Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Favorite Moderate Resort Pool
Caribbean Beach 13 34.21%
Coronado Springs 15 39.47%
French Quarter 4 10.53%
Riverside 6 15.79%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2013, 10:02 PM   #31
Mousemom234
Mouseketeer

Coronado pools for us, too. Not the main pool, but the quiet pools. They're the only ones on property I can swim in.
Chlorine and I are not a happy combination. Since the CSR quiet pools use a bromine sanitizing system, I have no problem with them, and have spent quite a few happy hours relaxing in a CSR quiet pool before going back to the parks for the evening.

We've stayed in the Cabanas (pre-remodel) and the Casitas. I prefer the Casitas, for the convenience of the locations, and the ambiance, DH preferred the Cabanas. We'd both like CSR a lot more if they went back to the 2 chairs and a table/desk, rather than the too-low ottomans and the rather springy desk chair. You'll do better there if you have a car - which we always do.
But overall, I'd have to say it's our 2nd fav of the resorts that still exist at WDW

Me -----------DH --------- & ------
1987 Disney Inn... 1989 Poly... 1991 Port Orleans...
...Offsite x5... CBR... Disney Institute... CSR... OKW... POP... CBR...
2009 CSR... August 2012 ASMu....April 2014 Offsite(HI MGE)
Next : Unknown

2003-5 WDW Great Races

Last edited by Mousemom234; 11-18-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Mousemom234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:57 AM   #32
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemom234 View Post
Coronado pools for us, too. Not the main pool, but the quiet pools. They're the only ones on property I can swim in.
Chlorine and I are not a happy combination. Since the CSR quiet pools use a bromine sanitizing system, I have no problem with them, and have spent quite a few happy hours relaxing in a CSR quiet pool before going back to the parks for the evening.

We've stayed in the Cabanas (pre-remodel) and the Casitas. I prefer the Casitas, for the convenience of the locations, and the ambiance, DH preferred the Cabanas. We'd both like CSR a lot more if they went back to the 2 chairs and a table/desk, rather than the too-low ottomans and the rather springy desk chair. You'll do better there if you have a car - which we always do.
But overall, I'd have to say it's our 2nd fav of the resorts that still exist at WDW
Did not know about the non=chlorine pools there. Another perk for us to try out.

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #33
cmusschoot
DIS Veteran

Coronado

Love the theming at Coronado...and it never seems too crowded.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:25 PM   #34
ColonelHathi
Mouseketeer

Loved the pools and hot tub at CSR! We had a spilt stay with POR, so tried out POR and POFQ pools too. Hands down CSR! We were in Rancheros 6A, farthest out, but really a quick walk to the Dig Site. I really liked bus stop 3 - 2nd on so never a crowded bus, 2nd off when returning. It's a bit of a walk to El Centro (we had a rental car and drove mostly), but the theming is great. Used the bar at the dig site for mug refills often. I actually preferred the quietness over some of the hustle and bustle at POR - way more families at POR I think. I also like a pool with a sunny spot to lounge -POFQ or CSR for that. Kids liked the jaguar slide at CSR over the sea serpent slide at POFQ and the slide at POR. Rooms... I slightly prefer PORs theme, but the beds were more comfortable at CSR. I also liked the sliding doors over the curtain too.

TBD ~ August 2015
CSR October 2013, POR October 2013

Jungle Cruise Skipper ~ Spring CP, Summer Seasonal 1995
ColonelHathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:26 AM   #35
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

The more posts, I keep learning the CST might be an overlooked gem. So glad we booked for two night is May.

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: