Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2013, 02:35 PM   #76
shellstar
Mischeif Managed

So sorry you had to cancel your trip, op. I know that we ended up putting ours off another year so that the dust could settle on the new system. I'm one of those people who like to know what I'm getting myself into, and it would be so stressful knowing that I might be "missing something" or not utilizing the fp+ the way I wanted.

We will be going to Disneyland soon, so we will be getting a good Disney fix there, but I think DW is going to have to wait awhile.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #77
mh1973
DIS Veteran

So can old fp still be pulled or not?
mh1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2013, 02:50 PM   #78
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh1973 View Post
So can old fp still be pulled or not?
Yes.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 04:30 PM   #79
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2darlingboys View Post
What bothers me most about these FP+ posts is that everyone is trying to tell everyone else how to enjoy their vacation. Kathie859, like you, I don't feel that getting FP makes or breaks my vacation, but it clearly does for the OP. Disney has changed the rules... their perogative. But, that doesn't mean it does or will work for all people. Would people willingly go to an expensive all-inclusive resort that is testing their kitchen, not knowing what kind of food you would get? No, because that simply wouldn't fly outside WDW.

I DO expect Disney to get something this big right before they roll it out. They are not a charity. People keep stressing that they are a business, and here to make money. This is DISNEY we are talking about - the paragons of service that companies the world over try to emulate. And, not only are they delivery sub-standard product and services, they are changing things and being practically secretive about it. People are putting their trust in them, and investing a lot of money to get the vacation that suits them, only to have rugs repeatedly pulled out from underneath them.

I understand why OP is cancelling her vacation, and I think it sucks that she has to.
I really don't get this notion that we should be so grateful to be able to vacation that we shouldn't think about choosing the right vacation experience for our family, or that because someone else doesn't mind standby queues or not getting on many rides those who value the rides more highly are wrong.

Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 04:38 PM   #80
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen27 View Post
I really don't get this notion that we should be so grateful to be able to vacation that we shouldn't think about choosing the right vacation experience for our family, or that because someone else doesn't mind standby queues or not getting on many rides those who value the rides more highly are wrong.
It's totally fine to choose the right vacation for your family. But coming on a Disney message board to complain about the new system, profess that you are NEVER GOING AGAIN, etc. without even trying the new system is annoying.
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at POR!

roomthreeseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 04:48 PM   #81
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomthreeseventeen View Post
It's totally fine to choose the right vacation for your family. But coming on a Disney message board to complain about the new system, profess that you are NEVER GOING AGAIN, etc. without even trying the new system is annoying.
I would think that a Disney message board would be the ONLY place to do it. It wouldn't make sense anywhere else.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 04:58 PM   #82
Silver Queen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I suspect that these posters are hoping to influence others on the Boards to stay away from WDW. We were at WDW two weeks ago and I must admit that I was apprehensive after reading the negative posts. I'm glad that I didn't stress out too much about it because our trip using MBs and FP+ was fine. We are getting ready to book another trip and are looking forward to using the new system again.
Silver Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:00 PM   #83
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Queen View Post
I suspect that these posters are hoping to influence others on the Boards to stay away from WDW. We were at WDW two weeks ago and I must admit that I was apprehensive after reading the negative posts. I'm glad that I didn't stress out too much about it because our trip using MBs and FP+ was fine. We are getting ready to book another trip and are looking forward to using the new system again.
I guess that's the point, I just think it's rude. I plan on having a great time at Walt Disney World in January. I booked my FP+ already. If I use them, great, if not, great.
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at POR!

roomthreeseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:03 PM   #84
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

Quote:
I suspect that these posters are hoping to influence others on the Boards to stay away from WDW.

Enjoy your trip.
Old 11-09-2013, 05:06 PM   #85
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I guess that's the point, I just think it's rude. I plan on having a great time at Walt Disney World in January. I booked my FP+ already. If I use them, great, if not, great.
And how do the other posters not happy with the upcoming changes affect your ability to have a great time at Disney?

If you are all set with how great it's going to be, I'm curious why you opened a thread about someone who decided to cancel in the face of so much uncertainty?
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:10 PM   #86
robpa
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I don't recall seeing that anyone said that they are never going again. Most said they are waiting until the dust settles before they make that decision. However even if someone came on here(a Disney Board) and professed that Disney sucks and they are never going again why do people care?

I don't get why someone needs to defend Disney from some anonymous person that is venting their displeasure. I think its been discussed that Disney won't miss them.
robpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:47 PM   #87
patty57
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't think the OP is trying to influence anyone else. She is just stating why she canceled HER vacation. I would take what she is saying at face value without trying to project what you think her motives might be.
patty57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:49 PM   #88
patty57
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Rude? I don't understand this at all. How is the OP explaining why she canceled her vacation rude? You should plan on having a great time at WDW, and I hope that you do.
patty57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:04 PM   #89
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Why would anyone care if someone else goes to WDW or not? I don't see the logic.

Plus I agree that I don't see how it's rude for anyone to post what their thoughts are. That's what forums are for.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #90
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Honestly, I doubt anyone who is venting about FP+ or talking about never going again is trying to influence anyone else not to go. I'd put a LOT more money on that these people just want a place to vent, and are thinking that the best place to be understood is on a disney message board.

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009, April 2010 (F&W Festival!),
April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (Yacht Club, F&W adults only trip!)
Angel Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: