Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2014, 09:54 AM   #1291
lovedonaldduck
DIS Veteran

Hope you get Alli's results soon - waiting is no fun!

I managed to get a run in yesterday at the end of the day. I'm thinking of doing an end of the work day/first thing in the morning combo for my work outs. I need to decide how many days I'm going to try to get a work out in, and then on work days that I know ahead of time won't be possible to cut out at 4 (today - I'm meeting a friend for lunch, next Tuesday - Charlotte has a doctor's appointment) I'll do the work out at home first thing in the morning. I'm hoping giving myself some flexibility and options will help me stick with this and get into a good routine that will help my health, mood, and weight.

Our Spring Break plans are up in the air right now. I did some research yesterday. We can do 5 nights at Pop with 4 day tickets for under $1100, which I don't think is too bad. I don't mind the value resorts but I certainly appreciate the moderates and deluxes (we usually rent DVC points) - Caribbean Beach and Coronado Springs are about $1300 each but I'd much rather do French Quarter for $1600 This will have to be a budget trip though, so I imagine it will be Pop, depending on what I find out when I call about military rates. I hate that you can't check military rates online. The other option, which is more DH's speed, would be going to Hilton Head. We can get a 2-bedroom villa for $1700 which we could split with my parents and there wouldn't be any park tickets so it would probably end up about the same as Disney. I may just go start a pre-trip report so I can stop clogging up your report, D.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:05 AM   #1292
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad the doctor visit went well, but I hate that the doctor didn't reprimand Alli's eating choices. If the blood work shows a deficiency, I'm sure she'll talk more about nutrition to Alli. Hope you hear today.

Jennifer had another x-ray and they saw she had a fracture. But the good news is, it is healing on its own already. She is going to undergo a 30 minute procedure under anesthetic to straighten her leg. Then they will put a cast from thigh to ankle to keep her leg straight. She'll have to be in the cast 2 weeks, then will be put in a metal brace that will keep it straight, but will be less cumbersome and she'll be able to shower. She is walking with a crutch still and limping badly enough to be causing problems in her back and knee. The doctor says the tendons, ligaments and muscles are just bunched up and the PT isn't enough to keep them straight. So, hopefully this will help. It means I'll be heading back to Virginia for at least two weeks since she won't be able to drive. But she'll be more mobile than before, so it won't be so physically hard on me. Thanks for asking!

I just got completely caught up on your report. It took a while, but was very interesting. I love the Dumbo bag! I think I have a soft spot for Dumbo because I remember seeing the movie as a child. (can you believe it's THAT old???) You captured that little guy perfectly! And you know I love Mo's bag. The Belle bag is beautiful! I, too, love the lining fabric. And you did your usual stellar job of stitching and capturing expressions. Chip just jumps out with that ornery little grin!

And my goodness, D~ your progress photos don't lie...you've done an amazing job! I always thought you were beautiful, with one of the best smiles I've ever seen, but now you look 10 years younger. (And you didn't look you age before either!) I hope that soon you'll be able to focus on the progress you've made instead of what you have yet to achieve. A SIZE 12, girl!! Celebrate!

I will second (or third) the thought of a Christmas-time trip to Disney with your Dad. It is just an amazing time to be there. You can spend time resort hoping to see all the spectacular decorations. The Osborne lights are worth it all by themselves. And the Candlelight Processional is so moving and special. It is just so great to spend the best time of year at the best place on earth. Hope it can happen for you both.

And the whole Valentine thing, we usually go out for dinner, but we have "date night" every Friday, so we maybe go somewhere a little more pricey or special on V Day. For years Dan would surprise me with flowers for no real reason. Sometimes just a single rose, sometimes a bouquet or a plant. He told me he would never get me flowers for V Day because it wouldn't mean all that much. He's right, IMO. This year, though, he bought me a Mickey/Minnie handbag. Surprised me completely. There's a story behind it, but I can't tell it yet.

Okay, I've got to get going, but I wanted to tell you to have a wonderful day and happy sewing.
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2014, 10:06 AM   #1293
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I hope you get Alli's results soon; I hate that waiting game.

Love the photo of her getting a sticker.

Hard when your kids have a boyfriend/girlfriend. I didn't adjust to it well at first either.

Love the hairclip from oopsi-Daisy.

Have fun in your sewing room today.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:33 AM   #1294
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the blanket!!! she did a fantastic job. Geez all of you are so talented!!!

hope you get the results SOON!!!

Nice Chicago shirt...

Love ya mean it!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GUS!
Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:43 AM   #1295
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I promised I would stop by with an update from Alli's appt... It went well, she is doing well, and she is healthy. The Dr. doesn't seem too concerned with her vegetarian eating... asked her all sorts of questions about the kinds of foods she is eating... Maybe I am blowing things out of proportion? Maybe? We will see what the bloodwork says when it comes back, because it will tell us the truth.

The Dr. said I should have results of everything (except the Vitamin D) by this afternoon. I"ve been anxiously awaiting the phone call, but as of now, it's silent. :/

Now, I am off to research some recipes, to see if I can find anything good to make for dinner tonight... One of the big comlaints at our family meeting (from Josh and I) is the craziness of me making 3 different meals per night... So, I am going to attemt to see if I can streamline things a little bit better? So far, on the menu is pork chops and brussels sprouts... Need more for Alli, and add a potato for DH and V.

Have a great afternoon all!

D~
We have someone at work who has been a vegetarian all her life - her parents were vegetarians, so you would think she would be a little better at trying to get better foods to eat. But I just cringe at how much bread she eats. A sandwich would be two slices of bread with lettuce, tomato, etc. What kind of nutrition is that? She is also about 5'11" and can't weight more than 110 pounds. But she also eats veggie burgers and things like that, so it isn't all just a bunch of wheat.

I share your concern when I see teens who claim to be vegetarian but only eat breads and chips. I am really surprised that the doctor didn't seem more concerned with Ali's diet. I'm sure you wouldn't have minded a bit more support in that department.

Have you tried soy milk in the smoothies? That is what I add to mine. And Mexican food is a great option for the vegetarians and the gluten-free people. It is an easy fast food option, too. Adding more beans to the diet will help.

Good luck with the diets and recipes.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:08 PM   #1296
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran

Quote:

(I suck at taking selfies... LOL)

D~
Look at your skinny self!!!!
Old 02-25-2014, 02:12 PM   #1297
babynala
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
How about a couple more then? I know you've seen these on FB but they are just too darn cute to not share again.

Oh my what a cutie. Love seeing pictures of your little one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthequeen View Post
That is exactly what I was thinking!!!

D~ Can't wait to see your next bag with all these appliques.

Hope you don't mind but I wanted to point out my new ticker. I am so excited to be going on our first ever cruise in a little more then a month. We (ok, me and the kids) have been talking about going on a Disney cruise forever and I guess my DH finally took note because he booked a trip a few weeks ago after talking to his friend who lives in Florida and often goes on the Disney cruise. I'm not sure what prompted the actual booking but he wasn't planning on telling us until about a week or two before but Curtis got the mail the other day and found a letter from the Disney Cruise line. So excited and more then a little surprised - I don't usually let my DH plan any vacations / trips but I think I will let this one slide. Hope you don't mind the hijacking of your PTR.

Last edited by babynala; 02-25-2014 at 02:32 PM. Reason: added note
babynala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:58 AM   #1298
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Quote:
You can share this little guy any time you want... He is such a little peanut!!! So precious!
I think his new nickname is going to be peanut. That's what my mom calls him too!! He is a cutie!! I do enjoy all the time I get to spend with him. I'll be sure to get some more of him with his brother's and sister and start sharing them. Today Jeremy brought tears to my eyes with how much he loves him (especially considering some of the things he said about not wanting the baby while I was pregnant with him). I had Baby Jeffrey sitting next to me on the couch and was getting ready to feed him and he started fussing a little bit and Jeremy comes over to him, puts his hands gently under his back/neck/head and goes nose to nose and smiles at him and tells him "It's ok baby, big brother has you." Baby Jeffrey just looked at him and smiled. Wish I could have gotten a picture but they were way to close to me for it to turn out so I just enjoyed the moment.

Quote:
I am very anxious for spring... I cannot wait to get outside to start walking again... So tired of being cooped up.
I don't blame you. If I was having to deal with all that I'd be anxious for spring too. Our rain is supposed to start tomorrow night which we need but I'm not looking forward to having to deal with it if it's still raining when I have to bring the kids to and from school.

Quote:
I hope so too... I will be sharing the results when I get them back - as I am sure I will need help deciphering them. LOL
Hope those results came back and you got them.

So tomorrow I go in for my blood work from the gestational diabetes. Hoping everything I've been doing has managed to have it go away now that I've had the baby. I'll let you know once I have my results back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
Thank you!! Since D has given me permission to bombard her thread with pictures I'll be sure to share more as I take them. Really need to get more of him with the other kids too because they really do love him.

Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:12 AM   #1299
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedonaldduck View Post
Hope you get Alli's results soon - waiting is no fun!
Still no results... Sigh.

Quote:
I managed to get a run in yesterday at the end of the day. I'm thinking of doing an end of the work day/first thing in the morning combo for my work outs. I need to decide how many days I'm going to try to get a work out in, and then on work days that I know ahead of time won't be possible to cut out at 4 (today - I'm meeting a friend for lunch, next Tuesday - Charlotte has a doctor's appointment) I'll do the work out at home first thing in the morning. I'm hoping giving myself some flexibility and options will help me stick with this and get into a good routine that will help my health, mood, and weight.
This sounds like a great plan... Gotta make it work however you can. One thing I am learning... The compostion of your body is 80% diet and 20% excercise... And I am proving this every single day... How I eat is much more important than how much I work out. Just food for thought.

Quote:
Our Spring Break plans are up in the air right now. I did some research yesterday. We can do 5 nights at Pop with 4 day tickets for under $1100, which I don't think is too bad. I don't mind the value resorts but I certainly appreciate the moderates and deluxes (we usually rent DVC points) - Caribbean Beach and Coronado Springs are about $1300 each but I'd much rather do French Quarter for $1600 This will have to be a budget trip though, so I imagine it will be Pop, depending on what I find out when I call about military rates. I hate that you can't check military rates online. The other option, which is more DH's speed, would be going to Hilton Head. We can get a 2-bedroom villa for $1700 which we could split with my parents and there wouldn't be any park tickets so it would probably end up about the same as Disney. I may just go start a pre-trip report so I can stop clogging up your report, D.
I know - it's so much more fun to keep adding on, but you have to do what you can afford. No reason to go into debt over a vacation - IMO.

You are welcome to hog my report with trip plans anytime... Especially seeing as I can't post mine until next week. The Dis prefers that I stay on Disney topics, and any help I can get with that is always welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
I'm so glad the doctor visit went well, but I hate that the doctor didn't reprimand Alli's eating choices. If the blood work shows a deficiency, I'm sure she'll talk more about nutrition to Alli. Hope you hear today.
I know, I know... It is frustrating. I just hope her bloodwork comes back soon - if she is deficient in anything, I want to be able to help her get what she needs.

Quote:
Jennifer had another x-ray and they saw she had a fracture. But the good news is, it is healing on its own already. She is going to undergo a 30 minute procedure under anesthetic to straighten her leg. Then they will put a cast from thigh to ankle to keep her leg straight. She'll have to be in the cast 2 weeks, then will be put in a metal brace that will keep it straight, but will be less cumbersome and she'll be able to shower. She is walking with a crutch still and limping badly enough to be causing problems in her back and knee. The doctor says the tendons, ligaments and muscles are just bunched up and the PT isn't enough to keep them straight. So, hopefully this will help. It means I'll be heading back to Virginia for at least two weeks since she won't be able to drive. But she'll be more mobile than before, so it won't be so physically hard on me. Thanks for asking!
Wow Lois! I am so sorry for Jennifer - I was soooo hoping that the healing would be well on it's way. My continued prayers go out to her, as always. She is so very lucky to have you for a mom - and the grands are so lucky to have you as well... You take such great care of them.

Quote:
I just got completely caught up on your report. It took a while, but was very interesting. I love the Dumbo bag! I think I have a soft spot for Dumbo because I remember seeing the movie as a child. (can you believe it's THAT old???) You captured that little guy perfectly! And you know I love Mo's bag. The Belle bag is beautiful! I, too, love the lining fabric. And you did your usual stellar job of stitching and capturing expressions. Chip just jumps out with that ornery little grin!
Thank you Lois... That Dumbo bag turned out to be one of my all time favorites... The funny thing is that I questioned my fabric choices a bazillion times over for that bag - and in the end, I am soooo happy I went with my original thought, it turned out much better than I thought it would.

Quote:
And my goodness, D~ your progress photos don't lie...you've done an amazing job! I always thought you were beautiful, with one of the best smiles I've ever seen, but now you look 10 years younger. (And you didn't look you age before either!) I hope that soon you'll be able to focus on the progress you've made instead of what you have yet to achieve. A SIZE 12, girl!! Celebrate!
Aww... Thanks Lois... I am still such a work in progress, and so much more I want to accomplish. It is still so hard to celebrate, when what I see in the mirror is so different than what everyone else sees... I hope my mind gets there soon - but in a way - the mental lapse is keeping me going too...

And LOL - I ordered a size 12 for spring... It doesn't quite fit well enough to wear into public yet (Have to lay on the bed to get them on... ) - but I sure hope, by the time it's warm enough to wear them, they will fit properly.

Quote:
I will second (or third) the thought of a Christmas-time trip to Disney with your Dad. It is just an amazing time to be there. You can spend time resort hoping to see all the spectacular decorations. The Osborne lights are worth it all by themselves. And the Candlelight Processional is so moving and special. It is just so great to spend the best time of year at the best place on earth. Hope it can happen for you both.
This is definately something I really want to try to do with him - even if it's a "short" trip... I think that a 5 day trip (6 nights) would be perfect... One day in each park and a day off in the middle... We'll see... It will be - for sure - another year. I need to see how our trip to WA goes next summer.

Quote:
And the whole Valentine thing, we usually go out for dinner, but we have "date night" every Friday, so we maybe go somewhere a little more pricey or special on V Day. For years Dan would surprise me with flowers for no real reason. Sometimes just a single rose, sometimes a bouquet or a plant. He told me he would never get me flowers for V Day because it wouldn't mean all that much. He's right, IMO. This year, though, he bought me a Mickey/Minnie handbag. Surprised me completely. There's a story behind it, but I can't tell it yet.
I think that's so sweet that you do date night every Friday... Maybe once the girls leave for college, we can do something like that?

Ooooh... I want to hear the Mickey/Minnie handbag story!!!! Speaking of which... I am waiting anxiously for your TR to start!

Quote:
Okay, I've got to get going, but I wanted to tell you to have a wonderful day and happy sewing.
You too Lois, thank you for taking the time to stop by and catch up. Much love to you and yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I hope you get Alli's results soon; I hate that waiting game.
Me too... No calls yesterday either... Sigh.

Quote:
Love the photo of her getting a sticker.
LOL - she reminded me of when she was a little girl... It was just yesterday... Sigh - they grow so fast.

Quote:
Hard when your kids have a boyfriend/girlfriend. I didn't adjust to it well at first either.
Yes, it is... But - so far - as much as I don't want to - I really like him. He is very nice and respectful... He calls me "ma'am"... Polite... And doesn't seem to mind our strict rules...

Quote:
Love the hairclip from oopsi-Daisy.

Have fun in your sewing room today.
Thank you - me too... I can't wait to wear it to work today! I think I am going to wear my Mickey earrings and bracelet too... might as well complete the ensemble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the blanket!!! she did a fantastic job. Geez all of you are so talented!!!
Thank you - I am just so proud of her... It took her SO much time.

Quote:
hope you get the results SOON!!!
Me too! Still waiting...

Quote:
Nice Chicago shirt...

Love ya mean it!
Thank you - right back atcha girly!

Quote:
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
We have someone at work who has been a vegetarian all her life - her parents were vegetarians, so you would think she would be a little better at trying to get better foods to eat. But I just cringe at how much bread she eats. A sandwich would be two slices of bread with lettuce, tomato, etc. What kind of nutrition is that? She is also about 5'11" and can't weight more than 110 pounds. But she also eats veggie burgers and things like that, so it isn't all just a bunch of wheat.

I share your concern when I see teens who claim to be vegetarian but only eat breads and chips. I am really surprised that the doctor didn't seem more concerned with Ali's diet. I'm sure you wouldn't have minded a bit more support in that department.
You are right, this is my biggest concern for her. It bothers me a lot that the FDA's former food pyramid and now (I think it's a) pie has made us believe that grains are the BEST food for you - when they don't offer any nutrition at all - or not any nutrition that you can't get from a more natural source... Grains are the ULTIMATE in processed food - there is nothing natural about them - despite the beliefs of Conventional Wisdom. So, seeing Alli eat a diet of mainly grains is truly bothersome to me... Her meals consist mostly grains, and a few veggies... Snacking is absent minded (or at least the snacking I see...)... For me - I have to work hard every single day just to hit my macros, and I can eat meat to help me out... For her - she would have to work double hard, and she doesn't do that. Praying the bloodwork results open her eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
Have you tried soy milk in the smoothies? That is what I add to mine. And Mexican food is a great option for the vegetarians and the gluten-free people. It is an easy fast food option, too. Adding more beans to the diet will help.

Good luck with the diets and recipes.
Thank you for the ideas - I really appreciate it. I will look into this more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthequeen View Post
Thanks Tess... Still a work in progress.

Quote:
I know - I am so glad she shares here!

Quote:
That is exactly what I was thinking!!!

D~ Can't wait to see your next bag with all these appliques.
Thanks Liz!

Quote:
Hope you don't mind but I wanted to point out my new ticker. I am so excited to be going on our first ever cruise in a little more then a month. We (ok, me and the kids) have been talking about going on a Disney cruise forever and I guess my DH finally took note because he booked a trip a few weeks ago after talking to his friend who lives in Florida and often goes on the Disney cruise. I'm not sure what prompted the actual booking but he wasn't planning on telling us until about a week or two before but Curtis got the mail the other day and found a letter from the Disney Cruise line. So excited and more then a little surprised - I don't usually let my DH plan any vacations / trips but I think I will let this one slide. Hope you don't mind the hijacking of your PTR.
I absolutely do NOT mind at all... I am so excited for you!! HOW FUN!!!! And what a nice surprise!!!! EEEEEK!!! YOu must all be on cloud 9 for sure!!!! I'd love to know more about your plans! Are you flying down or driving? How long of a cruise is it??? Tell me more!

Quote:
I think his new nickname is going to be peanut. That's what my mom calls him too!! He is a cutie!! I do enjoy all the time I get to spend with him. I'll be sure to get some more of him with his brother's and sister and start sharing them. Today Jeremy brought tears to my eyes with how much he loves him (especially considering some of the things he said about not wanting the baby while I was pregnant with him). I had Baby Jeffrey sitting next to me on the couch and was getting ready to feed him and he started fussing a little bit and Jeremy comes over to him, puts his hands gently under his back/neck/head and goes nose to nose and smiles at him and tells him "It's ok baby, big brother has you." Baby Jeffrey just looked at him and smiled. Wish I could have gotten a picture but they were way to close to me for it to turn out so I just enjoyed the moment.
That is just the sweetest story ever... One for his baby book and one to lock away in your memories.

Quote:
I don't blame you. If I was having to deal with all that I'd be anxious for spring too. Our rain is supposed to start tomorrow night which we need but I'm not looking forward to having to deal with it if it's still raining when I have to bring the kids to and from school.
Yup - I am desperate for capri and flip-flop weather!

Quote:
Hope those results came back and you got them.
Not yet... The phone was silent yesterday. Sigh.

Quote:
So tomorrow I go in for my blood work from the gestational diabetes. Hoping everything I've been doing has managed to have it go away now that I've had the baby. I'll let you know once I have my results back.
Oooh - good luck today! I have a good feeling that your numbers will be perfect. YOu'll be in my prayers.

Quote:
Thank you!! Since D has given me permission to bombard her thread with pictures I'll be sure to share more as I take them. Really need to get more of him with the other kids too because they really do love him.
Yes - Love seeing pictures of him!

I am so happy that I made such good progress in my sewing room yesterday. I was certain this would be a 2 day applique, but miraculously - I was able to get it drawn/cut/pieced/stitched completely! And it turned out great! Very happy about it!

Dinner last night was good, we had a good time... I do enjoy Alli's boyfriend a lot... He is very funny and makes some witty comments, and he seems to tolerate my obsessive need to chaperone their "dates" right now. For that matter - I was willing to let them meet for coffee alone after school yesterday, and it was him that suggested he would rather come for dinner... Fine by me... I would rather have them here where I can keep an eye, then somewhere that I can't. I know, I know... but this is all new territory for me.

I work all day at Target today... And it's my new early shift. Hopefully it goes well.

I hope you all have a wonderful day. Sending out good thoughts and prayers to all who need them.

D~

Last edited by DMGeurts; 02-26-2014 at 06:19 AM.
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:44 AM   #1300
DreamingofCastles
Earning My Ears

Thought about Alli today when I was reading our local paper. There's a book called The Smart Girl's Guide to Going Vegetarian that is geared towards teenagers. It might have just the info that Alli needs to help her!
And Congrats on your healthy eating and weight loss! I need to read up on the Paleo diet....I have been pretty much doing that for almost 9 months (without knowing it had a name!) since I've been dairy and gluten free. I know that you love your dairy products but I didn't know how bad they were making me feel until I gave them up. Keep up the good work, whatever works for you and your family!!
Old 02-26-2014, 07:56 AM   #1301
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

can't wait to see the new bag!!!!

Gus.. He needs a bag.. that's a Disney character.. so he should fit in your family!!

good luck at target!
Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:14 AM   #1302
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

When my middle son was in high school...his first girlfriend was like part of the family. They did not break up until her last year in medical school. I was heartbroken! It wasn't just he lost a girlfriend, it was like I had lost a daughter! In fact she and her new husband are practically like family still! (very hard on my son as her new husband was one of his best friends...did not end well)

When my daughter broke up with her first serious boyfriend...well let's just say his family is still very close to me and my heart...and now that he is engaged I can't wait for the wedding! He is such a sweet guy.

They all joke that I get closer to their dates than they do!

Nini

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

NiniMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:21 AM   #1303
MatoMany
Mouseketeer

Congrats on the weightloss!

My daughters are already being told that when they are old enough (Id prefer they wait until after high school) to start dating we want them to have the young man come talk to my husband and myself before asking them out. We want to make sure he has good intentions. Yes, some would say overprotective, I prefer cautious. Doesn't help 2 of my husband's sisters and a few of his female cousins were teen moms so he wants to make sure we monitor our girls a lot more than his sisters/cousins were monitors. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with not wanting them to go on one-on-one dates, they are still very very young no matter how grown up they think they are.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:40 AM   #1304
lovedonaldduck
DIS Veteran

I'm so happy to see other over-protective moms here. I really want to raise our girls with more old-fashioned ideas of dating and boys. I hope that we can instill that in them despite what they will see all around them.

I am moving forward with Spring Break plans and planning on starting a pre-trip report if I can get Photobucket to cooperate! I've found a couple of options for boarding our dog and I'm waiting to hear back from a possible pet sitter about her availability. Fingers crossed I can get everything lined up and convince my husband that this is a good idea!

I ate a good dinner last night and a good breakfast this morning so that is on track for better eating. Hoping to get a run in at the end of the day today.

Where are Alli's test results!?! How frustrating. Hope you hear something soon and I hope the results will help move Alli in a healthier direction.

Hope everyone has a great day today!
Old 02-26-2014, 09:45 AM   #1305
Clio
Mouseketeer

I was the same way with my daughter's first boyfriend. Her fianc is my boss at work and I've know him longer that she has. He's just part of the family now. Speaking of the boyfriend, his Disney trip with family isn't as much fun as it is when he goes with us. Monday his mother make it to the entrance and decide that she was tired and didn't want to go into the Magic Kingdom. He'd just gotten his annual pass and when for a few minutes. Yesterday the whole family wen to the Magic Kingdom and he went off by himself. He did get to ride the mountains with his nieces so I guess the whole day wasn't a loss. he said it's busy right now.
You look really good in that last picture. the weight loss is really noticeable.
I hope work goes well for you today. It's been sort of busy at mine. We had our semi annual inspection of photo on Monday. Let's just say we passed.
The good news is we're getting a new printer in March. Fuji says that they're replacing it before there are problems. I guess not communicating with the main unit and crashing aren't considered problems. Also, the company is planning on redoing the photo center. Our last redo was 5 years ago.
Liz
Clio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
august, bags, park bags, sewing, weight loss

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: