Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2014, 08:40 AM   #1456
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
D, safe travels and have wonderful DIS meets. I'm sorry Mark is in Vegas and I made other plans BEFORE I knew you were going to be here having dinner with Mo and her hubby.
Yep i asked if She would like to come by for Pizza and beer.. this woman is busier then i am!!!!
Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:40 AM   #1457
lovedonaldduck
DIS Veteran

Glasses are so expensive!!!! I know that I need a new presciption but I have been putting my appointment off because I don't want to shell out the money for glasses.

You have quite a to-do list today! I do too - last work day before vacation! I'm sure I will be MIA next week, unless I get some DIS time in when Charlotte is napping.

I hope the road trip goes well and you have safe travels. Enjoy the time with Josh and your DIS meets. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Bon Voyage!
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2014, 08:40 AM   #1458
Restrasz
Mouseketeer

I love to see new places! Have a wonderful trip!
Restrasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:58 AM   #1459
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

I am so excited to see you on Monday! Just got done printing out the directions and maps so I'm ready to go. Yeah, I'm not anxious or anything.

"Eye ball place" Not sure why but that struck me as very funny and made me LOL.

I totally feel the pain on the glasses thing. I only wear mine in the mornings and right before bed as I do contacts most of the time. But the pair I have is going on 5 or 6 years old now and are in pretty bad shape. I'm afraid I may have to break down and get a new pair when I go for my yearly exam at the end of this month. I know they are necessary but that's a few less Pluto items I can buy next time I go to WDW.
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:56 AM   #1460
Terkina
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you have more than enough to do yesterday and today. How irritating that you had to spend all day looking for glasses. How great that you finally found some.

Have a great road trip

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Terkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:59 PM   #1461
sewmess
DIS Veteran

Wow - all day on a glasses roundup. Been there, done that.

Have fun on your trip and enjoy the nicer weather. I don't have fond memories of Knoxville, but that was because I was there for a job that I ended up leaving about a month later. So, not a good trip, really. But yours will be better! And Tennessee is a lovely state.

Now planning for 2014 - 10th Anniversary
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS
sewmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:09 PM   #1462
solana131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
Suzi, I saw you post about a trip with your Grandmother on Mo's PTR and I see your signature but we need some details.
Sorry Liz, but I BARELY have time to keep up with the few threads I am subscribed to right now. I have a TR going and I can NEVER get on there. The chances of a PTR are slim to none with my new job and Avon. I'm not saying it won't happen, just not promising

Safe travels D and Josh! Can't wait to hear all about it

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
solana131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 06:08 AM   #1463
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkercc View Post
Hey D,

Have a great time on your road trip. I'm bummed that I won't be able to meet you. I think every time we have a vacation planned, the teachers that my kids have plan tests and projects that are due before we leave! Have fun eating the things that you usually don't!! If you get the chance, try Garrett's popcorn while you are in town. My hubby surprises me on rare occasions and brings it home from his commute from the city. Seriously the best popcorn ever! Wishing you safe travels!! I am putting V's patterns in the mail today.
No worries - I wish we could meet too, but I totally understand. This trip was so last minute, I was just happy that a few people were able to make it work.

I hope you have a great trip! And thanks so much for the patterns, V will love them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

D is coming TOMORROW!!!!!!!!! and with JOSH!!! I am overly excited!!!!!

no pictures of my house.. LOL!!!
Yup - we are leaving in a few hours... I am so excited too! I cannot wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimeg16 View Post
Have a great road trip!
Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
D, safe travels and have wonderful DIS meets. I'm sorry Mark is in Vegas and I made other plans BEFORE I knew you were going to be here having dinner with Mo and her hubby.
Thanks Kathy. I am still bummed that we can't meet - but I totally understand that you have other plans. I am just happy we were able to meet in WDW last Aug - so, at least we have met once. Our paths will cross again, I am sure of it.

And please accept my sincere apologies... I fell way behind in your TR (and Brenda's too) - I was hoping to get caught up yesterday, but my day was a serious whirlwind. I will have my tablet with me -so hopefully I can catch up while I have down time on our trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
Yep i asked if She would like to come by for Pizza and beer.. this woman is busier then i am!!!!
Busier than you? No way... Didn't think that was possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedonaldduck View Post
Glasses are so expensive!!!! I know that I need a new presciption but I have been putting my appointment off because I don't want to shell out the money for glasses.
I know! They really are. Both Josh and I need new ones this year too. I rarely wear mine, but it's getting to the point where I should be wearing them all the time.

Quote:
You have quite a to-do list today! I do too - last work day before vacation! I'm sure I will be MIA next week, unless I get some DIS time in when Charlotte is napping.
Yah - And I was able to get most of it done. I hope you have a fantastic trip!!!

Quote:
I hope the road trip goes well and you have safe travels. Enjoy the time with Josh and your DIS meets. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Bon Voyage!
Thank you - me too. Safe travels to you - as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrasz View Post
I love to see new places! Have a wonderful trip!
Thanks Ruth! I hope you are doing well! I was so happy to see your post this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
I am so excited to see you on Monday! Just got done printing out the directions and maps so I'm ready to go. Yeah, I'm not anxious or anything.
I am sooooo excited too! I cannot wait! I told Josh that all of you were going to gag him and tie him up (then I paused, while he became excited about the prospect) then added "to make him a Disney lover"... So, you all have quite the task in front of you.

Quote:
"Eye ball place" Not sure why but that struck me as very funny and made me LOL.
That's too funny, because V said the exact same thing when I said that out loud the other day.

Quote:
I totally feel the pain on the glasses thing. I only wear mine in the mornings and right before bed as I do contacts most of the time. But the pair I have is going on 5 or 6 years old now and are in pretty bad shape. I'm afraid I may have to break down and get a new pair when I go for my yearly exam at the end of this month. I know they are necessary but that's a few less Pluto items I can buy next time I go to WDW.
The only reason it doesn't bother me, is that we are reimbursed through FSA, so it's only painful for a little while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina View Post
Sounds like you have more than enough to do yesterday and today. How irritating that you had to spend all day looking for glasses. How great that you finally found some.

Have a great road trip
Thanks Lillian! I will try to check in when I can... Who knows, maybe I will do some live updates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
Wow - all day on a glasses roundup. Been there, done that.

Have fun on your trip and enjoy the nicer weather. I don't have fond memories of Knoxville, but that was because I was there for a job that I ended up leaving about a month later. So, not a good trip, really. But yours will be better! And Tennessee is a lovely state.
Thanks Ruth! I am excited to see it... I've never been further south than Iowa and Wisconsin - by car, anyways. So, I am really excited to see all of these places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Sorry Liz, but I BARELY have time to keep up with the few threads I am subscribed to right now. I have a TR going and I can NEVER get on there. The chances of a PTR are slim to none with my new job and Avon. I'm not saying it won't happen, just not promising

Safe travels D and Josh! Can't wait to hear all about it
Love you Suzi... I wish you didn't live so far East... I would stop in to see you too. Just excited that we get to have an EPIC Dismeet in a few more weeks.

Yesterday was just plain crazy, not even sure I want to write all about it?

First, I had to drive up to Minneapolis with Josh, to drop him off to pick up the Bug from the dealership...

On the way home, I stopped at Target, then another Target, then the grocery store, then a clothing store... I wanted one new pair of capris for the trip that actually fit me... All of them that I own are a) just small enough on me that I'd look weird (aka: muffin top) or b) really out dated. So, I bought myself one pair of capris... It took me forever to find the right size, and I think I put on and took off the same pair in 2 different sizes about 60 times. The smaller size fit, but it was tight, and that was the same issue I had with all of the pairs I had at home. In the end, I went with the bigger size.

Me wearig the smaller size (and see, you get a progress picture out of the deal too...)

Then I came home and started to do a bunch of food prep for myself for the week. I chopped up a bunch of fresh veggies. I also cut up some fruit. I cut a small block of cheese. I roasted a bag of raw almonds. I roasted a sweet potato. Then, I packed my food bag with apples, oranges, bananas, my favorite seltzer water... No fast food for this chickie this week.

I still need to pack my cooler this morning. What's going in there, you ask? Well, the cheese I cut yesterday, the veggies and fruits, beef jerkey and beef sticks from the meat market. Josh's creamer and a water for me. I feel like I am missing something though?

By then, I had to drive Josh's truck up to his work and meet him. He won an auction for some trim for our windows - and he had the Bug... Super excited, because now we can FINALLY finish our windows... It's been almost 6 years! Gulp!

Came home, made dinner, packed...

Then Gus came over... We all played Mario Kart and watched some TV.

Then bed.

Nope, I didn't make it into my sewing room at all yesterday. I am very disappointed in myself. This means I will have to work like crazy when I get back.

I also have a few pictures to share from V's glasses adventure from the other day...

These are the 2 pairs she picked...

This first pair is a cute Vera Bradley pair... This was the very first pair she tried on, and I just love them on her... They are so girly.

And this was the last pair we found. Surprisingly, this is my favorite pair - they are just so cute on her, and really bold.

And, of course - we all had to goof off and take a picture of all of us wearing gasses. The issue I have now, since I've lost so much weight in my face, almost every pair of glasses I tried on looked really cute on me... So, when I get new glasses this year - I will have to opposite problem I've had in years past.

And finally... If any of you are out driving in the next few days... Keep your eyes open for Josh and I... Honk lots and wave! This is our Chariot to TN... (Please ignore my filthy Edge parked in front of it - it needs a bath in the worst way!)

Again, I will try to update as we go along... I may even do some live updates if I am bored... Considering I am now pretty good at posting pictures from my phone, and it will give me something to do on the road. However, I will not be doing replies this week, but I will read along.

Have a wonderful week everyone! Sending out prayers and pixie dust to all who need it.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:50 AM   #1464
ljcrochet
DIS Veteran

Have a safe and amazing trip.
ljcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:35 AM   #1465
Restrasz
Mouseketeer

Drive safe and have a great trip!
Restrasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:09 PM   #1466
solana131
DIS Veteran

Oooh, a Turbo even

Old 03-16-2014, 05:43 AM   #1467
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Good morning everyone! Checking in from Mo's...

Gotta say that I LOVE this family!!! To drive 6 hours and be welcomed with giant smushy hugs from the entire family (dogs and children included) - well there is just nothing better than that. The Midgets are just as adorable in real life as they are here, and I just love them!

Our trip yesterday was uneventful. Which is just how I like it.

We stopped in Maddison for lunch at Texas Road House... I had a steak - it was lovely!

Then we hit Chicago... I've never been south of Wisconsin/Iowa by car... So this is all new to me... And it's so much fun in the Bug. The Bug has a bit of giddy-up.

We arrived at Mo's house just on time... And we were welcomed with open arms, big squishy hugs, and lots of furry welcomes too - I loved it. I've "met" Mo's fur family here so many times, but wow... I just LOVE them all! The kids even brought Stevie down for me to meet... I've been dying to meet Stevie for ages, but I have to say - that I am in love with Lex... I keep begging him to be a lap dog for me - but he is too well behaved.

I thought I would share a few pictures for you all from yesterday...

These were on the border of Wi/MN near the town of LeCrescent... It was just beautiful.

Then, once we arrived... I was introduced to Stevie...

And Josh and I hanging out in Mo's livingroom...

Would you believe, after most of yesterday afternoon/evening here - I don't have one single photo of Me n' Mo together? Seriously disappointed in myself. We will be taking photos this morning... and some of the Midgets too.

Gotta get moving though, we have to be on the road in a little over an hour... Need to have one of the Midgets wake Mo and Josh too, so we can hang out a bit this morning. And I still need to get ready.

I hope you all have a fantastic day, and thank you for letting me share my Epic Dis Journey with you all.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:26 AM   #1468
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

I love the pictures of the snow icicles. It seems like winter is never going to go away.

If you are driving through Chicagoland on the Tri-State tollway - 294, you'll be going past our "neck of the woods". We don't live too far from the Hinsdale Oasis.

Have a great trip.

Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:41 AM   #1469
Terkina
DIS Veteran

What a great welcome you got at Mo's. Have a nice trip

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Terkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:51 AM   #1470
solana131
DIS Veteran

Looks like a great quick visit. Ok, Lex is the Great Dane, right? Trying to get them all straight. There's Lex, Logan and.......the Sheltie's name????? Grrr...I should know this! Well, I'm glad you found your way into the big city in one piece Can't wait to hear about the rest of your voyage!

Tags
august, bags, park bags, sewing, weight loss

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: