jey12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfish View Post
Despite media portrayals to the contrary, we do NOT all drive like maniacs or carry guns. But we do hog-tie folks who talk smack about us!
I'll agree with that. If I had even been able to drive anywhere close to the speed limit or above 5mph I would have been thrilled. You can't drive like a maniac when the rest of the highway has enough time to grill a burger before your car moves 5 inches. No reason I could see for the traffic either. It was a good thing I didn't have a gun. I would have shot out my own tires. Just to have a reason to be sitting there.

As for Galveston I'm not sure why so many people don't like it? There were tons of hotels on the island or in Texas City. We booked a hotel a little over a month before we sailed and had plenty of places to choose from in all different price ranges. The locals we met prior to the cruise and after were all friendly and nice.
Jey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:07 AM   #47
tgch123
Mouseketeer

Someone who just sailed out of Galveston on the last cruise out of that port talked to 2 different DCL cast members and they said Dis will be back and will cruise out of the new Bayport terminal.... Fingers crossed this is legit!!!!
DCL Magic Feb 2013
tgch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2014, 04:48 PM   #48
lyna89
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgch123 View Post
Someone who just sailed out of Galveston on the last cruise out of that port talked to 2 different DCL cast members and they said Dis will be back and will cruise out of the new Bayport terminal.... Fingers crossed this is legit!!!!
I really hope that's true!! I really wanted to cruise with Disney but I missed them. We live about 4 hours away from Houston so I hope they come back!
lyna89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 05:29 PM   #49
mommy2allgirls
Stay out of the damn lakes!

I was on the last cruise out of Galveston and heard they also that they would be back to Texas but who knows if it is true. I do hope so

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
mommy2allgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:28 PM   #50
Parkerpirates
Mouseketeer

If DCL comes back to Texas, or even NOLA, I will change our January 2015 cruise of of Miami and be thrilled! Just for us to fly to Miami is going to cost between 700-1200 when we could spend less than $100 to drive 3 hours to a Galveston or 5.5 to NOLA. Fingers crossed! (And thanks for all the friendly Texas comments! I didn't realize how friendly our state was until we moved to the NE and experienced culture shock!) Yes, we love our guns but we don't drive any worse than any other part of the country...DC traffic was the worst!
Hubby Wifey DD(4) DS(2)
Parkerpirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:18 PM   #51
JsMom2
DIS Veteran

I live in KS, and am also hoping Disney comes back to Galveston. I couldn't believe that people weren't taking advantage of the slashed prices when they were there before!

JsMom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:26 PM   #52
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsMom2 View Post
I live in KS, and am also hoping Disney comes back to Galveston. I couldn't believe that people weren't taking advantage of the slashed prices when they were there before!
Which would just point up why they had to slash the prices in the first place. And why they left Galveston. Many people aren't interested it cruising out of Galveston.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:15 PM   #53
mstee777
Mouseketeer

I'm hoping they return to Texas as well. I cruised DCL out of Galveston last February and my best friend who went with me, cruised again in November. That 3 hour drive to the port is so much better than having to fly to Florida for a cruise. I'd be happy with NOLA as well, still a short drive for us.
mstee777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:06 AM   #54
Imedley200
Mouseketeer

I would be very surprised if DCL returned to Galveston. Cruises were not selling & that's why they were slashing prices. They paid a penalty to pull the Wonder out early. That being said, we loved our cruise out of Galveston because we were living there at the time and were spoiled by a 1/2 full Magic.
Imedley200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 06:31 PM   #55
Parkerpirates
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2allgirls View Post
I was on the last cruise out of Galveston and heard they also that they would be back to Texas but who knows if it is true. I do hope so Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Here's hoping they knew something we didn't for fall 2015!!! (I'm not holding my breath, though!)
Hubby Wifey DD(4) DS(2)
Parkerpirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 06:50 PM   #56
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

We heard that they would be returning as well on a couple different DCL Galveston cruises.
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 03:30 PM   #57
Keyser
Mouseketeer

We were on the spring break trip out of Galveston last year. The ship sure felt extremely full (I know it was sold out online), and the prices were not cheap (it was a "one time" trip - of course, once on board we ended up booking the trip that we will be taking this summer...). On the other hand, Palo was less crowded than I had expected, given how full the rest of the ship felt. Agree with everything everyone said about the horrible overlap with school schedules. I'm sure they'd sell out summer trips from Houston/Galveston, but I expect they're already selling out the trips during that time period from other locations.
Keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 04:04 PM   #58
tajz90
Mama D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
We were on the spring break trip out of Galveston last year. The ship sure felt extremely full (I know it was sold out online), and the prices were not cheap (it was a "one time" trip - of course, once on board we ended up booking the trip that we will be taking this summer...). On the other hand, Palo was less crowded than I had expected, given how full the rest of the ship felt. Agree with everything everyone said about the horrible overlap with school schedules. I'm sure they'd sell out summer trips from Houston/Galveston, but I expect they're already selling out the trips during that time period from other locations.
Living only 2 hrs from Galveston, I'd be on the ship for sure if Disney sailed during the summer. The time frame was horrible for us.
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 04:36 PM   #59
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajz90 View Post
Living only 2 hrs from Galveston, I'd be on the ship for sure if Disney sailed during the summer. The time frame was horrible for us.
During summer, they tend to send the ships to Alaska, Europe and places they can't cruise during the summer.
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 04:52 PM   #60
tajz90
Mama D

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post
During summer, they tend to send the ships to Alaska, Europe and places they can't cruise during the summer.
I know that. . I was just saying it would be nice. Can't and won't take the kids out of school. Texas residents could face harsh penalties for that sort of thing.
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: