Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2013, 10:52 AM   #31
pitterpint23
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissGiggles89
Princess Pay in Disney World starts around $12/hour for CPs, part/full time cast members may start at a different rate but it wouldn't be too far off from $12.
I was paid 7.50 in 2010 as a cp
pitterpint23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:59 PM   #32
SultanPprShkr
Look good up close, better from Jafar!

It's fairly obvious to see who is a girl and who is a guy in the fur characters.. if you really sit and watch their mannerisms from sitting, walking and even standing while waiting for the next person to come up to take a picture with them. Plutos, Goofys and Tiggers tend to be guys since they're so tall and/or are long limbed. This also applies to other characters like Woody, Jessie, Buzz may or may not be since he's shorter.. Frozone and Mr Incredible are both taller characters. Sully, etc.

As for princesses.. I think it has to do more with height and your overall acting talent/ability. DLR has Cindy and Aurora and Belle interchangeable - and I know this because I have an unusually large and unique autograph book.. and each time I got to meet these lovely ladies to get their autograph.. they recognized it after the first time. By the third time, (then Cindy), said, "Oh I remember you! How are you? What have you been up to?" Which I felt was out of character because that was truly my actual first time meeting Cinderelly.

That being said, Snow was great when I said I loved her on OUAT, and she said she liked stories that start with OUAT.. and i said it's a tv show, and she asked what's that. LOL... she's funny tho.. caught her photobombing at 2012 DL Half Marathon during the course and she said "i have no idea what you're talking about" all coy. haha.
runDisney upcoming: Star Wars Rebel Challenge '15
JAFAR | World Of Color | IG @sultanpprshkr
SultanPprShkr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2013, 03:27 PM   #33
Skjhjb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelaF View Post
CPs = character performers? Also, my husband wondered whether there was some sort of character hierarchy to climb. Can you start with one character and climb the ladder to be Mickey? Does Mickey make more money? Or do they train to be one character and stick with it?
The dd of a very good friend of mine just started this week on one of the Disney ships, after two months of rehearsals in Toronto. She's 18, and this is her first Disney job.

While I don't know her salary, I do know that in addition to being a principal dancer in several shows, she gets to be Minnie and Stitch as well. So no "working up" to Minnie or Mickey.

They did tell me that the face characters make less $$ than the costumed characters (although that could be in her case because she is also a dancer)
Second Trip - POR May 13-19/2014!!!
Skjhjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 07:42 PM   #34
rantnnravin
Whaddya mean there's no room in the suitcase? YOU CAN LAND A PLANE IN THERE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keels View Post
Face and fur make the same amount per hour. The bonus comes in for face because there are times when you're in more demand and you can get more hours. Plus, you get more breaks and more show/parade/specials opportunities.

And entertainment (parades/characters/non-equity shows) make the most hourly in the parks over other areas.

Almost all characters and parade performers start as fur exclusively first. Then you can go to "face auditions", which used to happen quarterly (unless there was an extreme demand for a character). They look at you and look at you, hold your picture up to images from the movies. If they think you look like someone, you move on to another round where you get fitted in wig/makeup/costume and go in front of casting.

If they "approve" you, you get trained on mannerisms, voice inflection, autograph, etc.

Most gals are approved for multiples - ie., if you're Belle-approved, you're probably also Ariel and Cindy approved, and maybe Poppins too.

Most Wendys are also Alice, because of height. And for the princesses, they really stick to height.

For fur, you're broken up into different categories that roughly go like this -

4'11-under: Duck (Donald, Daisy)
5'0" - 5'3ish: Mouse (Mickey, Minnie)
5'3"-5'6ish": Munk (Chip & Dale)
5'6-5'9": Pluto
5'9"-6': Tigger
6'+: Goofy
so since i'm just under 4'10, i have no hope of ever being Mickey? That was my retirement plan!

rantnnravin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:15 AM   #35
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantnnravin View Post
so since i'm just under 4'10, i have no hope of ever being Mickey? That was my retirement plan!
Fur characters actually start at 4'7'' The posting for character performers for WDW on disneyauditions.com

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: