Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Favorite Moderate Resort Pool
Caribbean Beach 13 34.21%
Coronado Springs 15 39.47%
French Quarter 4 10.53%
Riverside 6 15.79%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2013, 09:08 AM   #1
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Favorite Moderate Resort Pool

We have a trip booked at the BCV (we are DVC members) and want to add a couple of extra days to this trip but also save some money on those extra nights by staying at a Moderate Resort. What is your favorite Moderate Resort Pool and why?

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:21 AM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
We have a trip booked at the BCV (we are DVC members) and want to add a couple of extra days to this trip but also save some money on those extra nights by staying at a Moderate Resort. What is your favorite Moderate Resort Pool and why?
We've only stayed at CBR and we loved the pool. With that said, it has been redone since our stay and the pics I've seen look great as the pirate theme is very cool, IMO .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2013, 09:24 AM   #3
dansdad
DIS Veteran

We have stayed at CBR, POR and POFQ and CBR is our favorite Mod resort and favorite Mod pool. We like it because it is a good size, has 2 great slides and it also has a kiddie splash area that is really nice for the little ones. Also, one of the two hot tubs is kind of hidden so it usually isn't packed with kids.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:39 AM   #4
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

We stayed at CBR our first trip with DD when they were redoing the pool. It looked awesome during the construction phase. The only down side we for us at CBR was the internal buses. Do you think that would be a problem in May?

Old 11-08-2013, 09:47 AM   #5
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
We stayed at CBR our first trip with DD when they were redoing the pool. It looked awesome during the construction phase. The only down side we for us at CBR was the internal buses. Do you think that would be a problem in May?
Don't all the mods have internal busses?
jimandami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:55 AM   #6
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandami View Post
I think when PP referred to internal busses you got confused between busses that go to the parks and the unique to CBR bus that drives from Village to Village but doesn't ever leave CBR.

Tom
Old 11-08-2013, 10:04 AM   #7
"Cinder" Ella's Mom
DIS Veteran

We love the pool area at CSR. The pool is huge with a fun slide and Mayan pyramid. When the pool openings in the morning, the CMs gather all of the kids to sit on the pyramid steps as they turn on the cascading water. That is pretty fun. All areas of the pool are visible from surrounding chairs, which I like. The area also has a dig site (sand for digging and excavating), a playground and an arcade plus pool bar/QS restaurant. You can refill mugs here too. In addition, there is a splash area for really little kids. Evenings there include roasting of marshmallows and movies by the pool. My kids DS12 and DD10 have been going there since they were 4 and 6 and have always loved it...still do!
"Cinder" Ella's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:05 AM   #8
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKaiTom View Post

I think when PP referred to internal busses you got confused between busses that go to the parks and the unique to CBR bus that drives from Village to Village but doesn't ever leave CBR.

Tom
You are right! I was just thinking that they all have multiple bus stops!

OP: we really enjoy CSR, it feels almost like a deluxe, so that would be my recommendation.
jimandami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:08 AM   #9
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKaiTom View Post

Tom
Old 11-08-2013, 01:55 PM   #10
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandami View Post
French Quarter does not have an internal bus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Cinder" Ella's Mom View Post
We love the pool area at CSR. The pool is huge with a fun slide and Mayan pyramid. When the pool openings in the morning, the CMs gather all of the kids to sit on the pyramid steps as they turn on the cascading water. That is pretty fun. All areas of the pool are visible from surrounding chairs, which I like. The area also has a dig site (sand for digging and excavating), a playground and an arcade plus pool bar/QS restaurant. You can refill mugs here too. In addition, there is a splash area for really little kids. Evenings there include roasting of marshmallows and movies by the pool. My kids DS12 and DD10 have been going there since they were 4 and 6 and have always loved it...still do!
CSR is the only Mod we have not stayed at. Do they have an internal bus loop? You are really making this a tough choice because I did not know all that about CSR.

Old 11-08-2013, 02:11 PM   #11
"Cinder" Ella's Mom
DIS Veteran

As far as I know there are no busses that go from one location to another on property only. You can get a preferred room near El Centro and not far from the Dig Site pool. Often CMs in golf carts will offer guests a ride, but not always. The property is large, but we have never been troubled by the size. They d now have "Business class" rooms in a desirable Casitas building and those include access to a lounge, continental breakfast, snacks, etc. Preferred rooms are in Casitas. We have only ever stayed Delux and CSR and really like CSR a lot.
"Cinder" Ella's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #12
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

I agree with several other posters. I have had the pleasure of staying at all the moderate resorts and CSR is by far our favorite!
Old 11-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #13
KELLY
DIS Veteran

CSR for us. Dh just asked if we could switch and stay there instead of POFQ.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
KELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:44 PM   #14
HopperFan
"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess. One of those "circle of life" kind of things."

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Cinder" Ella's Mom View Post
Our favorite as well. The slide is great for all ages, even adults and other than SAB I think the longest on property. The hot tub is the largest on property. We have never had any problem getting lounges, table/chairs at any time of day. The pool bar serves a small menu of counter service items and we've had lunch by pool without having to walk to a restaurant. Shade and sun alike. They play pool games with the kids too, and even big kids can play if like a trivia game. My kids loved it when they were young and still their favorite as adults.

The bus situation is that the bus picks up around the resort with the last stop being the main hub El Centro. So anyone wanting to go from their room to the El Centro can catch a bus. When it leaves the front it heads to the parks, so you can get on any bus coming by if you are only going to the main building. We like Ranchos which we can ride the bus to the front or walk, but we usually walk, it's not bad and the resort is beautiful. And at night stunning with all the lights bouncing off the lake. You def want to walk it at night.

Back to pools:
POR - Great theme, across the bridge from food court. Slide is fun for young children. Our issue is that even in low season we never can get seating for the family, find ourselves cramming on a couple chairs. We usually give up after once or twice and use quiet pool, so defeats one purpose of upgrading.
POFQ - Adorable theme, works great with resort, but even when my kids were young they called it the baby pool. Depends on your kids age and likes but I think for young families it is fine.
CBR - both our trips our room was located 1/2 mile from the main pool. First trip we went, it was before they renovated it and was not much. I understand it's cute now but last trip we decided we weren't going to walk that far (my kids were no longer young and excited about it) and I'm not in to getting on buses in bathing suits. So honestly room location could kill it for us no matter what the pool is like.
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 for "COMPLIMENTARY" Dining

Making Magical Visits since 1971 ~ now visiting 5-6 weeks per year ON PROPERTY STAYS & Our Star Rating:
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2x ~ Wilderness Lodge
Coronado Springs 7x ~ PO Riverside (Dixie Landings) 5x (1xRoyal) ~ Bonnett Creek (w/car)
POP Century 14x ~ Hilton DTD 2x
All Star Movie ~ Doubletree Suites DTD 2x ~ Wilderness Cabins ~ All Star Sports 3x
Caribbean Beach 2x (1xPirate) ~ All Star Music 2x
Lots of offsite, but somehow it never seems right, 'though Rosen Shingle Creek was luxury I could get used to !

Last edited by HopperFan; 11-08-2013 at 04:19 PM.
HopperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:55 PM   #15
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

CSR has an amazing pool. The hot tub is huge and the slide is pretty good. Their poolside bar is also fantastic! You can also refill your mugs at the pool too.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: