Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2014, 12:22 AM   #1366
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I agree completely - I have tried very hard to focus on this with my girls too... I had to grow up well before my time with my mom being sick - and it's very important to me that they are able to enjoy their childhood and just being a kid.
It is hard when they have you have to grow up before your time. I'm glad your girls are able to just be kids while they can. We had some issues with my niece when she was 17 where she couldn't wait to graduate and move out and do her own thing and not have to follow rules. Well she learned the hard way and has finally got her life back on track (nothing against having kids but thankfully she never got pregnant so it's easier to move forward for her with no past connections to some pretty bad choices.) I know from experience that we have to learn from our own mistakes so I was just always there for her.

Quote:
Thanks Sandra... I can't wait for warmer weather.
I can't wait for you to also have the warmer weather. I know when it's gloomy and icky I start getting depressed since it's harder to get out. Thankfully we have events for the kids so regardless of weather it get's me out and the depression hasn't hit me as bad this year as it has in the past. I'll also admit that I have suffered from post partum depression and thankfully it hasn't hit me this time around.

Quote:
You are so fortunate to have that! We love our neighbors, and wouldn't be able to survive out here with out them... We are all constantly texting eachother to find out if someone has a missing ingredient for dinner... LOL And you always know when dinner is being made, because children are running all over town to get supplies from the neighbors - mine included. LOL
I do love having great neighbors!!! I do feel at times though that I'm taking advantage of the help I'm given because I feel like I should be able to do it all. since I do not have a job outside the home. But I have learned it's not possible to do it all so I take all the help I can get. I do have to laugh though about the kids running between houses getting supplies for dinner!! I can't count how many times I've sent Jeremy and Sarah to their friends house to pick something up!!

Quote:
I am still a bit concerned, but not as bad as I was. Hopefully the vitamin D helps - I agree.
You have every right to be concerned. Your her mom. I've learned no matter what we'll always be worried about them.

Quote:
So proud of you! This is just fantastic!
Thanks again D!! As you know it's great to see the difference from where you started to where you are now. I didn't take progress pictures but I think I'm going to start.

Quote:
Happy birthday to Jeff! And congratulations on your 10 year anniversary!
Thanks!! Our actual anniversary isn't until May but we did get engaged in February 2004 so it's the start of our 10th year together celebration!!

I have to say I loved your flip flop in the snow picture!! Just goes to show how ready for warmer weather you are.

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:52 AM   #1367
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry it's taken me most of the day to post this, but I was awaiting permission from Dznefreek so I could use his photos... He is always so nice to let me do so. So, here's the much anticipated "Officially-Unofficial-Always Subject to Change" Calendar page for our Aug 2014 trip. D~
Love the calendar! Looks like we have similar ADRs which let's me know I must have picked some good ones

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

August 2014 Trip Report (In progress) http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3324325

Pre -Trip Report for August 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215904

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
August 2013 Walt Disney World - Pop Century
DisMom1981 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2014, 06:14 AM   #1368
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedonaldduck View Post
Can't wait to see your calendar page. I wore flip flops, capris, and a T-shirt yesterday - although it wasn't in your honor since I just read that this morning. We had 70s yesterday, the high today is supposed to be 81, and tomorrow the high is supposed to be 57. I would like some consistency in the weather - I'm afraid I'll forgot to check a weather report one morning and my girls will either freeze or roast!

I am super busy at work for the next couple of days. I'm giving myself some pixie dust to get through it all!

Have a great Monday!
Yay for capris and flip flops... I dream of 70s... It can't come soon enough.

I'll send you some Pixie Dust too - I hope the next few days go quickly and easily for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clio View Post
Looks like you had a relaxing Sunday. Yay for painted toenails and flipflops! Too bad it's so cold outside. MM looks so relaxed. I spent the day reading and playing hidden object games.
It was a nice Sunday... Very relaxing - perhaps too relaxing. I love it when MM cuddles - the sad part is he usually puts me to sleep, then he gets all fidgety and wakes me up too early.

Quote:
My daughter and niece when out looking for dresses for the wedding. They finally found dresses they liked. I spent a lot of money without leaving the house. We've also bought the flowers for the bouquets. Thank goodness for Joannn's and Michael's coupons. My niece is doing the flowers.
Hahaha... Don't you just love that? Spending all that $$ with zero effort. That takes talent, my friend.

Quote:
Our photo lab will never completely run itself. We do a lot of crafty things that need a person to do like canvases and mounted photos.
I have to finish getting ready of work. I hope everyone has a good day.
Liz
I wish we did canvases - I love them! But we do nothing fun...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthequeen View Post
Well, we dodged the bullet this time! The worst of the snow went further south. The cold front from Canada pushed it further than expected. YAAY! Except our high today is 18....and tomorrow its supposed to be even lower. Oh well, I can deal with the cold temps - almost getting used to them.
Glad to hear that - you didn't need anymore snow... You have some sunshine and warm weather to look forward to.

Quote:
My bags are nearly packed, my toenails are painted orange in honor of my beloved Orioles, and I managed to work on both my quilt and my sister's bag yesterday.

We may or may not have a stowaway on our trip.....
Yay for having your toes painted!

Stowaway???? Details please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan View Post
Good Monday morning to you D - all caught up now - I don't spend much time on the Internet on weekends; I just want to sleep and get caught up on laundry and housework and errands after work all week; my work is so stressful; so relieved to hear of Alli's bloodwork - she will come around in time (hopefully) on being more responsible about her own meals; did you get that book ordered from Amazon?
Good morning Carol. That's a bummer that work is so stressful for you - I hope it's a job that you love to do, so it makes the stress worthwhile.

I found it on Ebay and ordered it last night... Now, hopefully she reads it.

Quote:
Love the Chip and Dale bag; I had to be reminded which one had the red nose when we went a few weeks ago; I always forget; they are such cute classic characters; reminding you what amazing talent you have! You capture expressions so beautifully.
Thank you - I wish I could tell you all some secret I have with how I do it, but I don't have one - I have no idea how I manage to do it? LOL I've always remembered ever since someone told me that Chip has a black nose like a chocolate chip - now I don't have any problems.

Quote:
D - you are on an awesome track for good health and good weight - I am so proud of you - do not get discouraged at all - just keep doing what you are doing and remind yourself how you are giving yourself lifetime goals and being an example for your family and all of us.
Thank you! I am a bit nervous for my Dr appt this morning - I hope it goes well. If anything, I will weigh less than I did at my last one. LOL

Quote:
Cannot wait to see your calendar - I will be living another trip through you! I cannot believe this is March already.
I posted it yesterday, and I quoted it in my replies this morning for those that missed it. I didn't get it posted yesterday until later in the day.

I wish I was going to Disney in March - that's for sure... We had the BEST time on our March 2012 trip... The weather was ahhhmazing!

Quote:
Have an awesome week; stay safe out there; as always, daily prayers for you and your family and your Dad.
Thank you Carol - the same goes out to you and your family.

Quote:
The trick on keeping Chip and Dale straight is that Chip has the small, brown nose - like a chocolate CHIP
Yup... That's how I remember too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
Hi D~! Of course you get an A for effort. And I loved the pic of your bare self in the snow! I guess I should say your bare leg/foot self. Don't want to get you into trouble!
Hahaha... Yah - don't get me in trouble... I do enough of that on my own. LOL

Quote:
So sorry to hear about the accident. Those poor families. It puts so much in perspective doesn't it? Every single day is a gift.
Yes, it was horrible. When we came upon it, it was dark outside - and the only vehicle we saw was the semi - which was jack-knifed in the middle of the road... I think they had removed the car by that point. So, when we saw it - we didn't realize there was another car involved. We were shocked to find out the next mornign on the news - so very, very sad. Our prayers continue for the family and friends of these boys... Such a sad, sad accident.

Quote:
Love the pic of you and M. Looks like my kind of day! I'm so glad you took the day off, you sooo deserve it!
Thanks... But I do need to get my behind to work - I need to start on my big auction soon, or I am not going to get it done on time...

Quote:
Our temp right now is 12, but -3 wind chill. However, the sun is shining and that makes all the difference! I just get so tired of the grey skies every day. But, hey, your toes are done, could Spring be far away?? I think not!
LOL - I know... Hopefully spring will come soon... We have a TON of snow in our yard, it will take it weeks to melt - I hate the muddy mess that follows, but the sunshine sure makes it feel better.

Quote:
You have yourself a great day my friend!
Thank you Lois - I hope you had a great day too!

Quote:
Sorry it's taken me most of the day to post this, but I was awaiting permission from Dznefreek so I could use his photos... He is always so nice to let me do so.

So, here's the much anticipated "Officially-Unofficial-Always Subject to Change" Calendar page for our Aug 2014 trip

D~
Just copied this over to this page, for anyone who missed it yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leleluvsdis View Post
That looks amazing!!! Can't wait to hear about your dining experiences. I have only ever done Chef Mickey's and 1900 park fare for breakfast and Crystal Palace for dinner.
Thanks! I am very excited for them. I think the only new one we have on there for us is Chef Mickey's... But everything will be new to BFF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimeg16 View Post
You got a dinner ADR for BOG!! It is amazing! We were right up next to the window in the ballroom when we had dinner there, and it was so magical!
Yes, it's a bit later than I wanted, but it will work for us - especially if we decide to take an afternoon break. We loved BOG last year - it was a fun meal, and I know they have MEAT. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
So I just totally blew off a task to catch up here, but I've been wrist deep in paperwork all day (even lunch!) so I deserve a little break.
Hahaha... Well - I am honored that you used your time to catch up here, that was so nice of you. And I am glad you took a break.

Quote:
I think cutting down on refined carbs will help any diabetic situations that might be lurking. Just watch your cheeses too. They can create an insulin reaction in some type 2 diabetics (My mom, for example) even though they are not usually thought of as "carbs"
Thanks Ruth, I never would have thought of cheeses before... I am a bit anxious/nervous for my appt this morning - I am sure it will go fine, but I am nervous about the bloodwork portion - I don't give away my blood very easily, and I am nervous for the results.

Quote:
Saw the Chip & Dale on FB this weekend. Very Cute!!
Thanks! It was so fun to make!

Quote:
As someone who has been wearing glasses since 1st grade - eventually even the most vain will get over it because it's much cooler to see than to squint. And with the wider variety of contacts (and better prices) it doesn't have to even register with the vain.
Very true... It's just a matter of trying to figure out where to get her in.

Quote:
And I concur - oh to be young and able to bounce back from crap eating.
Yah - I know... I hope my body has started to...

Quote:
I got in my sewing room a bit this weekend, in between the start of spring cleaning and "upgrading the apparatus" as Cale calls it. I kinda set the toaster oven on fire last week (nothing serious) so we needed a new one. and Cale had promised me a coffee maker for Valentines day so we picked up a Hamilton Beach Flex brew - I can now make single serve coffee from either regular grounds or k-cups. It's that Lazy thing again.
Oh no!!! I cannot believe you set the toaster oven on fire! So glad that it was minor and you were able to get a new coffee maker out of the deal too... We just got a Keurig about a month ago - I love it... but I am such a tightwad, I made a rule that we can only use it on weekends... We really look forward to weekends now.

Quote:
Now, however, it's cold (for us) and rainy and all I want to do is sew. Or plan our October trip.
I know the feeling. I need to get to work on my big auction items...

Quote:
I thought of Mo this weekend. We had a bunch of teenagers in town for a science fair thing at the college and they came into the center. One Mom was with about 1/2 dozen and three of them were her triplets. I wished her luck and she shook my hand.
Hahaha... It takes a VERY special person to be a mom to triplets!

Quote:
Prayers to all that need them and thoughts of sunny, warm days ahead.
Thank you - same to you Ruth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
It is hard when they have you have to grow up before your time. I'm glad your girls are able to just be kids while they can. We had some issues with my niece when she was 17 where she couldn't wait to graduate and move out and do her own thing and not have to follow rules. Well she learned the hard way and has finally got her life back on track (nothing against having kids but thankfully she never got pregnant so it's easier to move forward for her with no past connections to some pretty bad choices.) I know from experience that we have to learn from our own mistakes so I was just always there for her.
Yes, my girls hate it though... I don't mind if they go out and get jobs, or whatever... but I don't want them to HAVE to... Ya know?

What a relief that your niece has been able to turn her life around... thankfully she was able to do it - like you said - with no past connection to bad choices.

Quote:
I can't wait for you to also have the warmer weather. I know when it's gloomy and icky I start getting depressed since it's harder to get out. Thankfully we have events for the kids so regardless of weather it get's me out and the depression hasn't hit me as bad this year as it has in the past. I'll also admit that I have suffered from post partum depression and thankfully it hasn't hit me this time around.
I am definately more "meh" this year than any other year... I think it's because I am just so anxious to get out there and DO stuff?

So happy to hear that you haven't had an PPD this time around - what a relief. I never had it with Allison, but I had it pretty bad for the first few weeks after Victoria - and I think most of that was just stress of having 2 babies with in a year of eachother. Thankfully it didn't last long at all.

Quote:
I do love having great neighbors!!! I do feel at times though that I'm taking advantage of the help I'm given because I feel like I should be able to do it all. since I do not have a job outside the home. But I have learned it's not possible to do it all so I take all the help I can get. I do have to laugh though about the kids running between houses getting supplies for dinner!! I can't count how many times I've sent Jeremy and Sarah to their friends house to pick something up!!
Hahaha... It is pretty comical actually... at about 4:30, you look out your window and see kids running around town carrying an assortment of groceries...

Quote:
You have every right to be concerned. Your her mom. I've learned no matter what we'll always be worried about them.
I know, I know... I am just trying really hard not to nag her quite as much, as now I know she is doing OK - for the moment.

Quote:
Thanks again D!! As you know it's great to see the difference from where you started to where you are now. I didn't take progress pictures but I think I'm going to start.
I think you should. I wish I could share mine here, as they are kind of cool to see - but unfortunately - I am just wearing a sports bra and work out shorts in them - so I just don't think they are appropriate for here. But it's very motivating to see the changes, especially - if you are like me - and don't see any. LOL

Quote:
Thanks!! Our actual anniversary isn't until May but we did get engaged in February 2004 so it's the start of our 10th year together celebration!!
Ahhh... Got it. Might as well celebrate for a few months, right?

Quote:
I have to say I loved your flip flop in the snow picture!! Just goes to show how ready for warmer weather you are.
Thanks... LOL - my neighbors frequently give me crap, because I run out to the mailbox all winter long in my flip-flops, dodging the deepest snow as well as I can. LOL I am always ready for flip-flop season.

Well, this morning is my Drs appt. Yup - I am fasting... Yup - my mouth is D.R.Y... YUCK! No coffee for me this morning... Sigh. Oh well. I have to hop in the shower shortly and head out. Hopefully it all goes well.

Then, I have to stop at the bank and get my Dad's bills paid. It's that time of the month.

Afterwards, I plan to come home... Drink some coffee - eat some breakfast...

Then I will start on this week's applique.

I have a cut/color appt this afternoon - boy do I NEED it... Even Alli told me so. Sigh. I am going to be completely white with in the next few years - I am certain of it.

Gus is coming for dinner tonight... The plan is leftover chili... but he doesn't like chili - so not sure what he is going to have? We are pretty strict about him coming on school nights, so he is only allowed to be here for dinner, but if he wants to drive all the way down here for a meal he doesn't like...

Anyways... I better get moving this morning... I have to be out the door in an hour.

Have a wonderful day everyone... Prayers and good WARM thoughts go out to everyone.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 06:52 AM   #1369
sweetpeaandevie
DIS Veteran

Love the plans!!! We are gonna try to do BOG for dinner too. Hope it's great for you. People seem to either Love it or Not!!!

Well, mother nature got us again......After our beautiful Sunday it dropped about 35deg and we got a ice storm yesterday afternoon.....uuuugggghhh. Right now I am sitting here waiting for my boss to call me back to see if I can take the day off. Ususally I just go slow, but Greg has a bad feeling about it and does NOT want me to go in.....The kids are out of school so if I do stay home I think we will work on some Disney crafts

I love the painted toes in the snow pic!!!! (but I'm glad it's you and not me!!!) Good luck at the Drs.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:40 AM   #1370
spiritsim
DIS Veteran

waves!

The plans look great we are going to do both water parks too....Audrey begged to go and who can tell her no....not me! So we rearranged to get those parks in dropped down to 7 park days but we are getting the water park, park hopper tickets....fun and more? So we can do the water parks and Disney quest......I know a lot of people don't care for Disney quest. But hey it's basically free with our tickets....lol 24 more days till we make our ADRs excited but worried we won't get everything we want.....lol

WDW Commando Member #241
First time in the world! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3134097
spiritsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:12 AM   #1371
lovedonaldduck
DIS Veteran

Good luck at the doctor!

Any word on V's blood work yet?

Our Magic Bands came in the mail yesterday! What a turn around, I booked our trip on Friday.

Your plans look awesome - I wish we could swing a longer trip but I am going to be happy with what we have. How do you guys tour? Do you do rope drop? Sounds like you take afternoon breaks - then do you head back to the parks?

I take Charlotte this afternoon for her ear re-check so I'd love some positive thoughts and prayers for that.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:45 AM   #1372
Tinkercc
Mouseketeer

Good luck at the doctor today!!
Tinkercc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:29 AM   #1373
ljcrochet
DIS Veteran

Your plans look great.
Have you gone to Blizzard beach before? We promised my girls we would go to a water park this trip and still trying to decide between Blizzard beach and typhoon lagoon.
ljcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:43 AM   #1374
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Just a quick drive by to say hi! I've got a few seconds to breath between meetings today so I'm trying to catch up on everyone's threads from the weekend. I love your calendar pages! I'm lucky I can get all of my plans put in an excel spreadsheet let alone make it look pretty.

Hope everything goes well with your appointment today.
Pluto0809 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:58 AM   #1375
sewmess
DIS Veteran

Good luck with the DR appointment.

I'm off to home after a morning at work to wait for our annual termite inspection/bond renewal. Cale has had this honor in the past, but with his new schedule it's easier for me to get the time off. I'm hoping to get some cleaning and sewing in as well.

Have a warm and wonderful day!

Now planning for 2014 - 10th Anniversary
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS
sewmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:01 PM   #1376
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran

I wasn't able to get on here during the day, just too much to do at work. I have to have my projects finished before I can leave on Friday afternoon, so its nose to the grindstone each day.

We were fortunate that my kids did not have to work while they were in high school, but they all chose to do so. The funniest was Andrew, who got a job at an "inn" that was right around the corner from his best friend's house. He got a job as a cook, which I thought was hilarious since he never cooked anything at home. When he told me he got this job, my response was "You can cook?" Now, he is a great cook - he used to watch the food network and learned that way.

I hate to say it, but I think I might be coming down with a cold. I have a cough that goes deep in my chest. If its still there tomorrow, I'll call the doctor and see if I can get in on Thursday or Friday.

Hope all went well with the doctor today.

Check my ptr for info on the "stowaway".
Wait.....we're staying where? and when??

2001 - All Star Movies; 2010 - POFQ; 2011 - POFQ; 2013- Caribbean Beach
Iamthequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:17 AM   #1377
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Quote:
Yes, my girls hate it though... I don't mind if they go out and get jobs, or whatever... but I don't want them to HAVE to... Ya know?

What a relief that your niece has been able to turn her life around... thankfully she was able to do it - like you said - with no past connection to bad choices.
I know exactly what you mean. I didn't have to get a job when I was growing up which was very nice. Now my parent's did say if I wanted to I could but I better keep my grades the same. If not I would have to quit. I decided having fun with friends was more important than a job.

Yes I'm so glad she's able to do what needed to be done with out having to worry about anyone else but herself.

I
Quote:
am definately more "meh" this year than any other year... I think it's because I am just so anxious to get out there and DO stuff?
Yeah the bad weather does put a damper on getting out and doing anything. I'm just glad we've had a couple days with no rain. Need to see when it's going to start again because I think we have another storm headed our way but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Quote:
So happy to hear that you haven't had an PPD this time around - what a relief. I never had it with Allison, but I had it pretty bad for the first few weeks after Victoria - and I think most of that was just stress of having 2 babies with in a year of eachother. Thankfully it didn't last long at all.
I had it really bad with Sarah (almost 6 months if I remember right) and then again for about a month or so with James. I agree having kids really close together does make it harder and makes you more prone to having it. Sarah and Jeremy are 19 months apart and Sarah and James are 2 years 2 days apart.

Quote:
Hahaha... It is pretty comical actually... at about 4:30, you look out your window and see kids running around town carrying an assortment of groceries...
Yeah I can picture that. Shopping at the neighbors!!

Quote:
I think you should. I wish I could share mine here, as they are kind of cool to see - but unfortunately - I am just wearing a sports bra and work out shorts in them - so I just don't think they are appropriate for here. But it's very motivating to see the changes, especially - if you are like me - and don't see any. LOL
Not that we don't want to see the progress but yeah those probably aren't good one's to share. But we can tell and so can you and that's all that matter's is can tell!!

Quote:
Ahhh... Got it. Might as well celebrate for a few months, right?
I celebrate as long as I can!!!

Quote:
Thanks... LOL - my neighbors frequently give me crap, because I run out to the mailbox all winter long in my flip-flops, dodging the deepest snow as well as I can. LOL I am always ready for flip-flop season.
As long as your comfortable that's all that matters. lol

Hope your appointment went well today. Also hope you were able to get everything done you were wanting to get done today.

I have been officially cleared to not having diabetes!!! I figured that was the case due to seeing my results but I had my 6 week post partum today and got it officially from my doctor. Now to continue eating well and to start exercising more so I can lose even more!!

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:48 AM   #1378
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeaandevie View Post
Love the plans!!! We are gonna try to do BOG for dinner too. Hope it's great for you. People seem to either Love it or Not!!!
We really liked it a lot last time - it was just a cool experience. We were seated in the room with the rose, and it was just awesome. I didn't realize how rare it is to get seated in there, so I am glad we did.

Quote:
Well, mother nature got us again......After our beautiful Sunday it dropped about 35deg and we got a ice storm yesterday afternoon.....uuuugggghhh. Right now I am sitting here waiting for my boss to call me back to see if I can take the day off. Ususally I just go slow, but Greg has a bad feeling about it and does NOT want me to go in.....The kids are out of school so if I do stay home I think we will work on some Disney crafts
Yikes! I sure hope you were able to get the day off. I understand that feeling - I sometimes feel that way...

Quote:
I love the painted toes in the snow pic!!!! (but I'm glad it's you and not me!!!) Good luck at the Drs.
Hahaha.... Yah - It was a bit chilly - I ran out, snapped the pic, then ran back in... Brrrr....

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritsim View Post
The plans look great we are going to do both water parks too....Audrey begged to go and who can tell her no....not me! So we rearranged to get those parks in dropped down to 7 park days but we are getting the water park, park hopper tickets....fun and more? So we can do the water parks and Disney quest......I know a lot of people don't care for Disney quest. But hey it's basically free with our tickets....lol 24 more days till we make our ADRs excited but worried we won't get everything we want.....lol
We loved the water parks last year, there is no way I could do a summer trip with out them - they are so fun!

I agree - I did not think that DQ is worth it - but since we had the tickets, we used them to try it out - I would do the same thing in the future, if we had the time.

Quote:
Good luck at the doctor!
Thank you Jennifer!

Quote:
Any word on V's blood work yet?
Nothing at all yet. We should hear something soon, I hope. Kind of annoyed by it.

Quote:
Our Magic Bands came in the mail yesterday! What a turn around, I booked our trip on Friday.
That is awesome!

Quote:
Your plans look awesome - I wish we could swing a longer trip but I am going to be happy with what we have. How do you guys tour? Do you do rope drop? Sounds like you take afternoon breaks - then do you head back to the parks?
Well, I always feel like we have to do longer trips to justify the airfare - which makes them so expensive.

Normally, we are in every park for rope drop... This trip, we have 3 of our 5 park days with before the park opens breakfast ADRs - so this will insure an early start for us. We do like to take afternoon breaks, then go back in the evening. I think I may adjust some of our ADRs to have the dinner times a bit later to make this easier on us. Otherwise our afternoon breaks are too short.

Quote:
I take Charlotte this afternoon for her ear re-check so I'd love some positive thoughts and prayers for that.
I know it's over now, but I pray it went OK and she is doing better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkercc View Post
Good luck at the doctor today!!
Thank you - it went well... I will talk a little about it below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljcrochet View Post
Your plans look great.
Have you gone to Blizzard beach before? We promised my girls we would go to a water park this trip and still trying to decide between Blizzard beach and typhoon lagoon.
Thank you... Yes, we did do BB last year... It was a lot of fun. We also did a few hours in TL - to be honest, the girls spent the whole time in the wave pool, they loved that. SO, we are hoping to do a whole day at TL and BB this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Just a quick drive by to say hi! I've got a few seconds to breath between meetings today so I'm trying to catch up on everyone's threads from the weekend. I love your calendar pages! I'm lucky I can get all of my plans put in an excel spreadsheet let alone make it look pretty.

Hope everything goes well with your appointment today.
Hi Ariana! Glad to hear you are doing well... I am a bit behind too... It's been kind of a crazy week for me.

Quote:
Good luck with the DR appointment.

I'm off to home after a morning at work to wait for our annual termite inspection/bond renewal. Cale has had this honor in the past, but with his new schedule it's easier for me to get the time off. I'm hoping to get some cleaning and sewing in as well.

Have a warm and wonderful day!

Thanks Ruth! I hope your inspection went well, and I hope you were able to get other things done too.

Quote:
I wasn't able to get on here during the day, just too much to do at work. I have to have my projects finished before I can leave on Friday afternoon, so its nose to the grindstone each day.
No worries - you have a trip to look forward to!

Quote:
We were fortunate that my kids did not have to work while they were in high school, but they all chose to do so. The funniest was Andrew, who got a job at an "inn" that was right around the corner from his best friend's house. He got a job as a cook, which I thought was hilarious since he never cooked anything at home. When he told me he got this job, my response was "You can cook?" Now, he is a great cook - he used to watch the food network and learned that way.
Hahaha... That's too funny! Well, it sounds like that job gave him some good life skills.

Quote:
I hate to say it, but I think I might be coming down with a cold. I have a cough that goes deep in my chest. If its still there tomorrow, I'll call the doctor and see if I can get in on Thursday or Friday.
Oh no!!! That is awful - NOT before your trip, I won't allow it! Feel better!

Quote:
Hope all went well with the doctor today.
It did - I will talk a little about it below.

Quote:
Check my ptr for info on the "stowaway"
OK - I will try to stop by this morning before I have to work at Target.

Quote:
I know exactly what you mean. I didn't have to get a job when I was growing up which was very nice. Now my parent's did say if I wanted to I could but I better keep my grades the same. If not I would have to quit. I decided having fun with friends was more important than a job.
I wish this is what the girls wanted to do... Oh well - it sounds like Alli is wanted to apply at Target for the summer.

Quote:
Yeah the bad weather does put a damper on getting out and doing anything. I'm just glad we've had a couple days with no rain. Need to see when it's going to start again because I think we have another storm headed our way but I'm not 100% sure on that.
Hopefully the weather stays nice for you.

Quote:
I had it really bad with Sarah (almost 6 months if I remember right) and then again for about a month or so with James. I agree having kids really close together does make it harder and makes you more prone to having it. Sarah and Jeremy are 19 months apart and Sarah and James are 2 years 2 days apart.
6 months is a very long time... I am so relieved that you don't have it this time.

Quote:
Not that we don't want to see the progress but yeah those probably aren't good one's to share. But we can tell and so can you and that's all that matter's is can tell!!
Hahaha... I know, right? I am really starting to notice in the width of my upper body... My shoulders are more "bony" under my sweatshirts, and my back/waist is getting narrow.... but my behind... Still waaay out there. LOL I figure - eventually - it has to start slimming.

Quote:
Hope your appointment went well today. Also hope you were able to get everything done you were wanting to get done today.
It did, but I got nothing else done at all.

Quote:
I have been officially cleared to not having diabetes!!! I figured that was the case due to seeing my results but I had my 6 week post partum today and got it officially from my doctor. Now to continue eating well and to start exercising more so I can lose even more!!
Woohoo!!!!!!!! This is sooooo awesome!!! I am so happy for you - great job!!!

Well, my Dr appt went well. She was very happy with all of the changes I have made over the last year. According to my Dr's scale, I am down just shy of 40 lbs, so I was happy with that. I did talk to her about my diabetes concern, she did look me over and added the A1c (Not sure what it's called, but it's my average glucose #s over the last 3 months) test to my blood work. She did tell me, that if I am even close to being diabetic, the way I am eating is PERFECT (which I knew), but she suspected that my numbers would be just fine, due to the way I am eating. So, hopefully she is right. We should have results in a few days.

Afterwards, I went to have my blood drawn. I am not a good blood giver, and I don't give it willingly at all. I had to be stuck 8 times! Finally, the last time, I told the technician "Please tell me there is blood, even a trickle..." LOL Thankfully there was, and she was able to coax just enough out for tests. It was at that point, I remembered that there is a reason I hate doing blood work.

Then, I had to stop at the bank to get my dad's bills paid.

Then to the grocery store to get a few things.

By the time I got home, I had a raging headache (I suspect it was a caffeine headache) - surprisingly I wasn't that hungry, but man did my head hurt.

So, I made myself some breakfast/lunch, and decided to lay down for a while. I knew that would mean that I wouldn't get into my sewing room - but my head hurt so badly, that I don't think I could have focused on anything anyways. Since Josh is still home sick, I went up to our room and cuddled up to him - went right to sleep.

I woke just in time for my hair appointment, and my head was less painful. Praise God! I was so happy to get my hair done... I had her do more blond foils this time - but it's still not nearly as light as I wanted it to be... Oh well, it's still cute.

Afterwards, I ran to town to pick up V and came straight home... Had dinner - leftover chili... Chatted with Gus/Alli for a while. Once he left, I went straight to bed. And that was all.

I work at Target right away this morning.

I hope all of you have a marvelous day! Sending out prayers and warm thoughts to all of you... I am ready for spring... Nails painted... Hair done... Bring it on!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:25 AM   #1379
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Hey!!!

I have been missing.. But i have a ton of things going on! KNow that i am reading and i love your plans!

Congrats on the Doc as well!!! You are doing fantastic!!! LOVE YOU!

Gus Gus= Eddie Haskell???

JUST KIDDING!!!!

Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:14 AM   #1380
lovedonaldduck
DIS Veteran

Charlotte's appointment went ok. The doctor put her on daily Nasonex for the next 3 weeks to see if we can get the fluid completely out of her ears without surgery. I am embarassed to share this, but my DISfriends are always supportive and rarely judgmental - so here goes. Until yesterday, Charlotte still had a bottle of milk a couple of times a day - despite her being nearly 2 1/2. I fessed up to the doctor at her 2 year appointment and he wasn't overly concerned about it so neither was I. When I started reading about tubes after her last appointment, I found out that falling asleep with a bottle could contribute to ear problems. The doctor confirmed that yesterday and said she is way too old to still have a bottle so last night Charlotte had to give all her bottles to the babies (we threw them away) because she is a big girl now. It took much longer to get her to sleep last night and she was up for about an hour and a half in the middle of the night needing cuddles but overall, she's doing better than I expected. She's still asking for her bottle but not throwing too much of a fit when we tell her no.

I don't know why I let her keep the bottle for so long - she was much more attached to it than Peyton and I think part of it is knowing that she's my last baby so I still baby her a lot more than I should. At least this one is behind us now. Hopefully we'll get the sleep back on track ASAP - I do not do well with interrupted sleep! I feel like a zombie today!

Hope Target goes well. Work and Disney planning are on my agenda for today.

Tags
august, bags, park bags, sewing, weight loss

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: