Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2014, 09:52 AM   #901
GrammyJudy
DIS Veteran

Judy I was watching American Idol and there was a girl that looked a bit like Rachel with a fedora and I thought "Boy Rachel should go on this, she is much better"

Hope you are having an awesome time.
Old 01-18-2014, 12:31 AM   #902
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Yay!!! I happened to hop on last night and read this... So, I jumped on here rigth away this morning to see if there were any updates... If you went in last night - I pray all is well. (((hugs))) Let us know when you can.
Yeah nothing has else has moved forward yet. I guess I got my hopes up!! My mom did arrive from Oregon today so that is great. Means I don't have to worry about the kids when I do go into labor now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
Could Sandra be at the hospital??? Hope so!
I wish I was!!! But nope nothing yet.

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2014, 05:53 AM   #903
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
No, they would not have. So you didn't miss out on anything. And, I think you need to book 4 nights to qualify for FD anyways? So, it really wouldn't have worked for you, unless you could stay at least that long - and even then, it may not have been to your benefit, because I think you need 4 days of park passes too? NOt sure on that. D~
Disney never cuts me a break! Good thing I love it so much!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Pre -Trip Report for August 2014 (In progress)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215904

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
August 2013 Walt Disney World - Pop Century
DisMom1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:02 AM   #904
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse_Mommy4 View Post
You're right D about the tickets and food being OOP. You used to be able to pick up your park tickets up to 3 days before your package started at guest relations but I'm not sure if that still applies with the new magic bands. There is a sticky on the discount and code thread about tickets that may have an answer for you.

I wish you the best with your decision friend.
That's what I thought too, but I guess it's all different now. It's OK - we will figure it out somehow. LOL I guess I will just have to figure out a bunch of scenerios and try to work it out.

It would be so much easier if we hadn't had a taste of the water parks... That's our biggest issue - every time we go - we try something new - then that "something new" becomes a "must-do" and viola... We have to add another 2 or 3 days to our trips... Disney knows exactly what they are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkercc View Post
Hi D,

Just my two cents but I think a DD day is a great idea. We fit one in every trip. You can just relax, walk around and get ready for your first day in the parks. You'll be refreshed from traveling the day before and be well rested for the next day! Of course hanging out at the pool or checking out other resorts would be fun too! Just a thought!! My kiddos make t-shirts at the Hanes store every time! I hope they're not too old when we go this Spring. Have a great day!
I was thinking this too... We have a few options that I am exploring - which I will post below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I like the idea of pool and DTD by coming a day earlier; this is what Mark and I do on most of our trips. It will help you relax after traveling.

We are working a wrestling tournament at high school tomorrow so may not get on here, so have a good weekend.
I am thinking that as well - I think it would be a nice start to our trip. I hope you have a good weekend Kathy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
DD is always my down day.. so this might work for you... traveling is always stressful then to hit the park by the end of the day your exhausted! maybe a different plan might be good! and more relaxing!!! this way you will be FRESH and ready to take Disney by the genies!!!

SHOW YOUR DISNEY SIDE D!!! Get em!!
LOL I know - I would prefer a down day in the middle of our trip, but I dunno... I do like a day of relaxation before we hit the parks too. I will type up a few scenerios below, because there are a few options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
I don't know, but since the point of adding a day was to have a "down" day, wouldn't it be more beneficial to make your down day in the middle of your trip when you may really need a respite from the heat? I know you don't want to miss time with your family, but to me, a rest day before you even start seems like a waste. On the day we arrive, I'm so excited, it doesn't matter how tired I am, I'm getting to a park!!! But, that's me. I'm sorry this is causing you so much trouble. Planning should be fun, right? Good luck and I know whatever you decide you'll have a fantastic time! Oh, and glad Target day was a good one!

Could Sandra be at the hospital??? Hope so!

ETA: I get what everyone is saying, and it does have merit to rest up then hit the ground running the next day. I just CANNOT arrive and NOT go to a park. Just me.
Yes - I have the same problem, and I completely understand both sides. It's tradition for the girls and I to hit MK on our arrival day, so it would be very odd for us not to do that. But on the flip side - we usually don't get much accomplished on that first MK night, because I want to be back to the resort early to rest up for the rest of our trip... So there are benefits to just getting there and relaxing by the pool and taking a boat to DTD - it does sound rather appealing to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthequeen View Post
I kind of agree with Lois on this one - if the point of another day is to have a down day, it doesn't make much sense to have it at the beginning of your trip. Here's another idea - if you were planning to get water park tickets, why not make the first day a water park day - you could get your tickets separate from the park tickets, rather than adding that cost to the park tickets - it would come out about the same cost?
I know... I agree to some extent... I am going to type up a few of our ideas for plans, then you all can see what you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammyJudy View Post
Judy I was watching American Idol and there was a girl that looked a bit like Rachel with a fedora and I thought "Boy Rachel should go on this, she is much better"

Hope you are having an awesome time.
Hi!!! I hope you are well, I haven't see you here in a while. I think you may have wanted to post this on Judy's PTR and not mine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Yeah nothing has else has moved forward yet. I guess I got my hopes up!! My mom did arrive from Oregon today so that is great. Means I don't have to worry about the kids when I do go into labor now.

I wish I was!!! But nope nothing yet.
Bummer... I just had a FEELING you'd had him. OK... Well, thanks for checking in... I am glad your mom is there now, so you don't have to worry about leaving the kids. Keep us updated when you can - and don't stay gone too long, or we will all go to thinking you've had him. Praying for a safe and PAINLESS delivery for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMom1981 View Post
Disney never cuts me a break! Good thing I love it so much!

I know the feeling... Even when they do cut us a break - it's still expensive.

I finished my bag yesterday morning... I love, love, love it! I will be doing the wallet today. Not sure if I am going to post pictures this afternoon or wait until Monday?

I wasn't going to - but I did in the end - I did a little grocery shopping trip. I have not done any coupon clipping in weeks - I've been so busy. Which means, I have't done any real grocery shopping either. So, I went to town yesterday before I had to pick up Alli - and I did some shopping. It felt good to get a good round of groceries into the house.

Then I took Alli to her appt... Darn near fell asleep in the waiting room.

Afterwards, we went to the actual grocery store to get some produce (since our Target doesn't carry produce)... Spent more at the grocery store than I did at Target. Sigh.

We went home, had dinner... V babysat the neighbors... Josh and Alli went to a hockey game... And I sat home watching Molly Ringwald movies and fell asleep in my recliner. Overall - it was a nice night.

Soooo... Here's some different Disney planning scenerios for you all... Tell me what you think.

Scenerio #1: 1 day early arrival. No days off in the middle, but it will give us a 2nd FULL day at MK - which I think we will need and the girls agree. This scenerio would mean that our water park days would also be our "rest days". This puts us home the day after B/M/T arrive.

Day 1: Arrive at the resort approx 1pm - Relax by pool - DTD All meals OOP.
Day 2: MK all day (Possible LTT lunch or BoG dinner)
Day 3: DHS 50's PT
Day 4: Water Park (possible evening TS meal)
Day 5: Epcot (Akershus)
Day 6: Water Park (possible evening TS meal)
Day 7: AK (early breakfast at Tusker House)
Day 8: MK (early breakfast at Crystal Palace)
Day 9: Fly

Scenerio #2: Arrive 1 day early... And stay one day late... I like this plan the most - as it gives us a day of rest when we arrive... A second full day at MK + a day off in the middle... But it puts us home 2 days after B/M/T arrive - which I do not like at all. I am OK flying in the day after they get there - but I feel like 2 days later is just too much

Day 1: Arrive at the resort approx 1pm - Relax by pool - DTD All meals OOP.
Day 2: MK all day (Possible LTT lunch or BoG dinner)
Day 3: DHS 50's PT
Day 4: Water Park (possible evening TS meal)
Day 5: Epcot (Akershus)
Day 6: Off
Day 7: Water Park (possible evening TS meal)
Day 8: AK (early breakfast at Tusker House)
Day 9: MK (early breakfast at Crystal Palace)
Day 10: Fly

Scenerio #3: Arrive on time, leave a day later than we want to, but we'd have a day off in the middle. This puts us home 2 days after B/M/T arrive.

Day 1: Arrival day/MK half day
Day 2: DHS
Day 3: Water Park
Day 4: Epcot
Day 5: Off
Day 6: Water Park
Day 7: AK
Day 8: MK
Day 9: Fly

Scenerio #4: Arrive on time, leave on time. No days off - our water park days would have to be our "rest days". This scenerio is most cost effective and gets us home when we need to be home.

Day 1: Arrival day/MK evening
Day 2: DHS
Day 3: Water Park
Day 4: Epcot
Day 5: Water Park
Day 6: AK
Day 7: MK
Day 8: Fly

There is also a 5th scenerio we could do... It would cost us more $$ (I'd have to work the #s)... But we could arrive 2 days early... buy our water park passes seperately... Pay for those meals OOP... Then leave so we arrive home the day after B/M/T arrive... So, I just crunched a few #s... This does not appear to be an option for us - just by my rough figures, adding these 2 days would add an additional $1000 on to the cost of our trip, which I just cannot do. It it not cost effective at all. It was a great idea in theory - but I just can't afford it.

Scenerio #5:

Day 1: Fly/DTD
Day 2: Water Park
Day 3: MK
Day 4: DHS
Day 5: Off
Day 6: Epcot
Day 7: Water Park
Day 8: AK
Day 9: MK
Day 10: Fly

Clearly - we want to go for as long as we can go, and get as much done as possible - but it's most important for us to be home and spend as much time with B/M/T as possible. Scenerio #3 & #4 will have us hitting the ground running and no stopping for air in between. What I want - and what I need for this trip... I NEED it to be as CHEAP as possible - if there is any hope at all of Josh letting us go. I also NEED it to not interfere with B/M/T's trip home... These are most important... Death by heat and exhaustion is also a big concern.

What would you do?

D~

Last edited by DMGeurts; 01-18-2014 at 08:27 AM.
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:22 AM   #905
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

If you don't want to come home 2 days after everyone gets there remove those scenarios. Then work it down that way.. then remove the most expensive. Then your down even more..
How does bff feel about it?

Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:03 AM   #906
Clio
Mouseketeer

I'd either go with the first one or just stick with the original plan.
All your plans seem more relaxed than ours. We tend to park hop and shopping while down at Disney. Last year we drove over to Cocoa Beach to visit friends one morning and went to MK in the evening.
I haven't being around much. I caught a nasty stomach bug at work and have been sick for a few days. As my boss said, the aliens don't wan to leave my stomach. I'm supposed to go to a baby shower tomorrow. I'll have to see how I feel.
I haven't been to the grocery store in a couple of weeks. I'm sending my daughter out with the list and coupons. It'll be interesting.
I'm glad your dad's settled in. I can sympathize with your feeling about not doing enough. Even though, my niece , sister and I are over my mom's a lot.(my niece goes over everyday) We can tell she's not the same person she was but she won't leave home. We just try to do the best we can. I don't know who did the grocery shopping for her since I was sick.
I love the new Mickey bag you made and can't wait to see your latest project.
I finished 2 baby afghans and have one left. Then I have 3 shawls for my daughters wedding. I'd rather be sewing.
Liz
Clio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:34 AM   #907
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

What about staying off property the first two days (rest/water park)? Cheaper room and food. We had a few rest days last year prior to POP and stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn on I Drive right by US. It was so much cheaper and we also couldn't believe how much cheaper eating off property was. You'd have to find a cheap car rental- not sure if it would be that much cheaper at the end of the day though. And I know......it's not the same Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

July 2012 Disney Fantasy

Last edited by DisMom1981; 01-18-2014 at 01:56 PM.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:47 AM   #908
Nurse_Mommy4
DIS Veteran

Hey D!

I like scenario #1 the best! We often use our waterpark days as "rest" days! Waterpark touring for us is not nearly as exhausting as regular park touring. Maybe it's because we are in water cooling off most of the day! Four or five hours at the waterpark and a TS meal that night for dinner and I'm ready to hit the parks again the next day!
Old 01-18-2014, 01:25 PM   #909
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran

If you are going to use your water park day as a down day anyway, I'd just stick with the original plan.
Wait.....we're staying where? and when??

2001 - All Star Movies; 2010 - POFQ; 2011 - POFQ; 2013- Caribbean Beach
Iamthequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:50 PM   #910
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Sooooo.... I'm checking in today from the HOSPITAL!!! Baby Jeffrey Aaron Jr. Arrived at 8:18 am weighing in at 7 lbs 5 oz and is 20 3/4 inches long!!! Both of us are doing great! We should be going home tomorrow and I'll post pictures then. If your friends with me on FB you can check them out now.

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:06 AM   #911
sweetpeaandevie
DIS Veteran

Hey D!!!!

I am back. I am so hopelessly behind that I must confess, I only skimmed the last few pages.

I hope you had a good holiday season even though you had so much going on. I'm glad that you got your father into a good place. It will do him so much good to be around other people. You are a wonderful daughter, do not be so hard on yourself!!!!

..........moving on..........I have never been to Disney, and certainly am NOT an expert, but I think you should come home instead of staying after B/M/T arrive. Yes, it stinks to not have a day off in the middle, but maybe you could just take it a little slower this trip. It is so important to have time with family and you don't get to see them that often. That's just my opinion, for what its worth......

I have seen your bags on FB while I have been off the boards, but I must have missed the piglet one......I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! I don't know why, but the colors, and the pleats and everything are just so stinkin cute! Keep up the good work
Old 01-19-2014, 06:55 AM   #912
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

......or you can have your travel agent keep looking for the FD released to the GP and hope the extra dates are added to it!

Nini

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

NiniMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:32 AM   #913
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sooooo.... I'm checking in today from the HOSPITAL!!! Baby Jeffrey Aaron Jr. Arrived at 8:18 am weighing in at 7 lbs 5 oz and is 20 3/4 inches long!!! Both of us are doing great! We should be going home tomorrow and I'll post pictures then. If your friends with me on FB you can check them out now.
Congratulations!

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
Old 01-19-2014, 07:47 AM   #914
cogero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Congratulations. Can't wait to see pictures.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:04 AM   #915
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
If you don't want to come home 2 days after everyone gets there remove those scenarios. Then work it down that way.. then remove the most expensive. Then your down even more..
How does bff feel about it?
I know, I know... Bff would want the longest trip possible - but - she has left it up to me, since I am the one who needs to be home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clio View Post
I'd either go with the first one or just stick with the original plan.
All your plans seem more relaxed than ours. We tend to park hop and shopping while down at Disney. Last year we drove over to Cocoa Beach to visit friends one morning and went to MK in the evening.
I haven't being around much. I caught a nasty stomach bug at work and have been sick for a few days. As my boss said, the aliens don't wan to leave my stomach. I'm supposed to go to a baby shower tomorrow. I'll have to see how I feel.
I haven't been to the grocery store in a couple of weeks. I'm sending my daughter out with the list and coupons. It'll be interesting.
I'm glad your dad's settled in. I can sympathize with your feeling about not doing enough. Even though, my niece , sister and I are over my mom's a lot.(my niece goes over everyday) We can tell she's not the same person she was but she won't leave home. We just try to do the best we can. I don't know who did the grocery shopping for her since I was sick.
I love the new Mickey bag you made and can't wait to see your latest project.
I finished 2 baby afghans and have one left. Then I have 3 shawls for my daughters wedding. I'd rather be sewing.
Liz
Oh no Liz - I've been wondering about you - hope you're feeling better soon.

Thank you... Oooh - baby afghans... So sweet! Victoria still has her's and it's still on her bed - even though it needs to be repaired in a bad way... Hmmm... I wonder if she can fix it herself now? :

I hope your dd was able to get a few groceries for you all. Feel better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMom1981 View Post
What about staying off property the first two days (rest/water park)? Cheaper room and food. We had a few rest days last year prior to POP and stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn on I Drive right by US. It was so much cheaper and we also couldn't believe how much cheaper eating off property was. You'd have to find a cheap car rental- not sure if it would be that much cheaper at the end of the day though. And I know......it's not the same Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Hmmm... I've never even considered staying off property... Mostly because I don't drive in strange places - which is why the girls and I are able to go to Disney with out Josh... They drive me everywhere and I never have to worry about it. <--- I know, I am a bit weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse_Mommy4 View Post
Hey D!

I like scenario #1 the best! We often use our waterpark days as "rest" days! Waterpark touring for us is not nearly as exhausting as regular park touring. Maybe it's because we are in water cooling off most of the day! Four or five hours at the waterpark and a TS meal that night for dinner and I'm ready to hit the parks again the next day!
I know... The water park days do seem much less "stressful" which is why I was considering it. That - and you really don't have to be there super early - as long as you are there when they open, you can still get a great spot - so it's a "little" like sleeping in.

And I am so worried about those TS meals on our water park nights... I am afraid we will be so exhausted from the water parks, by the time we get back to the resort... Clean up... Change... Run back out the door... Take the bus to MK... Take the monorail to the resort of choice (since both of them are monorail resorts) - it's going to be a giant and exhausting PITA... And we'd want an early enough ADR, so we can be done and back to the resort at a decent hour. Which means we would likely have to be out of the water parks by 2pm.

Part of the problem... And I think I need to explain this to BFF, is that it takes TIME to travel... Lots of time... I am not sure she understands that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthequeen View Post
If you are going to use your water park day as a down day anyway, I'd just stick with the original plan.
I think you may be right, and in the end, this is the most likely plan. It gives me something Disney to keep this PTR on topic though.

Quote:
Yay!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! I already skipped over to FB to see the little guy - he is just so very precious! Please feel free to share any/all pictures that you'd like to share of him in my PTR. Just LOVE babies!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeaandevie View Post
Hey D!!!!

I am back. I am so hopelessly behind that I must confess, I only skimmed the last few pages.

I hope you had a good holiday season even though you had so much going on. I'm glad that you got your father into a good place. It will do him so much good to be around other people. You are a wonderful daughter, do not be so hard on yourself!!!!

..........moving on..........I have never been to Disney, and certainly am NOT an expert, but I think you should come home instead of staying after B/M/T arrive. Yes, it stinks to not have a day off in the middle, but maybe you could just take it a little slower this trip. It is so important to have time with family and you don't get to see them that often. That's just my opinion, for what its worth......

I have seen your bags on FB while I have been off the boards, but I must have missed the piglet one......I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! I don't know why, but the colors, and the pleats and everything are just so stinkin cute! Keep up the good work
Welcome back Raina!!! Super happy to see you here - I've missed ya! Thank you!

I think, in the end, this is what we will try to do - unless a public offer is released. I agree that it is very important that we get to see B/M/T as much as possible.

Yup there is a reason that you didn't see that bag on FB... It was Myrthe's Christmas gift - and she follows me - I should really post it there now, I'd forgotten that I hadn't done that. I will do that this morning, since it's been so long since I've posted a bag on there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
......or you can have your travel agent keep looking for the FD released to the GP and hope the extra dates are added to it!

Nini
Oooh - excellent idea... I will send her a message! You are just THE BEST Nini!

I finished my wallet yesterday - which made me super happy. I am "officially" back on schedule. However - tomorrow is a holiday, and I have a few things going on this week, so it will be kind of crazy to stay on schedule. I will do my best though. I cannot wait to show you all this bag though - it's just FANTASTIC!

Then I took Alli to town, she had some pictures she wanted to print - they were on sale last week at Target for $.10/print - plus I had a coupon... Wouldn't you know it - we get there and the lab goes down. So, we waited, and waited, and waited. I tried to help the girl troubleshoot from behind the counter... It took 2 hours, but eventually Alli's photos printed. What a wasted day.

Then, I came home and took a nap... That was so nice.

We had leftovers for dinner, then Josh took the girls to another hockey game and I sat up surfing the internet and watching the Disney episodes on the Travel channel. Ahhhh... Bliss.

The girls are slowly working on Josh for the trip... I think he is beginning to realize that it's pointless to fight it, and the girls are relentless. We should have permission with in a week or two if things keep progressing the way they are. We *almost* had permission last night... It came with a caveat - we intend to hold out for FULL permission - with out any strings.

I think - for now, I am leaning towards the shortest trip and just dealing with it - as much as it's going to suck and we are going to be running around with our heads cut off... But I am going to send a message to my TA and have her watch for a public FD release... If we could go 2 days earlier - it would make my life SOOOO much easier. I think I will plan our ADRs accordingly and hope for the best.

Josh and I are headed to my Dad's today. I wanted to leave in an hour - but that's not going to happen - Josh is still in bed. And I don't dare wake him up - unless I want to spend all day in the car with him crabby. No thanks. I will let him sleep for a bit longer.

We have to finish cleaning out his garage. We also have to set up a few things at his new apartment and hang all of his pictures. I hope to be home by dinner time. Roads should be good by now... We had 6" of snow the night before last - so it should all be cleared/melted.

I hope each of you has a marvelous day today! Sending out hugs and prayers to all who need them.

And...

CONGRATULATIONS to Sandra and family!!!!
If you read her post above, she had her precious baby boy yesterday morning!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
august, bags, park bags, sewing, weight loss

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: