Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2013, 11:11 AM   #91
myweegirls
Caught the Disney Bug from my husband and am now hooked in my own right!

Hi, all!

StacyMarie, I'm so sorry to hear about your lousy week. Sometimes I think we just have to give ourselves permission to do what we need to do to get through the rough spots, knowing that they're finite and we can get back on track afterward. Sending good wishes to you and your DD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Good luck to our Wine & Dine racers this week-end: Cam, Rose, Kim and Liz!
Thank you!! DH and I leave at stupid-o'clock tomorrow morning for the airport, and we should be at WDW by 10:30am...woohoo! I'm really psyched for this race - feeling ready to rock it. We don't come home until Monday afternoon, so this should be a nice little break beyond just the race. Can't wait to hit Food & Wine and Festival of the Masters! Now to make sure I don't overdo it on my feet and at the kiosks before the race...

XOXO
Liz

ABD ~ 2013 (Backstage Magic) * AKL ~ 2010 * AKV ~ 2012, 2013, 2014 * Aulani ~ 2014 * BLT ~ 2011 * BC ~ 2010, 2014 * BWI ~ 2010, 2012 * BWV ~ 2011 * DCL ~ 2012 (Dream/PC 3.0 & Fantasy/PC 4.0), 2013 (Dream), 2014 (Dream), 2015 (Wonder) * DL Offsite ~ 2013 * GC ~ 2011, 2014 * GF ~ 2011 * Poly ~ 2009, 2010 * POFQ ~ 2010 * Royal Caribbean ~ 2013 (Oasis/DIS Cruise 1.0) * WL ~ 2013

myweegirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:18 PM   #92
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Here are just a few pictures from this past weekend.....

And this is where we are!!

DS and I waiting in line, day #1

Me and Minecraft "Steve"

DS meeting "Captain Sparklez" (Minecraft celebrity!)

Me meeting the characters at WWOHP (I'm holding the "Flat Roger" from DD's university).

I was excited to see the Hogwarts Express!!

So close to the magic, I can almost SMELL it!

That's all for now!.................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2013, 12:21 PM   #93
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
I noticed that we are still without a coach until tomorrow, so if no one minds, I will post a QOTD for today......

QOTD for Tuesday, November 5, 2013:

What is one little change you can commit to for this week that could add up to a BIG change on the scale?? Be sure it is something that you can really accomplish and hopefully stick with! Give it some thought!

.........................P
One change is stop snacking at night- prezels are not a good atkins snack! I really wish there were some kind of low carb salty chip type snack! well I'll work on it best I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
Good Wednesday morning everyone.

This will be a quick post since I forgot this morning that I am coaching.

Question of the Day

I am getting ready to start my day here at school. For some reason I can't really start until I have heard the soundtrack for Soaring.

Is there something that you need to do to start your day?
for starting my day - I need to shower or I just feel like a slug all day long! so for me I should do it right when I get up so I am productive all day long!

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

Will our ponchos hold up Holy Rain !! 8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me & Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = 8/18/2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:37 PM   #94
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the great, positive vibes on the race everyone! I am excited! We are legacy runners for W&D and I am so glad we signed up again this year!

Lisa--glad your leg is letting you exercise. Hope it continues to improve.

Great pictures Pamela!

bigsis1970--how about just a couple salty nuts? Blue Diamond makes almond crackers--not sure what the carb situation is like.

Liz--we leave at o'dark o'thirty on Friday. Have a safe trip and a great race!

QOTD--this is a hard one for me. It takes me a lonnnnnnng time to get going in the morning. I wake up fine, just spend too much time doing "stuff". I always start the day with breakfast--sometimes after my workout, but don't feel like the day is really started until I have breakfast.

Somebody tell me to pack. We travel a lot and you would think this would be a no brainer, but I just do not like packing. For some reason I am terrified I am going to forget something. And I often do, but in the big scheme of things most things are replaceable, so no big deal.

Hope everyone is having a healthy Wednesday!
Old 11-06-2013, 12:44 PM   #95
pjlla
<><

ROSE.....Go pack! As long as you have your wallet with credit cards and ID, medications, glasses/contacts, your running outfit/shoes, and your tickets, you are ALL SET! They have Walmart AND Target in Orlando!! Don't worry too much about what you might forget. Have a WONDERFUL TIME!................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
Old 11-06-2013, 05:44 PM   #96
pjlla
<><

Quiet group here today! Hope everyone is okay! I spent waaaaay too much time on the computer today, ordering pictures, etc.

Off to check on the broccoli I'm roasting...............P

Old 11-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #97
lisateaches
Mouseketeer

I'm in for the November challenge. This is the first time I've joined. Not only was I late starting, but then I got sickkkk as soon as I joined in. Of course I lost my weight already, but the trick for me is to not gain it back immediately. After being sick, I feel super skinny so I feel free to eat.
2000 one day to MGM
2007- All Star Movie 2009-All Star Music 2011- Port Orleans French Quarter 2012- Port Orleans French Quarter
2015- Coronado Springs and Cabana Bay
lisateaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:48 PM   #98
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisateaches View Post
I'm in for the November challenge. This is the first time I've joined. Not only was I late starting, but then I got sickkkk as soon as I joined in. Of course I lost my weight already, but the trick for me is to not gain it back immediately. After being sick, I feel super skinny so I feel free to eat.
HEY there! Welcome! Be sure to go back to page one and read up on how our challenges work....then feel free to jump right in! Sorry you were sick... hope you are much better!

Evening friends! Where is everyone?

Well.... I managed to consume one of my two heads of lettuce, the one tomato, and the rest of the broccoli with dinner tonight.... so I definitely see a stop for produce in my near future! That being said, I did find the last container of frozen rhubarb sauce in the freezer. It is GREAT in greek yogurt, so I don't have to worry about buying more (expensive) berries this week! Also pulled out a pork loin to throw in the crockpot for tomorrow's dinner.

REALLY craving some popcorn tonight, but trying to watch the carbs (to make up for my splurges this past weekend). I have enough points left for some nuts, so maybe I'll sub that in.

Off to check email one more time before Survivor starts! TTY tomorow........P

Old 11-06-2013, 08:00 PM   #99
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
I noticed that we are still without a coach until tomorrow, so if no one minds, I will post a QOTD for today......

QOTD for Tuesday, November 5, 2013:

What is one little change you can commit to for this week that could add up to a BIG change on the scale?? Be sure it is something that you can really accomplish and hopefully stick with! Give it some thought!

.........................P
My little change is watching my white carbs. I've ben avoiding breads, pastas, and sugary stuff...which has been a challenge with DSs Halloween candy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyMarie View Post
I'm having a TERRIBLE week! I'm a stress eater and I've been stressed out dealing with some medical issues with my daughter. She is home this week from college due to being sick and needing to have some medical tests done. Not only am I worried about her being sick, but I'm worried about her getting behind! When I worry, I eat! Needless to say, I will probably be up in weight for the next weigh in!
I'm so sorry that your daughter is sick and you are feeling so stressed. Hopefully, it will get figured out and everything will turn out fine. Try to remember that food is fuel. When I grab something that I really don't need to eat, if I say food is fuel, it really changes my mind! Good luck with everything.

Quote:
Good Wednesday morning everyone.

This will be a quick post since I forgot this morning that I am coaching.

Question of the Day

I am getting ready to start my day here at school. For some reason I can't really start until I have heard the soundtrack for Soaring.

Is there something that you need to do to start your day?
I need to wake up and get in the shower right away. A nice, quiet shower starts my day right. After that, I can do whatever. I also get to work about 30 minutes early to get some more peace & quiet before the students arrive. I can get so much done in those 30 minutes compared to my planning period or lunch break. I love the listening to Soarin' music, though. I may have to try it. Although, it may depress me with no wdw trip in sight

Quote:

My one little change is getting my behind out the door before work and doing my workouts -- my leg is s-l-o-w-l-y getting better.

I'm glad the leg is improving

I think I am goofed up with the time change. Ever since I got up I thought today was Tuesday but it's actually Wednesday. That puts a crimp in my plans.
At least the week is going faster for you! I'm still struggling with this time change. I was up an hour earlier than I needed to be so far this week.

Quote:
Good luck to our Wine & Dine racers this week-end: Cam, Rose, Kim and Liz!
Yay! Have a great time, ladies Oh, and tell Mickey I miss him

Pamela~I'm glad you had a good time in Florida. Your son is so grown up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good evening all. I really do not have too much to chit-chat about tonight. I am signing up to run a Thanksgiving day 5k again this year. It's called the Gobble Wobble and usually DS10, DSis. BIL, and Dnephew run as well. DS7 did it with DH one year and he vowed to never run a 5k ever again...he'd only do a 1k, 2k, or 3k This year it may just be me and my nephew. And he runs in 18:00 or less! Last year he ran with friends and they brought their varsity cross country flag (big flag on a wooden pole) and passed it around as they ran as a group. All this among 1200 runners in a 2.5 mile perimeter park They had a fun time. I think the flag slowed them down, though. All 7 of them finished in the 20-21 minute time. I guess I better start running more to prep for this!

Oh my, it's gotten late! I need to get DSs ready for bed and check the menu to see if they are packing or buying lunches tomorrow. Then I need to figure out what I'm eating for lunch tomorrow! I'll check back soon. Have great night.

Jill
Old 11-07-2013, 07:24 AM   #100
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJillian18 View Post
Good luck to all running in Wine and Dine this weekend! I so wish I would be out there with all of you! Just remember one step and a time, and your WISH family is here for you!
Way to show the WISH spirit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseeker9 View Post
As soon as I wake up every morning, I pour myself a big glass of water and drink it while I journal. It always feels good to hydrate after sleeping, and it feels good to get in touch with my thoughts and feelings first thing in the morning, when it's all quiet and still, before the day gets too crazy.
That sounds like a nice, quiet start to your day!

Pamela, I enjoyed all you pictures -- looks like a great time. Glad to hear that DS is feeling better. Hope that you are too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myweegirls View Post
Thank you!! DH and I leave at stupid-o'clock tomorrow morning for the airport, and we should be at WDW by 10:30am...woohoo! I'm really psyched for this race - feeling ready to rock it. We don't come home until Monday afternoon, so this should be a nice little break beyond just the race. Can't wait to hit Food & Wine and Festival of the Masters! Now to make sure I don't overdo it on my feet and at the kiosks before the race...
Safe travels, Liz, and have a wonderful time! Those crazy early flights are worthwhile when you are walking in the park gates at lunch time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post
One change is stop snacking at night- prezels are not a good atkins snack! I really wish there were some kind of low carb salty chip type snack! well I'll work on it best I can

for starting my day - I need to shower or I just feel like a slug all day long! so for me I should do it right when I get up so I am productive all day long!
Have you looked at the Blue Diamond Nut Thins? They are made with rice flour and have seeds like flax and sesame. They are very tasty but may have too many carbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
Thanks for the great, positive vibes on the race everyone! I am excited! We are legacy runners for W&D and I am so glad we signed up again this year!
I know that you will have a great time and I hope your packing went well yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisateaches View Post
Thanks for joining! Hope you are feeling better now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
At least the week is going faster for you! I'm still struggling with this time change. I was up an hour earlier than I needed to be so far this week.
Me too! It's crazy. Makes for a long night for sure. But very helpful to work out early in the morning.

Quote:
Good evening all. I really do not have too much to chit-chat about tonight. I am signing up to run a Thanksgiving day 5k again this year. It's called the Gobble Wobble and usually DS10, DSis. BIL, and Dnephew run as well. DS7 did it with DH one year and he vowed to never run a 5k ever again...he'd only do a 1k, 2k, or 3k This year it may just be me and my nephew. And he runs in 18:00 or less! Last year he ran with friends and they brought their varsity cross country flag (big flag on a wooden pole) and passed it around as they ran as a group. All this among 1200 runners in a 2.5 mile perimeter park They had a fun time. I think the flag slowed them down, though. All 7 of them finished in the 20-21 minute time. I guess I better start running more to prep for this!
Sounds like a fun, family affair! Don't let them stick you with running with the flag.

I am plugging away here. Today is parent-teacher conference so I will have to find a different WW meeting to go to this week. It's kind of fun to try a different leader.

Have a great day all!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:36 AM   #101
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Ok, want to get to work early so that I can leave early. The dog woke up at 4am (ugh) so I went to the Y and ran for 40 min on the indoor track.

Anyhow, just wanted to say I weighed in today and I am down 4 pounds for the week!! I never have weeks like this. I will probably gain it all back this weekend but at least I know I can still lose if I work hard. This was just the boost I needed!

Have a great Thursday!
Old 11-07-2013, 08:53 AM   #102
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

Good Thursday morning everyone

Good luck to everyone running some sort of race this weekend. If you are DW say hello to all the jersey people. It is Jersey Week. Some schools are off today and tomorrow for teacher's convention and some schools give the entire week. Then there is my crazy district that had the kids in on Mon and Wed and made the teachers come in Tues for inservice. Then to top it off we have Mon off for Veteran's Day. Right now I am at the start of a 5 day weekend

Question of the Day

If you are a runner is there some race that you dream about doing?

If you are not a runner do you ever dream about running a special race?

I am now way past running. I have two bad knees and two bad ankles(one from when I was 18but that's another story) that I really don't want to stress out running but that doesn't stop me from dreaming. I would love to race the DW Marathon and be able to see all the parks that way. I would have also loved to run the NYC marathon.

Off to sew. We have no plans for the weekend but dh will come up with something.

Have a happy and healthy day.
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:24 AM   #103
pjlla
<><

Quote:
My little change is watching my white carbs. I've ben avoiding breads, pastas, and sugary stuff...which has been a challenge with DSs Halloween candy!

My DS has totally ignored his candy! The bucket is still sitting there, taunting me! No wonder he is so tall and skinny! He just isn't interested in food. Maybe you could get your DSons to put some of their candy in the freezer for now.

Pamela~I'm glad you had a good time in Florida. Your son is so grown up!

Well.... on the outside he is grown-up.... but inside he is still a 15-y/o boy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh my, it's gotten late! I need to get DSs ready for bed and check the menu to see if they are packing or buying lunches tomorrow. Then I need to figure out what I'm eating for lunch tomorrow! I'll check back soon. Have great night.

Jill
I always think that a T.giving day run sounds like so much fun, but we do so much driving for T.giving and would have to get up SO early.... it would make the day too hectic! But good for you!!

Quote:
Pamela, I enjoyed all you pictures -- looks like a great time. Glad to hear that DS is feeling better. Hope that you are too.

Yup.... nose isn't so sniffle-y today and headache is gone. Thanks!

I am plugging away here. Today is parent-teacher conference so I will have to find a different WW meeting to go to this week. It's kind of fun to try a different leader.

Have a great day all!
I agree with trying a different leader. As much as I don't want to lose any of my members, I often encourage them to go hear another leader to get another perspective on things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
Ok, want to get to work early so that I can leave early. The dog woke up at 4am (ugh) so I went to the Y and ran for 40 min on the indoor track.

Anyhow, just wanted to say I weighed in today and I am down 4 pounds for the week!! I never have weeks like this. I will probably gain it all back this weekend but at least I know I can still lose if I work hard. This was just the boost I needed!

Have a great Thursday!
WOW! That is fabulous!! You did need that boost! Hope Sugar is doing well too. Have a WONDERFUL weekend!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Morning all! Well...no work again for me today. My next check will be dismal! But hopefully I can put in a few hours of WW work today, so it isn't a total loss. And maybe I can post a few things for sale on my FB yard sale site. Haven't sold much, but I keep trying!

Raining here, so my plans to strip beds and wash/hang out the sheets has changed. I think I will try to hit my scrapping table later today after I finish my other work.

Feeling ready for a good number on the scale tomorrow, but honestly I have NO IDEA what it will say. The weekend eating was MOSTLY good, but the splurges may have done me in. I'll be sure to get myself full of green tea and water today, watch the salt, double check my portions, and hit the TM for a while. Not much more I can do than that!

I'm also going to spend some time finding a few new recipes today. I feel so tired of my "usual" stuff! Could use a few new stew and soup recipes for the fall and winter!

TTYL.....................P

Old 11-07-2013, 09:30 AM   #104
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Good Thursday morning everyone

Good luck to everyone running some sort of race this weekend. If you are DW say hello to all the jersey people. It is Jersey Week. Some schools are off today and tomorrow for teacher's convention and some schools give the entire week. Then there is my crazy district that had the kids in on Mon and Wed and made the teachers come in Tues for inservice. Then to top it off we have Mon off for Veteran's Day. Right now I am at the start of a 5 day weekend

WOOHOO on a 5 day weekend! Will you be sitting at your sewing machine for part of it??!

Question of the Day

If you are a runner is there some race that you dream about doing?

If you are not a runner do you ever dream about running a special race?
Not really a runner any more. I just don't enjoy it enough to put in the time and work. That being said, I would LOVE to do a Disney event....even if I wasn't able to run the whole thing. I think it would be so much fun! ..................P

Old 11-07-2013, 10:00 AM   #105
pjlla
<><

Rose....

I know you've been struggling with the cooking and meal planning to eat healthy and GF. I am a fan of the 365 days of slow cooking blog site and she published a GF slowcooker cookbook a while back. I can't comment as to the health or calorie content of the recipes in her book, but thought you might want to take a look at it. Here is the Amazon link.......

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/140...SIN=1401310044

Guess I could have sent you this in a PM.... but maybe there are some other GF folks out there who might want to check this out!...................P

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: