Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2013, 04:13 PM   #16
foxxxy83
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the post about which character meals you're doing... any chance you could do me a favour and post up a quick review once you've done them?? My DS is VERY big on character M&Gs so that's going to be MAJOR part of our holiday each time we go Can't wait til hear more of your trip!
foxxxy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:59 PM   #17
MrRomance
Planning and Plotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxxxy83 View Post
Thanks for the post about which character meals you're doing... any chance you could do me a favour and post up a quick review once you've done them?? My DS is VERY big on character M&Gs so that's going to be MAJOR part of our holiday each time we go Can't wait til hear more of your trip!
I am planning on doing a more detailed day by day full trip report in the trip report section with pictures and all that good stuff. But if you have any questions, shoot me a PM and I'll do my best to answer them. We have done most of the character meals over the years, just a couple we haven't got to yet

So we taking some down time before we head over to meet friends in Winter Park for the T or T extravaganza so I thought I'd fill in on our day 2 so far.

It was EMH at MK this morning and we got there at 8am. We went over to Tomorrowland and rode Buzz, Space Mountain, Tomorrowland Speedway, the People Mover and Carousel of progress.

Just so anyone going in the next few days with Magic Bands is aware, you can still double dip with regular FP too. They told us when we checked in we could do it and we tested it today and it works.

We headed over for breakfast at Crystal Palace for our 9.50 ADR and had about a 10 minute wait. Managed to see 3 of the 4 characters and fill our bellies! We were out of there at around 11.15 and headed to BTMR and Splash. We rode BTMR standby with a 5 minute wait (which wasn't really a wait, just the time it takes to walk through the line ) and then used our KTTW cards at Splash to check if we could indeed double dip with regular FP. Popped the cards in and boom 3 paper FP for Splash for 12.05 - 1.05.

We had FP+ for Mickey at Toon Town Hall. Met a lovely lady with 2 little girls on a Make a Wish Trip. We played high five and peekaboo with the girls and chatted about their experience. Yesterday, someone was mean to them when they skipped a line (these are terminally ill kids!) and the CM ejected the person from the park! I honestly do not understand people some times. They were adorable kids and without wishing to ignite a GAC/DAS debate because I've had my say on that already I was disgusted to hear how these poor people were treated. Before I go I want to take or send some gifts over to Give Kids The World so they can continue their work and when we move we'll be volunteering there regularly!

After picking up our Sorcerer cards, we headed back to ride Splash and then hit up New Fantasyland for a while. Our other 2 FP+ selections were Princess Fairytale Hall (both sides) have to say Rapunzel was absolutely awesome and took her own sweet time with each and every child.

Then it was time for Gaston's Tavern for a frosty beverage and a look around the Storybook Circus. We didn't do much in New Fantasyland but look around but we're looking forward to exploring more later in the trip when we eat at BOG.

Tonight is T or T at Winter Park and then back at the resort. We have really got a lot done. Crowds are good, on a par with when I used to come at this time of year back in the late 90's and early '00's. All the complaining I've been hearing is really quite ridiculous in my opinion because we haven't waited more than a few minutes for anything. We'll see how things go but I honestly think some people aren't happy unless they're moaning

More tomorrow....
MrRomance is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2013, 05:30 PM   #18
tinks_1989
need a like button

Following along I don't normally read live TR but SSR in your title and caught my eye. I love your first few updates already!

I cant wait to hear about the Trick or Treating and the Disney updates of course :D
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:27 PM   #19
foxxxy83
DIS Veteran

Awesome, thanks! Don't worry though, won't bug you when you're on hol! Sounds like you're all having a whale of a time already! Shame on the person who was ignorant enough to say ANYTHING bad about the terminally ill children... I mean, seriously! What's the world coming to?!?! :shocked
Old 10-31-2013, 06:33 PM   #20
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Awesome, thanks! Don't worry though, won't bug you when you're on hol! Sounds like you're all having a whale of a time already! Shame on the person who was ignorant enough to say ANYTHING bad about the terminally ill children... I mean, seriously! What's the world coming to?!?! :shocked
We heard about it AK when we queued to meet Donald then chip and dale. A father with his son must have been 3 at the oldest queued in line just like the rest of us. The CMs with the characters said to him he didn't have to he could come right up he refused he said he had some choice words from another gentleman in the queue for king Louie and it upset his son. I felt awful that some one could be so rude. The only thing I can think it that some people may not now what a wish child for example is. They may not know this child is terminally ill. Just feel it's some one cutting in. But still either way doesn't make it right.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:45 PM   #21
foxxxy83
DIS Veteran

Too right it doesn't! And true, some people maybe just thought "hey up, here's someone trying to push in" but part of me thinks that's just wishful thinking on our part as Make A Wish is a pretty well known organisation that has been going for decades and well documented in the national press... a lot more so than say the Starlight Foundation which do the same thing. Either way though, it's just plain wrong. No other way to put it is there?? :head shake
Old 10-31-2013, 08:17 PM   #22
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Too right it doesn't! And true, some people maybe just thought "hey up, here's someone trying to push in" but part of me thinks that's just wishful thinking on our part as Make A Wish is a pretty well known organisation that has been going for decades and well documented in the national press... a lot more so than say the Starlight Foundation which do the same thing. Either way though, it's just plain wrong. No other way to put it is there?? :head shake
No there certainly isn't. I follow make a wish on Facebook. Incredible charity x
Old 11-01-2013, 01:56 AM   #23
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Great to catch up. Sounds like a fab start. There are some wicked evil devils out there who think they have the right to be selfish and mean. Hope he falls head first out of TOT for upsetting that poor Child.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:49 AM   #24
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

I'm so looking forward to hearing about your proper trick or treat experience.

Did they have Halloween activities at the resort, or did you not really spend enough time there to see what was on offer last night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbie1 View Post
Hope he falls head first out of TOT for upsetting that poor Child.
Please remind me to stay on your good side
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:44 AM   #25
MrRomance
Planning and Plotting

Sugar Rush For A Month...

So we're up and awake, ready for a fairly quiet day today. We are going to the final MNSSHP tonight and we want to have a relaxed day so we can stay until midnight (hopefully!)

Last night was a blast. Long story short, because we are planning to move to the FL next year, we've been following the lovely Parker family through their blog & Facebook who have recently moved from Texas to Florida (Taking the Florida Plunge - if you want a link send me a PM). Last night, we drove over to their house and took DD real trick or treating in Winter Park with them. DD had a wonderful time with new FL BFF and collected half a pillowcase full of candy! People were so kind and her accent won her a lot of extra candy

On the down side we didn't plan our meals very well, we had a big breakfast at CP and didn't feel ready to eat before we left, but got chit chatting and didn't end up leaving until way after 9 and DW doesn't do well with missing meals. She was pretty rough last night with nausea and the journey back to SSR was a stop start affair but all was well in the end.

I'm so glad we decided to meet up with the Parker family, such lovely people and such a pleasure to spend time with them. We plan to meet up with them again at their blogger meet on the Boardwalk.

So, on to today. DD is still sleeping after running around with the Parker kids late last night. First stop when she wakes up will be breakfast so DW can refuel her system and then a pool day probably. It's supposed to be a hot day today (90+) so a relaxing day by the pool is defintely a smart move.

We'll be heading to MK for a 4pm at Crystal Palace for dinner and hopefully we'll catch T,I double G, ER today. First stop at the party will be Jack and Sally!

DD will be Claudine Wolf from Monster High
DW will be Red Riding Hood
I will be Abu

I'll post pictures on my TR I promise!

Thank you to everyone following along and if you have any questions I'll try to catch them all and answer them for you as I go but if I miss your question, PM me and shout at me because I am kinda updating on the fly and I might miss something
Old 11-01-2013, 09:36 AM   #26
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Always Leecxx
Old 11-01-2013, 10:01 AM   #27
Nubbedy
I was born without a 'Hidden-Mickey-spotting' gene
ºoº

Wow, you have fitted some fab experiences into just a few days already! Will be following the rest of your trip.

Sara My Disbuddy is kristieuk
Disney World - July 2006 (ASMo), Aug 2007 (ASMo), Apr 2008 (Pop), Aug 2009 (POFQ), Aug 2010 (POFQ), Oct 2011 (POFQ) Aug 2012 (POFQ) Aug 2013 (POFQ)
Disneyland Paris - Jan 2007 (NY), Oct 2008 (Ch), Feb 2010 (Ch), Feb 2011 (Ch), Aug 2011 (SL)
Feb 2012 (Ch) Dec 2012 (Ch) Feb 2013 (Ch) Feb 2014 (Ch)
Nubbedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:55 PM   #28
Tony Bush
DIS Veteran

loving the reports.... keep em coming

Tony Bush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #29
queendisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRomance View Post
DD had a wonderful time with new FL BFF and collected half a pillowcase full of candy! People were so kind and her accent won her a lot of extra candy

Hope you've got extra luggage space for all that candy plus the extra you're gonna collect at MNSSHP

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:19 PM   #30
MrRomance
Planning and Plotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by queendisney View Post
Hope you've got extra luggage space for all that candy plus the extra you're gonna collect at MNSSHP
CM told us that tonight is the last party and to prepare because they have to give out all the candy and tend to hand you truck loads of it. I'm thinking of employing a US concept I found out about last night... the "Switch Witch". Apparently, people tell their kids if they leave their candy out for the switch witch she'll take it away and replace it with a toy or gift card. I guess it's a lot cheaper than the dentist bill

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: