Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2013, 07:24 PM   #316
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebbyparker View Post
Ever changing is right. I get that Disney has to "test", what I don't get is that people who are staying in Pop in TWO days, just had their FP- privileges pulled from them with no notice. You shouldn't have to search websites to find out what's happening on your vacation in TWO days. That's NOT good customer service.
Where did you see that? I do wish that Disney would let people know what's up ahead of time!

ETA: NM, I think that I just saw the thread. That is weird.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:19 PM   #317
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mickeyfan View Post
Yeah, our family wouldn't be worried much if we were able to spend 12 days at Disney.
And there's another upside for Disney - if we can't get as much done per day, we'll all have to stay longer and spend more. There are, conservatively, seven super-headliners that are rather unpleasant to ride standby outside of very low crowd times of day and year - just enough to fill a whole week's vacation. Can't you just see the marketing now? "More magic, less waiting! "

Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2013, 08:20 PM   #318
MABEE
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis j View Post
Really, the only place it is all mucked up is on these Dis Boards. Look at the positive comments too. Most are having no problem with anything. I know we did not have any problems on 2 separate vacations in which we participated in the tests. Reserved 3 rides in 1 park and everyone in our party waited no more than 5 minutes in the FP lanes. Used the paper FP passes for the rest. No problems. Don't worry. Most on this particular thread are a bunch of naysayers who apparently are not interested in Disney trying to solve wait time/ crowding issues. Fear Mongers!!
Shocker-- you used traditional FP and FPP on top of each other before the system had very many users, and you had no problems! Well, duh. If the FPP system was merely a bonus add-on for onsite guests to the traditional FP system, which is how you used it, you wouldn't have so much hand wringing on here. What folks (fear mongers to you) are concerned about is the fact that Disney is now explicitly saying that the FP system is closed to FPP guests, while FPP guests are limited to one headliner at Epcot, and far more limited availability for FPP scheduling at the other parks than was experienced when pulling traditional FPs. Saying "the system is great! I used it in a way that is no longer possible and I had no problems! You people are fear mongers!" helps no one.
MABEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:22 PM   #319
Planogirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MABEE View Post
Shocker-- you used traditional FP and FPP on top of each other before the system had very many users, and you had no problems! Well, duh. If the FPP system was merely a bonus add-on for onsite guests to the traditional FP system, which is how you used it, you wouldn't have so much hand wringing on here. What folks (fear mongers to you) are concerned about is the fact that Disney is now explicitly saying that the FP system is closed to FPP guests, while FPP guests are limited to one headliner at Epcot, and far more limited availability for FPP scheduling at the other parks than was experienced when pulling traditional FPs. Saying "the system is great! I used it in a way that is no longer possible and I had no problems! You people are fear mongers!" helps no one.
Not to mention that there could be even more ride rationing (love that term!) to come as Disney continues to roll everything out. I hope not but you never know.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:28 PM   #320
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
Not to mention that there could be even more ride rationing (love that term!) to come as Disney continues to roll everything out. I hope not but you never know.
Yep. They havent even added APs yet (other than with resort stays)...
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:30 PM   #321
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebbyparker View Post
Ever changing is right. I get that Disney has to "test", what I don't get is that people who are staying in Pop in TWO days, just had their FP- privileges pulled from them with no notice. You shouldn't have to search websites to find out what's happening on your vacation in TWO days. That's NOT good customer service.
Guaranteed only a handful of people are even aware of what's going on at Disney. And they're on this website. LOL Compared to the amount of guests they will process that week, I bet less than 1% will actually complain about this new change to Pop.

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:50 AM   #322
dennis j
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MABEE View Post
They certainly are not forcing anyone to use FP+ . If you dont want to use it, then stand in lines. That's your choice. Disney cannot help that they are an immensely popular vacation destination, though they have worked very hard to be so. It's their business entirely if they want to provide a bonus for on-site resort guests. It's their company, they can do as they choose. If it no longer fits in to your parameters of comfort, than simply don't go. As PlanoGirl posts,, it's really not that complicated. Have a nice day.
dennis j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:53 AM   #323
WillAustin
FP+ Complainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
I think a lot of us have been expecting that for a long time. It's the only way the math actually works out.
WillAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:38 AM   #324
Gillyrose779
Mouseketeer

So not only are people complaining nonstop about this but they are cancelling family vacations too?! - Crazy. FastPass, to me, is an added bonus- not a right. People need to be happy FP even exists instead of being so bitter.
Gillyrose779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:51 AM   #325
dennis j
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillyrose779 View Post
So not only are people complaining nonstop about this but they are cancelling family vacations too?! - Crazy. FastPass, to me, is an added bonus- not a right. People need to be happy FP even exists instead of being so bitter.

AMEN!
dennis j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:02 AM   #326
Kristibo42
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well said

Next trip July 2016 POP and AOA about 70 people
Dec. 2013 Pop Century to celebrate 25 anniversary Adults only
All Star Sports family trip 25 people Feb 2011
Pop Century September. 2009
Pop Century Adults only 20 year anniversary Dec 2008
Pop Century Big family trip 42 people July 2007
Contemporary and All Star Music Dec. 2006
All Star Music June 2005
Port Orleans- Riverside and Disney Wonder Nov. 2002
6th grade trip To Magic Kingdom had my first kiss on Tom Sawyers Island June 1977
Kristibo42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:25 AM   #327
xie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I guess. I kind of have mixed feelings about the whole thing, but I will try to sum up succinctly.

Disney has oversold their parks. If you have to stand in line 2 hours for most activities, the park is oversold and there are too many people inside (regardless of the fire marshal's opinion). Disney has exacerbated this by adding very little new content, watching as their attendance goes up. Most of the development money has gone into building lodging, not adding activity for those overnight guests to partake in.

We've been going for 20 years. There was a time when a Disney trip was relaxing and fun. As the crowds rose, we had to adjust our trips significantly. So from the latter '90s, when we could wander into Epcot at 10am, walk up to a kiosk and book a lunch reservation anywhere we wanted to go, and do everything in any of the parks by mid/late afternoon... to what it is now, where if I don't engage in heavy duty planning at the 6 month mark, we are going to be eating burgers and fries the whole trip. Disney is no longer relaxing. It can still be fun, but it is an extremely scripted experience at this point, because the parks are oversold and overcrowded.

If you have to tell people who paid your high ticket prices that they're going to spend the day waiting in line for all but 3 attractions, that's bad. If you further have to tell people that in Epcot, the attractions are tiered and guess what, for those 3 special rides you can only pick 1 good one and 2 not so good ones... that's even worse.

They really need to stop building DVC resorts and start building magic again. Maybe in 10 years the park landscape at WDW will be better- with Cars Land, Star Wars Land, and Avatar Land (if any of those actually come to pass, a lot of stuff never does). But right now, it is flat out oversold and the Fast Past Plus system is just a bit of a shell game.

27 WDW Trips and 2 DL Trips since 1994
Most recently, New Year's 2014
xie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:26 AM   #328
rebbyparker
DIS Veteran

Excellent post, XIE!
rebbyparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:28 AM   #329
robpa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xie View Post
I guess. I kind of have mixed feelings about the whole thing, but I will try to sum up succinctly.

Disney has oversold their parks. If you have to stand in line 2 hours for most activities, the park is oversold and there are too many people inside (regardless of the fire marshal's opinion). Disney has exacerbated this by adding very little new content, watching as their attendance goes up. Most of the development money has gone into building lodging, not adding activity for those overnight guests to partake in.

We've been going for 20 years. There was a time when a Disney trip was relaxing and fun. As the crowds rose, we had to adjust our trips significantly. So from the latter '90s, when we could wander into Epcot at 10am, walk up to a kiosk and book a lunch reservation anywhere we wanted to go, and do everything in any of the parks by mid/late afternoon... to what it is now, where if I don't engage in heavy duty planning at the 6 month mark, we are going to be eating burgers and fries the whole trip. Disney is no longer relaxing. It can still be fun, but it is an extremely scripted experience at this point, because the parks are oversold and overcrowded.

If you have to tell people who paid your high ticket prices that they're going to spend the day waiting in line for all but 3 attractions, that's bad. If you further have to tell people that in Epcot, the attractions are tiered and guess what, for those 3 special rides you can only pick 1 good one and 2 not so good ones... that's even worse.

They really need to stop building DVC resorts and start building magic again. Maybe in 10 years the park landscape at WDW will be better- with Cars Land, Star Wars Land, and Avatar Land (if any of those actually come to pass, a lot of stuff never does). But right now, it is flat out oversold and the Fast Past Plus system is just a bit of a shell game.
You have hit the proverbial nail on the head. Great Post
robpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:29 AM   #330
Planogirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by xie View Post

I agree wholeheartedly particularly when you say that Disney has been building hotel rooms instead of attractions. A park can only handle so much traffic and as crowds build simple logic says that lines will do the same.

This is ironic considering how hard Disney is pushing to fill all of those hotel rooms.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: