Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2014, 09:47 AM   #1306
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Sandra, I forgot to comment on little Jeffry's last photo to say how absolutely adorable he is! And that story from "big brother" was so special. I'm glad you have that sweet memory.

Liz, how exciting to have a cruise planned!!! And a Disney cruise at that! I'd say your hubby did a great job. I've never wanted to go on a cruise, but Dan really wants to, so we'll probably be planning one in the not too distant future. Meanwhile, I'll live vicariously through you!

D~ If you don't hear from the doctor today, I would give them a call tomorrow. It does take a few days, but you should be hearing soon I would think. I like the title of that book someone mentioned that was geared for teens wanting to go vegetarian. Would she read something like that? Trouble with teens is, they think they already know everything. And we as parents are sorely lacking! Hang in there, Mom.

And as far as boyfriends, it's always such a learning curve. Trial and error. Just go with your instincts and you'll be fine. You have raised two bright and thoughtful young ladies with good heads on their shoulders. So that's a good foundation for selecting people they want to hang out with. A watchful eye never hurts, though. You seem to be doing a fine job with the boyfriend. As others have said, it's sometimes harder when you like them and get really attached and then they break up. It's very hard.

Jennifer just texted me that her procedure is scheduled for next Thursday, a week from tomorrow. So, I'll be heading that way sooner than I thought. Thanks for the prayers for her. I am very hopeful that this will be a huge solution for her problems. She was walking to school to meet Selah and walk her home when little Moriah (the 2 year old) fell face first onto the concrete. She was bleeding a lot and crying and Jennifer tried to pick her up and carry her home, but couldn't carry her and walk. So poor little Moriah had to walk all the way home bleeding and crying. That just broke Jen's heart, not to be able to do what she needed for her child. So, hopefully, this will solve the limping problem and do away with the crutches. At least that's my prayer! Thanks so much for caring, my friend!

Well, I'm off to the sewing center to get a few colors of embroidery thread. We bought a new bedspread and it didn't come with pillow shams or extra pillows, so I'm making them. Trying to match the colors is making me crazy, though. I hope to start my TR soon. I'm actually getting anxious to do it. I was afraid at first, but now, looking at the photos, I want to relive it...well, SOME of it! It's going to be surprising in a lot of ways. Love and prayers to you and your family, and have a great day!
Old 02-26-2014, 10:46 AM   #1307
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Sigh, I always get so behind after the weekends. I'm just getting back on the DIS again because I'm busy at work right now. Budget season starts next week and I have to do kick-off meetings and training classes both of which I hate. I can't wait for the first two weeks of March to be over!

I had so much I wanted to comment on but by the time I got caught up, I forgot what I wanted to say.
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2014, 12:21 PM   #1308
babynala
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
so I just enjoyed the moment.
Yup, it is important to enjoy those little moments. It is so sweet that big brother is so good with Jeffrey.

D~ I hope you had a good day at Target today. I am trying to get motivated to get some stuff done around the house but it just isn't working....

I am taking the kids to the Imagine Dragons concert (it was there Christmas present) tonight so I'm avoiding starting something I can't finish or just procrastinating. Hopefully tomorrow will be more productive.

babynala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 01:25 PM   #1309
sewmess
DIS Veteran

I don't have children, but I was a girl who didn't date in high school and didn't get serious about men until I was well into my 20s and I'd like to suggest something to help all you moms (and dads, if you're here too)

Encourage her to get to know herself. Encourage her to think about what it means to be "Me" and comfortable being alone. Teach her how to change a tire. Teach her how to balance a budget and be value minded. Encourage her to gain self respect so she will not stand others to disrespect her or her body.

It won't be easy, I know, given peer pressure, media images of "self" worth and constant distractions in the form of permanent electronic communication means. But just asking some questions and listening - really hearing - her answers will help you both.

Ok - off the soapbox. Thank you for letting me voice the "other" side.

I REALLY need some time in the sewing room. Both mentally and because I'm getting a backlog of projects. Tomorrow I am off work, and am not planning on leaving the house!! To many things to do.

Still waiting to hear about your ADRs and other plans for this trip. Cale's boss is going to let him secure his vacation dates - I guess I'd better get planning! Or at least make up my mind about dates.
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS 2014: Sick Trip
sewmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:35 PM   #1310
lovedonaldduck
DIS Veteran

D~ Hope you don't mind too much. I came over just for a shameless plug - I actually started my pre-trip report. Hope everyone will stop by.
Old 02-27-2014, 12:20 AM   #1311
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
That is just the sweetest story ever... One for his baby book and one to lock away in your memories.
It was one of those moment's that made me realize that I don't slow down and smell the roses as much as I should. Which is going to be something I'm going to try to do this year. Baby Jeffrey is almost 6 weeks old and I feel like these last 6 weeks have gone by much to fast so I really need to just enjoy the time with him, Jeremy, Sarah and James more. No more rushing from place to place.

Quote:
Yup - I am desperate for capri and flip-flop weather!
Hope you at least get some nicer weather in the coming weeks. We woke up to pouring rain today. So thankful my neighbor was bringing the kids to school so I only had to get the baby out of the car once during it.

Quote:
Not yet... The phone was silent yesterday. Sigh.

Oooh - good luck today! I have a good feeling that your numbers will be perfect. YOu'll be in my prayers.
Hopefully your phone wasn't silent today.

Mine was also silent but my email wasn't. I got my test results back and if I understand them correctly it looks like my diabetes has GONE AWAY!!!!!! I guess the change in eating habits (and losing 20 lbs between the time Baby Jeffrey was born and now) helped!! I do want to say thank you everyone for the support when I was going through it all!!

Quote:
Yes - Love seeing pictures of him!
I love sharing them too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
Sandra, I forgot to comment on little Jeffry's last photo to say how absolutely adorable he is! And that story from "big brother" was so special. I'm glad you have that sweet memory.
Thank you!! It is one I need to fill into his memory book once I get him a memory book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
Yup, it is important to enjoy those little moments. It is so sweet that big brother is so good with Jeffrey.
That's a goal I've given myself is to slow down and really enjoy the time with them. No more rushing from place to place. They grow up way to fast and I can't believe Baby Jeffrey is going to be 6 weeks old on Saturday!!! The time has gone by way too fast!! Jeremy really does love his little brother and I'm so glad the jealousy he had while I was pregnant with him seems to have gone away.

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:19 AM   #1312
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Still no results... Sigh. This sounds like a great plan... Gotta make it work however you can. One thing I am learning... The compostion of your body is 80% diet and 20% excercise... And I am proving this every single day... How I eat is much more important than how much I work out. Just food for thought. I know - it's so much more fun to keep adding on, but you have to do what you can afford. No reason to go into debt over a vacation - IMO. You are welcome to hog my report with trip plans anytime... Especially seeing as I can't post mine until next week. The Dis prefers that I stay on Disney topics, and any help I can get with that is always welcome. I know, I know... It is frustrating. I just hope her bloodwork comes back soon - if she is deficient in anything, I want to be able to help her get what she needs. Wow Lois! I am so sorry for Jennifer - I was soooo hoping that the healing would be well on it's way. My continued prayers go out to her, as always. She is so very lucky to have you for a mom - and the grands are so lucky to have you as well... You take such great care of them. Thank you Lois... That Dumbo bag turned out to be one of my all time favorites... The funny thing is that I questioned my fabric choices a bazillion times over for that bag - and in the end, I am soooo happy I went with my original thought, it turned out much better than I thought it would. Aww... Thanks Lois... I am still such a work in progress, and so much more I want to accomplish. It is still so hard to celebrate, when what I see in the mirror is so different than what everyone else sees... I hope my mind gets there soon - but in a way - the mental lapse is keeping me going too... And LOL - I ordered a size 12 for spring... It doesn't quite fit well enough to wear into public yet (Have to lay on the bed to get them on... ) - but I sure hope, by the time it's warm enough to wear them, they will fit properly. This is definately something I really want to try to do with him - even if it's a "short" trip... I think that a 5 day trip (6 nights) would be perfect... One day in each park and a day off in the middle... We'll see... It will be - for sure - another year. I need to see how our trip to WA goes next summer. I think that's so sweet that you do date night every Friday... Maybe once the girls leave for college, we can do something like that? Ooooh... I want to hear the Mickey/Minnie handbag story!!!! Speaking of which... I am waiting anxiously for your TR to start! You too Lois, thank you for taking the time to stop by and catch up. Much love to you and yours. Me too... No calls yesterday either... Sigh. LOL - she reminded me of when she was a little girl... It was just yesterday... Sigh - they grow so fast. Yes, it is... But - so far - as much as I don't want to - I really like him. He is very nice and respectful... He calls me "ma'am"... Polite... And doesn't seem to mind our strict rules... Thank you - me too... I can't wait to wear it to work today! I think I am going to wear my Mickey earrings and bracelet too... might as well complete the ensemble. Thank you - I am just so proud of her... It took her SO much time. Me too! Still waiting... Thank you - right back atcha girly! You are right, this is my biggest concern for her. It bothers me a lot that the FDA's former food pyramid and now (I think it's a) pie has made us believe that grains are the BEST food for you - when they don't offer any nutrition at all - or not any nutrition that you can't get from a more natural source... Grains are the ULTIMATE in processed food - there is nothing natural about them - despite the beliefs of Conventional Wisdom. So, seeing Alli eat a diet of mainly grains is truly bothersome to me... Her meals consist mostly grains, and a few veggies... Snacking is absent minded (or at least the snacking I see...)... For me - I have to work hard every single day just to hit my macros, and I can eat meat to help me out... For her - she would have to work double hard, and she doesn't do that. Praying the bloodwork results open her eyes. Thank you for the ideas - I really appreciate it. I will look into this more. Thanks Tess... Still a work in progress. I know - I am so glad she shares here! Thanks Liz! I absolutely do NOT mind at all... I am so excited for you!! HOW FUN!!!! And what a nice surprise!!!! EEEEEK!!! YOu must all be on cloud 9 for sure!!!! I'd love to know more about your plans! Are you flying down or driving? How long of a cruise is it??? Tell me more! That is just the sweetest story ever... One for his baby book and one to lock away in your memories. Yup - I am desperate for capri and flip-flop weather! Not yet... The phone was silent yesterday. Sigh. Oooh - good luck today! I have a good feeling that your numbers will be perfect. YOu'll be in my prayers. Yes - Love seeing pictures of him! ************************************************** ******** I am so happy that I made such good progress in my sewing room yesterday. I was certain this would be a 2 day applique, but miraculously - I was able to get it drawn/cut/pieced/stitched completely! And it turned out great! Very happy about it! Dinner last night was good, we had a good time... I do enjoy Alli's boyfriend a lot... He is very funny and makes some witty comments, and he seems to tolerate my obsessive need to chaperone their "dates" right now. For that matter - I was willing to let them meet for coffee alone after school yesterday, and it was him that suggested he would rather come for dinner... Fine by me... I would rather have them here where I can keep an eye, then somewhere that I can't. I know, I know... but this is all new territory for me. I work all day at Target today... And it's my new early shift. Hopefully it goes well. I hope you all have a wonderful day. Sending out good thoughts and prayers to all who need them. D~
I don't blame you. I'm never letting my kids date.......or go to friend's houses.....lol......not looking forward to them growing up!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

August 2014 Trip Report (In progress) http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3324325

Pre -Trip Report for August 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215904

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
August 2013 Walt Disney World - Pop Century
DisMom1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:24 AM   #1313
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingofCastles View Post
Thought about Alli today when I was reading our local paper. There's a book called The Smart Girl's Guide to Going Vegetarian that is geared towards teenagers. It might have just the info that Alli needs to help her!
I am not sure if it was you who mentioned this book to me previously - but this is the second time it's been mentioned... I have it in my cart right now, and I plan on ordering it for her. It looks like a great book and it has very good reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingofCastles View Post
And Congrats on your healthy eating and weight loss! I need to read up on the Paleo diet....I have been pretty much doing that for almost 9 months (without knowing it had a name!) since I've been dairy and gluten free. I know that you love your dairy products but I didn't know how bad they were making me feel until I gave them up. Keep up the good work, whatever works for you and your family!!
Thanks! Yes, that is why I started following it whole-heartedly, because I was gravitating towards this eating stye naturally, so it only made sense to take it the last few steps. I do love my dairy - but I"ve been pretty cautious about them lately, and I've cut way back (comparatively)... I used to eat 1 or 2 Greek Yogerts per day, and I am down to approx 1/weekly now... I still eat a bit of cottage cheese (4% fat) and regular cheese... Oh and my half & half/heavy cream too... But trust me when I say - this is cutting back. LOL Even just cutting out processed/boxed/canned foods is a HUGE step in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
can't wait to see the new bag!!!!
Me too!

Quote:
Gus.. He needs a bag.. that's a Disney character.. so he should fit in your family!!
Hahaha... I will be sure to tell him about that.

Quote:
good luck at target!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
When my middle son was in high school...his first girlfriend was like part of the family. They did not break up until her last year in medical school. I was heartbroken! It wasn't just he lost a girlfriend, it was like I had lost a daughter! In fact she and her new husband are practically like family still! (very hard on my son as her new husband was one of his best friends...did not end well)

When my daughter broke up with her first serious boyfriend...well let's just say his family is still very close to me and my heart...and now that he is engaged I can't wait for the wedding! He is such a sweet guy.

They all joke that I get closer to their dates than they do!

Nini
Awww... That is sad, and sweet. I can relate a little bit - I am still very good friends with my HS boyfriend's family - they still tell me often that they prefer me to his current wife - and I can definately say that I wish they were my in-laws. LOL But, after all these years - they are a lot like family - even though I never see them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatoMany View Post
Congrats on the weightloss!
Thank you - I still have SO far to go and so many goals I plan to achieve, but I continue to work hard at it and hope for progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatoMany View Post
My daughters are already being told that when they are old enough (Id prefer they wait until after high school) to start dating we want them to have the young man come talk to my husband and myself before asking them out. We want to make sure he has good intentions. Yes, some would say overprotective, I prefer cautious. Doesn't help 2 of my husband's sisters and a few of his female cousins were teen moms so he wants to make sure we monitor our girls a lot more than his sisters/cousins were monitors. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with not wanting them to go on one-on-one dates, they are still very very young no matter how grown up they think they are.
Yes, we are very old fashioned this way - and we firmly believe this is the proper way to do it. Except - we go a step further and we chaperone (or BFF does) their dates for the first few - until we are comfortable. I know this annoys Alli (a lot), because none of her other friends are chaperoned - but I don't really care... There is a lot of bad stuff out there and bad people... If he truly cares (which it seems he does) - he won't mind hanging out with us too... After all - I've been told that we are kind of fun people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedonaldduck View Post
I'm so happy to see other over-protective moms here. I really want to raise our girls with more old-fashioned ideas of dating and boys. I hope that we can instill that in them despite what they will see all around them.
Yes, I am much more comfortable with it this way. And like I've told Alli - it helps us build trust with him too... It's just better all around. I've also told her, the more time he spends with us and the better we know him - the more likely it is that we will allow them to spend time together alone... Some day. LOL

Quote:
I am moving forward with Spring Break plans and planning on starting a pre-trip report if I can get Photobucket to cooperate! I've found a couple of options for boarding our dog and I'm waiting to hear back from a possible pet sitter about her availability. Fingers crossed I can get everything lined up and convince my husband that this is a good idea!
Yay!

Quote:
I ate a good dinner last night and a good breakfast this morning so that is on track for better eating. Hoping to get a run in at the end of the day today.
Good for you! That's awesome!

Quote:
Where are Alli's test results!?! How frustrating. Hope you hear something soon and I hope the results will help move Alli in a healthier direction.
They called our home phone yesterday, didn't leave a message. So, I will be calling them this morning.

Quote:
Hope everyone has a great day today!
Thanks - you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clio View Post
I was the same way with my daughter's first boyfriend. Her fiancť is my boss at work and I've know him longer that she has. He's just part of the family now. Speaking of the boyfriend, his Disney trip with family isn't as much fun as it is when he goes with us. Monday his mother make it to the entrance and decide that she was tired and didn't want to go into the Magic Kingdom. He'd just gotten his annual pass and when for a few minutes. Yesterday the whole family wen to the Magic Kingdom and he went off by himself. He did get to ride the mountains with his nieces so I guess the whole day wasn't a loss. he said it's busy right now.
Well, he sounds like a nice guy. Bummer that his trip isn't as nice as it is with you all, but hopefully he can get through it and still enjoy some magic - it sounds like he is trying to do just that.

Quote:
You look really good in that last picture. the weight loss is really noticeable.
Thanks Liz.

Quote:
I hope work goes well for you today. It's been sort of busy at mine. We had our semi annual inspection of photo on Monday. Let's just say we passed.
The good news is we're getting a new printer in March. Fuji says that they're replacing it before there are problems. I guess not communicating with the main unit and crashing aren't considered problems. Also, the company is planning on redoing the photo center. Our last redo was 5 years ago.
Liz
I am glad you passed... and happy you are getting a new machine. I was really worried about ours when they replaced it last year (or was it the year before? ) But it's been so nice to not have all the problems we had previously. The lab pretty much runs itself.

Quote:
D~ If you don't hear from the doctor today, I would give them a call tomorrow. It does take a few days, but you should be hearing soon I would think. I like the title of that book someone mentioned that was geared for teens wanting to go vegetarian. Would she read something like that? Trouble with teens is, they think they already know everything. And we as parents are sorely lacking! Hang in there, Mom.
Yup - they called yesterday, didn't leave a message. So, I will be calling them this morning.

I have the book in my cart, I was just waiting to order it to see if there is anything else I want to order with it.

Quote:
And as far as boyfriends, it's always such a learning curve. Trial and error. Just go with your instincts and you'll be fine. You have raised two bright and thoughtful young ladies with good heads on their shoulders. So that's a good foundation for selecting people they want to hang out with. A watchful eye never hurts, though. You seem to be doing a fine job with the boyfriend. As others have said, it's sometimes harder when you like them and get really attached and then they break up. It's very hard.
Yes, I agree - that is the hardest part... It's not about trusting my girls - I do... It's about trusting the boys. But at some point, I need to trust the girls' judgement because I believe I've taught them to be a good judge of character. Yes, I can see where it would be hard if they broke up with someone I liked - I'd never given that any consideration, because I just *knew* I would never like anyone... Now, I do like this guy... Hopefully they stay together for a while.

Quote:
Jennifer just texted me that her procedure is scheduled for next Thursday, a week from tomorrow. So, I'll be heading that way sooner than I thought. Thanks for the prayers for her. I am very hopeful that this will be a huge solution for her problems. She was walking to school to meet Selah and walk her home when little Moriah (the 2 year old) fell face first onto the concrete. She was bleeding a lot and crying and Jennifer tried to pick her up and carry her home, but couldn't carry her and walk. So poor little Moriah had to walk all the way home bleeding and crying. That just broke Jen's heart, not to be able to do what she needed for her child. So, hopefully, this will solve the limping problem and do away with the crutches. At least that's my prayer! Thanks so much for caring, my friend!
Oh that is so sad, I can only imagine how awful Jennifer felt. My continued prayers for her and your family Lois... I feel so badly for her that this is just so ongoing and she must be so frustrated with it all. Please keep me updated, if you can. Safe travels for you and continued prayers.

Quote:
Well, I'm off to the sewing center to get a few colors of embroidery thread. We bought a new bedspread and it didn't come with pillow shams or extra pillows, so I'm making them. Trying to match the colors is making me crazy, though. I hope to start my TR soon. I'm actually getting anxious to do it. I was afraid at first, but now, looking at the photos, I want to relive it...well, SOME of it! It's going to be surprising in a lot of ways. Love and prayers to you and your family, and have a great day!
Oooh - I hope you'll share pictures of your finished project... It sounds like a lot of work!

Same to you... Oh, and will you have time to start your TR before you go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Sigh, I always get so behind after the weekends. I'm just getting back on the DIS again because I'm busy at work right now. Budget season starts next week and I have to do kick-off meetings and training classes both of which I hate. I can't wait for the first two weeks of March to be over!

I had so much I wanted to comment on but by the time I got caught up, I forgot what I wanted to say.
Hi Ariana... No worries. We'll all still be here when you have time to chime in. hope your next weeks go easily for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
D~ I hope you had a good day at Target today. I am trying to get motivated to get some stuff done around the house but it just isn't working....

I am taking the kids to the Imagine Dragons concert (it was there Christmas present) tonight so I'm avoiding starting something I can't finish or just procrastinating. Hopefully tomorrow will be more productive.
THanks Liz! Sounds like a fun evening - I hope you all had a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
I don't have children, but I was a girl who didn't date in high school and didn't get serious about men until I was well into my 20s and I'd like to suggest something to help all you moms (and dads, if you're here too)

Encourage her to get to know herself. Encourage her to think about what it means to be "Me" and comfortable being alone. Teach her how to change a tire. Teach her how to balance a budget and be value minded. Encourage her to gain self respect so she will not stand others to disrespect her or her body.

It won't be easy, I know, given peer pressure, media images of "self" worth and constant distractions in the form of permanent electronic communication means. But just asking some questions and listening - really hearing - her answers will help you both.

Ok - off the soapbox. Thank you for letting me voice the "other" side.
I agree with this completely Ruth, and I couldn't have said it better myself. This is something I have always tried to instill in my girls from a very young age... Teaching them to be confident in themselves, their decisions and who they are is a difficult task... I cannot say for sure if I have succeeded, but I think I have.

I look at my friends, and their girls, and I see a HUGE difference between how my girls see themselves and how they interact with the people around them. I like to think I did an OK job at this portion, but I guess there is always room for improvement.

Thanks for the very important reminder for me, and everyone here. Teaching our girls to be confident in themselves is a very difficult task - one that's very hard to pinpoint the exact way to accomplish it - but one that is absolutely necessary for their survival in the world around them.

Quote:
I REALLY need some time in the sewing room. Both mentally and because I'm getting a backlog of projects. Tomorrow I am off work, and am not planning on leaving the house!! To many things to do.
I hope you are able to get caught up... I just loved the bag you posted on FB the other day - you did a great job on it!

Quote:
Still waiting to hear about your ADRs and other plans for this trip. Cale's boss is going to let him secure his vacation dates - I guess I'd better get planning! Or at least make up my mind about dates.
Monday is the day I will be posting my main Calendar page - so it will be an over-view of our entire trip... I am VERY excited to share it!

Quote:
D~ Hope you don't mind too much. I came over just for a shameless plug - I actually started my pre-trip report. Hope everyone will stop by.
Yay!!! I've already stopped by to say hello... I loved being able to put a face with your name, and your girls are so adorable!

Quote:
It was one of those moment's that made me realize that I don't slow down and smell the roses as much as I should. Which is going to be something I'm going to try to do this year. Baby Jeffrey is almost 6 weeks old and I feel like these last 6 weeks have gone by much to fast so I really need to just enjoy the time with him, Jeremy, Sarah and James more. No more rushing from place to place.
THis is so hard to do - but I agree, very important. I hope you are able to take the time to enjoy them, it goes so fast!

Quote:
Hope you at least get some nicer weather in the coming weeks. We woke up to pouring rain today. So thankful my neighbor was bringing the kids to school so I only had to get the baby out of the car once during it.
Me too! I just cannot wait until I can start walking outside again... Even though I hate these hills, I just want to feel the sun and a warm breeze on my face!

And how very nice of your neighbor to help you out

Quote:
Hopefully your phone wasn't silent today.
Nope, it wasn't... But I wasn't here to answer it. So, I need to call them back this morning.

Quote:
Mine was also silent but my email wasn't. I got my test results back and if I understand them correctly it looks like my diabetes has GONE AWAY!!!!!! I guess the change in eating habits (and losing 20 lbs between the time Baby Jeffrey was born and now) helped!! I do want to say thank you everyone for the support when I was going through it all!!
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!! I just knew you could do it Sandra!!! So proud of you... and 20lbs!!!!!!!!! That is sooooo awesome!!!!

Quote:
Thank you!! It is one I need to fill into his memory book once I get him a memory book.
I agree - definately one for the memory books!

Quote:
That's a goal I've given myself is to slow down and really enjoy the time with them. No more rushing from place to place. They grow up way to fast and I can't believe Baby Jeffrey is going to be 6 weeks old on Saturday!!! The time has gone by way too fast!! Jeremy really does love his little brother and I'm so glad the jealousy he had while I was pregnant with him seems to have gone away.
Awww.... I agree, this is so important. I wish I would have slowed down when the girls were little, but no one ever told me how fast it would go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMom1981 View Post
I don't blame you. I'm never letting my kids date.......or go to friend's houses.....lol......not looking forward to them growing up!!

Hahaha... It's hard Ann, very hard... It's so hard to trust other people with the people you love and hold dearest. But - thankfully I have Josh to keep me a little even keeled, because if it were me, I'd try to keep them mine forever, and it really wouldn't work out well for any of us. But, Josh isn't afraid to tell me when I am being out of sorts and remind me I need to let go... It's very difficult and something I really have to work at all the time. I think I am getting better, but my family probably wouldn't agree. I am a bit terrified of how I will be when they finally leave the nest...

So, as some of you may have read above... The Dr's office called yesterday, I was not home to get the call, and they didn't leave a message. So, I will be calling them this morning.

I had a good day at Target... I stayed busy. Glad it's over for another week.

I will be in my sewing room all day today, working on some pre assembly and maybe finishing up the bag - if time is good to me.

I am scheduled to heavy lift this morning. I also need to weigh and measure... I am planning to do this at the end of every month - which would technically be tomorrow, but V has a Dr. appt bright and early, so I"ve opted to do it today instead. I also plan to do some progress pictures... Which I may or may not share, depending on what I am wearing when I take them.

Disney stuff: For those of you who didn't see... I will be posting my main Disney Calendar page on Monday morning for our upcoming trip... It will have all of our ADR plans on it, and just a general over view of our whole trip... I've been working on this for a while now, and just plugging in ADRs as I had them... So, I am very excited to be sharing it with you!

I hope all of you have a wonderful day... Prayers are going out to all who need them.

D~
DMGeurts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:14 AM   #1314
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to hear about the Doc..

Get in that sewing room!!! I want to see!!!

excited to hear about your plans too..
Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:57 AM   #1315
lovedonaldduck
DIS Veteran

Waiting anxiously to hear Alli's results and see your Disney plans on Monday. Something for me to look forward to on a Monday morning
Old 02-27-2014, 08:36 AM   #1316
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

About not trusting the boys...

You know my husband carries a gun...and as he puts it he knows how to hide bodies... but my oldest daughter had one boyfriend that I could not stand...he was actually more afraid of me than he was husband! He knew husband would kill him, I would make his life miserable...forever!

You just have to instill the fear in them...much easier to trust them then! LOL!

Nini

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

NiniMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:02 AM   #1317
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran

I have 2 girls but I also have 2 boys - and from the other side of the coin, I've always tried to teach my boys to respect the girls they go out with. My younger son, Andrew didn't date much through high school (actually neither did my older son), but he did have a steady gf when he was a senior. I liked her well enough, but she was an aggressive type of person. I had to have "the talk" with him (again) about protecting himself. He had a bright future ahead of him and had early admission to a very good college. I reminded him that he did not want to have to suffer the consequences of his actions at that time in his life. He was embarrassed by my frankness, but was appreciative too. My kids are all adults now and are leading very productive lives.
My point is that while parents of girls need to teach their daughters to respect themselves and to demand respect from their boyfriends, it is just as important that the parents of boys teach their sons to respect themselves and to demand respect from the girls they date. Luckily my sons listened to their mother - and so did my daughters!
Old 02-27-2014, 02:55 PM   #1318
sewmess
DIS Veteran

Taking time away from housework and crafting for lunch (never mind that it's almost 3) and stopping by to check in.

I did post a couple of the FB pictures of the bag, focusing on the applique, on the DISboutique thread.

Thank you for giving me something to look forward to on Monday. Mondays are usually the worst, well busiest for me, at work and I'll need the breather at sometime.

I think my lunch is ready and no, it's not as good as it should be, but my main problem is I'm lazy. I've got to set up my food source in house so the easy choice is the healthy choice. Which is on the top of my list.
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS 2014: Sick Trip
sewmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:40 AM   #1319
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
I can't wait to hear about the Doc..

Get in that sewing room!!! I want to see!!!

excited to hear about your plans too..
I did hear back yesterday... I will post what I know below.

I can't wait to share our plans!

Quote:
Waiting anxiously to hear Alli's results and see your Disney plans on Monday. Something for me to look forward to on a Monday morning
The Dr. finally called me back after 5pm last night... So, I will post the results below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
About not trusting the boys...

You know my husband carries a gun...and as he puts it he knows how to hide bodies... but my oldest daughter had one boyfriend that I could not stand...he was actually more afraid of me than he was husband! He knew husband would kill him, I would make his life miserable...forever!

You just have to instill the fear in them...much easier to trust them then! LOL!

Nini
Hahaha... You are right... Josh could hurt them, but I would make them miserable. I've always loved your way of thinking NIni.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthequeen View Post
I have 2 girls but I also have 2 boys - and from the other side of the coin, I've always tried to teach my boys to respect the girls they go out with. My younger son, Andrew didn't date much through high school (actually neither did my older son), but he did have a steady gf when he was a senior. I liked her well enough, but she was an aggressive type of person. I had to have "the talk" with him (again) about protecting himself. He had a bright future ahead of him and had early admission to a very good college. I reminded him that he did not want to have to suffer the consequences of his actions at that time in his life. He was embarrassed by my frankness, but was appreciative too. My kids are all adults now and are leading very productive lives.
My point is that while parents of girls need to teach their daughters to respect themselves and to demand respect from their boyfriends, it is just as important that the parents of boys teach their sons to respect themselves and to demand respect from the girls they date. Luckily my sons listened to their mother - and so did my daughters!
I totally and completely agree with this... THank you for sending such wonderful people out into the world...

Quote:
Taking time away from housework and crafting for lunch (never mind that it's almost 3) and stopping by to check in.

I did post a couple of the FB pictures of the bag, focusing on the applique, on the DISboutique thread.

Thank you for giving me something to look forward to on Monday. Mondays are usually the worst, well busiest for me, at work and I'll need the breather at sometime.

I think my lunch is ready and no, it's not as good as it should be, but my main problem is I'm lazy. I've got to set up my food source in house so the easy choice is the healthy choice. Which is on the top of my list
It sounds like you had a productive day.

I think your applique on the bag turned out great!

Yes, it is easier when your food choices are readily available. Which is why, when I am lazy, I just make myself eggs... I eat a lot of eggs. As it always seems I am lazy. LOL I also try to make up either a lb of hamburger or a lb of bacon (in the oven), so I have some meat to go on the side. It seems to work well for me.

First off... The Dr finally called me back last night... Shocking news... Everything looks good!!!! All of her results came back normal! There were 2 things that were off... First was her glucose test - she said it was a little high, but the 3 month test was fine... Not sure what that means? Then, she said that Alli's Vitamin D was extremely low (which is very common this time of year) - so she sent in a prescription for Vitamin D. Otherwise - all of her numbers were great. They are mailing me a copy of the results, then I will have the hard #s. So... I guess I can lay off for a while and stop fretting so much? But personally - I still don't think she is eating very healthy. However, as long as her #s are good, I will try not to harass her quite as much.

More health related news... Yesterday was my monthly weigh-in/measurement day/official progress photo day... For the month of Feb... Lbs lost = 4.6 for a total loss of 37.8 lbs in 11 months. I lost .25" on my forearm, .25" on my neck, 1" on my stomach, & 1" on my thigh. Also, I was +.5" on my abs and +1" on my hips. My wrist and calf remained the same. My average daily calorie intake for the month was 1685. I knew my loss/measurements wouldn't be that stellar this month, I just didn't "feel" it like I did in January. I am hoping for a better March. I did share my official weight loss photos in a few private FB groups yesterday, and overall I am happy with my progress - my only regret is that I didn't take pictures when I first started, my first progress photo is 2 months into it - but even comparing those to now, it's pretty significant. I wish I could share these pictures here, but they aren't the most family friendly - and who knows who actually reads here? So, you'll just have to trust me. This month, it's my goal to work really hard to get into those size 12 capris - I can get them on right now, but I have to lay on the bed to get them buttoned and the muffin top it creates is comical - so I'd like to make some progress on those. I did try on the size 12 swimsuit that I have for summer - and I am astonished to say that it fits! It's still a bit tight, but it looks better than those capris... Never thought I would say that about a swimsuit. LOL I am very excited to be able to wear some fun clothes this summer! Thank you to all of you for cheering me on every day... All of you inspire me in ways you can't imagine.

More health news... Hahaha... I guess it's a "health day" today. Victoria goes in for her physical this morning, with bloodwork too. We are a bit concerned about her eating habits too - she has some pretty crappy ones... She definately likes her sweets and her junk food - which I buy very little of... but she tends to spend her own $$ on it. So, we'll see how this goes.

And finally - on the health front... I have my physical scheduled for Tuesday morning - with bloodwork. I am a bit anxious to see the results of mine... I wish I would have had it done a year ago when the Dr originally ordered it for me, so I would have a baseline to compare my healthy changes to. Oh well. I do have a few concerns that I'd like to talk about... I am a little nervous about my diabetic risk... I've had a few little things occur over the last ~year - and upon doing a google search for those symptoms - it leads me to believe I may be diabetic - or close to it. Considering that my Dad is diabetic - I feel that this is a real possibility. However, since I have so drastically changed my eating habits over the last several months, I will say that my symptoms have greatly reduced. So... We'll see.

On to more fun things...

I finished my custom order bag for the week yesterday... I love, love, LOVE it!!! It's my first time working with these characters - and I am shocked it took so long for someone to order them, as they are quite popular. I am anxious to show you all... Maybe later today? I have to finish the wallet this afternoon first.

I texted a copy of our "officially-unofficial-subject-to-change Disney calendar" to BFF yesterday - she loves it! I cannot wait to show you all, it turned out pretty cute! It's a little busy for my liking, so I'll probably continue to tweek it, but it's fun!

We have a hockey game tonight - Matt is in the playoffs... It's do or die time for them... Each game is the end of they lose... Wish them luck!

So, that's about all for me today! I hope you all have a wonderful day... Sending out prayers to all who've requested them, and big to everyone else!

D~

Last edited by DMGeurts; 02-28-2014 at 05:49 AM.
DMGeurts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:48 AM   #1320
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

D that is GREAT! You've already lost so much- it will be slower now. The plus is that you are losing and keeping it off!

I don't think you are nuts for trying to instill healthy choices to the girls. They are young and numbers are good with little effort when you are young, right? As they get older, they will need to rely on healthy eating habits to retain good numbers.....although I do think genetics plays a role in the long term health area......but believe me, I'm no expert here- just kind of thinking out loud???? Have a magical day (I miss Disney!!)!

August 2014 Trip Report (In progress) http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3324325

Pre -Trip Report for August 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215904

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
August 2013 Walt Disney World - Pop Century
DisMom1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
august, bags, park bags, sewing, weight loss

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: