Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2013, 07:50 AM   #1
Lisadaa2
Mouseketeer

Has anyone tried changing their Epcot FP+

For those that booked their FP+ before the tier system have you tried changing anything? I would like to make a change but am afraid that it will put me in the tier system.
Lisadaa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:57 AM   #2
BBGirl
DIS Veteran

Yes I have changed times and attractions and had no problem. I haven't started over which I believe is where u have a problem. I also copied all my FP+ to my DS with no problem, HTH
AKV Dec 2013
ASMu Nov-Dec 2008
Pop Nov-Dec 2006
ASSp Nov-Dec 2005
ASMo July 2005
BBGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2013, 07:57 AM   #3
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisadaa2 View Post
For those that booked their FP+ before the tier system have you tried changing anything? I would like to make a change but am afraid that it will put me in the tier system.
We were there last week and I had FP+ choices for Nov. 1 and Nov. 2 and tried a few times to change my times prior to those dates and could not. Now that I'm home and have read the updates I guess the tiered system kept me from making changes. Both days I had both Soarin and TT as choices and could not make any time changes to either. It would just come up as unavailable. We will be back in January, so will be watching to see what changes occur then. Since we stay at the BWV, we often wander into EPCOT in the evening, so we enjoyed being able to ride these hard to get on attractions. I guess we'll have to alternate between them. Since we go in the evening, most folks know that you don't really need a FP for anything else other than these 2. Oh well, at least we got to do a double at EPCOT before the change.

2015 TRIPS-Under Construction
April 29 - May 16 @ BCV
Sept 11-12@ BLT; ? + Cruise
Oct 25 - Nov 7 @ ?

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:58 AM   #4
pigletto
DIS Veteran

I am in the same boat as you. I want to change one for Maelstrom but I am afraid A) it won't let me pick another headliner, and B) it will mess everything up entirely because last time I tried to make a switch I ended up with some people having the old fastpasses and some people having the new ones. And I can't fix it.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:06 AM   #5
Tekneek
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yes. While I was at WDW last week, attempting to change previously scheduled FP+ would put me through the new (and far less desirable) tiered structure. The problem with Disney's approach with this is that almost all of the second group of attractions are a waste of FP+ reservations (especially at Epcot). Why book them for attractions you can walk on most of the day, or never have more than a 10 or 15 minute wait?
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:41 AM   #6
magicaldisney
DIS Veteran

I personally, have decided not to try to change anything for Epcot. I just don't want to take any chances with losing everything I have. Good luck if you decide to go for it. Let us know what happens please.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:54 AM   #7
kayemgi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
I am in the same boat as you. I want to change one for Maelstrom but I am afraid A) it won't let me pick another headliner, and B) it will mess everything up entirely because last time I tried to make a switch I ended up with some people having the old fastpasses and some people having the new ones. And I can't fix it.
We were just there, and before we went, before the tier system showed up, I had TT, Soarin, and Maelstrom. At the last minute I decided to change Maelstrom for Mission Space, and it let me. Then while we were in the park I changed my mind again and tried to change it back to Maelstrom, but it wouldn't let me. I had no idea Maelstrom was considered a headliner? I should have stuck with my original plan!
kayemgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:31 AM   #8
karenklo
DIS Veteran

I have FP+ for Maelstrom, TT, and Soarin. I needed to change the time for Maelstrom. I went in and just selected times change and was able to do it without losing TT and soarin.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:17 AM   #9
Lisadaa2
Mouseketeer

Ok so it seems like it will be ok. I have TT, Soarin', and character spot. I read we don't need character spot so I was going to change to Maelstrom or turtle talk with crush.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:39 AM   #10
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes I have changed our EPCOT times and we have Soarin and Test Track each day we are there and had no problems. If you change the experience (example if you swapped Soarin for Maelstrom) you can't go back and then add Soarin if you a lady have Test Track.

I spoke to a FP+ CM at EPCOT the other day and she said they were getting so many complaints over not bring able to FP+ both TT and Soarin.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:40 AM   #11
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok so it seems like it will be ok. I have TT, Soarin', and character spot. I read we don't need character spot so I was going to change to Maelstrom or turtle talk with crush.
maelstrom would be the better choice. The longest I've been the Character Spot is 15 minutes, usually 5-10. Turtle Talk is usually 10-15too since you almost always get into the next show running.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:52 AM   #12
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This is exactly what I want to do!. I guess I'll try. I won't be too broken up about it if it doesn't work.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:57 AM   #13
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Ok, just logged in and selected to change our Character Spot experience. The only thing it offered me in it's place was Maelstrom, but that's what I wanted. I went through the screens, and voila..it's done. No issues and it's showing correctly on my reservations page.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:32 PM   #14
Lisadaa2
Mouseketeer

I did it! I clicked on Character Spot to change and oddly the only option was Maelstrom. Perfection!! Thanks for your replies
Old 11-10-2013, 09:38 PM   #15
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicaldisney View Post
I personally, have decided not to try to change anything for Epcot. I just don't want to take any chances with losing everything I have. Good luck if you decide to go for it. Let us know what happens please.
I am 100% with you and won't change my FP+. I just don't want to lose what I have!
ZehnJahren is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: