Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-05-2014, 10:53 AM   #1381
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran
 
Iamthequeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Just north of the Mason Dixon
Posts: 1,012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedonaldduck View Post
Charlotte's appointment went ok. The doctor put her on daily Nasonex for the next 3 weeks to see if we can get the fluid completely out of her ears without surgery. I am embarassed to share this, but my DISfriends are always supportive and rarely judgmental - so here goes. Until yesterday, Charlotte still had a bottle of milk a couple of times a day - despite her being nearly 2 1/2. I fessed up to the doctor at her 2 year appointment and he wasn't overly concerned about it so neither was I. When I started reading about tubes after her last appointment, I found out that falling asleep with a bottle could contribute to ear problems. The doctor confirmed that yesterday and said she is way too old to still have a bottle so last night Charlotte had to give all her bottles to the babies (we threw them away) because she is a big girl now. It took much longer to get her to sleep last night and she was up for about an hour and a half in the middle of the night needing cuddles but overall, she's doing better than I expected. She's still asking for her bottle but not throwing too much of a fit when we tell her no.

I don't know why I let her keep the bottle for so long - she was much more attached to it than Peyton and I think part of it is knowing that she's my last baby so I still baby her a lot more than I should. At least this one is behind us now. Hopefully we'll get the sleep back on track ASAP - I do not do well with interrupted sleep! I feel like a zombie today!

Hope Target goes well. Work and Disney planning are on my agenda for today.
You do what you need to do. She should forget all about her bottle soon. Just keep emphasizing that she is a "big" girl now and not a baby.

I'm going to the doctor's this afternoon. Not feeling great, sore throat and deep cough. No fever though, so that's something.

Have a good Target day.
__________________
If my daughter is the "Princess", I must be the "Queen"!
First ever PTR!
10 Days of Fun in the Sun
Wait.....we're staying where? and when??

2001 - All Star Movies; 2010 - POFQ; 2011 - POFQ; 2013- Caribbean Beach
Iamthequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:02 PM   #1382
lovedonaldduck
DIS Veteran
 
lovedonaldduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 688

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthequeen View Post
You do what you need to do. She should forget all about her bottle soon. Just keep emphasizing that she is a "big" girl now and not a baby.

I'm going to the doctor's this afternoon. Not feeling great, sore throat and deep cough. No fever though, so that's something.

Have a good Target day.
She's doing better without the bottle than I expected. We will get through this.

Feel better!
__________________
lovedonaldduck is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-05-2014, 01:31 PM   #1383
babynala
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,626

Well, my Dr appt went well. She was very happy with all of the changes I have made over the last year. According to my Dr's scale, I am down just shy of 40 lbs, so I was happy with that. I did talk to her about my diabetes concern, she did look me over and added the A1c (Not sure what it's called, but it's my average glucose #s over the last 3 months) test to my blood work. She did tell me, that if I am even close to being diabetic, the way I am eating is PERFECT (which I knew), but she suspected that my numbers would be just fine, due to the way I am eating. So, hopefully she is right. We should have results in a few days.

D~ this is awesome. Such big changes and I know your changes in eating habits will lead to good results for your blood work.

I was looking through your album on FB with all your creations and I saw the change in your body from 2012 until 2013. That was a big change that I didn't notice over time when you posted pictures but looking back and comparing you can see the transformation. Not to mention the comparison between then and now. Your efforts are paying off!!!! Then looking at all your bags all I have to say WOW. You have created so many unique items. I kept saying "that's may favorite". And I didn't realize Ariana had such a collection of your bags, I will keep my eyes out on her TR in hopes of spotting them all.

Love your calendar page. You always do such a nice job with your trip planner. Your plans look great. Be Our Guest on your last night will be a nice finale to the trip. I know you guys will enjoy your time at the water parks. I loved everyone's Mickey ear hats but couldn't tell Alli's theme - is it Jasmine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedonaldduck View Post
I don't know why I let her keep the bottle for so long - she was much more attached to it than Peyton and I think part of it is knowing that she's my last baby so I still baby her a lot more than I should. At least this one is behind us now. Hopefully we'll get the sleep back on track ASAP - I do not do well with interrupted sleep! I feel like a zombie today!
Glad Charlotte seems to be doing OK with not having the bottle. I think it was a good idea to toss them out so there is no way to cave and go back. I know I probably would! Hope she is feeling better too.
__________________
Me (Liz) DH DD (12) DS (9)


babynala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:34 PM   #1384
Sweetly
Mouseketeer
 
Sweetly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 94

Finally able to check in. So much going on. I have been studying for a state exam and studying takes up most of my free time. With that said, I cancelled out trip. So disappointed, but it was a good reason. My nephew who is being deployed asked us to see him off. Which means a four day whirlwind trip to do so. He means the world to me and how can I tell him no.
Every bag is just beautiful. Glad if was able to see them on FB. Also, D you look GREAT! so glad your dad is doing well. LOVE the calendar.
You have begun the dating phase.....it's nerve racking! After two years I still haven't adjusted to it. You have raised beautiful young ladies, so don't worry too much.
Off to finish a few things. Sorry I have been MIA....will try to be on more often!
Thoughts, prayers and warmer weather to all!
Sweetly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:18 PM   #1385
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland
 
ladylyons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Ramon, CA
Posts: 1,475

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I wish this is what the girls wanted to do... Oh well - it sounds like Alli is wanted to apply at Target for the summer.
Maybe between now and then Alli will change her mind. At least she's thinking Target. Maybe you guys could work the same time to cut down on driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
6 months is a very long time... I am so relieved that you don't have it this time.
Yes it was a horrible time. I was never happy and always crying and just felt trapped. Because at the time it was so hard to get out and do anything by myself with 2 very young kids. They wanted to put me on medication but I kept refusing. I told them I would not take it because I was afraid once I was on it I would never go off of it and I saw how out of it my mom was when they kept making changes to her medication and I didn't want o be like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Hahaha... I know, right? I am really starting to notice in the width of my upper body... My shoulders are more "bony" under my sweatshirts, and my back/waist is getting narrow.... but my behind... Still waaay out there. LOL I figure - eventually - it has to start slimming.
Hopefully you start seeing more changes in the behind too!! It is great all the healthy changes you've made and all the weight/inches you've lost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
It did, but I got nothing else done at all.
Well it looks like a good reason why you didn't get much done. Glad your appointment went so well and hope you get those results back soon for both you and V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Woohoo!!!!!!!! This is sooooo awesome!!! I am so happy for you - great job!!!
Thank you!!! I couldn't have been happier when she told me that everything looks great and I don't have to do the test again for another year.
__________________
Me (36) , DH (39), DS (7), DD (5), DS (3), DS (Born 1/18/14)


What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:07 AM   #1386
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!
 
DMGeurts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: DON'T feed the children!
Posts: 7,786

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
Hey!!!

I have been missing.. But i have a ton of things going on! KNow that i am reading and i love your plans!

Congrats on the Doc as well!!! You are doing fantastic!!! LOVE YOU!


Gus Gus= Eddie Haskell???

JUST KIDDING!!!!
Hahaha... Thanks Mo! I know - it's crazy everywhere - trust me! Love ya too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedonaldduck View Post
Charlotte's appointment went ok. The doctor put her on daily Nasonex for the next 3 weeks to see if we can get the fluid completely out of her ears without surgery. I am embarassed to share this, but my DISfriends are always supportive and rarely judgmental - so here goes. Until yesterday, Charlotte still had a bottle of milk a couple of times a day - despite her being nearly 2 1/2. I fessed up to the doctor at her 2 year appointment and he wasn't overly concerned about it so neither was I. When I started reading about tubes after her last appointment, I found out that falling asleep with a bottle could contribute to ear problems. The doctor confirmed that yesterday and said she is way too old to still have a bottle so last night Charlotte had to give all her bottles to the babies (we threw them away) because she is a big girl now. It took much longer to get her to sleep last night and she was up for about an hour and a half in the middle of the night needing cuddles but overall, she's doing better than I expected. She's still asking for her bottle but not throwing too much of a fit when we tell her no.

I don't know why I let her keep the bottle for so long - she was much more attached to it than Peyton and I think part of it is knowing that she's my last baby so I still baby her a lot more than I should. At least this one is behind us now. Hopefully we'll get the sleep back on track ASAP - I do not do well with interrupted sleep! I feel like a zombie today!

Hope Target goes well. Work and Disney planning are on my agenda for today.
First - I hope Charlotte feels better soon - hopefully this new medication helps. Secondly - I would never judge anyone for how they choose to let their child sleep. I did exteneded breastfeeding with the girls - back in a time when kids were supposed to be weaned at NO MORE than 1 year... I was such a rebel. I don't think that having a bottle in bed is the worst thing in the world, honestly... I won't even tell you how old I was before I stopped sucking my thumb... HOpefully she does well with out it, and you are back to getting a full nights sleep in no time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthequeen View Post
You do what you need to do. She should forget all about her bottle soon. Just keep emphasizing that she is a "big" girl now and not a baby.

I'm going to the doctor's this afternoon. Not feeling great, sore throat and deep cough. No fever though, so that's something.

Have a good Target day.
I sure hope you are feeling better Tess, and I hope you have meds in you now, so you are not sick on your trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedonaldduck View Post
She's doing better without the bottle than I expected. We will get through this.

Feel better!
This is good to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
[COLOR="Blue"]=D~ this is awesome. Such big changes and I know your changes in eating habits will lead to good results for your blood work.
Thanks Liz... I did get my results back, I will post them below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
[I was looking through your album on FB with all your creations and I saw the change in your body from 2012 until 2013. That was a big change that I didn't notice over time when you posted pictures but looking back and comparing you can see the transformation. Not to mention the comparison between then and now. Your efforts are paying off!!!! Then looking at all your bags all I have to say WOW. You have created so many unique items. I kept saying "that's may favorite". And I didn't realize Ariana had such a collection of your bags, I will keep my eyes out on her TR in hopes of spotting them all.
Thanks Liz... Some days I really feel/see it and some days I just don't. I suppose that's what keeps me motivated.

Yah- I am shocked at how many bags I have out there now... My favorite part is to see them used and to hear about all the pixie dust that people receive when they carry them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
[Love your calendar page. You always do such a nice job with your trip planner. Your plans look great. Be Our Guest on your last night will be a nice finale to the trip. I know you guys will enjoy your time at the water parks. I loved everyone's Mickey ear hats but couldn't tell Alli's theme - is it Jasmine?
Thanks! I love doing them... and in this digital age - I am not sure how many more I will actually print to carry... I'll probably just upload them to my phone?

I am excited for BoG... THankfully, it's one more meal that's NOT a character meal.

Alli's ear hat is the Haunted Mansion... Someone here on The Dis (can't remember her Disname - and not sure if she still does it) let me use her faces/ear hats to make my own, and even though some of our favorites have changed, I am too lazy to go back and try to find new ear hats. LOL


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetly View Post
Finally able to check in. So much going on. I have been studying for a state exam and studying takes up most of my free time. With that said, I cancelled out trip. So disappointed, but it was a good reason. My nephew who is being deployed asked us to see him off. Which means a four day whirlwind trip to do so. He means the world to me and how can I tell him no.
Every bag is just beautiful. Glad if was able to see them on FB. Also, D you look GREAT! so glad your dad is doing well. LOVE the calendar.
You have begun the dating phase.....it's nerve racking! After two years I still haven't adjusted to it. You have raised beautiful young ladies, so don't worry too much.
Off to finish a few things. Sorry I have been MIA....will try to be on more often!
Thoughts, prayers and warmer weather to all!
Hi Lynee!!! So glad to see you! Bummer about cancelling your trip -but I agree, that is a very good reason to do so. Our thoughts and prayers are with your nephew - please keep us updated if you can.

Thanks - for the bag and body compliments. I've been working hard, both in my sewing room and in my "weight room"... I love, now that it's getting closer to shorts season, my legs are really starting to look awesome... Hopefully they will be even better once shorts season actually arrives.

Yah - I sure hope that dating goes well - there are just so many things that go through my mind... I just keep tellng myself that I have two great girls and I need to learn how to trust their choices... It's not always easy though.

THanks for stopping by - it's great to see you and see that all is well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Maybe between now and then Alli will change her mind. At least she's thinking Target. Maybe you guys could work the same time to cut down on driving.
That would be nice... Unfortunately, Target doesn't always schedule as nicely as we would like them to. So, we will have to see... More than likely - it will mean 2 full trips to town every day - approx 1 hour for each trip...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Yes it was a horrible time. I was never happy and always crying and just felt trapped. Because at the time it was so hard to get out and do anything by myself with 2 very young kids. They wanted to put me on medication but I kept refusing. I told them I would not take it because I was afraid once I was on it I would never go off of it and I saw how out of it my mom was when they kept making changes to her medication and I didn't want o be like that.
I cannot imagine how hard that must have been for you. Very relieved you made it through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Hopefully you start seeing more changes in the behind too!! It is great all the healthy changes you've made and all the weight/inches you've lost!
I hope so - LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Well it looks like a good reason why you didn't get much done. Glad your appointment went so well and hope you get those results back soon for both you and V.
Yup - I have my results back, but not V's yet. I will post them below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
hank you!!! I couldn't have been happier when she told me that everything looks great and I don't have to do the test again for another year.


************************************************** ********

First things first...

I got my bloodwork results back - everything is normal and perfect! My Dr. even included a note back to me saying how proud she was and to keep up the good work. How awesome is that?

Still waiting on V's results - I think I will be calling the Dr's office today.

Very long Target story ahead... So you can skip if you want to.

Target went reasonably well yesterday... However, I did get the pleasure of meeting the worst guest I have ever had. It's a super long story... Essentially - she came into electronics in a huff - I was helping another guest, so one of my co-workers (who doesn't normally work in electronics) stepped in to try and help. The guest wanted a laptop that was in our ad, so my coworker went to look for it... There wasn't a spot for it on the floor or a tag anywhere. We are the smallest Target store ever, and it's very common that we don't stock everything that's in our ad. So, once I finished with the guest I was helping, I stepped in to help my co-worker, and this guest was already irate saying "tell me in your ad where it says you don't carry it at this store!"... So, my co-worker found the spot at the back of the ad... You know... prices subject to change, availability varies by store... yada, yada, yada... Well this guest was ANGRY... And to top it off - she was a vendor... Just really horrible to us. So, I walked back by the laptops, confirmed that we didn't have a spot for it - with out a spot or a tag, we have no way of looking it up in our system, because we have no numbers to look for. Well this guest wanted my manager, which I was happy to produce... All the while repeatedly telling my co-worker and I that we have "given her the worst "piss-poor" service she has ever received anywhere". Anyways... My manager came over - and this lady was just as bad to her... Ripping my coworker and I apart every chance she got... In the end, my manager had to call another store, get the numbers, look them up in our system - indeed, we did have ONE laptop in our store... Then this lady was even ANGRIER - because we were too lazy to go look for it and find it ourselves. Seriously... In my defense... with out the numbers - there is NO way to find an item in our stockroom, it's just too massive - and like items are not stored in one specific spot... So even if I was to physically go back there and LOOK - I could be climbing the aisles all day long searching for one thing. Anyways... She got her lap top... I listened to her rip my coworker and I apart the entire time my manager was escorting her out of the store. She was horrible - horrible... and a VENDOR - someone who comes into our store and works for Target in a round about way... Flabbergasted. Anyways... I didn't get in trouble.... I did everything I could have done... but she sure made me upset - I always take things like that very personally. Oh well...

After work - I took the girls for a hair cut... Both of them just wanted a "trim" - so that's what they got.

Then we came home... When Josh got home, he decided he didn't want frozen pizzas for dinner - so he took us out to Applebees. That was nice... I ordered myself a steak... It was VERY salty - almost too salty. I'd order it again, but next time, I'll ask them to leave the seasoning off.

Then..................

The Road Trip idea happened.

So... Josh's dad bought a car up here this week. Josh's dad currently resides in Knoxville. He was going to have the car shipped, but on the way to dinner last night, I jokingly told Josh that we should escape and bring the car to him... Which set the idea in motion. Josh was like... Hmmm... When do the girls have spring break? It's not next week, but the following week. Hmmm... So, they could stay with BFF... We could find a neighbor to take MM, and we could drive to Knoxville. Then I got to thinking - I have a few good Dis friends who live in TN (Oopsi, Liddy and Lynn) - I could do a Dismeet or two on this trip. Then, we could come home via Chicago and we could stop to see Mo.

There are still a LOT of logistics to work out... Priority #1 is to find a neighbor who wants MM for a week. Priority #2 is I have to find someone to work my Target shift that week. I am scheduled off in my sewing room next week - but I could do the bag for the following week a week early, and that would take care of that conflict.

We would drive Josh's dad's new car down (A VW bug... LOL) and then drive his pick-up back (because he wants his truck at his house up here)...

We cannot leave any earlier than the 15th, and we have to be back by the 20th, as we have a banquet we have to be home for on the 21st.

Josh and I are kind of excited about this... We have NEVER taken a trip anywhere alone before (well, since we've had the girls anyways) - so I think it would be a lot of fun.

I will keep you all updated.

Ok - must get to working out and lifting... I need to lock myself in my sewing room today and catch up from the other day. Have a wonderful day everyone - Prayers and good thoughts to all of you today.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:38 AM   #1387
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran
 
Chicago Mo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Chicago Illinois
Posts: 4,094




yeah i am totally cool with it...




HA HA HA HA

crap i gotta clean my house...
__________________
Me DH DD Meg (9) DS Matt(9) DS Zack (9)
1978 Contemporary ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 POR 1st trip report ~ 2014 crazy PTR ~
*Watch out Dumbo, there's a new circus coming to town PTR*

Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:00 AM   #1388
jedimeg16
Mouseketeer
 
jedimeg16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 268

I'm sorry you had such a horrible customer at Target. I have worked in food service and as a bank teller before, so I know how when people are already in the mindset that something will go wrong that it goes from bad to worse very quickly. It makes me even more grateful that I can stay at home with my boys for the time being while they are little.

And yay for a road trip! That sounds like a lot of fun!

I wonder how many DISers live in the Chicago area? I'm in a far north suburb, but we have a Metra line that takes us straight into the city, and I know KatMark is a Chicagoan too - I hope it works out to meet her sometime in the summer when Mark umpires in the suburb I live in.
__________________
Disney Trips: '89 Contemporary, '90 CBR, '94 CBR, '98 ASSports, '02 ASSports, Spring '04 College Program, Summer '05 College Program, '07 Honeymoon ASSports, '13 AoA

'Ohana Means Family - My first TR
jedimeg16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:09 AM   #1389
lovedonaldduck
DIS Veteran
 
lovedonaldduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 688

I hope the road trip works out! How fun to get away just the 2 of you! It's so hard once you have kids to do that anymore but it's so worth it when you can make it happen.

Charlotte did a little better last night. She took a long time to settle down, probably until about 10, and I had to try everything - we watched TV in my room, we laid on the couch and watched TV, then finally I decided to lay with her in the spare bedroom (she's still in a crib so I can't just climb in bed with her). We both ended up sleeping in the spare bedroom all night. Not ideal, but she did sleep through the night once I got her down. I'm going to consider it a small victory and hope we can make a little more progress each night. I think I need to go back to the drawing board on her bedtime routine so I can increase the chance of her actually sleeping in her bed all night.

So sorry about the difficult customer at Target yesterday. That is definitely the down side to working retail. Hope your next Target day will be much better.

Glad your bloodwork was good and how nice to get a positive note from the doctor.
__________________
lovedonaldduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:25 AM   #1390
Clio
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 232

Sorry about the horrible customer. People don't realize that without a upc we can't look up an item. One good thing in our store is that each department's stuff is in a designated area. All laptops are locked in a room with the games systems and other high ticket items.
My horrible customer was on who yelled at me and then went to management because I dared to asked her to speak a little louder. I was standing in front of the printer and couldn't hear what she said. Luckily, she's well know as a difficult customer, no one in the store wants to wait on her.
I hope you have a good day.
Liz
Clio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:15 AM   #1391
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Monroe, GA
Posts: 2,875

Hmmmm...Knoxville is about 4 hours from me.....



Nini
__________________
Nini Morris

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?



NiniMorris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:03 AM   #1392
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran
 
Iamthequeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Just north of the Mason Dixon
Posts: 1,012

The road trip sounds like fun. I have some very good friends that live in the Knoxville area too.

Glad to hear everything is good with you.

I went to the doctor yesterday afternoon because of my cough - my throat and chest hurt when I cough. Doctor thinks its just a respiratory infection - basically a cold. She did give me a prescription for something to help with the cough - and its working, so that's good.

I talked to her a bit about my weight-loss woes, told her what I've been doing and how it was not working very well. She was sympathetic and told me to stay the course. She said there was a weight loss doctor in York that got very good results and gave me a copy of the diet plan - its not for me - most of the food is "light", "fat-free" and processed junk. Besides, my insurance will not cover it.

So now I'm back on my own trying to find what will work for me. I also told her that I'm going to attempt a boot camp and she told me to go for it. So that's good news. I'm not going to do anything except read up on various plans, etc., until I get back from my vacation. Then we will see.

Sorry you had to deal with the customer from he double hockey sticks. While I don't work with the public every day, I do get some irate phone calls occasionally, and I also get upset when someone treats me badly - mainly because I can't tell them what they want to hear.

Just know that we have your back!
__________________
If my daughter is the "Princess", I must be the "Queen"!
First ever PTR!
10 Days of Fun in the Sun
Wait.....we're staying where? and when??

2001 - All Star Movies; 2010 - POFQ; 2011 - POFQ; 2013- Caribbean Beach
Iamthequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:34 PM   #1393
sewmess
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 842

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
Hmmmm...Knoxville is about 4 hours from me.....



Nini
Roughly the same here...Just saying.

Although a road trip, just you and Josh, sounds like I'm not sure I'd want to but in.

Whoot for good bloodwork/praise from the DR. Good for you!!

I have those Haunted Mansion Mouse ears. They were the first pair I ever really wanted. I'm kinda in love with the bat stanchions along the queue line as you head up to the Doombuggies.

Can't wait to hear more about all your trip plans.
__________________

Now planning for 2014 - 10th Anniversary
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS
sewmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:58 PM   #1394
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran
 
DisMom1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,301

LOVE the road trip idea!!! So excited for your romantic getaway!!!!

I would be upset about the crazy Target guest too- even though you did everything right and it would be obvious to me that she IS crazy- I would take it personally. So, when I tell you don't take it personally, know that I know that I would fully take it personally. Still with me? LOL.

My mom told me the best piece of advice she's ever given me when I had a parent problem (teacher) early in my career- Not everyone is going to like you. Oddly, even though I torture myself whenever I have an issue with anyone, I recite this to myself and it is a little piece of security that makes me feel better deep down.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Ann - the mom, Tom- the dad, TJ- 5 and Aly- 3

August 2014 Trip Report (In progress) http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3324325

Pre -Trip Report for August 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215904

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
August 2013 Walt Disney World - Pop Century
DisMom1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:22 PM   #1395
spiritsim
DIS Veteran
 
spiritsim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: ohio
Posts: 894

waves

Road Trip.....hmm will you take 75 down....I live right off 75 lol

Great news about your A1C mine runs around 7 but DH was at 10 before his back surgery and he had it checked tue.......6.4 wowzer was our Dr. stumped
he said he had never seen anyone bring it down that fast. Well I had to mention I have been making all of Franks food and watching his diet like a hawk....... And taking away candy he tends to pick up every where we go He is such a bad boy. Our Dr. has his own machine right in his office so he doesn't have to send out for the results...takes about 10 min to get the results....I think that machine was like 20k...

So glad your new diet is working if I lost 40lbs in a year I would be over the moon......I lost 15 and have been holding there for months. Hope Alis tests come back just as good as yours did.....
__________________
2014 Trip Myself,Trish with DH Frank, DD Raina, her DH Greg, DGD Audrey, and DGD Evalyn


WDW Commando Member #241
First time in the world! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3134097
spiritsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
august, bags, park bags, sewing, weight loss



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright ゥ 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: