Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2013, 09:08 AM   #1
traces7
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know about the Target egift cards on Swagbucks?

Thinking about cashing in my points on Swagbucks for a Target egift card.
Are you able to print the Target egift card out and take to Target and use? It sounds like you may have to have a smartphone to use them in store, anyone know for sure?
I know the Starbucks egift cards you can print out and take and use in the store.
Thanks for any help!
traces7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:03 PM   #2
orion2185
Mouseketeer

Can't comment as we are new to swaggbucks But we have reached enough to get higest target GC We are wondering the same thing Also are there any restrictions when redeeming rewards on swaggbucks? Such as if you got a target GC are you banned from getting another target GC in the future? Is there a time restriction on when you can redeem your next reward? Etc Some other sites similar to swaggbucks do the above
orion2185 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2013, 04:27 PM   #3
traces7
DIS Veteran

I'm pretty sure you can get as many Target gift cards as you want. There may be a limit to how often, but I'm not sure. I have gotten 2 Amazon egift cards at once and have gotten about 8 all together now. Guess no one knows the answer to my original question.
Old 11-09-2013, 05:30 PM   #4
crazelion
Form feet and legs...form arms and body...and I'll form...THE HEAD!
Why did the monsters at the end of "Voltron" always get killed by the Blazing Sword?

You have register egift card from Target at Target.com. You just can't take to the store use it like a regular gift card. That is reason I stop using them.

Thank You GumpyPirate
crazelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:49 PM   #5
Disfamily0405
Mouseketeer

you have to have access to the app if you want to use the e-gift card at the store. otherwise you can use them at Target.com
Disfamily0405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:08 PM   #6
susianew
Mouseketeer

In the Target app, there is a function for combining gift cards. So I entered a physical gift card (a $5 one I got as part of their promotional sales) and the egiftcard, then transferred the balance over to the physical card & used that in store.

I know this summer groupon did an egift card & I tried printing it out, but even though it had a number & all they couldn't do anything with it at the register because it didn't have a bar code. They referred me to customer service, but there was a line so I just merged them at home.

If you don't have a smartphone, you could try it on an iPad, iPod touch or borrow someone's smart phone for a few minutes & get it transferred over.
susianew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:13 PM   #7
traces7
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a hassle, especially since I don't have a smart phone. My DD does have an ipod touch though. Think I'll just get a different gift card!
Thanks everyone!
Old 11-09-2013, 10:41 PM   #8
SKTiger
Mouseketeer

Swagbucks does have some limits on the furry cards and the frequency you can get them; I think it's two of each type per day and so many (5 maybe?) each month.

SKTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #9
bethy195
Earning My Ears

You can use the Target app to enter the gift card numbers, or you can use the gift cards to purchase items online. I have a Red Card, too, so I can apply the Red Card and then use the Target gift card from swagbucks. I recently redeemed two $50 Target gift cards online to buy 2 $50 Disney gift cards. I applied the Red Card first, which also took off 5% and gave me free shipping.
bethy195 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: