Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2013, 11:39 AM   #151
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

Good Monday morning everyone. I graded some papers this morning and then I started sewing. Dh has been up on the roof fixing some shingles and a vent pipe that has been leaking into our family room. He is almost done. I will relax after he is done. It is the lower roof but I am still anxious.

Royalmom where in central jerseydo you live? I live in West Long Branch.

Have a happy and healthy day.
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:30 PM   #152
dreamseeker9
Mouseketeer

Happy Monday all!

Flossbolna, congrats on your NSV! That's terrific, what a great feeling that is.

lisah0711, thanks for the SP article.

QOTD: I'm active on SparkPeople - I track my calories daily. I use the weekends to plan my menu for the following week, get groceries, and cook food so I can have leftovers on busy weeknights. I also have been preparing my breakfasts and lunches to take to work for the most part. I need to cut back more on sodium, and lately I've given in to some temptations, so I need to cut back again on those in order to meet my goal for this month - 5 pounds to go! Workout-wise, I've picked up the intensity these last few days, I think I was getting a bit too comfortable in my routines, so I've been pushing harder. Overall, I'm still working on finding that balance of holding myself accountable while also taking it easy on myself when I do have a slip-up.

My Disney Trips:
Apr. 1980 - WDW, Dec. 1982 - WDW, 1986 - WDW, Feb. 1990 - WDW, Mar. 1997 - WDW - ASMu
Nov. 2000 - WDW - PO (French Quarter before it was FQ), Nov. 2012 - WDW - AOA- Finding Nemo suite (TR here)
Dec. 3, 2013 - Disneyland
March-April 2014 - WDW - CSR
dreamseeker9 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #153
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
G
I am a left coaster so it may seem like the QOTD are late for you east coast, and beyond, folks.

Sorry.... I didn't mean to imply you were late...

I can't help but notice that our thread is getting a tad quiet lately. It's a busy time of year, there are lots of temptations, and it's cold and the days are short. It's tough to maintain that focus and motivation that you need to continue your healthy lifestyle success.

Which leads me to the QOTD Monday, November 11, 2013: Do you feel like you are as serious about your healthy lifestyle as you need to be or do you feel like it could use a little improvement? If so, what can you strive for to get yourself where you need to be? It can be one of the ideas from the article or something else.

BRB with some replies.
I have definitely experienced almost ALL of these (except for the health issues, thank heavens!) in my lifetime of trying to lose/maintain weight!! It wasn't until I wrapped my mind FULLY around this being a HEALTHY LIFESTYLE CHANGE FOREVER that I was totally successful.

There was always an excuse of why I couldn't start/continue my "diet" right then (party, holiday, etc etc). I always thought that the "thin" people were just "lucky"... that it was "harder" for me than it was for them. What an idiot I was!

I wasn't totally committed to making the necessary changes. I wanted to (figuratively AND literally) have my cake and eat it too!! I wanted to find low calorie swaps for all of the high calorie treats that I didn't want to give up. It wasn't until I really decided that I wanted to eat HEALTHIER and not just "lighter" and that I wanted to eat to FUEL and HEAL my body did everything really fall into place!

As you all know, it is the exercise portion of things where I truly struggle the most and probably always will... but as long as I never give up, I will be successful!

Quote:
Pamela, hope that you are feeling better today! And your menfolk will not starve if left to fend for themselves for a day or two.

Belly is better and men didn't starve! Thank heavens for crockpot meals that I planned ahead! Thanks for asking!

Thanks for coaching, Dona, hope that you enjoyed your long week-end.

I would love to shot for all six US parks in one day some time, as Pamela suggested. That would make that crazy long flight between this side of the country and WDW a lot more tolerable. I think it would be fun to do all four parks at WDW in one day some time, too. I really love park hopping at DLR and park hop all the time at WDW.

I'll join you on that coast to coast adventure!!

I had a good WI at my different WW meeting on Saturday and am now down to my lowest weight of the year so far. It was interesting see another leader. It is good to have a backup for those days I can't make my regular meeting.

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS on that big news!!! I am so excited for you! Did you get goosebumps when you saw that number??

And I am very happy to report that I saw a new chiropractor last week and even after one adjustment I can tell that I finally going to find my running mojo again here very soon! I did 75 minutes on Saturday and that is the longest workout I've been able to do since August. So I am raring to go and have a great week!
YEAH for the run and DOUBLE YEAH for the new chiropractor! I am such a chiropractic-convert! Glad you are healing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Hi everyone!!

I missed you all - but the last 10 days or so have been so busy with the move! And work on top of that...

I hope I got through all the stress (oh and my birthday ) without too much damage. At least I feel like I did get quite some exercise with packing and unpacking and sorting through things. I have unpacked all the boxes, but things still need to be sorted more and so on. At least the new place looks like a home again! And a lovely one that I am very happy about!

I am really looking forward to having my kitchen back so that I can get back into a healthy eating routine. Also need to find a new exercise routine as I no longer can walk to work. I can bike, but currently my bike's light is not working properly and it is already dark when I get home from work. So currently I am taking the train home. I guess I need to go running more regularly again!! Need to figure out new running routes from the new place...

I had a lovely non scale victory last week - on my birthday on top! I was browsing a store as I need new pants. My old ones literally fell apart. I did not find the type that I wanted, but saw a very lovely pant suit for the office. And tried it on for fun. It turned out that the size 8 pants did fit very well! And then I tried on the matching jacket and looked at myself and nearly did not recognize myself. I always thought that pant suits did not fit me very well, they made me look boxy and fat. But this one made me look tall and slim! I liked it so much that I nearly bought it (would not have been wise since there are lots of expenses with the move this month...). In the evening I had dinner with a very good friend and I told her about it. And her comment was that she was not surprised because I do look tall and slim and that one can really tell that I lost quite a lot of weight! She knows about my weight loss efforts, but it was the first time that she told me that she could really notice a difference!!

QOTD:

I noticed recently that I am getting too lazy to track - and decided to restart with an effort to make sure to track every little thing I eat. If I know that I have to track it, it is so much easier to withstand the little temptations during the day!!

OH MY! SO much happiness to report! Happy belated birthday! I know it was a special day and that you were able to celebrate it feeling STRONG and HEALTHY and SLIM and VIBRANT! What a great gift you gave yourself this year!

Glad to hear you are settling into your new home! Wish we could throw you a housewarming party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalMom View Post
Greetings!

I just spent the last couple of hours reading this thread and (sort of) getting to know (and really like) all of you, soooooooooo - here's a little bit about me:

I'm a SAHM of 3, used to be pretty active until about 10 years ago when I busted up both of my legs in a car accident. I'm healed, but arthritic and crooked, under too much extra weight (sometimes having babies will do that, and too much pizza and wine I guess!).

My plan of attack has been to limit my calories and track everything I eat on MFP, walk at least 30 min. a day and see my chiropractor once a week to help put everything back where it belongs :D

Jumping right in:

"QOTD: Do you feel like you are as serious about your healthy lifestyle as you need to be or do you feel like it could use a little improvement? If so, what can you strive for to get yourself where you need to be?"

I think I am right where I need to be for now, staying disciplined but not beating myself up too much; I have found that in the past I had gotten obsessive and overthought everything, which tends to make me burn out too quickly. My mantra as of late has been "Slow and steady wins the race".

I hope everyone is having a good day - keep up the good work, rest when you need to, and hydrate!!!

<3
Welcome, welcome, welcome!! Glad to have a new "face" here! Sounds like you are right on track for weight-loss success!

Sorry for what you have faced in the past with your accident, but good for you for not letting it continue to hold you back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohana 4 View Post
I've been so distracted lately and haven't come to check this thread much! Getting ready for our cruise on Saturday.

QOTD: I feel like I'm doing well on my journey. Sometimes I think I'm being too strict with myself because I only eat what's on my idea of the plan and feel guilty to eat anything fun. But other times I feel like it's the way I should be because I'm making up for what I will be eating next week! Overall, I guess I'm doing fine. Always could use more water, of course.
Sounds like you are striking a balance between healthy OP eating and the occasional indulgence. Enjoy your cruise and (some) of the food onboard and be prepared to get right back on track the day you return home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
Good Monday morning everyone. I graded some papers this morning and then I started sewing. Dh has been up on the roof fixing some shingles and a vent pipe that has been leaking into our family room. He is almost done. I will relax after he is done. It is the lower roof but I am still anxious.

Fingers crossed that DH is done on the roof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseeker9 View Post
Happy Monday all!

QOTD: I'm active on SparkPeople - I track my calories daily. I use the weekends to plan my menu for the following week, get groceries, and cook food so I can have leftovers on busy weeknights. I also have been preparing my breakfasts and lunches to take to work for the most part. I need to cut back more on sodium, and lately I've given in to some temptations, so I need to cut back again on those in order to meet my goal for this month - 5 pounds to go! Workout-wise, I've picked up the intensity these last few days, I think I was getting a bit too comfortable in my routines, so I've been pushing harder. Overall, I'm still working on finding that balance of holding myself accountable while also taking it easy on myself when I do have a slip-up.
Sounds like you are definitely in line to meet this month's goal! Don't you love being prepared ahead of time for the work day?? What kind of stuff you do make?? I have a big pot of black bean soup/stew going right now. I will pack it up for my work lunches for the next two weeks or so. I'll leave a few in the fridge for this week (although the most I will work this week will be 3 days) and then freezer the remainder in individual portions.... easy to grab at the last minute and throw in my lunch sack with a fresh apple and a bottle of sparkling water.

Afternoon all! Well.... dinner is bubbling away in the crockpot, the aforementioned black bean soup is simmering on the stove top, and I made a balsamic reduction to stick in the fridge for another day. Two loads of laundry made it outside today, but only one dried fully (darn sun that kept disappearing!). The jeans and t-shirts are draped around the dining room to try to finish the drying process.

I made the decision NOT to head out today to the thrift store. Just not feeling into it and not really feeling the 40 minute ride each way. Right now I'm waiting for DS to get off SKYPE with his girlfriend and give me a hand putting the patio table and chairs into the basement for the winter.

Dug up my rosemary plant today. I will bring it inside for the winter and hopefully NOT kill it! I also brought in an annual flower that somehow has avoided the frost thus far! It probably won't last long inside, but I felt bad tossing it out while it was still trying to flower!

Did my menu planning for most of the week.... it wasn't too hard since tomorrow night no one will be home for dinner (I will make a sandwich or veggie burger for myself when I get home from my WW meeting... DH and DS will eat on their way to the robotics meeting), Wednesday night DH is gone so I am making my healthy homemade fried (brown) rice for DS and myself. Thursday night is stuffed zucchini boats and Friday is still in the air, but I'm thinking of some sort of spaghetti squash and hamburg casserole (guess I had better find or create that recipe!).

Got carried away buying veggies Saturday at the market and now I'm scrambling to figure out how we will eat them all before they head south! Guess I was hungrier than I thought when I shopped! I think for tonight I will make steamed broccoli and roasted green beans to go with the pork dish in the crockpot. I've never made it before, so I'm not sure exactly what will go best with it. I honestly think sweet potatoes would go well with this recipe, but I'm the only one who likes them.

TTYL.............................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #154
RoyalMom
Mouseketeer

hi hi hi!

Quote:
I have lived in Neptune, Ocean Grove, Red Bank, Highland Park and now I am in Jamesburg. (I still love Monmouth County the best!)

I had a really great walk through OG, Bradley, Avon and Belmar yesterday. I miss being close to the ocean! You're lucky!

now, pardon me...
I drank about 5 cans of seltzer and I think I'm gonna explode!

DH Me DD8 DD6 DS3
RoyalMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #155
huckleberrykate
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Which leads me to the QOTD Monday, November 11, 2013: Do you feel like you are as serious about your healthy lifestyle as you need to be or do you feel like it could use a little improvement? If so, what can you strive for to get yourself where you need to be? It can be one of the ideas from the article or something else.

BRB with some replies.
I do not usually answer the questions of the day, but this one really hit home! For the first time in my life I feel like I am completely on board with a healthy lifestyle and it is really starting to show! I do think there is always room for improvement and feel like sometimes I need to take a deep breath and realize there will be bumps in the road and may have to take a few detours. My husband and I were just having a conversation today about how he has never seen me at my current weight and we have been together for 15+ yrs. I have made so many positive changes in my life over the last 18 months and am so proud of what I have accomplished. I still have a ways to go and still have so many things I want to accomplish, but for the first time it really seems like they are not nearly impossible to reach. Thank you guys for being such inspirations and support!

huckleberrykate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:27 PM   #156
lisateaches
Mouseketeer

I guess I'd better introduce myself. I am an elementary school teacher. I've taught for 18 years. I have an 11 year old and 5 yr. old- both girls.I'm a little overwhelmed with how everyone on here keeps everyone straight. It seems a little daunting to me.
A long time ago I was super aware of nutrition and calories; I had to take a break. Like, a 15 year break. Now, I'm kind of playing around with it. It is hard for me to always plan every thing I eat, so I'm entering my food in at the end of the day. Since I'm adding it up at the end, I go over some days. I'm going to continue for a little while doing this to see if I can get closer to my target calories with good choices; not obsessive planning.
Today wasn't too bad. I ate some great choices, some not so good. And I'm only 123 calories over. I think my calories might be too low anyway.
2000 one day to MGM
2007- All Star Movie
2009-All Star Music
2011- Port Orleans French Quarter
2012- Port Orleans French Quarter
lisateaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:08 PM   #157
dreamseeker9
Mouseketeer

Welcome to the newcomers!

pjlla, I love to make soups as well. I made a great tomato soup a couple weeks ago and took that with some veggies on the side to work. For breakfast, one of my favorite things to make on a Sunday and then take to work all week are mini crustless quiches - I sautee whatever veggies I want, mix it with the eggs, milk, and some shredded cheese or even feta, add just a touch of salt and pepper, then scoop the mixture into a muffin tin and bake it. So great and very portable, I usually eat 2 for breakfast with a slice of GF toast. I also always take an afternoon snack to have at work, my favorite lately being either an apple or a pear with string cheese.

My Disney Trips:
Apr. 1980 - WDW, Dec. 1982 - WDW, 1986 - WDW, Feb. 1990 - WDW, Mar. 1997 - WDW - ASMu
Nov. 2000 - WDW - PO (French Quarter before it was FQ), Nov. 2012 - WDW - AOA- Finding Nemo suite (TR here)
Old 11-12-2013, 06:07 AM   #158
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Good morning all!

Sounds like folks are in a great place in their healthy lifestyle!

So let's talk about something else that is fun about this time of year -- comfort foods! Who doesn't like a nice bowl of comfort food on a cold and stormy night or after a hectic day of holiday preparations? We all deserve to eat well and as long as we are make good choices that we don't regret later there is nothing wrong with enjoying every bite of that comfort food.

Here is a list of five good for you comfort foods from a sparkpeople.com article called 15 Comfort Foods That are Good for you. I will share the first five and you can read the entire article here http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/...les.asp?id=198 if you want to see the whole list.

1. Bowl of oatmeal
2. Nut butter and honey (grown up version of PBJ)
3. Chicken noodle soup
4. Baked potato (make wise choices about toppings)
5. Meatloaf (some easy substitutions can make this a healthy choice)

Which brings me to the QOTD for Tuesday, November 12, 2013: What is your favorite comfort food? Is there a way you can make it more healthy or is it healthy already? If you have a recipe to share please post it on our recipe thread that can be found here http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=...35&postcount=1 and post a link in this thread.

BRB with replies and my own answer.
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:42 AM   #159
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Hi everyone!!

I missed you all - but the last 10 days or so have been so busy with the move! And work on top of that...

I hope I got through all the stress (oh and my birthday ) without too much damage. At least I feel like I did get quite some exercise with packing and unpacking and sorting through things. I have unpacked all the boxes, but things still need to be sorted more and so on. At least the new place looks like a home again! And a lovely one that I am very happy about!
Happy belated birthday to you, Magdalene!

And may I add Welcome Home! Glad to hear that the move is behind you and you are enjoying your new home. This is the icing on the cake of a great year for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalMom View Post
Greetings!

I just spent the last couple of hours reading this thread and (sort of) getting to know (and really like) all of you, soooooooooo - here's a little bit about me:

I'm a SAHM of 3, used to be pretty active until about 10 years ago when I busted up both of my legs in a car accident. I'm healed, but arthritic and crooked, under too much extra weight (sometimes having babies will do that, and too much pizza and wine I guess!).

My plan of attack has been to limit my calories and track everything I eat on MFP, walk at least 30 min. a day and see my chiropractor once a week to help put everything back where it belongs :D

Jumping right in:

"QOTD: Do you feel like you are as serious about your healthy lifestyle as you need to be or do you feel like it could use a little improvement? If so, what can you strive for to get yourself where you need to be?"

I think I am right where I need to be for now, staying disciplined but not beating myself up too much; I have found that in the past I had gotten obsessive and overthought everything, which tends to make me burn out too quickly. My mantra as of late has been "Slow and steady wins the race".

I hope everyone is having a good day - keep up the good work, rest when you need to, and hydrate!!!

<3
Thanks for joining our group! Way to jump right in and start chatting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohana 4 View Post
I've been so distracted lately and haven't come to check this thread much! Getting ready for our cruise on Saturday.

QOTD: I feel like I'm doing well on my journey. Sometimes I think I'm being too strict with myself because I only eat what's on my idea of the plan and feel guilty to eat anything fun. But other times I feel like it's the way I should be because I'm making up for what I will be eating next week! Overall, I guess I'm doing fine. Always could use more water, of course.
Bon voyage! Enjoy every minute and have a wonderful time!

Quote:

Hope your landing after your long week-end is smooth today, Dona.

Quote:
Happy Monday all!

Flossbolna, congrats on your NSV! That's terrific, what a great feeling that is.

lisah0711, thanks for the SP article.

Sounds like you are doing great!

Pamela, glad that you are feeling better! That was a tough bug that you had. Glad your menfolk survived, too. Your stew recipe sounds like perfect comfort food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckleberrykate View Post
I do not usually answer the questions of the day, but this one really hit home! For the first time in my life I feel like I am completely on board with a healthy lifestyle and it is really starting to show! I do think there is always room for improvement and feel like sometimes I need to take a deep breath and realize there will be bumps in the road and may have to take a few detours. My husband and I were just having a conversation today about how he has never seen me at my current weight and we have been together for 15+ yrs. I have made so many positive changes in my life over the last 18 months and am so proud of what I have accomplished. I still have a ways to go and still have so many things I want to accomplish, but for the first time it really seems like they are not nearly impossible to reach. Thank you guys for being such inspirations and support!
Isn't that a wonderful feeling? Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisateaches View Post
I guess I'd better introduce myself. I am an elementary school teacher. I've taught for 18 years. I have an 11 year old and 5 yr. old- both girls.I'm a little overwhelmed with how everyone on here keeps everyone straight. It seems a little daunting to me.
A long time ago I was super aware of nutrition and calories; I had to take a break. Like, a 15 year break. Now, I'm kind of playing around with it. It is hard for me to always plan every thing I eat, so I'm entering my food in at the end of the day. Since I'm adding it up at the end, I go over some days. I'm going to continue for a little while doing this to see if I can get closer to my target calories with good choices; not obsessive planning.
Today wasn't too bad. I ate some great choices, some not so good. And I'm only 123 calories over. I think my calories might be too low anyway.
Tracking and analyzing is a great way to start! Kudos to you for making changes that are liveable and will last for the long haul!

Quote:
Which brings me to the QOTD for Tuesday, November 12, 2013: What is your favorite comfort food? Is there a way you can make it more healthy or is it healthy already? If you have a recipe to share please post it on our recipe thread that can be found here http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=...35&postcount=1 and post a link in this thread.
My favorite comfort food is homemade macaroni and cheese. I grew up on the stuff in the box but my mac and cheese is healthier and tastier with skim milk, a bit of butter, and smaller amounts of more flavorful cheese, and my secret ingredients: nutmeg and chile powder. Yum!

Time to head off to the the gym so I will be there when it opens at 5 a.m. That feeling that you have walking back out at 5:50 a.m. and being done with your workout -- priceless!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:47 AM   #160
dreamseeker9
Mouseketeer

Good morning, everyone!

Quote:
QOTD for Tuesday, November 12, 2013: What is your favorite comfort food? Is there a way you can make it more healthy or is it healthy already? If you have a recipe to share please post it on our recipe thread that can be found here http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=...35&postcount=1 and post a link in this thread.
I love chicken noodle soup for comfort food. I've found a great gluten-free canned version, or I make my own but with rice instead of noodles - that way, it's also lower in sodium.

I also love Italian food. There are some decent gluten-free pastas, but I've been using lately spaghetti squash in place of pasta - it makes a ton, it fills me up, and it adapts well to whatever I'm serving with it.

I also sometimes really like having breakfast for dinner as a way of comfort food - usually eggs, some kind of lean meat, and GF toast.

I do miss soft, warm bread though, especially rolls or biscuits - GF bread just doesn't compare!

My Disney Trips:
Old 11-12-2013, 11:10 AM   #161
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Quote:
Here is a list of five good for you comfort foods from a sparkpeople.com article called 15 Comfort Foods That are Good for you. I will share the first five and you can read the entire article here http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/...les.asp?id=198 if you want to see the whole list.

1. Bowl of oatmeal
3. Chicken noodle soup

well I guess for a comfort food that isn't that bad is my new way of making Shepards pie using mostly mashed cauliflower in place of the potatoes.. even my Hubs eats it that way..
but if I am stress eating comfort food then all I want is a bowl of white jasmine rice with butter and salt or some tortilla chips and salsa or maybe some white toast with butter and jelly..

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me and the Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = Aug 18, 2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:07 PM   #162
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckleberrykate View Post
Sounds like you are really on a roll. My DH and I are both are pretty much our all-time low "married" weights right now and it feels GREAT that we are both there! You are right.... those things you want are NOT impossible to reach!~ You are well on your way to getting them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisateaches View Post
I applaud you for teaching for 18 years. It is a daunting job and takes great skill and the patience of Job. I salute you!!

Wow... a 15 year break is a long time! But you are back on it now!!

Quote:
Welcome to the newcomers!

pjlla, I love to make soups as well. I made a great tomato soup a couple weeks ago and took that with some veggies on the side to work. For breakfast, one of my favorite things to make on a Sunday and then take to work all week are mini crustless quiches - I sautee whatever veggies I want, mix it with the eggs, milk, and some shredded cheese or even feta, add just a touch of salt and pepper, then scoop the mixture into a muffin tin and bake it. So great and very portable, I usually eat 2 for breakfast with a slice of GF toast. I also always take an afternoon snack to have at work, my favorite lately being either an apple or a pear with string cheese.
I've made those little egg pattie things before for DD.... not sure why I never think to make them for myself! They are really yummy. Maybe I'll make up a batch next time I have a chance! Thanks for the reminder.

Quote:

1. Bowl of oatmeal
3. Chicken noodle soup

Steel cut oats are a huge comfort "treat" type food for me. I made them last week when my belly was acting up and YUM! Peanut butter is another comfort "treat" for me... so obviously that list was right on!

I make soups and stews a LOT in the colder weather and find them really comforting on a daily basis. For lunch today I finished up the mulligitawny soup and it was even better today. I'm going to make it again soon. My broccoli cheddar soup is super comforting as well. The recipe is on the healthy recipe thread if anyone is interested!

Quote:

Pamela, glad that you are feeling better! That was a tough bug that you had. Glad your menfolk survived, too. Your stew recipe sounds like perfect comfort food.

Yesterday's pork recipe for the crockpot was THREE THUMBS DOWN! So needless to say it was NOT comforting and the recipe will NOT be appearing on our recipe thread!

My favorite comfort food is homemade macaroni and cheese. I grew up on the stuff in the box but my mac and cheese is healthier and tastier with skim milk, a bit of butter, and smaller amounts of more flavorful cheese, and my secret ingredients: nutmeg and chile powder. Yum!

Time to head off to the the gym so I will be there when it opens at 5 a.m. That feeling that you have walking back out at 5:50 a.m. and being done with your workout -- priceless!
I haven't had that feeling in a long time and I actually miss it! Good for you! And I'll be looking for that mac and cheese recipe!!

Quote:
G
I love chicken noodle soup for comfort food. I've found a great gluten-free canned version, or I make my own but with rice instead of noodles - that way, it's also lower in sodium.

I also love Italian food. There are some decent gluten-free pastas, but I've been using lately spaghetti squash in place of pasta - it makes a ton, it fills me up, and it adapts well to whatever I'm serving with it.

I also sometimes really like having breakfast for dinner as a way of comfort food - usually eggs, some kind of lean meat, and GF toast.

I do miss soft, warm bread though, especially rolls or biscuits - GF bread just doesn't compare!
Breakfast is definitely a comfort meal! Sorry you haven't found a decent GF bread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post
well I guess for a comfort food that isn't that bad is my new way of making Shepards pie using mostly mashed cauliflower in place of the potatoes.. even my Hubs eats it that way..
but if I am stress eating comfort food then all I want is a bowl of white jasmine rice with butter and salt or some tortilla chips and salsa or maybe some white toast with butter and jelly..
My DH's shepard's pie recipe is really yummy, but I haven't made it recently because DH can't/won't eat the potatoes OR the corn.... so what's the point? But her recipe includes NUTMEG in with the ground meat and makes it SO tasty!

Happy Tuesday all! I'm running late now, of course, to head out and pick up DS and get to my meeting for tonight! Ran around doing errands and such this morning and didn't get home until after 1pm. But I hit a great score at the Goodwill. I'll share the story later tonight! TTYL.................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:20 PM   #163
araes2102
Mouseketeer

Our participant list is updated!

Congrats to all the losers I am really impressed with our participation and all the great work everyone is doing! And for those who didn't show a loss this week, keep going, your hard work will pay off!

araes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:16 PM   #164
DisneyJillian18
Mouseketeer

Monday's QOTD
I am not as serious as I should be, I give myself a lot of slack because "I'm only 20" and I'm young and have a "high metabolism" but that is no excuse! I should be focusing on my health at any age! I hope to make this better by just simply trying harder. Not ordering spinach and artichoke appetizers
choosing healthier suppers, and not buying junk food!
BRB with some replies.

I've eaten at 30 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (12%)
I've eaten at 21 out of 87 quick service/counter service restaurants at Walt Disney World (24%)
I've eaten at 8 out of 73 table-service restaurants at Walt Disney World (11%)
I've eaten at 0 out of 18 signature restaurants at Walt Disney World (0%)
I've eaten at 1 out of 3 dinner show restaurants at Walt Disney World (33%)

DisneyJillian18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #165
DisneyJillian18
Mouseketeer

Tuesday's QOTD:

Yay! One of my comfort foods is chicken noodle soup, so that's a good one!
But unfortunately being from the South, I have quite a few unhealthy ones as well!

Fried chicken, I know how stereotypical!
Any alfredo pastas! I guess I can try to make a healthy version!
Mac and cheese is a favorite of mine!
Roast and green beans, at least the green beans are healthy!
Chocolate! Nothing healthy there, ( I don't like dark chocolate)
Seafood! This actually fairly healthy if you eat it without melted butter or dipping sauce, so yay again!
Baked potato soup! I have seen healthy recipes of this one, so I will have to try it!
And lastly, I love my local Chinese restaurants Egg Drop Soup! I don't think it's overly unhealthy, besides the sodium!

There are plenty of recipes that I can try and make my favorites healthier, so hopefully I can try them out soon!
Have a great Tuesday!

I've eaten at 30 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (12%)
I've eaten at 21 out of 87 quick service/counter service restaurants at Walt Disney World (24%)
I've eaten at 8 out of 73 table-service restaurants at Walt Disney World (11%)
I've eaten at 0 out of 18 signature restaurants at Walt Disney World (0%)
I've eaten at 1 out of 3 dinner show restaurants at Walt Disney World (33%)

DisneyJillian18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: