Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2013, 10:38 AM   #136
cseca
My legs are wimpy but my will is stronger...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyB2006 View Post
Not true. You don't know that. This whole system is ever-evolving and changing daily. Just because they made a change today doesn't mean that's how it will permanently be in the future. Right now you can still get paper FPs. Worry about what you can do today.
If you read the rest of my post you would see that I understand that.

I just mean that it's possible for them to finalize the system the way it is and people who are testing should speak up... good or bad result. That's the point of the test.
cseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:39 AM   #137
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouMickey View Post
You are misreading.. I don't think they are intentionally freeing up FP-, I'm saying its a result of the upcoming test...
Personally I think this will work out better for both ways yes it will free up FP- but it will also free up some FP+. I think this will lead to a greater balance I understand the argument. This will create a better balance until FP- is gone.

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2013, 10:39 AM   #138
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
And you know this how? Was this info released are you just speculating?
Because it makes sense. It's a way for Disney to insure people can at least get one headliner attraction scheduled on FP+ during the crushing holiday season.

And I think it's totally disingenuous of people to say that guests should just visit during non-peak times. Unfortunately the majority of people have to visit during holidays and summer peak season, hence the reason the parks are packed during that time.

The true test for FP+ will indeed be the holiday time. It's going to test the infrastructure and the applications.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:41 AM   #139
andyman8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyB2006 View Post
And as of now, you can still do that. You an schedule a FP+ and you can pull paper FPs for the others if you get there at RD.
Okay, let's assume we're going on a moderately crowded day (say, middle of October). If you get there at RD and pull at FP for Soarin' at 9:10am w/ a return time for 12:30pm, you need to wait two hours to get your next which brings you to 11:10am and based on historical records, TT at 10:25am, so you're out of luck. Now if you have the luxury of traveling at times like now, when Space Mountain continuously has a 20 minute wait, you might now run into this problem, but most will. Also, what about re-rides and those who don't want to get up at the crack of dawn? Previously, those people could have done it.
Walt Disney World Resort: June 2014 (GF), March 2014 (Day-Trip), January 2014 (Pop[/COLOR], AoA, & Half-Marathon), November 2013 (YC & W&D Half-Marathon), October 2013 (GF), June 2013 (Polynesian), January 2013 (POR & Half-Marathon) December 2012 (Rosen Shingle Creek), July 2012 (GF), June 2011 (CR), March 2011 (Day-Trip), July 2004 (GF), April 2004 (FW), December 2003 (DoubleTree & MVMCP), October 2003 (DoubleTree & MNSSHP), August 2003 (DoubleTree), June 2003 (WL), February 2003 (Embassy Suites) January 2003 (DoubleTree), September 2002 (AKL), July 2002 (DoubleTree), March 2002 (DoubleTree), January 2002 (CR), November 2001 (DoubleTree), May 2001 (DoubleTree), February 2001 (DoubleTree), January 2001 (DoubleTree), April 2000 (DoubleTree), February 1998 (Quality Inn & Suites)

Universal Orlando Resort: October 2012 (RPR), September 2011 (HRH), July 2010 (RPR), March 2010 (RPR), February 2010 (Day-Trip), September 2009 (HRH), January 2008 (HRH), June 2006 (PBH)

Disneyland Resort: August 2012 (Day-Trip), August 2009 (Day-Trip)

Upcoming: Disneyland July 2014 (GCH), Walt Disney World October 2013 (Dolphin & ToT 10-Miler)

Member of the PeopleMover Appreciation Society, Official MyMagic+ Info & FAQ Thread, and Printable Theme Park Maps
andyman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:42 AM   #140
BayouMickey
Green Grinning Gators Come Out To Socialize

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post
Because it makes sense. It's a way for Disney to insure people can at least get one headliner attraction scheduled on FP+ during the crushing holiday season.

And I think it's totally disingenuous of people to say that guests should just visit during non-peak times. Unfortunately the majority of people have to visit during holidays and summer peak season, hence the reason the parks are packed during that time.

The true test for FP+ will indeed be the holiday time. It's going to test the infrastructure and the applications.
ah! Ok so you are speculating.. At this point we could speculate alot of things, but in reality we all know nothing about the intended use right now.
BayouMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:42 AM   #141
robpa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannylynn View Post
This isn't a matter of the system being buggy. Not everyone has encountered bugs in this process.

This is WDW FP+ developers being morons! This was an intentional change and personally, I hope that everyone will send them an email complaining about the changes. They won't know that we are unhappy unless we tell them.
I agree. What I was referring to was the poster saying she understands they need to test it. I wouldn't want them using my vacation as that test unless they were going to comp me in some way. The risk/ reward factor is way too unbalanced for me.
robpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:42 AM   #142
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rteetz View Post
Personally I think this will work out better for both ways yes it will free up FP- but it will also free up some FP+. I think this will lead to a greater balance I understand the argument. This will create a better balance until FP- is gone.
The only thing it will do is spread out the FP+ to more people.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:43 AM   #143
BayouMickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpa View Post
I agree. What I was referring to was the poster saying she understands they need to test it. I wouldn't want them using my vacation as that test unless they were going to comp me in some way. The risk/ reward factor is way too unbalanced for me.
Answer is simple.. Don't participate in the test.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #144
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
ah! Ok so you are speculating.. At this point we could speculate alot of things, but in reality we all know nothing about the intended use right now.
I think everything about this test is speculation. Until it's final and everything is done being tested every month something different is being tested with this system.

Old 11-01-2013, 10:45 AM   #145
robpa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I don't know why people are complaining about this..
This opens up more times for FP-...
Nobody's forcing you to take part of the test.. With these restrictions regular FP people will have better chances to do their "thing" now..

What about when regular fastpass disappears ?
robpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:46 AM   #146
livingthedream
Mouseketeer

Short-Term "Fix" for High Demand for Soarin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I would too. But the big supporters of FP+ seem to be the late sleepers. If you still have to be there at rope drop, it sort of negates that benefit.

In response to the complaint about only being able to get a FP+ for either TT or Soarin, someone suggested doing one at RD. That's fixing a problem that wasn't there until they decided to fix something that wasn't broken.
These two posts echo my thinking about why Disney has done this. I believe they have removed Soarin' from the FastPass+ list in anticipation of a high-peak demand period (e.g. Thanksgiving and Christmas). They saw how irate many people were when they couldn't get FP- for Soarin' during higher crowds than anticipated in mid-October.

So, their answer is to remove Soarin' as a FastPass+ option, and revert back to the old system - i.e. if you want fastpasses for Soarin', you have to be there early/rope drop.

It is counter-intuitive to the arguments in support of FastPass+!

That said, they may have recognized they don't have enough lead-time to try to rebalance the appropriate # of FastPass+ relative to FP- for the higher crowds, so they are going with the "old" system (FP-, because they know how its works) for the time-being.

Once they get through the peak season(s), then I suspect they will introduce a re-worked opportunity to obtain more than one or two FastPass+ in Epcot. Either that, or they will adjust the number of FastPass+ "tiers" based on anticipated crowd levels.

Wouldn't that be fun?!!
livingthedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:46 AM   #147
BayouMickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by rteetz View Post
I think everything about this test is speculation. Until it's final and everything is done being tested every month something different is being tested with this system.
I agree, that is why I'm not up in arms about anything at this point. We just don't know.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:46 AM   #148
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post
The only thing it will do is spread out the FP+ to more people.
I also think this is difficult to really put in perspective because it's only at Epcot ad Epcot doesn't have a lot of major attractions. If you did this at MK it would be a little crazier

Old 11-01-2013, 10:47 AM   #149
BayouMickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpa View Post
What about when regular fastpass disappears ?
What about if this is only a test, and this will not be the norm? Dare to think!
Old 11-01-2013, 10:47 AM   #150
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I do have a family member that is working exclusively with FP+ if that helps you.

I'm sorry, but creating more FP- just doesn't make sense. That available pool of Fast passes is not going into the parks, it's just just being spread around to more people who want to use FP+. Disney realizes that due to the lack of real headliners at Epcot that there is a shortage of FP+ for those two attractions during the holiday season and this is how they are addressing it (to allow you only one FP+ selection for either headliner).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: