Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2013, 10:38 PM   #1
blueangel2
Mouseketeer

Need help with touring plans, any advice will be welcomed

It's a bit early for me to plan our touring plans, but Im a type A personality and I am currently in that rut where there is nothing to do but wait until a discount comes out and the 60 day mark for FP+ reservations.

My current plans: We are staying May 4 - May 11th at the Art of Animation. I am going with DH, DD (5 at time of trip), DS (19 mths at time of trip) and my parents. This will be the first time for my children and my parents although we are from southern California and are annual passholders for DL. I am trying to figure out how to do the touring plans to get the most benefit out of our stay. My DH and I used tourinplans.com before and it worked out well so I am very interested in using the customizable option on the website, but I still need a little help with this
My week is like this:
Sunday - Arrive Early Evening, spend time at resort or Downtown Disney
Monday - Epcot - Brk in room; Sunshine Seasons for lunch; Teppan Edo for dinner. We plan to arrive at rope drop and stay till the kids are finished
Tues - MK CRT for brk at 8:20; Lunch BOG; Dinner ? We will stay until the kids get tired in the evening...not too late
Wed - most of our day spent at resort, maybe a couple of hours at TL. Chef Mickey Rev for dinner, go to MK for some FP+ rides, electrical parade and firework dinner party.
Thurs - AK - brk in room; Lunch QS; Stay till closing or until need to leave for dinner rev at Sanaa 6pm
Fri - HS - Brk in room, lunch QS; return to MK for rest of day; dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern 5pm
Sat - Blizzard Beach, brk in room, QS; Dinner rev @ Ohana 6pm
Sun - resort pool, DD or Mini golf, depart for airport in afternoon

So I have my itinerary for the week worked out, but how do I customize my touring plan for my days at Magic Kingdom with the FP+ involved. We want to cater mostly to the kids however my DD is 41" and will go on the bigger rides. I also want to see EVERTHING that Disneyland and DCA do not have (except presidents hall) We will be doing one full day starting at RD, an evening starting around 6pm with Parade and Dessert party, and a half day starting after lunch about 2 ish.
None of the touring plans for MK take this a full day, half day and evening into consideration so I need help. Do i stick to one or 2 lands a day? or do I do something else. What do I choose for FP+? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by blueangel2; 11-20-2013 at 10:43 PM.
blueangel2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:32 AM   #2
bastos
ValiantDad

What? No Fantasmic?
bastos is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2013, 08:57 AM   #3
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

Two concerns:

1. It looks like you're only hopping one time. That's a lot of money for just one hop. Can you rearrange to either not hop that day and save some money or utilize that hopper add-on for some other days?

2. You have Chef Mickey dinner AND the dessert party on the same night. I just don't think you'll be hungry enough to really enjoy the dessert party. Could you do Chef Mickey for breakfast that day? Or do the dessert party on another night?
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:31 AM   #4
blueangel2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastos View Post
What? No Fantasmic?
we are skipping fantasmic because of the baby...we can really only do one late night. We have fantasmic here at DL so i can watch anytime.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:33 AM   #5
summermac
DIS Veteran

I agree - I would not pay that much to hop one time.

Can you switch your Ohana and LTT ressies?
And for Chef Mickey, again I agree - how about a late breakfast/early lunch, then to resort then fireworks party that night?
Jun 2009 - Caribbean Beach Resort
May 2001 - offsite
May 1998 - All Star Music
summermac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:42 AM   #6
blueangel2
Mouseketeer

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonabe View Post
Two concerns:

1. It looks like you're only hopping one time. That's a lot of money for just one hop. Can you rearrange to either not hop that day and save some money or utilize that hopper add-on for some other days?

2. You have Chef Mickey dinner AND the dessert party on the same night. I just don't think you'll be hungry enough to really enjoy the dessert party. Could you do Chef Mickey for breakfast that day? Or do the dessert party on another night?
Thank you for pointing out the hopper situtation, I'll have to talk it over with everyone and maybe reconsider getting the hopper. Looking at my schedule...do you see another day where we would be able to use it? Would a full day and a few hours on wed in the evening be enough to see MK? Keep in mind I have little ones so I dont want to wear them out by staying up to late.

As far as chef mickey and dessert party...that is our day off and I figured I'd be able to keep the baby up long enough to see the show if we don't do as much that day. We are NOT big breakfast eaters, in fact most days I dont even eat breakfast. I feel it would be a waste of a TS credit. My kids will have a bowl of oatmeal everyday. We are doing the dessert party as a surprise for my parents, it's their 35th anniversary, so making that type of change would really raise suspicions. Would you have any other suggestions?
Old 11-21-2013, 09:44 AM   #7
summermac
DIS Veteran

Early lunch at Chef Mickey then swim all day at hotel and SURPRISE at night. Yep.

Excuse:
Blame the baby's nap schedule. Baby naps from 2-4 RIGHT?
May 2001 - offsite
Old 11-21-2013, 09:46 AM   #8
summermac
DIS Veteran

TRUTHFULLY with a young child (baby) I would skip the waterparks altogether and spend more time at MK. We haven't been to the waterparks since 2001 and frankly I don't miss them. Use that money savings to get your hoppers (and add a 6th day to your ticket maybe) so you have a little more flexibility in general for your party

I would probably return to Epcot on Saturday - especially with the flower and garden festival going on.
May 2001 - offsite
Old 11-21-2013, 09:48 AM   #9
blueangel2
Mouseketeer

oh and how much time do I need for a water park? is it all day?
Old 11-21-2013, 09:50 AM   #10
summermac
DIS Veteran

Couple of questions:
What is the rest of your travel party? Other kids ages?
And what resort are you staying at?
May 2001 - offsite
Old 11-21-2013, 09:52 AM   #11
blueangel2
Mouseketeer

oh and how much time do I need for a water park? is it all day? If I switch my LLT and Ohana reservations...should I go to MK on Saturday afternoon after spending a few hours at the BB? or should I avoid MK on a saturday at all costs? would the crowds be to crazy to go on a saturday? We do not go to DL on weekends here because of the crowds, so that would scare me a bit
Old 11-21-2013, 09:58 AM   #12
summermac
DIS Veteran

We went the same week as you on our last trip. It wasn't crowded at all. I mean yes it was a little more crowded on the w/e but it was fine.

Here's a great read:
http://www.easywdw.com/calendar/may-...ar/#more-11967
May 2001 - offsite
Old 11-21-2013, 09:59 AM   #13
blueangel2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by summermac View Post
Couple of questions:
What is the rest of your travel party? Other kids ages?
And what resort are you staying at?
we are staying at AOA..Nemo suite. The kids ages at time of visit are 5 and 19 months old. Then it's us 4 adults.

This trip is a bit of a celebration...My daughter had open heart surgery that the drs feared should wouldn't live through. This will be 5 years ago on May 7th. This trip is mostly for her because she will be starting Kindergarten in the fall. She's a bit of a thrill seeker...and she loves water parks I know she will have a blast, so I really didn't want to cut that out.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:01 AM   #14
summermac
DIS Veteran

And I apologize but you gave your travel party and resort info in the OP.

TRUTHFULLY at the age of your kids, I definitely would not go to waterpark:
There is likely very little DD5 can ride due to height restrictions.
And DS, literally no reason to take a 19 month old there.

Enjoy the pool/kids area at AoA instead and spend your money on hoppers instead. That way IF MK is too crowded on Sat you can hop to Epcot (Epcot handles crowds well) and enjoy the rest of the night there.
May 2001 - offsite
Old 11-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #15
summermac
DIS Veteran

How tall is your DD5?

Hahaha, could I maybe READ your post? You said she is 41 inches. Given that I would REALLY rethink the water park for sure. Their thrill rides are almost all 48 inch and up. At Blizzard Beach this eliminates three out of 11 attractions. At TL, it's 2 out of 12.

I guess that's not really a huge deal but for the cost PP to upgrade to WP&M, it seems like it's a waste for your party. (And is for mine, as well.)
May 2001 - offsite

Last edited by summermac; 11-21-2013 at 10:13 AM.

Tags
fp+, itinerary help, strategy, touring plans

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: