Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2013, 11:30 AM   #271
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post
I think the person was saying that the new FP+ has been downgraded for everyone, you used to be able to get 3 headliners at Epcot and now you can't.
I think you're right. At first it seemed like they were referring to FP+ as a whole. But whichever.

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:30 AM   #272
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

I see this maybe as forcing longer trips. You can't just do Epcot in one day if you want to do the headliners, so you would do one longer trip rather than two shorter trips.

It may be that the restriction will result in more "day of" FP+ so you could still possibly do both if you get to the kiosk early enough, just like pulling a FP-.

Overall, I think a lot of these restrictions are coming from the fact that many of "us" have learned how to use every system to our advantage. Somebody at Disney has decided that they need to even the playing field.

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2013, 11:31 AM   #273
robpa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouMickey View Post
Still even it just being once an attraction, relatively cheap. Only if my family were into anything at universal.. My girls are full blown princesses and Mickey.. maybe when they are older..
Once they discover the joys of thrill rides they will want to go to Universal
robpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:32 AM   #274
PrettyFlower2
Mouseketeer

Sunshine and rainbows. Can't wait for June. This is fabulous.

Eating Vegetarian in WDW

Dana
PrettyFlower2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:32 AM   #275
Groomer Gal
Mouseketeer

Have there been any reports yet of Disney changing your choices if you have already made your FP+ choices???
I was going to tweek a few things but now I'm afraid it will change everything.
Groomer Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:33 AM   #276
andyman8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyFlower2 View Post
Sunshine and rainbows. Can't wait for June. This is fabulous.
Blue skies and sunshine guaranteed!
Walt Disney World Resort: June 2014 (GF), March 2014 (Day-Trip), January 2014 (Pop[/COLOR], AoA, & Half-Marathon), November 2013 (YC & W&D Half-Marathon), October 2013 (GF), June 2013 (Polynesian), January 2013 (POR & Half-Marathon) December 2012 (Rosen Shingle Creek), July 2012 (GF), June 2011 (CR), March 2011 (Day-Trip), July 2004 (GF), April 2004 (FW), December 2003 (DoubleTree & MVMCP), October 2003 (DoubleTree & MNSSHP), August 2003 (DoubleTree), June 2003 (WL), February 2003 (Embassy Suites) January 2003 (DoubleTree), September 2002 (AKL), July 2002 (DoubleTree), March 2002 (DoubleTree), January 2002 (CR), November 2001 (DoubleTree), May 2001 (DoubleTree), February 2001 (DoubleTree), January 2001 (DoubleTree), April 2000 (DoubleTree), February 1998 (Quality Inn & Suites)

Universal Orlando Resort: October 2012 (RPR), September 2011 (HRH), July 2010 (RPR), March 2010 (RPR), February 2010 (Day-Trip), September 2009 (HRH), January 2008 (HRH), June 2006 (PBH)

Disneyland Resort: August 2012 (Day-Trip), August 2009 (Day-Trip)

Upcoming: Disneyland July 2014 (GCH), Walt Disney World October 2013 (Dolphin & ToT 10-Miler)

Member of the PeopleMover Appreciation Society, Official MyMagic+ Info & FAQ Thread, and Printable Theme Park Maps
andyman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:33 AM   #277
BayouMickey
Green Grinning Gators Come Out To Socialize

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpa View Post
My youngest (10) is starting to hint.. this year she wants to do all the mountains.. But I'm not going to push her. my oldest (13) still has no interest.. younger one has been attempting to bribe her on to splash lol.
BayouMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:33 AM   #278
curemyreed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-dad66 View Post
Exactly. During the testing periods in 2012, the attractions at all four parks were "tiered" like this.

Adding my thanks to the OP and to Kenny the Pirate for the Heads Up. I sure won't be messing with making any changes to our Soarin and TT FP+s for our November trip...
I can confirm that when we tested FP+ in December, 2012, the attractions were "tiered" like this at MK.
curemyreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:35 AM   #279
MickeyOCD
Mouseketeer

We go for more than thrill rides, we go for the whole experience. And nobody does it like Disney. That being said, I will not wait 2 hrs in a line for a ride, no amount of theming makes that tolerable. And we pay A LOT of $$ to come to Disney, and to be restricted to 1 headliner FP is ridiculous. Don't know how they can justify it.

1st cruise Sept 12, 2009; Last Call for Tortola
DVC members since 1998
Linda ; Ron ; Hanna (8) ; and Matthew (5)
MickeyOCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:35 AM   #280
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpa View Post
Bingo. I think a lot of the big supporters of this change have younger kids. I want them to talk to me when they have teenagers. My daughter just turned 13 and finally hit the "thrill ride junkie" stage on our last trip. We're doing DLR this year, and plan to ride California Screamin until our heads want to explode!
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:35 AM   #281
jannylynn
Mouseketeer

Sheesh, if my children were still 4 & 6, I probably wouldn't care so much about Soarin' and TT either.

I have a family that loves those rides and wants to ride more than once. Fortunately, I booked FP+ for Epcot a few weeks ago. But still, I feel bad for those that missed that window.

It is a downgrade even if you wouldn't take advantage!

All Star Music, Family Suite, Dec. 2013!
jannylynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:37 AM   #282
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelaF View Post

(Am I the only one who thinks that both Soarin and TT are overrated?)

On topic, this is a definite bummer, no matter which rides are included. It won't ruin my trips, but just a bummer if it continues.
I think Soarin and Test Track are fun rides, but they are only so crazy busy because Epcot doesn't have a lot of other rides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferdave View Post
*snort* I noticed that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyB2006 View Post
I think you're right. At first it seemed like they were referring to FP+ as a whole. But whichever.
Oh I definitely think FP+ as a whole is plus, but only as long as I can still pull other FPs. I love knowing I will get on TSMM without a morning run. Provided my band works that is and my MDE doesn't explode.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:38 AM   #283
bauer1168
DIS Veteran

God I hope they don't make me have to choose between a Stitch and Tiki Room FP
bauer1168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:38 AM   #284
BayouMickey
Green Grinning Gators Come Out To Socialize

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Bingo. I think a lot of the big supporters of this change have younger kids. I want them to talk to me when they have teenagers. My daughter just turned 13 and finally hit the "thrill ride junkie" stage on our last trip. We're doing DLR this year, and plan to ride California Screamin until our heads want to explode!
I'm neither a supporter or an opposition, I'm a wait and see. lol
Well my 13 yo is still a chicken.. I suspect it to be because her dearly departed mother tricked her onto ToT when she was 8 and she came off white as a ghost.. the 10 yo on the other hand is showing a little more bravery.
BayouMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:39 AM   #285
robpa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
I see this maybe as forcing longer trips. You can't just do Epcot in one day if you want to do the headliners, so you would do one longer trip rather than two shorter trips.

It may be that the restriction will result in more "day of" FP+ so you could still possibly do both if you get to the kiosk early enough, just like pulling a FP-.

Overall, I think a lot of these restrictions are coming from the fact that many of "us" have learned how to use every system to our advantage. Somebody at Disney has decided that they need to even the playing field.

I don't believe that Disney has any interest in leveling the playing field. This is about increasing their bottom line,which is why they are in business. Its the same reason companies take their operations overseas,less operating expenses means more money in their pockets. Not saying this is going to decrease their operating expenses no one knows, but they aren't doing this to give everyone a fair shake. Plus I don't feel the fastpass aspect of this is even overly important to the plan. Its an add on to either try and pacify the customer or mask the real purpose.
robpa is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: