Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-01-2013, 08:29 AM   #31
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!
 
AmyB2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,010

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferdave View Post
That's no "glitch", it's too specific a structure in the database interface. The best to hope for is it's something they're testing and may not keep, or something they built and don't intend to use but it accidentally got into production. It's kinda like if Germany had a detailed plan to invade France that they had decided wasn't worth it, and then accidentally left it out on the table when they came over for a summit.
I agree, now that I see what they did. That is definitely not going to be welcomed. Kenny's site says it's part of some "holiday testing"?? So during the busier times they're going to limit the headliner rides?

Notice in my options in my screenshots, Soarin' isn't even there.
__________________

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:30 AM   #32
mommy4
DIS Veteran
 
mommy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 857

I understand they are still in testing, but really this is going overboard!! So now, if you want to ride the bigger rides, you have to choose 1! Unbelievable! What happens to the fastpass+ I already made? Are they still there?
I went ahead and booked a MSEP and then one of my fastpass+ disappeared! Is it still there??
I'm getting more than fed up with this!
__________________
me DH DS(13) DS(10) DS(9) DD(7): baby DD(2)

mommy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-01-2013, 08:31 AM   #33
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!
 
AmyB2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post
Those dates aren't correct. The screen shot above is from November 13th. Also the FP+ I booked for a friend at Epcot for tonight have been changed. She no longer has Soarin and Test Track, just Maelstrom. I hope that part is a glitch.
And my screen shot was from November 6th.
__________________

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:31 AM   #34
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran
 
ArwenMarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,063

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgerber View Post
I have yet to voice any opinions on FP+ at all, as I won't be using it for a year, and I want to see how it all shakes out. But this really irks me! I surely hope this doesn't turn out to be the way they keep it!
I've been trying to be objective too (I actually see lots of benefits for how we tour as a family, but I understand that is not that case for everyone).

But this would really take the cake being that Epcot has so little in terms of rides anyway. Might as well just make Epcot 1 FP a day.
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:32 AM   #35
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Jersey
Posts: 1,641

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgerber View Post
I have yet to voice any opinions on FP+ at all, as I won't be using it for a year, and I want to see how it all shakes out. But this really irks me! I surely hope this doesn't turn out to be the way they keep it!
I won't mind it if that is just the limitation for prebooking and you will still be able to pull FPs day of (either electronically or with paper), but if you can't get FPs for more than one headliner at all that will be ridiculous. I hope it all shakes out soon.
__________________
Sheilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:32 AM   #36
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!
 
AmyB2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy4 View Post
I understand they are still in testing, but really this is going overboard!! So now, if you want to ride the bigger rides, you have to choose 1! Unbelievable! What happens to the fastpass+ I already made? Are they still there?
I went ahead and booked a MSEP and then one of my fastpass+ disappeared! Is it still there??
I'm getting more than fed up with this!
Well MSEP is one of your FPs, so if you had three picked and you replaced it with MSEP, then one of your other ones would disappear.
__________________

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:32 AM   #37
TLHB70
Let me be known by the Company I keep, eclipsed by YOUR presence that I may decrease
I really like a lot of the music they play out around the park
 
TLHB70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,862

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeauxe View Post
All three of my FP+ are in that first group (12/9). Guess I won't be changing them.
Same with me.
__________________
TLHB70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:33 AM   #38
Tarheel Mom
Mouseketeer
 
Tarheel Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 373

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeauxe View Post
All three of my FP+ are in that first group (12/9). Guess I won't be changing them.
I'm right there with ya ~ looks like I'm done "tweaking" my FP+
__________________
Me DH DS20 DS17 DD6 (our 2007 Disney souvenir)
12/27/02 - 1/1/03 Off Site - Davenport, FL
1/12/07 - 1/19/07 Off Site - Kissimmee, FL
11/18/11 - 11/26/11 Off Site - Kissimmee, FL
11/20/13 - 11/30/13 - POR/Royal Guest Room
9/25/14 - 10/4/14 - Coronado Springs


Tarheel Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:34 AM   #39
mommy4
DIS Veteran
 
mommy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 857

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyB2006 View Post
Well MSEP is one of your FPs, so if you had three picked and you replaced it with MSEP, then one of your other ones would disappear.
No, I meant to say that I replaced one of my others for MSEP and then one of my other 2 disappeared! It's gone!
__________________
me DH DS(13) DS(10) DS(9) DD(7): baby DD(2)

mommy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:35 AM   #40
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!
 
AmyB2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy4 View Post
No, I meant to say that I replaced one of my others for MSEP and then one of my other 2 disappeared! It's gone!
Oooooh.. That is weird. You can't reschedule it back in there?
__________________

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:36 AM   #41
TLHB70
Let me be known by the Company I keep, eclipsed by YOUR presence that I may decrease
I really like a lot of the music they play out around the park
 
TLHB70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,862

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel Mom View Post
I'm right there with ya ~ looks like I'm done "tweaking" my FP+
Yep, me too.
__________________
TLHB70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:36 AM   #42
shannon006
DIS Veteran
 
shannon006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 727

Having used FP+ without these rules it was ok. However if this were affecting my WDW trip you know I would be calling, emailing and snail mailing my complaints. That is awful to have to choose between TT or Soarin

What about the many people who stay are there for only 4 days, they will only get to pick one and stand in line for 3 hours during Christmas time. Not very magical

Our DS & DIL will be there 12/20-30. They will NOT be happy about this
__________________
Offsite 1995,,2000,2002,2009, CBR 1995, CR 1995,ASMO 1998,AKL 2010, POP 1/12, POP 5/12 POP 9/13 AKV 1/14 CSR 12/14
shannon006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:36 AM   #43
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 28,728

Hmmmm........Ride rationing. Lovely. Disney's answer to having too few rides in the park. We're not huge Epcot fans to begin with. If it rolls out like this when we go, I'd probably skip Epcot entirely.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:36 AM   #44
curemyreed
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: A vacation away
Posts: 698

Question How do I screenshoot?

Kenny the Pirate suggests if you already have FP+ picks that you screenshoot them. I regret that I am just a simple caveman (any SNL fans out there?) and do not know what this means or how to do it. I think it involves my phone. Do I need to download an app to my phone first? Would I do a different screenshot for each individual day? I have done everything on MDE on my laptop. If you reply, please explain as if to a child as I am NOT tech savvy.

Thanks, everybody.
curemyreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:38 AM   #45
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!
 
AmyB2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,010

Quote:
Originally Posted by curemyreed View Post
Kenny the Pirate suggests if you already have FP+ picks that you screenshoot them. I regret that I am just a simple caveman (any SNL fans out there?) and do not know what this means or how to do it. I think it involves my phone. Do I need to download an app to my phone first? Would I do a different screenshot for each individual day? I have done everything on MDE on my laptop. If you reply, please explain as if to a child as I am NOT tech savvy.

Thanks, everybody.
If you have an apple ipad or iphone, just press both buttons at the same time. I forget how to do it on the apple desktop.

ETA... Although, I don't think it will do a lot of good.
__________________

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.