Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2013, 10:25 AM   #211
wisblue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyman8 View Post
Okay, well how would you feel if the folks staying at GF got two ride all of the headliners (they could book three of whatever) but the folks staying at Pop only got one? That's where this is headed. Also, however you want to rationalize it, it doesn't change the fact that this is a downgrade for everyone.
People who are touting Universal's FOTL pass for guests at their hotels as the best way to do things should think that guests at Deluxe resorts getting more than guests at value resorts is just fine. Pay more, get more.
wisblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:25 AM   #212
BayouMickey
Green Grinning Gators Come Out To Socialize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Hattered View Post
No.
ok just wondering, I know i threw around the word speculating here and there. If it was, I just want to clarify I don't think It's going to be all rainbows and unicorns. Basically I just reserve my opinion until it's all rolled out.
BayouMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2013, 10:27 AM   #213
tlh0726
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouMickey View Post
Well, because I am participating in the test. Isn't the reasoning to beta test is to give feedback? I'm going into this impartially. With no stakes in either side and give feedback in a non biased capacity.
We tested in August and never received anything for a followup on our vacation.
I waited expecting even a simple questionaire, nothing. I finally sent an email with +/- and suggestions and received a call about a week later from someone thanking me and went over some of my suggestions.

Apr 2014 Offsite, Aug 2013 Pop Century, Apr 2013 Fort Wilderness, Nov 2012 Pop Century, June 2012 Fort Wilderness, Mar 2012 Offsite,
Aug 2011 Offsite, Apr 2011 Pop Century, Oct 2010 Pop Century, Apr 2010 Fort Wilderness, Mar 2009 Pop Century, June 1997 Offsite, Dec 1996 Offsite
tlh0726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:27 AM   #214
lucas
°o°

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbb View Post
How would the cast member know if you have FP+ reservations?

The wearing of a magic band doesn't indicate that.
VERY good point and 1st time I've heard anyone mention it!

Just wear the bands and say you don't have a FP+ for that particular attraction.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:27 AM   #215
wisblue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCharlotte View Post
I would enjoy wandering the World Showcase. The question is, what would my family pay over four hundred dollars for.

I haven't actually been to Epcot in recent years without riding Soarin at least twice (I always end up with a bottom corner on the first try) and Test Track at least once. Plus a FP for Maelstrom because who wants to wait more than five minutes for that. And no, I didn't feel guilty because I got my entire family to the park entrance at 8:30 a.m.
If you get there at 8:30 on anything but the busiest days, I don't think you will be affected by this.
wisblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:29 AM   #216
surferdave
Not hero DIS deserves, but the hero DIS needs right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
What a bunch of complainers, whiners, and negative Nancy's here! FP+ is going to be fabulous and pink, with unicorns and rainbows. I know this for a fact, and everyone who disagrees doesn't know what they're talking about and is just speculating!

You need to be quoting someone else, but changing their font to a retina burning fluorescent color other than your signature pink.

Bayou, you must be following along on a device that doesn't show the poster's font formatting or you would know that wasn't for you.
surferdave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:29 AM   #217
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
ok just wondering, I know i threw around the word speculating here and there. If it was, I just want to clarify I don't think It's going to be all rainbows and unicorns. Basically I just reserve my opinion until it's all rolled out.

(And as MH said, not directed at you.)

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:29 AM   #218
notnothin
A Pirate's Life For Me

Quote:
was that directed at me?
Whoosh!

notnothin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:30 AM   #219
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog1134 View Post
(Playing devils advocate here)

Having the bands means you (theoretically) had the opportunity to make FP+ reservations ahead of time and you could still make same day reservations at one of the kiosks.
I understand your point, but for many people the hassle of booking FPs was too much, and for others like my friend, even IT couldn't fix her issues. She will be arriving today and can't use her FP+ as of now. She doesn't make waves so if a cast member tells her she can't use FP- she will just walk away. Plus, some people's FP+s just go wonky and they don't want to deal with wasting time dealing with GR so they decide to go with the flow and pull FP- the old fashioned way and some CM puts his had over the FP- machine and tells them they can't? I can only imagine how ballistic I would have gone if that was me.

Quote:
first, yes I got the malware warning too.

next, but we don't know that, which has been my point all along.. why fret over something we as of now, today, this second, we know nothing about?

finally, No, I'm not biased at all, the fact that I don't use them doesn't mean I don't advocate them. It's just a matter of it's not a factor that we must use them.
Thanks for the confirmation of the warning.

You missed my point, I'm not fretting about what will be next year, I'm fretting about what is TODAY for the people I spent hours planning for, and for myself in 12 days. I don't have the luxury of waiting to see how this is going to all shake out.

You might not see your bias, but it is there.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:31 AM   #220
Dan Murphy
We are family.

For Swan/Dolphin folks.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagi...this-month.htm

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:31 AM   #221
BayouMickey
Green Grinning Gators Come Out To Socialize

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnothin View Post
Whoosh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post

(And as MH said, not directed at you.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by surferdave View Post
You need to be quoting someone else, but changing their font to a retina burning fluorescent color other than your signature pink.

Bayou, you must be following along on a device that doesn't show the poster's font formatting or you would know that wasn't for you.
Yep.. I missed that train lol sorry for the derailment.
BayouMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:33 AM   #222
MJ6987
DIS Veteran

I'm not sure this "pick from groups" thing is a BIG change as the OP says or even new. I'm sure this was part of the earlier testing and, probably, part of the eventual FP+ model. The testing is just going through various phases until they work out the best model and go live.

Saying that, I am glad I have already sorted my FP+ for December!
MJ6987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:38 AM   #223
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Do I understand correctly that some of those who talk about how marvelous FP+ is can now see some potential downside? Will some actually be concerned like offsite visitors who are wondering what it is they will be able to do in December?

Wow, things change.

ETA: it is interesting to see that the Swan and Dolphin are being added to the testing soon. I always kind of expected those resorts along with the Downtown Disney resorts to have some type of access.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:39 AM   #224
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
That is interesting and hints towards what I think will happen that only onsite guests (and maybe AP) will be able to make FP+ in advance and everyone else will have to wait to do it the day of.

Like I said in the thread earlier, I wouldn't mind the restrictions of tiers for pre-selected FP+ if you can continue to pull FPs the day of either electronically or with paper (based on availability of course).
Old 11-01-2013, 10:41 AM   #225
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post
That is interesting and hints towards what I think will happen that only onsite guests (and maybe AP) will be able to make FP+ in advance and everyone else will have to wait to do it the day of.

Like I said in the thread earlier, I wouldn't mind the restrictions of tiers for pre-selected FP+ if you can continue to pull FPs the day of either electronically or with paper (based on availability of course).
Wow, that blows for them. Instead of heading to attractions they have to head to a FP+ kiosk and make reservations for the day. Ouch.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: