Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2013, 08:53 PM   #1
emelee1053
Earning My Ears

It's complicated...

I ended my previous trip report without completing it because life got complicated. For those who were following, I apologize. My life as I knew it ended when my daughter was killed in a car crash on April 20, 2013.

From her first trip at age 2 in April 1987

to her last trip at age 27 in October 2012, she was truly a Disney Princess

When I went on my already planned trip in May 2013, I wanted to take her with me, but the only thing I could think of was a Celebrate button with her picture on it. So that's what I did, and I wore that button on my lanyard the whole trip

Dinner at Tony's at MK on Mother's Day was really hard, but the CMs there were so nice. After noticing my pin, they presented me with a Mother's Day gift:

I will treasure it always!

My trip at the end of September was my very first "solo" trip. Although I was meeting friends, and visiting my niece who lives in Orlando, I spent quite a bit of time alone. It gave me time to grieve, and it helped, but I don't think I want to do that again realy soon. Too painful!

Just a bit about my DNiece, who is a CM at Universal (after being a CM at Disney for 10 years) and a joy to spend time with. Here are pix from my last trip
As Sarah Connor at Terminator 2 3-D (where I always get VIP treatment)

and as The Battleaxe in Sinbad's Voyage (got the royal treatment here, too!)

So this is where it gets complicated: avoiding another solo trip I've made plans to travel to the World in March 2014, with a bunch of other people! My DS33, and his GF will be traveling down with me (stopping in MD for him to be in his best friend's wedding) and we have booked Beach Club with DVC points for 5 nights. They have to come back sooner than I do, so I have invited one of my daughter's childhood friends and her wife to join me at WDW (she's never been) and drive back with me. I have booked 6 nights DVC at Saratoga Springs for the second leg of the journey, and we hope to spend a night or two on each end at Universal (I got my first Universal AP in October).

In addition to my immediate travel party, there will be overlapping with my cousin and her husband, newlyweds on their first trip to Disney, and some of my online friends from FB. So, stick around and watch the confusion as it unfolds...
emelee1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:00 PM   #2
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

I got your PM and responded I am so very very sorry for the loss of your beautiful daughter

Ruthie
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2013, 09:05 PM   #4
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I just read and I am so sorry. My daughter is 21 and was in a horrid car accident this past Aug. Luckily she lived, but she was thrown out of the truck and really is very lucky to be alive. the driver was killed and another passenger had major head injuries. We were so blessed her injuries were not as severe as they could've been and I can only start to understand what you have been going through.
That was a very hard month for me..... helping her heal and doing a lot of private crying. Stay strong and I admire your strength.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:23 PM   #5
Happy 2 B Me
I have ears --just not Disney Ears.

You are one of the strongest mom's I have had the chance to read about. I must say your daughter is a beautiful girl that will be missed by so many. A mom's love never ends it just grows stronger. My heart is with you and your son. I am glad you are continuing to live a life your daughter would want you to. Looking forward to reading about your trips to WDW.

Prayers and thoughts are with you.
Happy 2 B Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:47 PM   #6
lheav09
Earning My Ears

Joining in! I'm so very sorry for the loss of your daughter, she was a beautiful woman! And it's great that you are able to keep the Disney love alive because I am sure that is exactly what she would want you to do.

Lauren (Me) Jeff (DH) Michaela aka Mickey! (2)

March 2014 - POFQ
lheav09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:50 PM   #7
FLSarah
Mouseketeer

I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter. After my brother died in a car accident it took many years for his death to no longer define us as a family. I'm glad that you got to honor your daughter on your last trip, and I hope you all enjoy your upcoming trip!
FLSarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:18 AM   #8
emelee1053
Earning My Ears

Thank you all for your kind words. I've found that the online community has been a great help to me in getting through the dark days followiny Sarah's death, and will do the same in the months to come as we deal with the aftermath of the accident.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:23 AM   #9
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Old 10-22-2013, 11:25 AM   #10
Lily Mai
Loving Disney since 1988!

First post

I am literally only after joining this forum and the first post I read was your post about losing your daughter - I am so very sorry for your loss - I cannot imagine what the past couple of months have been like for you! You really have some strength to continue on the way you have and I am delighted to hear about what I am sure will be a fantastic trip for you next year! Well done and keep strong!
Lily Mai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:36 PM   #11
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Your title drew me to read. I am truly sorry for the loss of your beautiful Daughter, Sarah. She truly WAS a Disney Princess, so beautiful. Her photos radiate warmth and joy. I am thankful you have shared her with us and I look forward to reading along.
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:40 PM   #12
kittengal13
kittengal13

I just wanted to say stop in and say I am so sorry to hear about your daughter, what a beautiful woman she was. Sending all love and hope your trip is wonderful xxx
Old 10-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #13
emelee1053
Earning My Ears

A little history

I'm relatively new to the DISBoards, still "earning my ears", and to the world of Disney planners in general. Although I've been going to Disney since 1972, all of my trips were as an adult. Both of my kids made their first trip to WDW at the age of 2, and most of our trips were multi-generational trips planned and led by my parents. Planned as in dates, and logistics, but nothing like the planning I do today!

My favorite photo of my Dad is him standing under the clock on Main Street in 1971, a few weeks after Magic Kingdom opened.

Many trips followed, including many combinations of my parents, me and my siblings, and the grandchildren. Some included in-laws, outlaws and friends. The largest group was 12. We did our first Disney cruise in 1993. We spent 4 days on the Premier Cruise Lines' Big Red Boat (pre-Disney Cruise Lines) and 3 nights at Caribbean Beach Resort.

(Left to right, me, my nephew, Dad, Mom, friend, daughter Sarah, sister, and son Patrick.

My dad passed in 1999 and my mom in 2006. We got our love for Disney from them. His favorite thing was to see his oldest niece perform as CruElla DeVil at MGM Studios

In 2008, during a disasterous stay at a Days Inn on I-Drive, I threatened never to return, but my son suggested we check out Disney Vacation Club. Took the tour. I was hooked. I bought points at Saratoga Springs right then and there, and an annual Disney trip became a must do. I was blessed because my kids hadn't lost their love of Disney and were still willing to vacation with me, especially if I was treating…lol.

With more time on my hands, and children grown, I started getting into the planning part of Disney vacations as a way to fill up my time between trips. I signed up for TourGuideMike.com and learned a lot. Picking a park based on crowd projections? Totally new concept. Having a strategy for touring a park? What's wrong with what we've always done and just go there and wander around? Had to think about that one! Rope drop? Seriously? Learning abbreviations was a challenge but I got most of them. And TGM forums led me to other sites, like DISBoards, some FB Disney fansites, and all the other things that could help make a Disney trip more fun. So thank you all for being here, and sharing what you've learned to make my trips better. With only 135 days until we leave, it's time to get started.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:22 PM   #14
emelee1053
Earning My Ears

a little help, please and thank you!

On several trip reports, I noted that people posted in chapters. Since this is apt to be lengthy, I wondered if anyone could help me out and tell me how to do that? Thanks!
Old 10-28-2013, 11:12 PM   #15
ptisme
Mouseketeer

Joining in. Am so sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter. I can't even imagine the pain you must feel. Generally just lurk through things but pop in now and again to comment.

We will be in the world and at Universal at around the same time. 3/15 - 3/23. We only get 4 days in the world due to military tickets and two days at universal. Then we have friends to visit with (my husband was mobilized twice with a unit out of Orlando). Then back to work and school in Arizona!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: