Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2013, 10:48 AM   #151
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouMickey View Post
I agree, that is why I'm not up in arms about anything at this point. We just don't know.
That's why I'm almost kind of glad I'm not going back until the system will be fully rolled out. I miss WDW but I'd like to use the system once it's finished.

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:49 AM   #152
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post
I do have a family member that is working exclusively with FP+ if that helps you. I'm sorry, but creating more FP- just doesn't make sense. That available pool of Fast passes is not going into the parks, it's just just being spread around to more people who want to use FP+. Disney realizes that due to the lack of real headliners at Epcot that there is a shortage of FP+ for those two attractions during the holiday season and this is how they are addressing it (to allow you only one FP+ selection for either headliner).
I don't think that the creation of FP- is intentional I think will create more balance between the two systems.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2013, 10:49 AM   #153
BayouMickey
Green Grinning Gators Come Out To Socialize

Quote:
I do have a family member that is working exclusively with FP+ if that helps you.

I'm sorry, but creating more FP- just doesn't make sense. That available pool of Fast passes is not going into the parks, it's just just being spread around to more people who want to use FP+. Disney realizes that due to the lack of real headliners at Epcot that there is a shortage of FP+ for those two attractions during the holiday season and this is how they are addressing it (to allow you only one FP+ selection for either headliner).
Again there's some misreading.. I'm not saying they are INTENTIONALLY freeing up FP-, I'm saying it's a result of the upcoming testing.
BayouMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:49 AM   #154
fbb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Disney realizes that due to the lack of real headliners at Epcot that there is a shortage of FP+ for those two attractions during the holiday season and this is how they are addressing it (to allow you only one FP+ selection for either headliner).
Why didn't they realize this before they entered the 60 day window of the holiday season?
fbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:50 AM   #155
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rteetz View Post
I also think this is difficult to really put in perspective because it's only at Epcot ad Epcot doesn't have a lot of major attractions. If you did this at MK it would be a little crazier
I don't think they have to do this at MK because it has so many more big attractions, although we will see during the holidays how well it holds up.

Don't be surprised if at some point they allow 4 or 5 FP+ at the MK, while Epcot stays at 3 (or is it really effectively only 2?)
Old 11-01-2013, 10:50 AM   #156
robpa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
What about if this is only a test, and this will not be the norm? Dare to think!
Now you are speculating.
robpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:51 AM   #157
BayouMickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by rteetz View Post
That's why I'm almost kind of glad I'm not going back until the system will be fully rolled out. I miss WDW but I'd like to use the system once it's finished.
Valid option. For me FP was never a main stake in our trips, so it really doesn't effect me.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:51 AM   #158
amylevan
DIS Veteran

I swear there are people on this board who think Disney could do no wrong...ever.
2007 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
2008 - Fort Wilderness
2010 (x2) - Fort Wilderness
2012 - Fort Wilderness
2014 - Fort Wilderness
amylevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:51 AM   #159
BayouMickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpa View Post
Now you are speculating.
no I'm saying wait and see.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:51 AM   #160
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Again there's some misreading.. I'm not saying they are INTENTIONALLY freeing up FP-, I'm saying it's a result of the upcoming testing.
And just because they are restricting access to the headliners does not mean any FP- will be freed up. Those spots are staying in FP+ and will be used up by FP+ users.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:52 AM   #161
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Thinking WAAAY back to when details of FP+ first started making their way out, I do recall them saying something to the effect of having to choose between headliners. I remember people being quite upset about it and the usual folks pulling a "we just don't know...it could change"

Well here we are. I suppose it could change...again.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #162
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't think they have to do this at MK because it has so many more big attractions, although we will see during the holidays how well it holds up. Don't be surprised if at some point they allow 4 or 5 FP+ at the MK, while Epcot stays at 3 (or is it really effectively only 2?)
They have already tested 4 FP+ at MK a lot of people liked that much better. I'm also not saying they will do this at MK and I highly doubt they will.

Old 11-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #163
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

Quote:
Valid option. For me FP was never a main stake in our trips, so it really doesn't effect me.
Then why are you spouting your opinion if this doesn't affect you?
I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. There would never be an “Escalator Temporarily Out of Order” sign. Only an “Escalator Temporarily Stairs… Sorry for the Convenience.”
Mad Hattered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #164
BayouMickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylevan View Post
I swear there are people on this board who think Disney could do no wrong...ever.
oh no don't get me wrong, I'm not a big fan of the new system, but I'm not going to cry bloody murder until true mechanics of the system are known.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #165
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's not in mine either I only used two or three a day so it's perfect for me.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: