Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2013, 07:22 PM   #871
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDERNESS FAN 55 View Post
Magic Bands are really same technology as KTTW card. Just in a wrist band instead of your wallet. Opens door , charges to your account and gets you into park. FP+ is new part.
And transmits a longer signal so photopass can gather pictures of you on rides, sensors can monitor your location, and provide interaction with rides and queues. But otherwise very similar to new RFID cards. RFID cards don't make your wrist sweat either.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:02 PM   #872
WILDERNESS FAN 55
CANNOT GET ENOUGH

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
And transmits a longer signal so photopass can gather pictures of you on rides, sensors can monitor your location, and provide interaction with rides and queues. But otherwise very similar to new RFID cards. RFID cards don't make your wrist sweat either.
AH true ! But prefer the bands over cards any day ! Always felt I would lose it (because I did one time lol)

Off site 72-76-76-77-78(MM 50th b-day) 79-81-82-85-86 FW-84-86-88-90-90-91-92-95-96
Poly 87 GF 88 CR 90 CBR 91-06-10
Disney Inn 93 ASM 95-96-02 CS 98
POFQ 97 DIXIE Landing 00 POR 07-08 WL-11
DL-Honeymoon-77 03 OKW -13 BLT-13 BWV-13
Trips planned 2015 WDW 2016 Aulani 2017 WDW XMAS
WILDERNESS FAN 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2013, 10:07 PM   #873
WILDERNESS FAN 55
CANNOT GET ENOUGH

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebbyparker View Post
Agreed, however, people are STILL reporting problems/issues/glitches with the MB's. Those should have been perfected before throwing any other new changes into the mix. I could deal with MB problems, if that was it. I could deal with FP+/MDE issues, if that was it. I could deal with tiered FP+ issues, if that was it. Throwing all these changes at people with less than stellar IT/CM's, again, is ridiculous.

And I'm really not complaining, I managed to get everything I needed done. Except MDE is having a problem holding onto my daughter's FP+. They fixed it this morning, I'm good (as long as I don't have to do this AGAIN). Just feeling disgruntled at what I've had to go through for this upcoming trip. I planned a trip last year for 18 people with the DDP for 7 days and didn't have this many problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikek View Post
well sort of. It's the same technology as current KTTW cards which have NFC/RFID but not the same as the old KTTW cards which had magnetic stripe.

Also, I'm not sure they didn't change the back end system as the new KTTW/MB's can do things that the old ones couldn't like link to annual passes.

So that all should have been tested to death first.

and even being the same technology doesn't mean they dont need testing. When HDMI for tv's came out there were all different incompatibilities between certain bits of hardware. Bluetooth has been around for years now, yet it's still a crapshoot pairing a new cell phone to a new car.

sounds like somehow, something may be different between the KTTW cards and MB's. It's not giant widespread but there's more than a couple posts here about MB's not working and people using KTTW cards instead.

I'm ok with ALL the changes at once instead of changes gradually over the next few years. I think a lot more are finding the whole experience is working better than thought.

Off site 72-76-76-77-78(MM 50th b-day) 79-81-82-85-86 FW-84-86-88-90-90-91-92-95-96
Poly 87 GF 88 CR 90 CBR 91-06-10
Disney Inn 93 ASM 95-96-02 CS 98
POFQ 97 DIXIE Landing 00 POR 07-08 WL-11
DL-Honeymoon-77 03 OKW -13 BLT-13 BWV-13
Trips planned 2015 WDW 2016 Aulani 2017 WDW XMAS
WILDERNESS FAN 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:08 PM   #874
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDERNESS FAN 55 View Post
AH true ! But prefer the bands over cards any day ! Always felt I would lose it (because I did one time lol)
I don't mind the bands. The future interactive components will be like the Disney of old. Cutting edge. We have a long wait though...
Old 11-11-2013, 10:49 PM   #875
famy27
DIS Veteran

As promised, I sent WDW a lengthy e-mail expressing concern about the tiered system. I received this in response. Apparently, in addition to headliners, Disney is also rationing the use of commas:

Thank you for choosing Walt Disney World® Resort as your magical vacation destination!

If you choose the FastPass+ option it is limited to three attractions all in the same theme park on each day of use and currently at Epcot® it is also a tiered system of choices but please be aware that
FastPass+ is an option, it is not a requirement, you can still use
Disney’s standard Fastpass® option instead if you would prefer where available. Each guest even in the same reservation, can choose FastPass+ or not, if it offered as part of the current test.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and realize that this is not necessarily the answer you were looking for.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.
famy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:53 PM   #876
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by famy27 View Post
As promised, I sent WDW a lengthy e-mail expressing concern about the tiered system. I received this in response. Apparently, in addition to headliners, Disney is also rationing the use of commas:

Thank you for choosing Walt Disney World® Resort as your magical vacation destination!

If you choose the FastPass+ option it is limited to three attractions all in the same theme park on each day of use and currently at Epcot® it is also a tiered system of choices but please be aware that
FastPass+ is an option, it is not a requirement, you can still use
Disney’s standard Fastpass® option instead if you would prefer where available. Each guest even in the same reservation, can choose FastPass+ or not, if it offered as part of the current test.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and realize that this is not necessarily the answer you were looking for.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

And don't forget that you can ride any ride using our standby system...
Old 11-11-2013, 10:56 PM   #877
rebbyparker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
rebbyparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:37 AM   #878
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by famy27 View Post
At least they admit this. I sent a message asking about FP+ too and the answer I got didn't have anything whatsoever to do with my question other than the fact that it mentioned fastpass.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:04 AM   #879
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
At least they admit this. I sent a message asking about FP+ too and the answer I got didn't have anything whatsoever to do with my question other than the fact that it mentioned fastpass.
They didn't answer my question either, about when FP+ might be available to annual passholders staying offsite. In mine all they said was something about appreciating their annual passholders (even if we do choose to stay offsite and will not be able to use their FP+ system at this time). I didn't ask if we were appreciated, I wanted to know when FP+ might be available for us too.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:16 AM   #880
wesleybean
Earning My Ears

Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpa View Post
Rumor is that once system is rolled out completely normal fastpass will no longer be available.
That very well may be what ends up happening, but for now, those with upcoming trips can use it however they want. I have faith that Disney will make the customer experience the best it can be. This is the largest project Disney has taken on, and I doubt they want to lose visitors due to it. They are spending %1.5 BILLION dollars on this and they won't get it wrong. That being said, Disney has said some of the objectives of the project are as follows:

–By getting guests to plan more of their trips in advance, Disney expects they will spend more of their vacation time on Disney World property, instead of visiting Universal Orlando, shopping malls or other off-property attractions.

–By making food and souvenir purchases as easy as waving a wristband in front of a scanner — the same cash-free model that has been so lucrative for the cruise industry — Disney thinks guests will spend more money overall.

–By collecting more personal data about visitors, from their favorite characters to their spending habits, Disney hopes to develop more effective sales offers customized for individual families.

-Disney thinks MyMagic–will help in other areas, too, from luring more people into company-owned hotels to establishing a new souvenir line in the form of MagicBand accessories.

In the end, it may look very different from any of the tests, but Disney won't ruin their brand or make the experience any less magical.
2009 - Hilton at WDW
2011 - Pop Century
2012 - Hilton at WDW
2012 - Pop Century
2013 - Art of Animation-Nemo Family Suites
2013 - Animal Kingdom-Savanna Bunk
2013 - Hilton at WDW
2014 - Wyndham Grand Orlando-Bonnet Creek
2014 - Contemporary Resort
wesleybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:24 AM   #881
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesleybean View Post
In the end, it may look very different from any of the tests, but Disney won't ruin their brand or make the experience any less magical.
Ultimately I agree. But many many people have thousands of dollars wrapped up in trips in the short term. And it's going to take a while for them to get it right. Some can have a less than magical trip and have the cash to come back next year and try again. Some just don't. Those are the ones I feel for most.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:27 AM   #882
Momtomouselover
DIS Veteran

The problem right now IMO is that. Not everyone has access to FP+ and as an alternative "normal" FP is NOT available. What I mean by that is our experience in October (and also mentioned by many others) is that FP for headliners were gone very early in the day AND the times available even early in the morning were for late in the afternoon or evening. In the past we were able to get FP for many rides in the morning, afternoon and even the evening if not a busy time of year. If I had a trip planned during Nov./Dec. busy season and did not have FP+ I would be very concerned unless you don't mind riding SB each day. That is, unless, the purpose of my trip was to see decorations and atmosphere more than rides.
Momtomouselover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:34 AM   #883
rebbyparker
DIS Veteran

I just wish (and I know I'm dreaming) that Disney would put out some kind of PR saying, "from this date to this date, we will be doing this and the rules are..." and "from this date to this date we will be doing this and the rules are...". That's all, I just want to know what's what when I'm going to be there. If I've played by their rules so far and used their technology and customized MB's and made ADR's and Wishes Dessert Party and Sleigh Ride reservations and FP+ selections then I've done my part. I just wish they would do theirs and let me know what the situation is going to be when my trip arrives. Not really a lot to ask?
rebbyparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:41 AM   #884
TLHB70
Let me be known by the Company I keep, eclipsed by YOUR presence that I may decrease
I really like a lot of the music they play out around the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Ultimately I agree. But many many people have thousands of dollars wrapped up in trips in the short term. And it's going to take a while for them to get it right. Some can have a less than magical trip and have the cash to come back next year and try again. Some just don't. Those are the ones I feel for most.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:41 AM   #885
redsbe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtomouselover View Post
The problem right now IMO is that. Not everyone has access to FP+ and as an alternative "normal" FP is NOT available. What I mean by that is our experience in October (and also mentioned by many others) is that FP for headliners were gone very early in the day AND the times available even early in the morning were for late in the afternoon or evening. In the past we were able to get FP for many rides in the morning, afternoon and even the evening if not a busy time of year. If I had a trip planned during Nov./Dec. busy season and did not have FP+ I would be very concerned unless you don't mind riding SB each day. That is, unless, the purpose of my trip was to see decorations and atmosphere more than rides.
As has been discussed many times here early October was a busier then expected time at WDW causing issues with FP gone at few top rides like TSMM soon after RD. Currently during lower crowd period that does not appear to be a problem. I have only been to WDW during moderate crowd periods and even then we were not able to pull 6 to 8 FP- per day and many times for TSMM FP- would still be gone by mid day or pull only very late evening times. Even without FP+ I doubt that anyone going during the holiday season was able to freely pick FP- for the top rides throughout the day or secure 6-8 FP per day. Using RP and getting FP early has (and still will be) required strategy for visting WDW during holidays, even with FP+ in place. And yes you can travel to WDW in November and December and experience low crowds as long as avoid Thanksgiving and Christmas Breaks - that even with FP- have always been a challenge to plan trips for due to high crowd volumes
redsbe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: