Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2013, 10:45 AM   #226
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post
Wow, that blows for them. Instead of heading to attractions they have to head to a FP+ kiosk and make reservations for the day. Ouch.
Yeah, big time ouch.

Last edited by mom2rtk; 11-01-2013 at 10:51 AM.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:46 AM   #227
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylevan View Post
I swear there are people on this board who think Disney could do no wrong...ever.
As are the same amount of people jumping to conclusions and getting themselves so worked up they're ready to cancel everything and forget Disney for a while. It goes both ways. LOL

I'm not saying Disney can do no wrong, but I'm also willing to wait the testing process out while being a part of it at the same time before I make up my mind.

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2013, 10:46 AM   #228
robpa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisblue View Post
People who are touting Universal's FOTL pass for guests at their hotels as the best way to do things should think that guests at Deluxe resorts getting more than guests at value resorts is just fine. Pay more, get more.
I can see them doing that but isn't that kind of elitist? More for the haves and less for the have nots. That is especially troubling considering every one had the same chance to pull fastpasses under the old system. Sure some got more than others because they learned how to use the system to their advantage, but everyone had the same ability to do just that.
robpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:47 AM   #229
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Wow, that blows for them. Instead of heading to attractions they have to head to a FP+ kiosk and make reservations for the day. Ouch.
Imagine the long lines if other offsite visitors are worked into this day-of FP+ system. Ugh.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:48 AM   #230
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

So, how long until Disney requires a credit card hold on FP+ reservations? You know, just like they do for ADRs.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:50 AM   #231
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyman8 View Post
it doesn't change the fact that this is a downgrade for everyone.
It is NOT a downgrade for everyone. Just because it is for you doesn't mean it is for me. And just because I think it's an upgrade for me doesn't mean it is for you.

I LOVED our FP+ experience this last week. I got to ride TSM for the first time in 5 years. Go me!

Old 11-01-2013, 10:51 AM   #232
BayouMickey
Green Grinning Gators Come Out To Socialize

Quote:
So, how long until Disney requires a credit card hold on FP+ reservations? You know, just like they do for ADRs.
I don't think that'll happen IF they stick to a 3 FP+ per day scenario. Problem with ADR's is you can make as many as you want and not show up (well not anymore)..
If there's a 3 limit that's a high commodity.
BayouMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:52 AM   #233
Planogirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyB2006 View Post
It is NOT a downgrade for everyone. Just because it is for you doesn't mean it is for me. And just because I think it's an upgrade for me doesn't mean it is for you.

I LOVED our FP+ experience this last week. I got to ride TSM for the first time in 5 years. Go me!
You don't think that only having access to one headliner via FP+ isn't a downgrade? I admire your positive attitude.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:52 AM   #234
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

Quote:
People who are touting Universal's FOTL pass for guests at their hotels as the best way to do things should think that guests at Deluxe resorts getting more than guests at value resorts is just fine. Pay more, get more.

And doesn't Universal's express pass give you FOTL access to each ride only once?? At least that's the way it was at HHN. I don't know.

Old 11-01-2013, 10:54 AM   #235
Planogirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyB2006 View Post

And doesn't Universal's express pass give you FOTL access to each ride only once?? At least that's the way it was at HHN. I don't know.
Universal offers two Express passes to offsite people. One allows one ride and one allows unlimited rides. Of course onsite visitors get the unlimited passes as part of their hotel stay.

The HHN passes only allow access to each attraction once. Considering the crowds, that's probably wise.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:59 AM   #236
KittyKat1978
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouMickey View Post
I don't think that'll happen IF they stick to a 3 FP+ per day scenario. Problem with ADR's is you can make as many as you want and not show up (well not anymore)..
If there's a 3 limit that's a high commodity.
I thought I read somewhere that they postponed the CC hold for all ADR reservations?

Let me see if I can find it.....

Nope, can't find it. I was sure I read it somewhere though.

DL - Hojo's Mar 86/ PPH Feb 12/ Hojo's May 12/ BWPPI Oct 12/ DLH Dec 12/ DLH Feb 13/ FFI Oct 14

DCL - Sept 13 Wonder to Alaska

Last edited by KittyKat1978; 11-01-2013 at 11:05 AM.
KittyKat1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:59 AM   #237
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
You don't think that only having access to one headliner via FP+ isn't a downgrade? I admire your positive attitude.
Well I said earlier in the thread, but I don't blame you for not reading all 15 or 16 pages so far, that this new addition kind of stinks. I'm not all rainbows and kittens in spite of what some of you like to think. Of course booking only one headliner instead of 2 or 3 isn't an upgrade.

BUT... the system as a whole, FOR ME, is an upgrade, so far. But I can see where it's not for everyone. See... I can look at the whole picture

But I just have to roll my eyes when I see statements like "This whole thing is a downgrade for everyone". It's just not. But I do get why people are upset.

Old 11-01-2013, 10:59 AM   #238
PrincessJo
Mouseketeer

I'm so confused after reading this thread.

This morning, about 2 hours ago I booked my fastpasses for Jan. 1 and was able to schedule Soarin' and Test Track. I checked 'my reservations' and they are still there.

Why was I able to book both but not everyone can? I'm sorry if it's in this thread somewhere and I missed it...

I'm at work and trying to hide my screen Shhhh, don't tell anyone...
Nov 2010 (Caribbean Beach Resort) -- Nov 2012 (Villas at Wilderness Lodge) & Universal (Hard Rock Hotel) -- Jan 2014 (Boardwalk Inn) -- Sept 2014 Universal (Royal Pacific) -- Nov 2014 (PO French Quarter)

Magic, March 9-15, 2013 (Western Caribbean)
Dream, Nov 21-24, 2014 (Bahamas)

DH Me DS(17) Sophie Maggie
PrincessJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:01 AM   #239
KatieCharlotte
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you get there at 8:30 on anything but the busiest days, I don't think you will be affected by this.
I will be able to ride Soarin twice and TT once w/ waits under twenty minutes and walk-on Maelstrom in the afternoon? On a moderate to busy day, since I can't my teen out of school?
KatieCharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:01 AM   #240
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
Universal offers two Express passes to offsite people. One allows one ride and one allows unlimited rides. Of course onsite visitors get the unlimited passes as part of their hotel stay.

The HHN passes only allow access to each attraction once. Considering the crowds, that's probably wise.
Got it.

Now question... how much money are these said express passes for off site guests? Right now, FP and FP+ are "free" or included with admission.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: