Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #181
BayouMickey
Green Grinning Gators Come Out To Socialize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Hattered View Post
Fair enough. But if FP has never been a big part of YOUR touring plan then why should we care about what you think about the latest change? Apparently if this is the way it will be rolled out or even if it's just a test it won't effect you either way.
Well, because I am participating in the test. Isn't the reasoning to beta test is to give feedback? I'm going into this impartially. With no stakes in either side and give feedback in a non biased capacity.
BayouMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:05 AM   #182
wisblue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I thought the very thing people liked about FP+ was that it allowed you to sleep in and not do rope drop.
That's true for some people, but not for others.

Because we are often forced to schedule our visits at holiday times, our plan would be to arrive at opening as always, and do as many things as possible. If we went to a park in the evening we wouldn't do major attractions because FPs were gone and standby lines were longer than we were willing to wait, especially because we would have done the headliners already in the morning.

So, my view of it is that one headliner in the evening is better than none, though it may not be as good as two. All this change would do to me is make the main attraction that we don't have a FP+ for the first priority in the morning in case we decide to skip the second if the line is already too long.

I'm surprised that people didn't see this coming (not today, but eventually) based on how the screens have been laid out and what has been said about where this is eventually headed.
wisblue is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2013, 10:06 AM   #183
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

Frankly, I'm surprised it has taken them this long to get around to tiering the FP+ selections. If you recall, back in 2012 (I believe) when they first started testing the notion of FP reservations, the selections were tiered. You could only choose one e-ticket and then one or two from other tiers. When we took the plunge with FP+ in Aug. I was pleasantly surprised to find out we could select our FP+ as we wanted.

For those with vacations during the holidays, good luck. I wouldn't be happy about taking my chances with FP- for either Soarin' or TT considering the reports of FP- being gone so quickly in the morning, but who knows, this may actually help, and it will work out for you for the better.
Pixie Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:06 AM   #184
TXStormtrooper
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyB2006 View Post
If you have an apple ipad or iphone, just press both buttons at the same time. I forget how to do it on the apple desktop.

ETA... Although, I don't think it will do a lot of good.
Command Shift 4

on Apple computer
2007 - Polynesian
2013 - Polynesian - THANKSGIVING
www.bentosonthebayou.com
TXStormtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:07 AM   #185
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouMickey View Post
Hope to see ya there! I'm not going to lie and say I don't have any sort of jitters, but you know it is what it is. I'll just make the best of it. After all, in the end it just boils down to vacation time with family.
I'm sure we'll have a great time because I believe in "A spoonful of sugar".

Our itinerary is:
MK night of 27th
MK morning of 28th with AK in the evening
HS on 29th
EP on 30th
MK on Dec. 1
Ak & HS on 2

Just look for the goofy big guy laughing his butt off. That would be me.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:08 AM   #186
rebbyparker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So, my view of it is that one headliner in the evening is better than none, though it may not be as good as two. All this change would do to me is make the main attraction that we don't have a FP+ for the first priority in the morning in case we decide to skip the second if the line is already too long.
This. So the people who want to sleep will get to ride their headliner. The people who want more headliners will get there early and still get their headliners. FOR NOW.
rebbyparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:09 AM   #187
fbb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I really think they need to rethink this. Offer everyone ONE FP+ per day, with TSMM and the new mine coaster not included at all. I could see that as a value added benefit, while not messing as much with the entire pool of available FPs. Then allow people to add FP+ slots once the arrive IN the park and have used the one they had scheduled, or maybe one every 2 or 3 hours after they scan their ticket at the gate.
Hopefully the FP+ data will make it crystal clear that they need to fast-track additional attractions for Epcot, DHS, and Animal Kingdom.
fbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:09 AM   #188
wisblue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would too. But the big supporters of FP+ seem to be the late sleepers. If you still have to be there at rope drop, it sort of negates that benefit.

In response to the complaint about only being able to get a FP+ for either TT or Soarin, someone suggested doing one at RD. That's fixing a problem that wasn't there until they decided to fix something that wasn't broken.
The problem was that, during a busy time, late sleepers couldn't do EITHER Test Track or Soarin without long waits because FPs would be gone. Now they can at least do one of them.
wisblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:09 AM   #189
BayouMickey
Green Grinning Gators Come Out To Socialize

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post
I'm sure we'll have a great time because I believe in "A spoonful of sugar".

Our itinerary is:
MK night of 27th
MK morning of 28th with AK in the evening
HS on 29th
EP on 30th
MK on Dec. 1
Ak & HS on 2

Just look for the goofy big guy laughing his butt off. That would be me.
I'll keep an eye out! I'll be the goofy bald headed guy doing the dance of the sugar plum fairies.
BayouMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #190
connie1042
DIS Veteran

I made the fastpass+ for these two rides a while ago. I went to take a picture of the screen to show them when I got there. Now my TT time says unknown. This really makes me upset.
connie1042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #191
lucas
°o°

Quote:
Originally Posted by LvsTnk View Post
And what do you do when the CM stands in front of the regular FP machine and will not let you pull one because they see your MB? 2 reports of this at AK and when they said they were told they could pull regular FP in addition to FP+ the answer was go to GR and talk to them.

This was at KS I would be pretty upset to have to push my sons wheelchair all the way back to GR???
Don't let them see the bands. Take them off or stick your hand in your pocket. Have 1 person without the band go to the FP machine.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #192
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbb View Post
Hopefully the FP+ data will make it crystal clear that they need to fast-track additional attractions for Epcot, DHS, and Animal Kingdom.
One would think. But I'm guessing this was supposed to be their means of maximizing "unused capacity" on existing rides instead of adding too many new ones.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #193
andyman8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebbyparker View Post
This. So the people who want to sleep will get to ride their headliner. The people who want more headliners will get there early and still get their headliners. FOR NOW.
Okay, well how would you feel if the folks staying at GF got two ride all of the headliners (they could book three of whatever) but the folks staying at Pop only got one? That's where this is headed. Also, however you want to rationalize it, it doesn't change the fact that this is a downgrade for everyone.
Walt Disney World Resort: June 2014 (GF), March 2014 (Day-Trip), January 2014 (Pop[/COLOR], AoA, & Half-Marathon), November 2013 (YC & W&D Half-Marathon), October 2013 (GF), June 2013 (Polynesian), January 2013 (POR & Half-Marathon) December 2012 (Rosen Shingle Creek), July 2012 (GF), June 2011 (CR), March 2011 (Day-Trip), July 2004 (GF), April 2004 (FW), December 2003 (DoubleTree & MVMCP), October 2003 (DoubleTree & MNSSHP), August 2003 (DoubleTree), June 2003 (WL), February 2003 (Embassy Suites) January 2003 (DoubleTree), September 2002 (AKL), July 2002 (DoubleTree), March 2002 (DoubleTree), January 2002 (CR), November 2001 (DoubleTree), May 2001 (DoubleTree), February 2001 (DoubleTree), January 2001 (DoubleTree), April 2000 (DoubleTree), February 1998 (Quality Inn & Suites)

Universal Orlando Resort: October 2012 (RPR), September 2011 (HRH), July 2010 (RPR), March 2010 (RPR), February 2010 (Day-Trip), September 2009 (HRH), January 2008 (HRH), June 2006 (PBH)

Disneyland Resort: August 2012 (Day-Trip), August 2009 (Day-Trip)

Upcoming: Disneyland July 2014 (GCH), Walt Disney World October 2013 (Dolphin & ToT 10-Miler)

Member of the PeopleMover Appreciation Society, Official MyMagic+ Info & FAQ Thread, and Printable Theme Park Maps
andyman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #194
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern View Post
It was....having to book FP+ and also be there for rope drop to get on rides would be double disney torture.
Yeah, I'm with you on that, I don't like scheduling things and I hate getting up early. I dealt with the scheduling things because then I wouldn't have to worry about rope drop. Now I have to deal with both. Total Disney Torture.

Quote:
What about if this is only a test, and this will not be the norm? Dare to think!
What about if the test is during my vacation and the norm for next year doesn't affect me? Dare to think!

Quote:
Well, because I am participating in the test. Isn't the reasoning to beta test is to give feedback? I'm going into this impartially. With no stakes in either side and give feedback in a non biased capacity.
Of course you can give feedback, and as a repeat visitor to WDW your feedback is important, however, you are biased. Your bias is skewed toward someone who doesn't use FP normally, but it is still biased, don't fool yourself.

BTW, is anyone having problems with page 12 of this thread. I'm getting malware warnings and it won't load.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #195
notnothin
A Pirate's Life For Me

Can we get Dr Disney MD in here to tell us how great this is?

notnothin is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: