Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2013, 09:38 PM   #1
kaitala
Earning My Ears

What happened to all the restaurants for 2014?

We just got back from our trip, and enjoyed having the Deluxe plan.

However, in looking at the 2014 pdf, there are so many restaurants that are not on it!

I'm not an experienced DISboard participant and this is only our first trip.

Will more be added later?

We absolutely LOVED Fultons, and there is NOTHING in Downtown Disney listed now for Signature.

And the epcot list has gotten very short, too.

I'm sure we could still find plenty to eat, but I don't know if we'd go deluxe with the short list they have now.
kaitala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:41 PM   #2
Random Ninja
DIS Veteran

This happens every year. The non-Disney owned restaurants won't have their contracts finished until later this year. They'll be back on sometime later this year or early January at the latest. I wouldn't worry about restaurants not showing up yet as there's only been one restaurant that went off the dining plan and it came back on this year.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2013, 03:15 PM   #3
kaitala
Earning My Ears

Whew! Thanks for that!

We found the DxDDP worked really well for us and would do it again when we return, but only if the selection of restaurants is the same.

We live by Six Flags Great Adventure, and have their dining plan for Great Adventure and Hurricane Harbor with our season passes. Not all of the restaurants, nor all of the items on the menu, are available for purchase with their dining plan, so I am glad that Disney is not moving toward that model.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #4
mj333
Earning My Ears

I love the idea of deluxe, but it just works out to be too much food. After a couple days we are just stuffed.
mj333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:41 PM   #5
thebadger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj333 View Post
I love the idea of deluxe, but it just works out to be too much food. After a couple days we are just stuffed.
I have to agree with that, when we booked and seen the options I wondered how me and my family could possibly eat all the credits provided in the Deluxe plan. I'm not knocking anyone for using it but you must seriously like your food to go Deluxe
Old 11-05-2013, 04:10 PM   #6
hoffmase
Earning My Ears

i agree. the deluxe plan looks great but i just can't see my family eating that much on our trip. I think it would get to the point where you were spending most of your time in restaurants eating trying to use up the prepaid credits, rather than enjoying the parks.
hoffmase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #7
hhill
Mouseketeer

Rainforest cafe at AK is not on it and I was wondering the same thing.
hhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:18 AM   #8
kaitala
Earning My Ears

After this trip, we would do Dx, and if you did the 3 meals a day, plus snacks, yes, it could be overwhelming....

However, there is a significant difference between counter service meals and table and signature. The two times we ate counter service we both wound up with mcdonals's quality meals and gastro-intestinal consequences.

The way in which we'd use the Dx is either breakfast or lunch, and signature dining at night or a signature lunch and table at night. The quality of the signature meals far surpasses even table service, in our opinion.

On our last day, we had lunch at Fulton's. I had stuffed lobster for lunch. AMAZING! Le Cellier had superlative service and steaks that were out of this world. Artist's point was incredible with such a unique menu. My daughter liked CRT a lot. Polynesian's Spirit of Aloha was fun and the food was good.

In contrast, I found that Coral Reef didn't have a great selection for a seafood restaurant. Be Our Guest was adequate for me and kid, but hubby got the lamb and it was gamey and undercooked.

Ugh, the counterservice place by the Country Bear Jamboree was one of the intestinal issue inducing spots. Not to mention we had to wait in line, jostle around, wait for a table at which to eat, not fun. The room service pizza was the other bad experience.

We went during Food and Wine, and had a blast with the snack credits. I must have eaten 5 lobster tails, can you tell I like seafood? Cheese plates, empanadas, shrimp tacos, yum! And there was SO much we didn't even get to try!

Yes, there was a lot of food in our visit.

However, we did do plenty of Park stuff. The fast pass + helped ensure we got the things we wanted, we stopped to do some other things. We learned a lot about our child, 6 year old girl, too. We did character meets, rides and such.

For her, the most favorite thing she did? The Tomorrowland Speedway Go-Carts. We have go-carts here not 15 min from the house, so it was pretty disappointing that each and every time someone asks her what her favorite part of disney was, it wasn't celebrating her b-day at CRT, it wasn't the makeover at BBB, it wasn't the character meets and signatures, it was the Go-Karts.

We waited in line for the Winnie-the-Pooh ride. She liked the outside play stations, and then spent the whole ride looking at her socks glowing in the blacklight. Totally missed the Pooh ride.

Her next favorite thing was the AK Wilderness Explorers thing. She wanted to do Agent P's adventure, but that was very strict on the time commitment thing, as it was explained to us, and we chose not to. She's a hands on, experiential kid.

And she doesn't like thrill rides at all, even the Barnstormer was a no-go. She hated us for taking her on test track (thought it would be okay as it's just a car) and freaked on Mission Space:green. Loved Soarin' though. Go Figure.

Anyway, for us, most of what she likes can be our 3 fast passes for the day, then the rest involves free time walking around and some of the free play type areas. We aren't a family who would need to hit the more popular rides, stand in line for character meets, etc. So it would work for us. I completely understand how it wouldn't work for families who do like to hit all the rides, get all the character meets, etc. It is a little time consuming.

Maybe when she's older she'll like more of the rides and such. Til then, she'll get her adventures and we'll get our food and wine and signature dining!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: