Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2013, 12:56 AM   #811
J and R's mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissMagic View Post
...Surely, I'm the only person griping about having to take too many FP+ reservations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicbob View Post
Not the only one, but you're definitely in the minority.
I'll join your minority. Having to book three FPs+ when I only want one or two is frustrating...and wasteful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
You can cancel what you don't want and keep one or two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnolan View Post
How exactly did you get it to cancel at least one of the FP+s? All I can get is modify experience or modify time.
Add me to this list as well. I'd like to know how to do this.

Places we've stayed (18 trips and counting): DTD Villas(1984); CR(1991); GF(2000); WL/VWL(2001, 2002, 2009); BCV(2005, 2011, 2012); BWV(2006--3x, 2007); BLT(2010, 2014); AKV(2013--2x), MARRIED and HONEYMOONED at the BWI (1999)
Husband and Wife Get-A-Way (2006) Read about it and see PICTURES of it HERE

Last edited by J and R's mom; 11-10-2013 at 12:58 AM. Reason: How many "as well"s does one post need?
J and R's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:04 AM   #812
bcrook
DIS Veteran

I wonder what the motivation was to force three on the customer to begin with?

The software makes you take three and then for the most part requires all times to be changed in a complicated way.

Maybe the three are designed to keep people committed to a park day and to highlight the minor attractions?

If I only wanted one ride fastpass+, I think I would use mine for fireworks and parades or a meet and greet. Eventually you will be able to prebook counter service meals with it.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities

Last edited by bcrook; 11-10-2013 at 08:21 AM.
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2013, 08:10 AM   #813
Tekneek
Mouseketeer

This change is particularly dumb for Epcot. There is almost nothing in the second group that requires an FP+ reservation, outside of special circumstances.
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:17 AM   #814
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post

Maybe the three are designed to keep people committed to a park day and to highlight the minor attractions?
I really can't imagine it being anything other than this. I think the whole point is that down time between attractions for shopping and eating.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:17 AM   #815
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

I think it's a marketing thing, they want you to pick three so it looks like there is so much to do.
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:30 AM   #816
wisblue
DIS Veteran

The last thing I would worry about is getting FPs you don't want. If you don't want them, don't use them.

I'm sure Disney expects that there will be a certain number of no shows, just like there were people who didn't use paper FPs they had pulled, and overbooks accordingly. Rather than feeling like you are "wasting" a FP someone else may want, just look at it like you may be, but probably aren't, making a spot available for someone in the standby line.

Despite the inclination so many posters have for assuming that the current system reflects how things will look in the end, THIS IS A TEST. Disney may be requiring testers to take 3 FPs to see what percentage of them they will use. If those extra FPs are for attractions that don't have paper FP now, and which don't run out of FP+, there is no impact on anyone if they aren't used. Maybe as they develop the final system, they won't assign extra FPs for guests who don't take their full allotment. Why worry about it now?
wisblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:46 AM   #817
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisblue View Post
The last thing I would worry about is getting FPs you don't want. If you don't want them, don't use them.

I'm sure Disney expects that there will be a certain number of no shows, just like there were people who didn't use paper FPs they had pulled, and overbooks accordingly. Rather than feeling like you are "wasting" a FP someone else may want, just look at it like you may be, but probably aren't, making a spot available for someone in the standby line.

Despite the inclination so many posters have for assuming that the current system reflects how things will look in the end, THIS IS A TEST. Disney may be requiring testers to take 3 FPs to see what percentage of them they will use. If those extra FPs are for attractions that don't have paper FP now, and which don't run out of FP+, there is no impact on anyone if they aren't used. Maybe as they develop the final system, they won't assign extra FPs for guests who don't take their full allotment. Why worry about it now?
Right now it is a good test to see how clunky their software is. I hope they are getting a LOT of feedback about that. Changing times for rides is ridiculously convoluted system.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:50 AM   #818
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

How far in advance can you book your FP+ reservations?

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:02 AM   #819
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook

Right now it is a good test to see how clunky their software is. I hope they are getting a LOT of feedback about that. Changing times for rides is ridiculously convoluted system.
This. I get that its a test and things change. What I don't get is why the software forces guests to have to choose 3, and why it makes it so difficult to change or cancel existing fp+s.

To me, the clunky design for choosing fp+s is just a reflection of the clunky website and clunky app. Disney doesn't seem able to design streamlined, easy to navigate web programs. That is a major concern of mine, given the scope of this system.

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009, April 2010 (F&W Festival!),
April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (Yacht Club, F&W adults only trip!)
Angel Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:08 AM   #820
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

Quote:
I wonder what the motivation was to force three on the customer to begin with?
Personally I think it's so they can see what the full capactiy looks like. Meaning, if they force three on everyone now during testing, it's the only way they can control the numbers for now. Maybe in the future you will be able to choose only 1 or 2. Who knows.

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:09 AM   #821
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

Quote:
I had no problems changing times on rides several times throughout the day. Even for TT and Soarin'.

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:12 AM   #822
WillAustin
FP+ Complainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyB2006 View Post
I had no problems changing times on rides several times throughout the day. Even for TT and Soarin'.
It's still a clunky process that takes too many steps. The software interface and flow is very poorly designed.
WillAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:12 AM   #823
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyB2006

And many people have said the exact opposite on this board as well...both experieneces are valid.

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009, April 2010 (F&W Festival!),
April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (Yacht Club, F&W adults only trip!)
Angel Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:16 AM   #824
wisblue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Ariel View Post

This. I get that its a test and things change. What I don't get is why the software forces guests to have to choose 3, and why it makes it so difficult to change or cancel existing fp+s.

To me, the clunky design for choosing fp+s is just a reflection of the clunky website and clunky app. Disney doesn't seem able to design streamlined, easy to navigate web programs. That is a major concern of mine, given the scope of this system.
I think part of the inefficiency is a result of trying to avoid making the FP+ too intimidating for people who know nothing or very little about what attractions to choose and how the parks are laid out. So, they offer the options as a path of least resistance to those who would be clueless, or who don't really care that much. For those who know what attractions and times they would like, the site is not as efficient as we would like it to be. But, even then, it doesn't take that long to pick attractions and change the times to fit our schedule. Hopefully, it will get more efficient for informed users in the future.
wisblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:17 AM   #825
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyB2006 View Post
If I want great movie ride, TSMM, ToT at 10, 11, 12. I can't schedule that.

I have to accept whatever they give me. Move them all to 7, 8, 9 and then move them to 10, 11, 12 in the order I want. That is silly design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillAustin View Post
It's still a clunky process that takes too many steps. The software interface and flow is very poorly designed.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: