Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-10-2013, 02:37 PM   #856
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!
 
AmyB2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,202

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
Just as an fyi, the security guard at IG this morning (and of course take this as you would any CM comment...a lot of what he said he claimed was publicly announced which wasn't true...)that the while system would be done in "2016" and you would need it to do everything...including parking at resorts. They are trying to close all the loopholes.
LOL, someone else a while back posted about a CMs comments at IG.... might this be the same CM??? Hmmmm....
__________________

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:47 PM   #857
ckelly14
Lurker
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 734

Well, it was a security guard that made the previous ludicrous comments..
ckelly14 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-10-2013, 02:49 PM   #858
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!
 
AmyB2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,202

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly14 View Post
Well, it was a security guard that made the previous ludicrous comments..
Yes I remember!! LOL
__________________

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:04 PM   #859
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round
 
elgerber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 14,756

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyB2006 View Post
LOL, someone else a while back posted about a CMs comments at IG.... might this be the same CM??? Hmmmm....
Yep, I'm guessing it's him. I have had the pleasure (NOT) of listening to him.
__________________
Erika
elgerber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:33 PM   #860
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!
 
disneymagicgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 3,952

I realize cm's are often not in-the-know, but that seems reasonable to me. It would keep them from having to man the security gates at resort parking.
__________________
MeDH,DD15,DS6 DS4
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC, 11/15 YC
disneymagicgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:58 PM   #861
tnolan
Mouseketeer
 
tnolan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Michelle View Post
Sorry for the delay, I wanted to verify a couple of things;
(1) the FP+ I canceled is reflected in both apps
(2) the remaining 2 FP+ are still reflected in both apps
(3) play around with the iPad MDE App to see if I can duplicate the functionality - I did not find a way to do so.

From the desktop MDE App I did the following:
(1) Select FastPass+ from the MDE Menu
(2) Scroll to the date of the FP+ I want to cancel - at this point I get a menu screen for the date with four options: Select or Replace, Change, Copy, Cancel
(3) I select Cancel, then "Next"
(I'm not sure how to get a screen shot in here - apologies)

(4) The next screen says "Cancel FastPass+ Selections" with the date for me (I assume it would list others if they were on this trip). Each current FastPass + has a "Select" next to it.

(5) I chose the one I want to cancel by clicking "Select" and "Next."

(6) The next screen shows the FastPass+ I am cancelling - in this case "Living with the Land" with a warning symbol and message that the FastPass+ selection will be canceled. On this screen I clicked "Done."

(7) The app returns me to my Itinerary page for the date of the FastPass+ I have canceled and shows that now I have only two FastPass+ scheduled for that date.

(8) I cancelled a second one and verified on both apps that now for Monday, December 16th I have only one FastPass+ scheduled for Soarin' from 1:50 - 2:50 (so I can hit Soarin' before DVC Member Merry Mixer!).

I hope that all makes sense. I'm disappointed that the iPad App doesn't appear to give me the same flexibility, but glad to know that the functionality is coded into the MDE software meaning it could find its way to the iPad App in a matter of time. Hey, I'm an optimist.
Aunt Michelle, thank you so much for the solution to a problem I have had for weeks! I was able to release FP+s for Test Track and Mission Space, so if anyone wanted them and was unable to get them, hurry up now and see if the ones I released went back into the pool of available FP+s!
__________________



~Thanks to ArielRae for above characters!~
tnolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 05:07 PM   #862
mikek
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NJ
Posts: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArwenMarie View Post
I like the concept, am 50/50 on the details, and hate the system.

Concept: I like the concept because I don't like having to be there for rope drop.
...
System: I hate hate hate the system. All I want is one screen per park per day, where I can see the rides I picked and all of the times available and then just pick the three times I want.

The ghosts in the system are also making the app useless to me as far as keeping track of where I am supposed to be each hour.
couldn't have said it better myself.
mikek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 05:17 PM   #863
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran
 
Angel Ariel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 4,372

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisblue
It would be interesting to separate out the complaints about the CONCEPT of FP +, the DETAILS of how it is being implemented ( number of FP available, tiering, ability to make FP+ reservations in more than one park,etc.)' and the SYSTEM for making reservations.

I suspect that people who don't like the concept are more likely to be unhappy with the system, whereas, people who are happy with the concept are more likely to be tolerant of the system.
Concept: the concept of fp+ is really interesting. The idea of being able to prebook your fps is a good one overall.

Details: I think 60 days is way too far out. I don't like having to be that planned out that far in advance. A week or even just the night before would be better, imo. 3fps are enough for hs, epcot and ak, but not for mk. Also not being able.to use them for the same attraction is a downside.

System: I have very little faith in the infrastructure of this system. Disney seems unable or unwilling to design streamlined, easy to.navigate.interfaces for their customers. The WiFi in the parks is horrible. The app barely functions. These are all.critical to the success of mm+ as a whole, and yet little progress seems to be being made here.
__________________
~Angel Ariel

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009, April 2010 (F&W Festival!),
April 2011


WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (Yacht Club, F&W adults only trip!)
Angel Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:19 PM   #864
WILDERNESS FAN 55
CANNOT GET ENOUGH
 
WILDERNESS FAN 55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 866

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Ariel View Post
Concept: the concept of fp+ is really interesting. The idea of being able to prebook your fps is a good one overall.

Details: I think 60 days is way too far out. I don't like having to be that planned out that far in advance. A week or even just the night before would be better, imo. 3fps are enough for hs, epcot and ak, but not for mk. Also not being able.to use them for the same attraction is a downside.

System: I have very little faith in the infrastructure of this system. Disney seems unable or unwilling to design streamlined, easy to.navigate.interfaces for their customers. The WiFi in the parks is horrible. The app barely functions. These are all.critical to the success of mm+ as a whole, and yet little progress seems to be being made here.
I think 60 days is ok but I do agree you are spot on for the quantity at each park. MK needs at least one more. I understand not being able to use for same attraction , that seems to be the point of all this to spread people out more !
I have complete faith they will pull this all together at some point. After all not so long ago they came up with this wacky idea for something called "fastpass" and that ended up working out pretty well !
By the way , my app works perfectly.
__________________
We're not the only people on this Island and we all know it!

Off site 72-76-76-77-78(MM 50th b-day) 79-81-82-85-86 FW-84-86-88-90-90-91-92-95-96
Poly 87 GF 88 CR 90 CBR 91-06-10
Disney Inn 93 ASM 95-96-02 CS 98
POFQ 97 DIXIE Landing 00 POR 07-08 WL-11
DL-Honeymoon-77 03 OKW -13 BLT-13 BWV-13
Trips planned 2015 WDW 2016 Aulani 2017 WDW XMAS
WILDERNESS FAN 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:59 PM   #865
J and R's mom
DIS Veteran
 
J and R's mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,444

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisblue View Post
The last thing I would worry about is getting FPs you don't want....
Worry? I doubt this registers as a "worry" to most of us. It's just an area WDW can improve upon in this "TEST" phase.


THANK YOU Aunt Michelle for providing us with some insight on how to cancel unwanted FPs. This was a very HELPFUL post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Michelle View Post
Sorry for the delay, I wanted to verify a couple of things;
(1) the FP+ I canceled is reflected in both apps
(2) the remaining 2 FP+ are still reflected in both apps
(3) play around with the iPad MDE App to see if I can duplicate the functionality - I did not find a way to do so.

From the desktop MDE App I did the following:
(1) Select FastPass+ from the MDE Menu
(2) Scroll to the date of the FP+ I want to cancel - at this point I get a menu screen for the date with four options: Select or Replace, Change, Copy, Cancel
(3) I select Cancel, then "Next"
(I'm not sure how to get a screen shot in here - apologies)

(4) The next screen says "Cancel FastPass+ Selections" with the date for me (I assume it would list others if they were on this trip). Each current FastPass + has a "Select" next to it.

(5) I chose the one I want to cancel by clicking "Select" and "Next."

(6) The next screen shows the FastPass+ I am cancelling - in this case "Living with the Land" with a warning symbol and message that the FastPass+ selection will be canceled. On this screen I clicked "Done."

(7) The app returns me to my Itinerary page for the date of the FastPass+ I have canceled and shows that now I have only two FastPass+ scheduled for that date.

(8) I cancelled a second one and verified on both apps that now for Monday, December 16th I have only one FastPass+ scheduled for Soarin' from 1:50 - 2:50 (so I can hit Soarin' before DVC Member Merry Mixer!).

I hope that all makes sense. I'm disappointed that the iPad App doesn't appear to give me the same flexibility, but glad to know that the functionality is coded into the MDE software meaning it could find its way to the iPad App in a matter of time. Hey, I'm an optimist.
__________________
Next stop: BWV APRIL 2015


Places we've stayed (19 trips and counting): DTD Villas(1984); CR(1991);MARRIED and HONEYMOONED at the BWI (1999) ; Offsite(2000); GF(2000); WL/VWL(2001, 2002, 2009); BCV(2005, 2011, 2012); BWV(2006--3x, 2007); BLT(2010, 2014); AKV(2013--2x)
Husband and Wife Get-A-Way (2006) Read about it and see PICTURES of it HERE
J and R's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:17 AM   #866
wishesUT
Mouseketeer
 
wishesUT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 251

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
This is intriguing. I would like to explore that too.

For me:

Concept: love the idea of being able to schedule fastpasses for the times I want. Dislike the idea of booking rides weeks in advance. I really like the magicband technology and the upcoming interactive elements of rides - pandora could be very cool using the technology.

Frustrated Disney had the opportunity to improve the fastpass legacy system by making it more fan friendly by allowing us to use it the same way as before - pull one fastpass every two hours via a phone and save the running through the parks and pick your time. But instead Disney decided to capitalize on the fastpass as a marketing tool.

Details: no hopping, no repeats, tiers, three limit bad. Booking headliners in the evening and having reserved seating for wishes, skipping the enchanted taes with belle line good.

System: I find the itinerary section of the app and the maps to be amazingly good. Managing friends and family, booking FP+ very klunky. Making dinner reservations - pretty easy.

Everyone in my travel group came back aglow with the new system two weeks ago. I took care of all the bookings, reservations, and planning. They showed up, enjoyed themselves and loved everything about magicbands and fastpass+. I on the other had spent hours messing with the stupid app, on the phone with tech support, dealing with CM at my resort trying to fix everything. I was exhausted. And I am well schooled. I don't want to do it again.

If it is just my wife and I fine, but big groups are on their own, and I am not sure my group would have liked any of it if they were forced to deal with it.

So I think there might be something else at play more than just attitude. Complexity of trip might play a role in it.
I loved your summary of the system. We leave on Wednesday and I've been the planner for our group of 18. I think everyone but me will love it, because they get to just show up and experience the "magic." I, on the other hand, have spent many very un-magical hours trying to get everyone's fastpass reservations in order at approximately the same time so that we can truly enjoy a family vacation. I thought it was hard getting dining reservations for 18 people, but that pales in comparison to jumping through all the Fastpluss+ hoops.
__________________
Me DH DS 9 DS 7 DS 4 DS 2

Many childhood visits to Disneyland. Port Orleans 1993 & 1995, Dixie Landings 1997, Yacht and Beach Club in 2002, Off Property 2004, Disneyland 2006, Christmas at Disneyland 2007, Polynesian in 2007, Caribbean Beach in 2008, Pop Century 2009, POFQ 2011, POFQ November 2013
wishesUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #867
rebbyparker
DIS Veteran
 
rebbyparker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 854

Quote:
Disney tried to do too much at once. They should have made the switch from KTTW cards to magic bands FIRST. Once those functioned properly, then they should have added the photo pass capabilities to the bands. Once that worked, then they should have implemented the FPP idea. They are trying to do too much at once, and everyone is confused about everything now.
THIS is exactly what I've been saying. The MB's should have been rolled out, tested and then as they started to perform the way they should, only THEN should additional details have been added, rolled out and tested, etc. For Disney to throw all the changes out there at once, then expect people to try to navigate through them with faulty IT, both onsite, on app and on the phone, is just ridiculous. Especially for a company that is supposed to define "customer service". Calling Disney this morning, the first wait time was 37 minutes. The second wait time (I'm at work) was some unintelligible language without any number minutes. Onsite chat gets you the message that the CM's are making magic with another customer and emails go mostly unanswered. And I wouldn't have to waste my time if their inept MDE would quit losing FP+ reservations! And this is the SECOND time! They basically just threw HUGE changes out there and keep making changes as they see fit. I don't have a problem with MB's, or FP+ or FP-, I will work around them. I'm just a little disgruntled that I'm not feeling the Disney love right now. Ok, done.
rebbyparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #868
WILDERNESS FAN 55
CANNOT GET ENOUGH
 
WILDERNESS FAN 55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 866

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebbyparker View Post
THIS is exactly what I've been saying. The MB's should have been rolled out, tested and then as they started to perform the way they should, only THEN should additional details have been added, rolled out and tested, etc. For Disney to throw all the changes out there at once, then expect people to try to navigate through them with faulty IT, both onsite, on app and on the phone, is just ridiculous. Especially for a company that is supposed to define "customer service". Calling Disney this morning, the first wait time was 37 minutes. The second wait time (I'm at work) was some unintelligible language without any number minutes. Onsite chat gets you the message that the CM's are making magic with another customer and emails go mostly unanswered. And I wouldn't have to waste my time if their inept MDE would quit losing FP+ reservations! And this is the SECOND time! They basically just threw HUGE changes out there and keep making changes as they see fit. I don't have a problem with MB's, or FP+ or FP-, I will work around them. I'm just a little disgruntled that I'm not feeling the Disney love right now. Ok, done.
Magic Bands are really same technology as KTTW card. Just in a wrist band instead of your wallet. Opens door , charges to your account and gets you into park. FP+ is new part.
__________________
We're not the only people on this Island and we all know it!

Off site 72-76-76-77-78(MM 50th b-day) 79-81-82-85-86 FW-84-86-88-90-90-91-92-95-96
Poly 87 GF 88 CR 90 CBR 91-06-10
Disney Inn 93 ASM 95-96-02 CS 98
POFQ 97 DIXIE Landing 00 POR 07-08 WL-11
DL-Honeymoon-77 03 OKW -13 BLT-13 BWV-13
Trips planned 2015 WDW 2016 Aulani 2017 WDW XMAS
WILDERNESS FAN 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:01 PM   #869
rebbyparker
DIS Veteran
 
rebbyparker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 854

Quote:
Magic Bands are really same technology as KTTW card. Just in a wrist band instead of your wallet. Opens door , charges to your account and gets you into park. FP+ is new part.
Agreed, however, people are STILL reporting problems/issues/glitches with the MB's. Those should have been perfected before throwing any other new changes into the mix. I could deal with MB problems, if that was it. I could deal with FP+/MDE issues, if that was it. I could deal with tiered FP+ issues, if that was it. Throwing all these changes at people with less than stellar IT/CM's, again, is ridiculous.

And I'm really not complaining, I managed to get everything I needed done. Except MDE is having a problem holding onto my daughter's FP+. They fixed it this morning, I'm good (as long as I don't have to do this AGAIN). Just feeling disgruntled at what I've had to go through for this upcoming trip. I planned a trip last year for 18 people with the DDP for 7 days and didn't have this many problems.
rebbyparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:17 PM   #870
mikek
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NJ
Posts: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDERNESS FAN 55 View Post
Magic Bands are really same technology as KTTW card. Just in a wrist band instead of your wallet. Opens door , charges to your account and gets you into park. FP+ is new part.
well sort of. It's the same technology as current KTTW cards which have NFC/RFID but not the same as the old KTTW cards which had magnetic stripe.

Also, I'm not sure they didn't change the back end system as the new KTTW/MB's can do things that the old ones couldn't like link to annual passes.

So that all should have been tested to death first.

and even being the same technology doesn't mean they dont need testing. When HDMI for tv's came out there were all different incompatibilities between certain bits of hardware. Bluetooth has been around for years now, yet it's still a crapshoot pairing a new cell phone to a new car.

sounds like somehow, something may be different between the KTTW cards and MB's. It's not giant widespread but there's more than a couple posts here about MB's not working and people using KTTW cards instead.
mikek is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.