Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2014, 08:01 AM   #1336
sweetpeaandevie
DIS Veteran

whew! Only 10 pages behind this time!!!

I know you are soooo glad to hear good results of Alli's appt. It's so hard not to worry about them when you don't agree with their decisions......

Ooooooh, dating......I think we will be more like Nini and her hubs! Greg is 6'3" with a full beard, long hair, (scary!!!) Hopefully the boys will notice and be nice! Glad I have some time before I really have to think about it though!!!

Yuck!! Those snow pics look terrible!!! I really don't understand how people can stand to live in the north (and my whole family lives up there!!!! ) I will pray for a break in the weather for y'all! I am praying for the 70's to start and stay around here!! I hope it is a hot summer!!!

LOVE the chip-n-dale set!! I saw it on fb last night and immediately thought of Cheekypoppins!! Hope whoever gets it loves it too!

I love that pic of you and Alli!!! It was very sweet!

Can't wait to see your plans. Mom and I have changed ours so often I can hardly keep them straight!! I will definitely have to keep up next week
Old 03-01-2014, 09:38 AM   #1337
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMom1981 View Post
D that is GREAT! You've already lost so much- it will be slower now. The plus is that you are losing and keeping it off!

I don't think you are nuts for trying to instill healthy choices to the girls. They are young and numbers are good with little effort when you are young, right? As they get older, they will need to rely on healthy eating habits to retain good numbers.....although I do think genetics plays a role in the long term health area......but believe me, I'm no expert here- just kind of thinking out loud???? Have a magical day (I miss Disney!!)!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Thank you Ann... That's my problem though - and it's a tough mental block that's hard to get through... I have lost quite a bit, but it doesn't feel like I"ve lost much at all... My eyes don't see what everyone else sees, and ~ I guess ~ that's good, it's what keeps me motivated, but it also makes me so frustrated. I try so hard to focus on the other changes I've made, so I don't focus on all the physical changes I still want to make.

No kidding - I was so shocked... I know exactly what I would look/feel like if I ate like that all day every day... Just look at my "before" pictures. LOL Oh to be young and resiliant again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkercc View Post
D,

Those results are amazing!!! I bet you will be pleasantly surprised with your blood work. I am glad that Alli's came out good. I think vitamin D is a very common deficiency to have in the mid west. I am on vitamin D and a lot of my friends are too.
Yes, it is pretty common... Josh has been on very high doses of Vitamin D for well over a year now - I do think it is very common to be low on it, especially this time of year.

Quote:
I was going through some knit/crochet patterns. I have two booklets of baby blankets. They have about 8 patterns. If V wants one, pm me your address and I can send it to her. They are patterns that she would have no problem with.
Oooh yes!!! I will speak for her, I bet she would love one! I will try to remember to send you a PM when I am done responding. Hopefully I won't forget.

Quote:
Have fun at your hockey game and have a great weekend. Oh!!! I got my magic bands in the mail!!!! My daughter and I were so excited!! My hubby and son were very passive!! I can't wait to use them. It will be out first magic band experience!! Have a great weekend.
THanks - we had a lot of fun!!!

YAY for MBs!!!!!!!!!! So exciting! I can't wait until we get ours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
It is very hard to control what children eat once they are old enough to buy their own food. I was a very strict mother when it came to junk food, limiting treats and having very little of it in the house. But once the kids were old enough to ride their bikes to the store, it was all over. They were able to eat whatever they wanted in spite of my best efforts. But you are setting a good example, which is the best teacher anyway.
Thanks Sue... Yes, I agree - it is so hard. You are right though - at this age, it's just better/easier to lead by example... Hopefully they will see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I think your weight loss is impressive, since it is real long term loss. And with your focus on eating better, it sounds like you'll be able to keep it up. Good luck with the doctor visit. I hope it is nothing but positive news.
Thanks! Yes, that is the hardest part for me - in the past I've "starved" myself to lose, then I was so HUNGRY after several months, I just ate anything and everything in sight... This time is SO much different... I am not starving at all, and I am eating things I truly love that taste good... And I love that I am living my life with out processed foods - I'd never given them much thought previously, I just ate them because they were there, not thinking about what was in them... It's amazing that a life with out food in a box tastes really good and feels even better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
You always crack me up Nini! I agree completely!

D~ Those results are really good. Especially for a shorter month! The most important thing is that you feel so much better. I think that should be your main focus. There will be plateaus that can discourage you, but you are doing something great for your well being and no number on a scale can take that away. So, two
Very true... I guess that's why I've been so adament against weighing myself - I just didn't want the number to reflect how I felt about myself or my progress. The inches lost are what's most important to me, but I do feel that my numbers in Feb really did reflect how my month went... I didn't eat badly, but I was just sort of "meh" all month. I honestly thought I had more progress than what I felt I had - if that makes any sense?

Quote:
I'm so glad Alli's blood work came back so clean. Surprised, but glad. Here's hoping that V's will be the same. And as far as diabetes, you are on a good track to eliminate that worry. Obesity, excess weight, poor eating habits and not exercising are all things that can cause type 2 diabetes. You have been working hard in all those areas. After watching Food Matters and Hungry for Change, I am a firm believer that eating non processed foods and raw whenever possible will prevent/cure you of most anything.
Me too - I was SHOCKED! But I am happy and relieved... I was so worried about it.

YOu are right... I am a little nervous to see those numbers, because I know there is/was something going on... I don't believe it is bad, but definately symptoms. The thing that got me thinking about it initially was actually a comment that Ruth (Sewmess) made last year - when the girls and I came home from our trip and my foot wasn't healed after such a long time... Then I started thinking about the "other" things that were going on, and they all added up perfectly. It will be very interesting to see how my bloodwork comes back, I just pray it's not bad, and something I can control with my diet.

Quote:
Thanks for the continued prayers for Jennifer! She is very optimistic that this next step will help her be able to do whatever needs done for her family. She's a real trouper. I'm going to take my sewing machine to her house in case I get some free time. Guess Jen isn't the only one who is optimistic! HaHa! I will try very hard to get my TR started before I leave.
I am praying so hard for her - it's been such a long and hard road, it's bound to get better - it has to! Please keep us updated as you can.

I was very happy to see that you started your TR yesterday! It was fanatastic "meeting" you! Finally!

Quote:
You're probably getting the low temps and snow we're getting too, so keep warm and safe. Have a great weekend!!
Our temps are definately lower, and we did get some snow yesterday... It came hard and fast for a few hours... but that's pretty normal here right now - I am starting to get used to it - and sick of it. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Happy to hear all the test results came out good!!!
Me too! It's such a relief!

Quote:
Congrats on your new body. your doing a great job!
Thanks! I still have a hard time seeing it, hopefully I will see it soon. I see it in my progess photos when I post them, but I don't see it in the mirror.

Quote:
Excited to hear your plans! Bff likes em?!?! NICE!!!
She seems to? She likes the calendar - thinks it's cute - so that's good. Not sure if she acutally READ the calendar? LOL

Quote:
How did the Hockey game go??
It went great!!! I will be posted about it below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedonaldduck View Post
You should be so proud of yourself! What an inspiration!
Thank you! I don't feel very inspirational - I just do it and pray it works. LOL

Quote:
I am glad that Alli's results are good, at least you don't have to worry about that. It's ok that you still want her to improve her eating though, it sounds like she could use it, plus there is always room for improvement. At least you don't have to worry as much anymore.
Yes, exactly... We are so relieved that her numbers are good, but we'd still like to see her improve. I promised I'd stop hounding her as much. LOL

Quote:
Good luck to you and V with your appointments. Our girls have check ups next week as well.
THank you - same to you!

Quote:
There will be news over on my pre-trip report this morning.
Loved your news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyabgar View Post
I'm really glad to hear the bloodwork was fine. Teenagers are pretty resilient, I think! I know I ate like crap and still was able to be a full-time athlete. Not the best, but no long-term damage thankfully. But once I hit my 20s, I had to clean it up or face the consequences!
LOL Tell me about it... Thinking back - I ate pretty crappy too back then... but back then, things were a lot different and eating crappy back then was "healthy" - so to speak... If only we knew then what we know now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyabgar View Post
I'm so intrigued by what the new bag is. Can't wait to see that and your calendar. I need to start our itinerary in earnest, but still have much research on FP+ to do.
I hope you've seen it by now...

Yah - I have to research FP+ too... It should be interesting. Especially at MK with the newest mountain opening... And if you can only get 1 FP+ and 4 mountains... It's not going to be a pleasant trip.

Quote:
YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyTeacher01 View Post
I think the acorn is too cute! Of course the whole bag is AWESOME!

~Jennifer
Thanks Jennifer!!!!!!!!!! I love it too - so happy with how it turned out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Another one I wish was an auction bag! Very cute!
Hahaha... Thanks Ariana!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimeg16 View Post
I think this is my favorite one so far! I love Chip and Dale! Fantastic job!
Thanks - I love it too - such a classic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Heading off to bed to get up to be ready for our limo to the airport tomorrow. But I just had to say that I absolutely LOVE the Chip & Dale Bag. It is just perfect in every way.

Glad Alli got a good report and hope V does as well.

Great job on the weight loss...keep it up.
Safe trip to you Kathy! Enjoy that sun -I wish I was there with you! Thanks so much for everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchfan75 View Post
I don't know if this was posted elsewhere but do you have a website or Etsy for these great bags? I would love a Marie one for our trip next summer!
Hi there... Sorry, I cannot post my info on The Dis... If you'd like, you can send me a PM and I will respond.

Quote:
So so fun!!!

Thanks Ann!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina View Post
Sorry for not stopping by lately. The thing is that I have to concentrate a lot when reading English since it's not my first language and I always want to reply when I read your posts. And I'm horrible on spelling so I always use google translate to check my spelling. And some times I find it hard to find the right words for what I want to say. Again because English is not my mother tongue.
This is so sweet Lillian - I never would have known. And I never realized how much you had to go through just to read my posts. Don't ever worry about your spelling here - I don't mind... I just love that you continue to follow along, I always notice when you are gone for a few days - and I always wonder if you are on another adventure.

Quote:
Well back to replying. How great that Alli's doctor appointment went so well. I can understand that you are shocked that the results was so well considering what she's eating.
Thanks! We were shocked/happy/relieved... Just glad we have something to go on now, and hopefully we can adjust her diet a little bit to align her numbers a little bit better.

Quote:
Your health plan for yourself seems to go really well. Good for you
Thank you - I do feel much better, and that helps a lot.

Quote:
It's going to be exciting to see how V's doctors appointment goes. Hopefully she is fine as well.
I know - I am interested to see her results too.

Quote:
The Chip and Dale bag looks great. I love the colors you have used and the applique looks awesome
Thanks! I really love how it turned out!

Quote:
I hope you have a great Sunday and I will try to get on here more often.
Thanks Lillian - the same to you... And don't worry about stopping by, but please let me know that you are doing OK - I tend to worry after a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeaandevie View Post
whew! Only 10 pages behind this time!!!
Hahaha... Well, thanks for taking the time to catch up... I don't mind when people don't have the time - I totally understand. That is why I respond every morning - or I'd be hopelessly behind too.

Quote:
I know you are soooo glad to hear good results of Alli's appt. It's so hard not to worry about them when you don't agree with their decisions......
Exactly! It is very hard. But such a relief, because now we don't have to wonder.

Quote:
Ooooooh, dating......I think we will be more like Nini and her hubs! Greg is 6'3" with a full beard, long hair, (scary!!!) Hopefully the boys will notice and be nice! Glad I have some time before I really have to think about it though!!!
Yah - dating... Sigh... LOL Well, I have the retired military sharp shooter with a nervous tick who now loves hunting (partially kidding).

Quote:
Yuck!! Those snow pics look terrible!!! I really don't understand how people can stand to live in the north (and my whole family lives up there!!!! ) I will pray for a break in the weather for y'all! I am praying for the 70's to start and stay around here!! I hope it is a hot summer!!!
Meh - it's not that bad, I've been driving in it my whole life, but it's definately interesting sometimes. You just have to remember to never be in a hurry in the winter - as long as you take your time, it's pretty easy.

[QUOTE=sweetpeaandevie;50834074]LOVE the chip-n-dale set!! I saw it on fb last night and immediately thought of Cheekypoppins!! Hope whoever gets it loves it too![/quot]

Thanks! I know - I thought of Cheeky the entire time I was making it, and I felt so badly that it wasn't for her... because I know how she feels about her "Munks"... but, I do know the person receiving it will love it.

Quote:
I love that pic of you and Alli!!! It was very sweet!
Thanks!

Quote:
Can't wait to see your plans. Mom and I have changed ours so often I can hardly keep them straight!! I will definitely have to keep up next week
LOL - I know, sometimes I can't keep track of ours either.

Victoria had a great Drs appointment yesterday - everything looks great. Except for her eye sight... I need to get her in for an exam, we are quite certain she needs glasses. They ordered the same blood tests for her that we did on Allison. We should have the results back on Mon/Tues, but prob more like Wed. LOL

Afterwards, I took her out for breakfast, then back to school.

Then, I went to the grocery store to pick up all the girls' prescriptions - which took forever... Of course I shopped... Grabbed a bunch of produce and a few other necessities...

After that, I stopped at Target, grabbed a few other things. Found a couple more clearance frames for my Dad's apartment.

I also purchased towels for my foster-dad - he asked me to make him a couple of embroidererd towels when we were there at Christmas time. I managed to get those embroidered yesterday afternoon. The photo is pretty dark - but the towels are a dark green and the font is done in cream embroidery thread.

After that, I came home and finished up my bag order... Still very happy with it.

Allison's guy friend (It really creeps me out to write boyfriend) came with us to the hockey game last night... Matt's team WON in the playoffs... So, they have another playoff game tonight - it's against a really tough team, we are hopeful, but...

I plan to work out this morning - since I didn't get to yesterday due to V's appt.

Then I am taking Alli to the mall to hang out with her guy friend... Then he is following us home to spend the day here, he will go with us to the game tonight too.

Anyways - I hope you all have a wonderful day! Sending out prayers to all who need them... Stay warm all, and think happy spring thoughts!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2014, 10:00 AM   #1338
Terkina
DIS Veteran

That's great news that V's doctor appointment went great. Hope her blood work is great as well

The embroidery on the towel looks great.

How sweet of you to think about me when I'm not on here for a few days. I can't belive you notice since there are so many people following you on this PTR.

We haven't got much snow in February either. So now it feels like we're in the end of April beginning of May. And that's still almost 2 months away
We have ice on the roads so it's not very safe to walk around. It's no problem driving because the car is properly shoed (as we say in Norway. Meaning we have the right tires for the season).

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Terkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:22 AM   #1339
tinkbell13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
LOREE!!!!!!!!!!! HOw are you, my friend? It's great to see you! I was just thinking of you the other day, when I was gazing at my crappy kitchen and dreaming of the day we can remodel.
I remember that! I think I still have those drawings somewhere! I dream of a kitchen remodel as well. I still have to figure out what we want to do with it though.

Quote:
I know... I have tried countless times to approach it different ways, and she just does not get it at all. I still feel like she thinks of this as a "diet plan" - but it's not, not at all. I know she worries about the animals too, the thing is - other than deli meat - all of our meat is purchased from local farmers - so it's not as if we are buying from unknown sources... Literally - I should - I could bring her to the farm and let her see for herself. But I am not even sure that would help? I feel like I am grasping at straws.
I saw that her bloodwork came back okay and I'm sure that is a relief. I'd still try to get her to see a dietitian/nutritionist to discuss her eating if you can. Not sure if it is the same in the US, but here a dietitian would not only be able to give information on foods she should be eating but can provide information on the vegetarian lifestyle, health risks to watch out for, etc. I know many people who are healthy vegetarians, so it can be done.

Quote:
This is wonderful! I discovered the same thing, early on in my journey - that I wasn't eating enough and essentially starving myself... It was through that research that I found Eat More 2 Weigh Less and eventually the Primal lifestyle. It's very important that everyone eats enough to sustain life while they are trying to lose... Which turns this whole thing into NOT the Biggest Loser game, and doing it slow and steady... It's very hard to watch others lose so quickly, and still maintain your own slow and steady pace, especially in this world of instant gratification. But SLOW is really best for your health! Just keep on keepin' on - I am so PROUD of you Loree!
Thanks for the support D~! I believe in the 'slow and steady wins the race' philosophy. I spent my younger years watching my mom's weight yoyo as she tried every diet going. I refuse to diet but am going for healthier eating. I am happy to say that I have lost 7 lbs in the last 2 months just by increasing my activity level and changing up what I am eating. I still find I am struggling most days to eat the calories I should. I could easily do it if I was to eat junk food, but so far I have resisted. I am finding that I don't even want the junk food anymore. DH, however, is struggling. He increased his activity a bit but has fallen back into his sedentary ways. He has also resorted back to junk food snacking. Sigh. I can't force him on this, so I am just doing my best to resist falling into old habits. So far, so good!

Quote:
No worries - you know I am easy going... Stop by when you can. I just like to know my friends are alive and well - I could care less if you can comment or not.
Thank you. The last part of December, all of January and the first part of February were very hard from a personal perspective. Unfortunately, I attended 7 funerals for family or good friends in that time. And we had to say goodbye to our furbaby Cleo after almost 18 years. It was a rough time needless to say.

Loved the picture of A and you! How cute are the two of you! A's note made me .

I'd love say that your pictures of the snowy roads made me shiver but I don't need to see those to feel cold. All I have to do is step outside. We are actually in a heat wave right now, it is only -5 C which feels like -9 C with the wind (that is 23 F and 15 F for my US friends). But another snow storm is about to hit and by Monday the temperature is going down to -24 C (-11 F) and the windchill is going to make it feel like -35 C (-31 F). We have had so much snow this year, there isn't any place to put it anymore. The city has had to truck some of it to their depots on the outer limits of the city. I'll have to try to snap some pictures from the roads on the outer limits. The snowbanks are higher than the Equinox!

Loved the blanket V made! I love how colourful it is! And good for her for teaching herself. I have been knitting for years but still struggle when crocheting.

Boyfriends - oh my! I can feel for you. However, I am coming at it from the other side with DS. He is only 13 but there have been several phone calls and knocks on the door by girls for the past two years. He hasn't been really interested in girls for the most part during that time, thank goodness, and is only just starting to notice them. We've had discussions about girls, dating, respecting others and yourself, etc. so I think we have instilled good values in him. We are also one of the strictest parents of all his classmates and don't believe kids his age should be dating. Our best friends have a daughter in DS's class and she has been dating another boy in the class for over a year now. We just shake our head at that, especially when her dad goes on a rant about what all boys want. We still have some time before we have to deal with it, but I can tell you I am not looking forward to it at all.

Hoping that V and you have good checkups too!

OMG! That Chip & Dale bag has me . They are my second favourite Disney characters. I can't believe you haven't been asked to do them before either! You have captured their playful and mischievous nature perfectly. I love the pop of red on it too!

Ladylyons - Just had to comment on how cute your little one is! I so want to cuddle a little one now.

Off-site: 1977 - 1983, 1985 (family trips as a kid)
All Star Movies: 2008, 2012
tinkbell13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:22 AM   #1340
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Yes I completely understand. Maintaining/breaking through to more weight loss is so hard. I always get to the point to where I 'be lost 15-20 and then I sabotage myself. Why?!

August 2014 Trip Report (In progress) http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3324325

Pre -Trip Report for August 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215904

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
August 2013 Walt Disney World - Pop Century
DisMom1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 12:38 PM   #1341
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran

I love the ChipnDale bag! It always amazes me how you manage to capture the facial expressions so well.

Glad to hear Alli's and V's dr visits went well. Have fun at the hockey game tonight!

I think Lillian does wonderfully with translating into English. I never have a problem understanding her writing. I am amazed that schools in the US do not start teaching a foreign language at an early age (when it is easier to learn). Most European countries require all students to learn a 2nd language.

Well, we're getting hit with another snow storm tomorrow, there is just no getting around it. On a brighter note, my daffodils are starting to emerge from the ground (where we can actually see the ground that is). Spring can't be that far behind, can it?

I'm going to watch the baseball game - that will put me in a better frame of mind!
Old 03-01-2014, 03:39 PM   #1342
babynala
DIS Veteran

The Chip and Dale bag is awesome. They look so cute and happy. Such fun characters in the parks so I know this bag owner will have many great memories when she catches up to these two chipmunks.

Happy to hear that Alli had no issues with her blood work. It is a good baseline for the future if you think that she is not as healthy as she should be. I hope V has positive results too. Casey had to get glasses right before Christmas and it has been an easy adjustment. She likes being able to see but the poor vision seemed to come out of no where.

The towel looks very nice. And Good luck to Matt and his hockey team.

It is great that you are keeping up with your healthy eating. Making this life change is having a such a great impact on your health. Since you are predisposed to Diabetes the changes you have made in the past year are only helping you plus you are a great role model for your daughters! I am sure the doctors will be happy with all the progress you have made and that some of your health problems have disappeared. They will using you as an example to all of their other patients.

Quote:
Sorry for not stopping by lately. The thing is that I have to concentrate a lot when reading English since it's not my first language and I always want to reply when I read your posts. And I'm horrible on spelling so I always use google translate to check my spelling. And some times I find it hard to find the right words for what I want to say. Again because English is not my mother tongue.
Enjoy seeing you around D~'s trip report.

Hope everyone is staying warm!

babynala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:26 AM   #1343
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Oh D~ I love the new bag! Chip and Dale are great subjects and as always you captured their personalities in their expressions perfectly! I, too, love the accents of red. Just perfect! I also love the towel you did for your foster Dad.

I'm glad to hear Victoria's dr visit went well. How does she feel about wearing glasses? Emily is the only one who needed glasses and she got them in third grade! Her eyes are terrible, poor thing! Hope V gets good result on her blood work.

Yay for Matt's team winning the hocky game and moving on. Should be a good game I would imagine. HaHa. Not saying the word boyfriend doesn't make him go away! Why not just call him by name on here. I think that would be easier than saying guy friend? Come on, Mom, better get used to it...this is just the beginning. There are enough of us who have already been through it to help get you through. And you will get through it!

I wanted to post my favorite Target photo, if you'll indulge me:

It's Caroline when she was 20 months old last June. It just cracks me up. Target is always my go to place for the grandkids since they have such nice things. And when Dan and I were there on Friday before going out to dinner, a nice young lady schooled us on the cartwheel thing and now I finally know what you talk about when you do your mega shopping deals. Nice!

Tess, I'm with you bring on the baseball!!! And OUT with the snow and the cold. It's coming down now. Oh bother!

Lillian, I also think you do an amazing job and didn't realize what all you had to go through to post. I envy people who can speak, write and read another language. Keep up the good work!

Oh, forgot to tell you, Dan has started reading my trip report and I think it will be no time at all before he's reading everyone else's. He already recognizes so many of you, it's kinda cute. He doesn't know where that mystery pic was taken either! HaHa, but he's trying to figure it out.

Have a great day and let us know how the hockey tournament went.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:54 AM   #1344
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
That's great news that V's doctor appointment went great. Hope her blood work is great as well
Yes, it is such a relief.

Quote:
The embroidery on the towel looks great.
Thanks! I am really happy with how it turned out.

Quote:
How sweet of you to think about me when I'm not on here for a few days. I can't belive you notice since there are so many people following you on this PTR.
Of course I notice! You've been responding here for a very long time... I always miss anyone who leaves... I wonder what happened and why they go. I realize most people don't like to come here after their trips are over, it's very sad and hard to do - but I alwasy wonder how they are doing and how their families are doing. Even though I respond every day - I get to know all of you too, and all of you are important to me.

Quote:
We haven't got much snow in February either. So now it feels like we're in the end of April beginning of May. And that's still almost 2 months away
We have ice on the roads so it's not very safe to walk around. It's no problem driving because the car is properly shoed (as we say in Norway. Meaning we have the right tires for the season).
LOL I love that phrase "the car is properly shoed" - that's so perfect.

The weather isn't warm here at all... I am soo beyond tired of it! The sun is starting to rise earlier and set later though, and it's position in the sky is changing - so I know that spring is coming. It just can't come soon enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkbell13 View Post
I remember that! I think I still have those drawings somewhere! I dream of a kitchen remodel as well. I still have to figure out what we want to do with it though.
I have them all saved on my PC... I so hope to use them someday soon!

Quote:
I saw that her bloodwork came back okay and I'm sure that is a relief. I'd still try to get her to see a dietitian/nutritionist to discuss her eating if you can. Not sure if it is the same in the US, but here a dietitian would not only be able to give information on foods she should be eating but can provide information on the vegetarian lifestyle, health risks to watch out for, etc. I know many people who are healthy vegetarians, so it can be done.
That is next on my list... I am not sure how a dietitian/nutritionist would work with our insurance, but I am waiting for all of our bloodwork to come back, and then I will decide what we want to do. I do know there are lots of healthy vegetarians, so it can be done - I just want to make sure that Alli is one of them.

Quote:
Thanks for the support D~! I believe in the 'slow and steady wins the race' philosophy. I spent my younger years watching my mom's weight yoyo as she tried every diet going. I refuse to diet but am going for healthier eating. I am happy to say that I have lost 7 lbs in the last 2 months just by increasing my activity level and changing up what I am eating. I still find I am struggling most days to eat the calories I should. I could easily do it if I was to eat junk food, but so far I have resisted. I am finding that I don't even want the junk food anymore. DH, however, is struggling. He increased his activity a bit but has fallen back into his sedentary ways. He has also resorted back to junk food snacking. Sigh. I can't force him on this, so I am just doing my best to resist falling into old habits. So far, so good!
So proud of you Loree! That is awesome! It's amazing how small changes really affect you more profoundly... I am so happy to hear this. Can you eat higher calorie items so you can get more in? When I get to the end of my day, and I have a lot of calories left to eat - I indulge in my favorite... A cup full of berries, topped with about 6 Tbsp of heavy whipping cream (not whipped), and a small hand full of home-made roasted almonds... It's like 400 calories of the most amazing flavors... To me, it's icecream with out all the added chemicals - and total bliss. I try very hard not to have it more than 2-3x per week though - because I feel like it's very indulgent... And it's high in fat, which is very good for your brain... Also, high fat keeps you from craving sugar.

Quote:
Thank you. The last part of December, all of January and the first part of February were very hard from a personal perspective. Unfortunately, I attended 7 funerals for family or good friends in that time. And we had to say goodbye to our furbaby Cleo after almost 18 years. It was a rough time needless to say.
Oh Loree - this is so very sad. I am so sorry to hear of all the loss in your life. I wish I could do or say something to make it easier on you - please know you and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers. Much love and hugs to all of you.

Quote:
Loved the picture of A and you! How cute are the two of you! A's note made me.
Thanks! She has a few friends that she snap~chats with occasionally, and she always pulls me in on the action. Her friends tend to think I am a nutcase, but I love having fun with her! She makes me feel young again.

Quote:
I'd love say that your pictures of the snowy roads made me shiver but I don't need to see those to feel cold. All I have to do is step outside. We are actually in a heat wave right now, it is only -5 C which feels like -9 C with the wind (that is 23 F and 15 F for my US friends). But another snow storm is about to hit and by Monday the temperature is going down to -24 C (-11 F) and the windchill is going to make it feel like -35 C (-31 F). We have had so much snow this year, there isn't any place to put it anymore. The city has had to truck some of it to their depots on the outer limits of the city. I'll have to try to snap some pictures from the roads on the outer limits. The snowbanks are higher than the Equinox!
Yikes - I feel your pain though - we are right there with you. It was very bad here last night. I cannot wait for spring to come. I know I say it every day, but this winter needs to be over - soon!

Quote:
Loved the blanket V made! I love how colourful it is! And good for her for teaching herself. I have been knitting for years but still struggle when crocheting.
Thank you! I am so proud of her - I cannot wait for Thomas to get it. Unfortunately, it will be a while - currently Myrthe's parents are in California... Then they go to Brazil... Then they come back to the US... Then in May they finally go home... I would love to travel like that some day.

Quote:
Boyfriends - oh my! I can feel for you. However, I am coming at it from the other side with DS. He is only 13 but there have been several phone calls and knocks on the door by girls for the past two years. He hasn't been really interested in girls for the most part during that time, thank goodness, and is only just starting to notice them. We've had discussions about girls, dating, respecting others and yourself, etc. so I think we have instilled good values in him. We are also one of the strictest parents of all his classmates and don't believe kids his age should be dating. Our best friends have a daughter in DS's class and she has been dating another boy in the class for over a year now. We just shake our head at that, especially when her dad goes on a rant about what all boys want. We still have some time before we have to deal with it, but I can tell you I am not looking forward to it at all.
I know - it's scary no matter what side you are on - I expect. Lucky for you DS hasn't been interested... It will come - I am sure of it. I have no doubt that you have instilled great values in him, and the parents of any girl he chooses will thank you a million times over for it.

I agree - there is a point where it's just too much stress on kids to have a steady relationship at such a young age. I feel like Alli is on the borderline of that age - and the only reason I allow it is because she is so mature for her age, she consistantly has good grades, she has so many interests and hobbies - she is just a well rounded girl... And, as long as having a boy in her life doesn't affect any other aspects - then it's OK with me.

Quote:
Hoping that V and you have good checkups too!
Thank you... V's check-up was great... We just have to wait for her bloodwork results to come back.

Quote:
OMG! That Chip & Dale bag has me . They are my second favourite Disney characters. I can't believe you haven't been asked to do them before either! You have captured their playful and mischievous nature perfectly. I love the pop of red on it too!
Thank you... You'll be happy to know that their permanent home is in Canada, so - maybe you'll bump into them some day. LOL OK - so maybe not, but they are coming to your country - so that has to account for something right?

Quote:
Yes I completely understand. Maintaining/breaking through to more weight loss is so hard. I always get to the point to where I 'be lost 15-20 and then I sabotage myself. Why?!
I feel like I am constantly analyzing this, and trying to find the solution. The best I have come up with is this... Any other time I've lost weight, I have done it with the recommendations of Conventional Wisdom... So, I cut calories (sometimes drastically) and do excess cardio. I do this for as long as my body will sustain this way of life - usually it's about 4-5 months... And usually I can lose a good 50 lbs in that time. But once I hit that 4-5 month mark... I am STARVING - after months of not eating properly - and I am HUNGRY... So, I eat, eat, eat... and eat some more... Phew - no longer hungry - but I am eating too much... So I gain, gain, gain and feel sorry for myself - but I am hungry. Before I know it - it's all back on... And I feel so guilty for losing control and I get down on myself. Before I know it - I've gained even more. I don't want to work out, because I am still exhausted, but now I have all this excess weight on top of it all. It's a vicious cycle - it truly is.

So, then I went looking everywhere to find the answers... How can I lose weight by eating as much as possible? How can I excercise with the least amount of TIME effort? Because this time, I wanted my losses to be maintainable... EVERYONE says they are doing a "lifestyle change" - but the lifestyle they are trying to change to, is not maintainable for the duration of the rest of their lives. If a person has to have "cheat days" to get through their new "lifestyle" - then it's not really a lifestyle change...

Which brought me on this never-ending quest to find the answers for me - which would fit my life and how I live it... Essentially - I didn't want to change my lifestyle, I wanted my new "lifestyle" to fit who I truly was, and I wanted to achieve it with very little effort. And that's how I found the Primal way of eating...

I LOVE meat - I always have... In my previous lifestyle changes - I've always felt encouraged to eat as little lean meat as possible... It was awful! Now, I get to eat as much meat as I want to... LURVE meat! In previousl lifestyle changes, I've been encouraged to eat as many steamed veggies covered in chemical imitation butter products - YUCK! Now, I eat roasted vegetables fried in (all natural) bacon grease or butter - YUMMY! In previous lifestyle changes, I was encouraged to eat "boxed fiber bars" and the like - with God only knows what in them... Now, I make my own - and WOW are they yummy - I do not miss those bars in a box one little bit. I just love, love, love this food... I love making it, I love eating it, it tastes wonderful, and my body loves it. It's all natural - there are no chemicals in it, my food doesn't come from a box, can or jar and I don't feel guilty ever. I don't have cheat days, I don't need cheat days... Because who wants to cheat with eating chemically laden food out of a box, when I can eat the real thing? It tastes waaaay better.

So, is this truly a "lifestyle change" - yes, I think so. Can I truly eat this way for the rest of my life and enjoy it. Yes, I can. Do I want to? Yes, I do. I think, when you find the lifestyle that fits how you want to live your life and how you enjoy living your life, then it's really not a lifestyle change any more, it's living in harmony with yourself.

OK - sorry for the huge long reply - and I hope I didn't sound rude - I am just so passionate about truly finding what works for you... and when that is found, only then, can it be sustainable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthequeen View Post
I love the ChipnDale bag! It always amazes me how you manage to capture the facial expressions so well.
Thanks Tess... I honestly don't know how I do it... Each time I do, I shock myself. LOL I just "go for it" and hope for the best.

Quote:
Glad to hear Alli's and V's dr visits went well. Have fun at the hockey game tonight!
Thanks! We did have fun... I will be posting hockey results below.

Quote:
I think Lillian does wonderfully with translating into English. I never have a problem understanding her writing. I am amazed that schools in the US do not start teaching a foreign language at an early age (when it is easier to learn). Most European countries require all students to learn a 2nd language.
I agree!

Quote:
Well, we're getting hit with another snow storm tomorrow, there is just no getting around it. On a brighter note, my daffodils are starting to emerge from the ground (where we can actually see the ground that is). Spring can't be that far behind, can it?
Yikes! OK - when do you leave for FL? It's really soon isn't it? Hopefully all of the snow will be gone when you get back and all the flowers will be in bloom.

Quote:
I'm going to watch the baseball game - that will put me in a better frame of mind!
Have fun!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
The Chip and Dale bag is awesome. They look so cute and happy. Such fun characters in the parks so I know this bag owner will have many great memories when she catches up to these two chipmunks.
Thanks Liz! Yes, I agree - I think she will have so much fun carrying this bag! And I am sure the Chipmunks will love it!

Quote:
Happy to hear that Alli had no issues with her blood work. It is a good baseline for the future if you think that she is not as healthy as she should be. I hope V has positive results too. Casey had to get glasses right before Christmas and it has been an easy adjustment. She likes being able to see but the poor vision seemed to come out of no where.
Yes, exactly.

Same with Victoria - it seems to have come on out of nowhere too... It's so strange. I hope to get her in for an exam in the coming weeks... We wish she would have told us a few months ago, we could have put her on our vision insurance - and there is no way we can hold out until next year. Sigh.

Quote:
The towel looks very nice. And Good luck to Matt and his hockey team.
Thanks! I will have a hockey update below.

Quote:
It is great that you are keeping up with your healthy eating. Making this life change is having a such a great impact on your health. Since you are predisposed to Diabetes the changes you have made in the past year are only helping you plus you are a great role model for your daughters! I am sure the doctors will be happy with all the progress you have made and that some of your health problems have disappeared. They will using you as an example to all of their other patients.
I sure hope so, I am a bit nervous for it - as I DO NOT want to be diabetic, so I will do anything in my power to avoid it, and pray that my diet changes have done something in my favor.

Quote:
Hope everyone is staying warm!
I hope you are too - you have an awesome cruise to look forward to in a few weeks! WHOOT!

Quote:
Oh D~ I love the new bag! Chip and Dale are great subjects and as always you captured their personalities in their expressions perfectly! I, too, love the accents of red. Just perfect! I also love the towel you did for your foster Dad.
Thanks Lois... I was really struggling with putting the red accents on there - but in the end, I am glad I did, because it really brought the whole bag together.

Quote:
I'm glad to hear Victoria's dr visit went well. How does she feel about wearing glasses? Emily is the only one who needed glasses and she got them in third grade! Her eyes are terrible, poor thing! Hope V gets good result on her blood work.
To be honest... V took my glasses months ago (unbeknownst to me - I never wear them...) and she has been using them in school. I only found this out on Friday... Of course, I had a talk with her about using glasses that aren't her right prescription (because odds are that they aren't), which can permanently wreck your eyes... So, I think she will be fine with them - she just wants to see.

Quote:
Yay for Matt's team winning the hocky game and moving on. Should be a good game I would imagine. HaHa. Not saying the word boyfriend doesn't make him go away! Why not just call him by name on here. I think that would be easier than saying guy friend? Come on, Mom, better get used to it...this is just the beginning. There are enough of us who have already been through it to help get you through. And you will get through it!
Hahaha... Yes, I suppose I could call him by his name... Gosh, I really like him... I hope they stay together for a while - as he is so nice and has such great manners. And the best part - he doesn't seem to mind having to spend so much time with our family. He told me last night that he actually enjoys spending time at our house, and he is very comfortable here. This makes me happy - because it's important for me that the person my girls date enjoy spending time with us - I prefer them to date in a way that is more typical to the old "courting"... Especially now, when they are a bit younger. And if the people they date like us, then we will still see our girls occasionally - right?

Quote:

It's Caroline when she was 20 months old last June. It just cracks me up. Target is always my go to place for the grandkids since they have such nice things. And when Dan and I were there on Friday before going out to dinner, a nice young lady schooled us on the cartwheel thing and now I finally know what you talk about when you do your mega shopping deals. Nice!
Hahaha... Look at those adorable little feet and toes... I just love little baby feet!

Quote:
Tess, I'm with you bring on the baseball!!! And OUT with the snow and the cold. It's coming down now. Oh bother!

Lillian, I also think you do an amazing job and didn't realize what all you had to go through to post. I envy people who can speak, write and read another language. Keep up the good work!

Oh, forgot to tell you, Dan has started reading my trip report and I think it will be no time at all before he's reading everyone else's. He already recognizes so many of you, it's kinda cute. He doesn't know where that mystery pic was taken either! HaHa, but he's trying to figure it out.

Have a great day and let us know how the hockey tournament went.
Hahaha! Hi Dan!!! Welcome to Disboards! Pull up a chair and grab a cup of coffee... You might be here a while!

So, yesterday, the girls and I went to the mall (ahem) 45 minutes away to meet up with Gus (Yes, I will refer to him as his real name from now on)... Alli texted him when we left our house... No reply... She called him when we arrived at the mall... No reply... She called him a couple more times while we were shopping... No reply... She was starting to worry... My guess - Mr. Gus was sleeping... After all, he was at our house until 11:30 the night before, and by the time he got home and settled, I am sure it was well after 12:30am. Sure enough, as we were walking out of the mall and headed home... Gus woke up. He felt horrible... I just told Alli to have him meet us at home (if he wanted to) - otherwise, he could meet us at the game later (because the game was very near to his house)... Gus felt horrible - so he chose to drive all the way down here to sit with us for dinner, then follow us all the way back up an hour later.

We all went to the game together. We scored the first goal - and the only goal. Yes, our Oles lost their playoff game. We are so sad, but they had a great season and we are all looking forward to next year.

Today will be a lazy day around the house... I have no plans to do anything, other than revolt winter. I am currently wearing shorts, a tank top, and flip-flops (which is nothing new...) - and I plan to paint my toe nails later today. I am on strike and I am sick of wearing jeans/coats/socks/real shoes.

I hope that all of you have a wonderful and WARM day... Think spring with me - and go paint your nails - throw on some flip-flops - it will make you feel better, I promise. Sending prayers out to all who need them!

D~

Last edited by DMGeurts; 03-02-2014 at 10:03 AM.
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:45 AM   #1345
sweetpeaandevie
DIS Veteran

I am going to a bridal shower today and it is supposed to be 70 degrees!!! I am so excited...I am wearing a dress that I bought way back in September but could not wear because it has been too cold!! I am definitely in "spring" mode this weekend....

I even did some "spring cleaning" in my closet!
Old 03-02-2014, 11:32 AM   #1346
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran

We leave on Saturday need to go paint my toenails so I can wear my flipflops!!!

I need to go spend some time in my sewing room today - I'm making a back pack bag for my sister for her birthday later this month. And I'm going to listen to baseball - I need to feel like spring is coming.

Have fun relaxing today!
Old 03-02-2014, 11:44 AM   #1347
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

caught up!!!

I absolutely ADORE the chipmunk bag.. everything about it adorable!!!

Sorry about losing your playoff game.. that is heartbreaking..

So gus gus is is trying very hard... so sweet.. big step for you and calling him by name!!!

V is going to look ADORABLE in glasses!!!
Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:21 PM   #1348
npierce25
Mouseketeer

I have finally hd time to catch up. Love the chip and dale bag! It's my favorite so far. If you are still takingnsuggestionsmfor auction bags, a lion king one would be super cute. Good to hear the blood work for your daughter was ok. Make sure the prescription d is a D3 not a d2. My d level is 5....... Like super critical bad. And they say a d3 is better than a 2 when it comes to supplements. Things have been crazy here. Dd had an allergic reaction to something atherosclerosis father daughter dance, have to wait to the end of the month for allergy testing. I have had some medical issues and have surgery on the 11th. . I was so happy to read that you dad is doing well and your healthy eating plans are successful! I did find the foot pedal to my sewing machine so hopefully I can start some projects while I'm recovering next week! Happy I finally could catch up!
Old 03-02-2014, 12:43 PM   #1349
babynala
DIS Veteran

Quote:

HILARIOUS, how cute. It is funny to think about how little they are. I bet she just loved that ball.

Bummer that the boys lost their game but I'm sure they appreciate having such loyal fans in the stands.

It was nice of Gus to head all the way out to your house and back again. I guess it is getting serious now that you are typing his name in your PTR.

I meant to post this on Mo's PTR but I will now after seeing her ticker - excited to see Mo's ticker with your 2nd DisMeet. Will Chicago be thawed out by then, I sure hope so. Can't imagine what kind of trouble you three will get into this year.

babynala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:30 PM   #1350
Terkina
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a nice day yesterday. I hope spring isn't too far away from you since you're longing for it
I on the other hand like the cold weather much better than warm summer weather (even if it doesn't get that warm up here. Thankfully)

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Terkina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
august, bags, park bags, sewing, weight loss

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: