DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2013, 06:33 PM   #1
Rich C
Earning My Ears

My Disney Experience for DVC

Like many, I am a bit confused about using My Dis Experience with DVC. I have two My Dis accounts, don't ask me why. But I recall a conversation I had with customer service where they told me I should use one account for DVC-related reservations and activity, and the other if I visit WDW without using DVC points (i.e., paying cash). Has anyone else had this experience or been told this? Anyone else have two accounts?

I am planning a DVC trip in February, but now I am paranoid about which of my two accounts to link the ressies, magic bands, etc to.

Thanks for any help.

Rich
Old 10-30-2013, 07:00 PM   #2
Skrutti
Mouseketeer

Yes I had to set up a new account with help from member services! They told me to use the old account for everything else Disney and the new for DVCmember.com! But you can link the reservations in your my Disney account for your other profile. Nothing happens with your reservations on your DVC account.
Skrutti is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2013, 07:00 PM   #3
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

Yes, I'm right there with you! And this is the way they wanted it a year or so ago. Not so much now.

We traveled to WDW in early October at which time I tried to 'combine', merge, or link my 2 accounts. I spoke with member services who told me to log into MDE and the DVC website with only one ID: my DVC ID. I had already made some dining reservations which would only show up using my 'other' ID. I called Disney IT dept - waiting on hold forever who told me to access each account, select to 'share' information between the two accounts and I'd be good. - WRONG. I have since phoned member services back and had a delightful CM who was able to - in effect - disable one account. She was quite patient with me as we worked through the steps necessary to accomplish this task. Today I have one account linked with all my DVC info, reservations and park tix - even the vouchers for our December trip. DH and I have had great fun planning the various FP+ events and selecting our colors for our Magic Bands.

Call member services when you have the time necessary to spend to get this sorted out. If you don't have a knowledgeable CM, call back. It can be done. Good luck to you.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:03 PM   #4
Rich C
Earning My Ears

thanks for the info, was hoping to avoid a long talk with customer service, but maybe it cannot be avoided!
Old 10-30-2013, 08:15 PM   #5
DenLo
DIS Veteran

You need to add your DVC ID under your profile for DMX. It is located under Other Affliations. The Club ID number is not your DVC Member number but the number assigned to you. You will find that number on the DVC MS website under My Membership, My Profile, DVC ID Number.

Quote:
Affiliations
By adding an affiliation to your profile, you may be entitled to receive special offers, other benefits or renewal reminders.

Disney Vacation Club Member
View Perks and Discounts
Club ID Number: 9999999.9
After doing that you will be able to link your DVC reservations to DMX. I also noticed that I can logged in to either the WDW website or the DVC MS website with either login.

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:32 PM   #6
Rich C
Earning My Ears

thanks! do you think i should add that number to the MDX account that shares the DVC user ID and password, or to the account I was told to use for non-DVC activities? (I am guessing the former?)
Old 10-30-2013, 08:43 PM   #7
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

My Disney Experience is a nightmare. Don't worry too much about what you think is the way to do it. Try something to get the phone number and then call the IT Help Desk folks. They are the only ones who can make the website work...sorta.

Linkages are the weak link of the website. Once you get those done, you will only encounter about a 40% failure rate with what you're trying to do.

Typical Disney IT.
JimMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:05 PM   #8
DenLo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich C View Post
thanks! do you think i should add that number to the MDX account that shares the DVC user ID and password, or to the account I was told to use for non-DVC activities? (I am guessing the former?)
I used my DVC user account as the idea was to link it to your regular WDW account. So far I have not had many problems (one day sometimes disappears and reappears). We arrive at WDW in a week. I guess I'll know more then. Right now we have FP+ set like we want and some ADRs.

I just think it's a lot of work for each vacation. And not many folks will want to do it.

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: