Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2013, 08:25 AM   #316
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Congrats Knewton!! Great pictures.

I got glutened earlier this week from cross contaminated vegetable broth and it has been unfun. Oh well. Still got my mile in every day, and planning to hit the Y hard to finish out the month. Also had to come to terms with the fact that even if I have a great December I am going to finish the year up a few pounds--for I think the 2nd or third year in a row. Still down over 25 pounds from where I started in 2010. I have to keep telling myself that. I don't want to quit. But sometimes I do...if that makes sense. And sometimes I want to just quit and start over in January. But I think that's a bad decision too.

So taking one more day (today) to just kind of wallow in it (haha) and then going to make a plan for December.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:35 AM   #317
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohana 4 View Post
Well, right after tonight's dinner at the Melting Pot! But then it gets serious after that!
Yummy! Enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
Congrats Knewton!! Great pictures.

I got glutened earlier this week from cross contaminated vegetable broth and it has been unfun. Oh well. Still got my mile in every day, and planning to hit the Y hard to finish out the month. Also had to come to terms with the fact that even if I have a great December I am going to finish the year up a few pounds--for I think the 2nd or third year in a row. Still down over 25 pounds from where I started in 2010. I have to keep telling myself that. I don't want to quit. But sometimes I do...if that makes sense. And sometimes I want to just quit and start over in January. But I think that's a bad decision too.

So taking one more day (today) to just kind of wallow in it (haha) and then going to make a plan for December.
Sorry you weren't feeling so well. Down 25 pounds from a few years ago is awesome. I think most people (if not all) have experienced what you're feeling. I know I have. Sometimes is such hard work and you just feel like you need a break. Just don't break for the whole month of December. I know you can do it! You'll do great in December

Jill
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2013, 08:43 AM   #318
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Good Morning! It's the FINAL day of November Here's your friendly reminder to send in your weight. Thanks to Amanda for hosting November's challenge. We appreciate all the hard work!

QOTD Saturday, November 30

How was your November? In what areas were you successful? Is there anything you need to work on in December?

I'll be on later today/tonight after a soccer game and my family's Thanksgiving dinner

Jill
Old 11-30-2013, 11:38 AM   #319
araes2102
Mouseketeer

Hope everyone had an awesome turkey day and is doing well! I had a fine day, not great (which I attribute to trying to fit in visiting both families, watching the Cowboys game, and get out there for Black Friday shopping- um Gray Thursday?) but I did manage to eat only enough (well maybe a little more than "enough") but not overeat and stayed within my calorie range Had to work Friday and have to get the house clean this weekend... DD is turning 7 on Monday! Just gonna have family over on Mon night for cake and presents, will have a bday party next Sat.... Taking her, DS, and a handful of friends to see the movie Frozen, very excited about that!

Anyway, yes, please send in those weights! I will wait until tomorrow to update

Sorry that you were not feeling well Rose, but glad you are going to have a plan in place for Dec! 25 lbs IS amazing, I know it doesn't feel great to be up any lbs, but your accomplishments are amazing! You are persistant and can keep it up

Knewton - Great pics, amazing transformation!

Pam - I hope you are having an amazing time with your DD!

QOTD - I was successful in stayin OP for the majority of the month, though I do need to work on upping and changing up my exercise. I also think I did well by not feeling guilty when I ate something high in calories, I simply told myself I was giving my metabolism a boost and moved on! I still need to work on changing my relationship with food, and not thinking of myself as "dieting." I am proud of all the times I went to exercise, and the fact that I returned to my Mon and Wed night zumba classes, I hadn't realized how long it had been since I had gone! But I have missed my weekend hike for the past 2 weeks in a row! I WILL go tomorrow and start Dec off right!

Last edited by araes2102; 11-30-2013 at 11:48 AM.
araes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #320
araes2102
Mouseketeer

Ok everyone! We have completed our month! Congrats to all the losers and goodbye to all the pounds we lost! Let's keep it up through the holidays and finish the year strong It was wonderful hostessing and seeing all the progress everyone made... I didn't quite make my goal but I very pleased with what I have accomplished. Can't wait to get going in December

araes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:55 PM   #321
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!

I am so sorry, I haven't started the December thread yet!! I will try to get it up now!!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:48 AM   #322
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Jill, thanks so much for coaching over the holiday week-end!

Amanda, thanks for hostessing the November thread!

See you all on the December challenge thread!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:56 AM   #323
RoyalMom
Mouseketeer

Great Thanks to everyone here, thanks for this inspiration! Keep moving forward ;D

DH Me DD8 DD6 DS3
RoyalMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:54 AM   #324
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Morning all! Sorry I was missing from here for the last many days! Guess there's no reason to try to catch up now, as we are moving on to the December challenge! See you there!.............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: