Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2013, 02:27 PM   #76
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

The little change I have committed to this week is that I will eat more non-starchy veggies this week because my consumption of potatoes, sweet potatoes and squash has really crept up over the last few weeks. More cabbage, brocolli, carrots etc needed this week. I need a 2.5lb loss to get my next sticker at class, and it would be nice to get it before my birthday (a week Friday) if at all possible.

For those of you that want my veg chilli and baked bean lasagne recipes......I have them both as pdf files....anyone know if I can attach them in that format?? I also have them in word and publisher too!!!! Otherwise I can just cut and paste them.

Enjoying catching up with everyone at the moment as I was a bit out of it last month with work being so busy.

Good luck to everyone running this coming weekend...I'm going for a new PB in my weekly 5K, need a boost before my 1st ever 10K a week Sunday.
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #77
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
I noticed that we are still without a coach until tomorrow, so if no one minds, I will post a QOTD for today......

QOTD for Tuesday, November 5, 2013:

What is one little change you can commit to for this week that could add up to a BIG change on the scale?? Be sure it is something that you can really accomplish and hopefully stick with! Give it some thought!

.........................P
I have been working really hard on drinking water. It's more challenging at work, but I am getting in at least 32 ounces during the work day.

P--thanks for the links!
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2013, 05:26 PM   #78
Ohana 4
DIS Veteran

QOTD: for me this will have to be to get back on the healthy food kick. Since the refrigerator died, and we had an 8 day gap in coolant, we've been making more pastas, pizzas and sandwiches to get by. And now that we've had the fridge for 5 days, we haven't really gotten back to the meat and veggies meals like we should. SOOOOO, I'm focusing especially on healthy meals this week. Gotta get ready for the calorie-laden cruise I'll be on in 11 days!

Ohana
June 2011 Wonder Alaska (1st cruise)
March 2012 Fantasy W. Carib. (Maiden Voyage)
Oct. 2012 Wonder Hawaii (1st 2-week cruise)
Dec. 2012 Dream Bahamas (NYE)
Feb. 2013 Magic Cozumel (Grand Slam cruise)
Apr. 2013 Magic Cozumel (1st Gold Cruise)
July 2013 Dream Bahamas (With BFFs)
Nov. 2013 Wonder in Carib. (Fall Fun!)
June 2014 Wonder Alaska (A return to Paradise)
June 2015 Magic Norway/Iceland (A dream come true!)
Ohana 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:15 PM   #79
DisneyJillian18
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I noticed that we are still without a coach until tomorrow, so if no one minds, I will post a QOTD for today......

What is one little change you can commit to for this week that could add up to a BIG change on the scale?? Be sure it is something that you can really accomplish and hopefully stick with! Give it some thought!

I think I could stop eating all that left over Halloween candy!
I could really stop snacking in general!

I've eaten at 30 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (12%)
I've eaten at 21 out of 87 quick service/counter service restaurants at Walt Disney World (24%)
I've eaten at 8 out of 73 table-service restaurants at Walt Disney World (11%)
I've eaten at 0 out of 18 signature restaurants at Walt Disney World (0%)
I've eaten at 1 out of 3 dinner show restaurants at Walt Disney World (33%)

DisneyJillian18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:19 AM   #80
StacyMarie
DIS Veteran

I'm having a TERRIBLE week! I'm a stress eater and I've been stressed out dealing with some medical issues with my daughter. She is home this week from college due to being sick and needing to have some medical tests done. Not only am I worried about her being sick, but I'm worried about her getting behind! When I worry, I eat! Needless to say, I will probably be up in weight for the next weigh in!

Stacy Jay Natalee Sydnee
Disney's Pop Century August 2012 August 2011 Pop Century Disney's Polynesian August 2010 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort August 2009 Grand Floridian - October 1997
StacyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:32 AM   #81
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyMarie View Post
I'm having a TERRIBLE week! I'm a stress eater and I've been stressed out dealing with some medical issues with my daughter. She is home this week from college due to being sick and needing to have some medical tests done. Not only am I worried about her being sick, but I'm worried about her getting behind! When I worry, I eat! Needless to say, I will probably be up in weight for the next weigh in!
Sending you good thoughts and a big hug.
Just do the very best you can and most importantly, get back on the wagon once everything is resolved. Everyone has weeks like this. Hang in there and take care of yourself. Hope your daughter is feeling better soon.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:54 AM   #82
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

Good Wednesday morning everyone.

This will be a quick post since I forgot this morning that I am coaching.

Question of the Day

I am getting ready to start my day here at school. For some reason I can't really start until I have heard the soundtrack for Soaring.

Is there something that you need to do to start your day?
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:31 AM   #83
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
Just popping in to say hi. Busy day at work. Actually the whole week will be crazy. But I keep reminding myself that even if I don't get caught up at work I am getting on a plane Friday morning.The following week is a weekend away too. So lots to look forward to.

I was supposed to go to the gym for strength class today, but between work chaos and my back spasming last night, I decided to actually taper and just walk with Mike when he gets home so I get in at least a mile today. I am not very good at tapering, but in the long run if I take it a little easier this week, I will probably have a better race.

Helen--what is in the baked bean lasagna?

Ok, Mike is home so time to walk before it gets too dark.

Forgot to tell you what's for dinner : spaghetti squash with spinach cashew pesto. Yum!
Hope the back is feeling better, Rose! Soon you will be having a great time at WDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
If anyone needs recipe suggestions, I suggest the SkinnyTaste website. She has awesome recipes and if you do WW, the points are on there.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Good evening

This time change has me all screwed up. I was awake this morning at 5:00. I am hoping that I can get back in a groove and sleep a little later tomorrow and each day this week until I'm back to 6:00.

I have been feeling a little off today. Since Friday, I have been watching my carbs (mainly avoiding white breads, pastas, and sugar) and don't know if that's why. So, I did eat a sugar cookie and a bite size dark chocolate Milky Way today

I ended up not joining a new gym yet. Today was 50 degrees (yay!) and I wanted to get outside to walk with the dog. A nice 55 minute walk to the park, through the park, and back home was perfect. It was almost 4 miles and I had one happy dog! Tomorrow I have a pto meeting at 4:00 and Wednesday I workout where DS7 takes gymnastics. So, I think I'll join later this week.

DH took DS10 to his drum lesson, so I am going to run and get some laundry done. Have a great night.

Jill
Thanks for the reminder on Skinny Taste, Jill! I will have to go and check that out.

Time change is tough but I much prefer this one over spring.

Another busy week for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
My apologies AGAIN for being so MIA! With it being just a few days until the Wine and Dine Half, it seems like chaos has become the norm in my house. I just wanted to stop by and check in. Between work taking me into super-high-stress mode, suddenly developing a last minute earache (REALLY??),trying to get packed, and the dog ready to go to the neighbors, it feels like my head is going to explode. I won't have much opportunity to check in, so have a great week, keep those legs moving and the good food choices coming, and I'll see you all after the madness subsides! And Rose, I'll see you this weekend!
Kim, have a fabulous time at W&D! I know you will rock your race!

Quote:
MORNING ALL! Here I am, back from Minecon 2013! And of course, DS is sick... Probably mostly just over-tired, but he did feel a bit warm to me and has been complaining about a headache for about 24 hours now, so I let him stay home today.

Wow, that weekend went by quickly!! I can say here that I am PROUD of most of the food choices I made..... but we did have a big pizza splurge on Sunday night. We were tired and just didn't feel like making our way to DTD to hit a restaurant there. DS really wanted to buy a pizza and get comfy at the hotel with our dinner.... so that is what we did! And I had another small splurge yesterday with a few TB of cookie dough (darn that DH for buying it for DS!). But honestly, overall, I had a great weekend. Plus I got lots of walking in around the convention center and at IOA!

But of course, we did get our bit of "Disney Magic" with a monorail round trip around Epcot and the MK.... plus we got off the monorail at the MK and walked down to the entrance to just take in a bit of the sights, sounds, and smells. But it was SUPER WEIRD and a bit anti-climactic knowing that we weren't actually going IN the park.

We had contemplated dinner at Chef Mickey's.... and they actually had an opening when we stopped at about 7pm.... but we didn't commit to it and when we returned later about 8:30, they didn't have anything left. So we decided it wasn't meant to be.... plus I was hesitant to spend the $80 plus tip it would have cost! We did catch a glimpse of Mickey though!

Our last morning was spent at DTD (really just an hour or so) and that was really nice. The weather was nice and there was a bit of fall decor around, which I've never experienced before (I've only ever visited Orlando in January, April, May, and December). Part of the plan to visit DTD included some Christmas shopping for DD. She would like one of the new Vera Bradley Disney wristlets for Christmas.... and of course, they were sold out of those. Another thing that wasn't meant to be I suppose.

Home today to catch up on laundry and my WW work. I have my meeting tonight so I need to get ready for that. Plus I will take a walk outside today before I hit the shower.
Sounds like a fabulous time at MineCON and WDW. Sorry your DS is sick.

Quote:

My one little change is getting my behind out the door before work and doing my workouts -- my leg is s-l-o-w-l-y getting better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
The little change I have committed to this week is that I will eat more non-starchy veggies this week because my consumption of potatoes, sweet potatoes and squash has really crept up over the last few weeks. More cabbage, brocolli, carrots etc needed this week. I need a 2.5lb loss to get my next sticker at class, and it would be nice to get it before my birthday (a week Friday) if at all possible.

For those of you that want my veg chilli and baked bean lasagne recipes......I have them both as pdf files....anyone know if I can attach them in that format?? I also have them in word and publisher too!!!! Otherwise I can just cut and paste them.

Enjoying catching up with everyone at the moment as I was a bit out of it last month with work being so busy.

Good luck to everyone running this coming weekend...I'm going for a new PB in my weekly 5K, need a boost before my 1st ever 10K a week Sunday.
I know you can get that sticker and have a great race next week, Helen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohana 4 View Post
QOTD: for me this will have to be to get back on the healthy food kick. Since the refrigerator died, and we had an 8 day gap in coolant, we've been making more pastas, pizzas and sandwiches to get by. And now that we've had the fridge for 5 days, we haven't really gotten back to the meat and veggies meals like we should. SOOOOO, I'm focusing especially on healthy meals this week. Gotta get ready for the calorie-laden cruise I'll be on in 11 days!
Thank goodness your fridge went out while you were still here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJillian18 View Post

Quote:
So sorry for all the stress, StacyMarie! and good thoughts for your whole family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post

Question of the Day

I am getting ready to start my day here at school. For some reason I can't really start until I have heard the soundtrack for Soaring.

Once I'm sitting at my desk at work I do need to get my Disney music started before I can get any work done.

I think I am goofed up with the time change. Ever since I got up I thought today was Tuesday but it's actually Wednesday. That puts a crimp in my plans.
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:32 AM   #84
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Good luck to our Wine & Dine racers this week-end: Cam, Rose, Kim and Liz!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:54 AM   #85
DisneyJillian18
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Question of the Day

I have to have my breakfast! I don't function too well without it!
I love that you start off your day with Disney! I will need to start up something soon with Disney, maybe my favorite Good Morning song from a certain Magic Kingdom rope drop!

I've eaten at 21 out of 87 quick service/counter service restaurants at Walt Disney World (24%)

Old 11-06-2013, 08:06 AM   #86
DisneyJillian18
Mouseketeer

Good luck to all running in Wine and Dine this weekend! I so wish I would be out there with all of you! Just remember one step and a time, and your WISH family is here for you!

Old 11-06-2013, 08:29 AM   #87
dreamseeker9
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I hope your daughter feels better very soon. Don't be so hard on yourself. I also turn to food for comfort, it's really tough when anxiety gets amped up. Maybe try to do something kind for yourself, if you feel like eating but aren't really hungry, like a warm bath instead.

Quote:
Question of the Day

As soon as I wake up every morning, I pour myself a big glass of water and drink it while I journal. It always feels good to hydrate after sleeping, and it feels good to get in touch with my thoughts and feelings first thing in the morning, when it's all quiet and still, before the day gets too crazy.

My Disney Trip Reports:
A Big Blue World at AOA with the Fab Four - Nov. 2012 - AOA Finding Nemo suite
3 Weeks to plan a solo trip! - Nov. 2014 PTR
dreamseeker9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:55 AM   #88
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Quote:
Good luck to all running in Wine and Dine this weekend! I so wish I would be out there with all of you! Just remember one step and a time, and your WISH family is here for you!
Thank you ladies!!! That means ALOT to me!!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:12 AM   #89
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post

I'm with you on the starchy veggies.... maybe because it is fall?

Would you mind cutting and pasting them into a post on the Healthy Recipe thread? Then everyone could enjoy them!!

Wishing you "feet with wings" to get your new PB this week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
I have been working really hard on drinking water. It's more challenging at work, but I am getting in at least 32 ounces during the work day.

P--thanks for the links!
You are welcome and good job trying to get the water in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohana 4 View Post
So jealous of the cruising! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

I would say that an upcoming vacation would be plenty of inspiration to eat RIGHT before you leave!

Quote:
Be sure to have PLENTY of healthy OP snacks right there, up front in the pantry/fridge. It will make the choice a bit easier!

Quote:
First of all.... to your DD! My DD is a freshman away at school and I know how stressed she (and I) would be if she came home sick!

Next up, remind yourself that you need to stay healthy to help her!

Quote:
Sounds like a fabulous time at MineCON and WDW. Sorry your DS is sick.

It was a great time! I will post a few pictures later. He is back to school today and feeling much better. It was probably just exhaustion!

My one little change is getting my behind out the door before work and doing my workouts -- my leg is s-l-o-w-l-y getting better.

So glad your leg is improving!

Once I'm sitting at my desk at work I do need to get my Disney music started before I can get any work done.

I think I am goofed up with the time change. Ever since I got up I thought today was Tuesday but it's actually Wednesday. That puts a crimp in my plans.
Sorry that the time change is messing with you!

Quote:
I second that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseeker9 View Post
I hope your daughter feels better very soon. Don't be so hard on yourself. I also turn to food for comfort, it's really tough when anxiety gets amped up. Maybe try to do something kind for yourself, if you feel like eating but aren't really hungry, like a warm bath instead.

GREAT suggestions!!

As soon as I wake up every morning, I pour myself a big glass of water and drink it while I journal. It always feels good to hydrate after sleeping, and it feels good to get in touch with my thoughts and feelings first thing in the morning, when it's all quiet and still, before the day gets too crazy.
WOW... I'm impressed! That is a wonderful way to start your day off on the right note!

Morning all! I am home again today. I'll miss the $$ but the time at home is great. I spent so much time on my WW work yesterday that I didn't get any home chores accomplished, so today is laundry and vacuuming day!

A bit headachy and feeling like I might have a sinus/head cold coming on this morning, so I splurged on carbs for breakfast as a "comfort" thing. I had a bowl of "Vermont Morning 100% organic whole grain/multi-grain oatmeal plus" with an apple diced up and tossed in. It was delicious and just what I needed this morning. Lots of fiber and protein plus warm and sweet and cinnamon-y.

We had a heating oil delivery this morning... probably our first in a few months, which means the budget will be tight this month, so I'll be looking for some thrifty healthy recipes to help stretch the groceries in the house. I think I'll start by making myself a batch of some sort of bean soup. I can freeze it in batches and grab out a serving for lunch at home or at work. DH is away tonight, so tonight's dinner will probably be baked potato for DS and last night's leftover soup for me.

I do have plenty of meat in the freezer to get us through the month. It will just be the produce and dairy I will need to buy. For now I have 2 heads of lettuce, one tomato, one butternut squash, 1 lb. of fresh broccoli, a few sweet onions, some celery and about 8 apples on hand. I'll use the celery and onions in my bean soup along with a can of diced tomatoes. I'll probably make the broccoli to go with tonight's dinner and the apples are there for snacks. So I should make it through the next 48 hours.... maybe. I'll have to scour the freezer for a bag of frozen something for tomorrow night's dinner veggie!

Off to refill my coffee cup (although I should be moving to green tea by this point in the day). Then I will answer the QOTD!............._

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:19 AM   #90
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Question of the Day

Not anything in particular. If I played the soundtrack to Soarin' I'd end up stopped dead in my tracks! That music just makes me want to stop and remember our trip to DL in 2005!

While I really ENJOY my coffee and such, I could get moving without it if need be. But I would really miss that and my healthy breakfast!
.............................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: