Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #196
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

What a bunch of complainers, whiners, and negative Nancy's here! FP+ is going to be fabulous and pink, with unicorns and rainbows. I know this for a fact, and everyone who disagrees doesn't know what they're talking about and is just speculating!

mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:14 AM   #197
Eastern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas View Post
Don't let them see the bands. Take them off or stick your hand in your pocket. Have 1 person without the band go to the FP machine.
That's annoying because I was told yesterday by a FP+ person that I could still get FP- as well. "It is just a test", she said.
Eastern is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2013, 11:16 AM   #198
fbb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Don't let them see the bands. Take them off or stick your hand in your pocket. Have 1 person without the band go to the FP machine.
How would the cast member know if you have FP+ reservations?

The wearing of a magic band doesn't indicate that.
fbb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:16 AM   #199
Eastern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbb View Post
Hopefully the FP+ data will make it crystal clear that they need to fast-track additional attractions for Epcot, DHS, and Animal Kingdom.
That's a nice thought. We can dream.
Eastern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #200
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
What a bunch of complainers, whiners, and negative Nancy's here! FP+ is going to be fabulous and pink, with unicorns and rainbows. I know this for a fact, and everyone who disagrees doesn't know what they're talking about and is just speculating!

~Unsubcribing

I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. There would never be an “Escalator Temporarily Out of Order” sign. Only an “Escalator Temporarily Stairs… Sorry for the Convenience.”
Mad Hattered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #201
rebbyparker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Okay, well how would you feel if the folks staying at GF got two ride all of the headliners (they could book three of whatever) but the folks staying at Pop only got one? That's where this is headed. Also, however you want to rationalize it, it doesn't change the fact that this is a downgrade for everyone.
I agree. And to go you one better, take a look at the threads. People are asking about FP+ for all the rides that never had FP before and getting negative responses. No preferred seating for Fantasmic w/o dining, not the best spot for Wishes/MSEP or don't bother to use your FP+ on Ariel, no preferred seating for Lion King. All of these attractions that Disney is trying to fill by spreading out FP+, just by word of mouth, are going to be no go's. Sure, some first timers are going to use their FP+ on something they really don't need to, but the people who know and plan are going to go for the headliners. Aaaannnnddd, we're right back where we started.
rebbyparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:18 AM   #202
rebbyparker
DIS Veteran

Quote:

rebbyparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:18 AM   #203
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbb View Post
How would the cast member know if you have FP+ reservations?

The wearing of a magic band doesn't indicate that.
(Playing devils advocate here)

Having the bands means you (theoretically) had the opportunity to make FP+ reservations ahead of time and you could still make same day reservations at one of the kiosks.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:19 AM   #204
BayouMickey
Green Grinning Gators Come Out To Socialize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post

What about if the test is during my vacation and the norm for next year doesn't affect me? Dare to think!

Of course you can give feedback, and as a repeat visitor to WDW your feedback is important, however, you are biased. Your bias is skewed toward someone who doesn't use FP normally, but it is still biased, don't fool yourself.

BTW, is anyone having problems with page 12 of this thread. I'm getting malware warnings and it won't load.
first, yes I got the malware warning too.

next, but we don't know that, which has been my point all along.. why fret over something we as of now, today, this second, we know nothing about?

finally, No, I'm not biased at all, the fact that I don't use them doesn't mean I don't advocate them. It's just a matter of it's not a factor that we must use them.
BayouMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:20 AM   #205
LvsTnk
Disney Crazy

Quote:
What if you chose not to test you get them anyway for the rest of the MB options

I really just posted that for a heads up obviously if you had no idea that was going to happen it would be too late to do anything about it. I can't send anyone else it will be me and DS with special needs by ourselves next week.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:20 AM   #206
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by connie1042 View Post
I made the fastpass+ for these two rides a while ago. I went to take a picture of the screen to show them when I got there. Now my TT time says unknown. This really makes me upset.
Try again later, it may reappear.

Quote:

Well if it is in pink it must be true. Quick, start a thread about the complainers who are complaining about the complainers.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #207
BayouMickey
Green Grinning Gators Come Out To Socialize

Quote:

was that directed at me?
BayouMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #208
cseca
My legs are wimpy but my will is stronger...

Quote:
And here I used to like you Mesaboy2!!!

Lol!

cseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:23 AM   #209
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouMickey View Post
was that directed at me?
No.
I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. There would never be an “Escalator Temporarily Out of Order” sign. Only an “Escalator Temporarily Stairs… Sorry for the Convenience.”
Mad Hattered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:23 AM   #210
KatieCharlotte
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisblue View Post
Just out of curiosity, when you have visited Epcot in the past, how many times do you ride Soarin and Test Track each day?

Put another way, how would you fill in these blanks:

I will not enjoy visiting Epcot unless I can ride Soarin at least __ times and Test Track at least __ times.
I would enjoy wandering the World Showcase. The question is, what would my family pay over four hundred dollars for.

I haven't actually been to Epcot in recent years without riding Soarin at least twice (I always end up with a bottom corner on the first try) and Test Track at least once. Plus a FP for Maelstrom because who wants to wait more than five minutes for that. And no, I didn't feel guilty because I got my entire family to the park entrance at 8:30 a.m.
KatieCharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: