Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2014, 09:28 AM   #886
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Ya hey dar!

you can call Disney with your Reservation number and ask away!!! or just call them anyhow and ask. if your going down a day early your going to need a extra day of tickets.. is that what your asking?!?!

have a great day at target!!!

my question is how are your going to get the OK from Josh....
Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:56 AM   #887
KatMark
DIS Veteran

for being caught up! That's awesome, Dee.

I'm glad you got your Dad a phone and were able to get him cable with more of the shows he likes.

Now I understand why you can't add on before with the FD; I know many people get a room only deal. I'm sure there is someway you can do it with your tickets.
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2014, 11:58 AM   #888
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran

I don't think you'd have a problem with a room only reservation for a day before. As far as the dining plan - it would more than likely only be one meal that you would have to pay oop? If it meant losing time spent with your visiting family, I'd definitely go for the day before. It would be worth it to have a day of rest.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:25 PM   #889
cogero
DIS Veteran

Why do I think you are going to push yourself to be caught up ASAP?

So glad you were able to get your Dad a phone and cable with the channels he likes.

Can't wait to see your newest bag.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:05 PM   #890
sewmess
DIS Veteran

Once again, a fly by.

Loved the Mickey Bag - simple Disney elegance.

Wonderful to hear your dad is doing so well. We had something similar with my Mom when she recently decided to give up driving. She was so stressed about her car insurance (and trying to drive after her knee surgery) that when it went away she was like a new person.

Don't Push yourself too hard to catch up. Remember you have had a stressful time the past month as well.
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS 2014: Sick Trip
sewmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:04 PM   #891
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Thank you Sandra! Yes, it feels great to truly be back to work again. I am so much less stressed now.
Sounds like you've had some pretty productive days!! Good for you for being almost caught up!!!

SHHH don't tell (especially on FB because I haven't posted anything there) but I have a feeling that baby #4 may be making an appearance within the next 24 - 48 hours!! Last night I had contractions for about 3 hours coming every 5 mins. They weren't coming hard enough to make me want to go in to the hospital. Then this morning I got up around 5:45 am with Jeff and started having contractions again!! (Plus found something else had happened that I won't go into detail here, if you're a parent you can probably figure out what I'm talking about and no it wasn't my water breaking.)

Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:38 AM   #892
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittylady1972 View Post
Finally I'm all caught up again. Great photos of your dad and his new place. Looks very cozy!

Love the new bag...of course!

Hi there! It's great to see you! Thanks so much!

Quote:
[As for advice on staying an EXTRA day at Disney...well it's an EXTRA day at Disney which I always think is a good thing. I like having an extra day built in just in case things don't go as planned and I have time to change it. That's just me though. We are leaving for our Disney cruise in just 9 days, even though the cruise isn't until day 11. My husband asked last night why we are leaving TWO days before the cruise? Well it's about a 14+ hour drive and while current plans have us driving straight through, you just never know and I like having that extra day of cushion just in case. This is actually kinda funny though, since I am a professional procrastinator and if we were leaving on a plane I would be the one NOT wanting to arrive earlier than an hour before our flight, which drives DH crazy as he likes to be there 2 hours early. And we live only 15 minutes from the airport...and there is NEVER traffic on those roads!
I totally understand that... Gosh - you leave on your cruise in just 9 days!!! Eek! How exciting!

Quote:
[Anyway good luck making the decision. As you said you have plenty of time but if it were me I think I'd probably spring for that extra day!
Thanks! Well, I will write about it below - it's not as easy as I would have hoped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse_Mommy4 View Post
Hi D!

Love the new bag!

To answer your question, I have done the room only before my trip several times. Usually the reason I do it is to be rested and hit the ground running the day my package starts the next day. All you have to do is book a one night R/O (usually with a discount) and link it to your package. I have never had to change rooms (unless I book the Room only at a different resort).
Hi Tasha! Thanks! Yah - I am not sure what we are going to do? I will write about it below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Yeah for being almost caught up with your sewing schedule!

I can't help you with the room only thing, I've never done that. I do know people do it all the time so it must be pretty easy.
Thanks Ariana! Yah - I know people do it all the time too, but I will write about it below... There are a few things that are annoying. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
Yay for being almost caught up!! You are one determined lady. Good for you! Can't wait to see this next bag.
I am super happy about it too - I cannot wait to show you all this bag... I have never done these characters before, and I LOVE how it's turning out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
Now I get the adding the day on at the end thought. Makes sense. But I also like what Suzi pointed out that they may have other plans to visit with other family/friends anyway. I know you can't inquire too much until Josh knows about your trip, but that would solve everything. Also, adding a room only at the beginning would be very doable.

Hope you have a good day at Target and that it goes very fast!! I know your heart will be in your sewing room!
I know - I need to talk to Josh... I am just trying to get all this stuff with my dad ironed out first - then the girls and I will bombard him. I will write about my thoughts below adding days before vs/ days after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
Ya hey dar!

you can call Disney with your Reservation number and ask away!!! or just call them anyhow and ask. if your going down a day early your going to need a extra day of tickets.. is that what your asking?!?!

have a great day at target!!!

my question is how are your going to get the OK from Josh....
Unfortunately - it's not as easy as that. Well, calling Disney is, but just adding tickets is not... I will write about it below.

No clue how we are going to get the OK? I hope to have it paid off before I have to tell him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
for being caught up! That's awesome, Dee.

I'm glad you got your Dad a phone and were able to get him cable with more of the shows he likes.

Now I understand why you can't add on before with the FD; I know many people get a room only deal. I'm sure there is someway you can do it with your tickets.
I know - I am very relieved to almost be caught up.

I will write about my options below, since I was able to chat with my TA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthequeen View Post
I don't think you'd have a problem with a room only reservation for a day before. As far as the dining plan - it would more than likely only be one meal that you would have to pay oop? If it meant losing time spent with your visiting family, I'd definitely go for the day before. It would be worth it to have a day of rest.
Yes... It's something like this. I will explain below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
Why do I think you are going to push yourself to be caught up ASAP?

So glad you were able to get your Dad a phone and cable with the channels he likes.

Can't wait to see your newest bag.
Hahaha... Yah - I cannot handle being behind. I love this newest bag - it's characters I've never done before and they are quite fun to work with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
Once again, a fly by.

Loved the Mickey Bag - simple Disney elegance.

Wonderful to hear your dad is doing so well. We had something similar with my Mom when she recently decided to give up driving. She was so stressed about her car insurance (and trying to drive after her knee surgery) that when it went away she was like a new person.

Don't Push yourself too hard to catch up. Remember you have had a stressful time the past month as well.
Hi Ruth! It's great to see you. Is everything going OK?

I know - I shouldn't be pushing myself, but I know I will feel much better once I am caught up. It's more stress for me being behind on my schedule, than working like a crazy woman to catch up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Sounds like you've had some pretty productive days!! Good for you for being almost caught up!!!

SHHH don't tell (especially on FB because I haven't posted anything there) but I have a feeling that baby #4 may be making an appearance within the next 24 - 48 hours!! Last night I had contractions for about 3 hours coming every 5 mins. They weren't coming hard enough to make me want to go in to the hospital. Then this morning I got up around 5:45 am with Jeff and started having contractions again!! (Plus found something else had happened that I won't go into detail here, if you're a parent you can probably figure out what I'm talking about and no it wasn't my water breaking.)
Yay!!! I happened to hop on last night and read this... So, I jumped on here rigth away this morning to see if there were any updates... If you went in last night - I pray all is well. (((hugs))) Let us know when you can.

Target went by quickly yesterday - couldn't have asked for anything better at this time of year.

Roads were awful, but we all arrived home safely.

Pretty boring day yesterday.

I will be working in my sewing room this morning... Then Alli has an appointment this afternoon... So, maybe I won't get caught up today. But we are going to my Dad's on Sunday rather than Saturday, so I can work up there tomorrow a bit too.

OK - so here's the deal on the trip.

Currently - we are booked August A throught August J. For those dates, we have Free Dining booked. As you can see - that is 9 nights.

We were actually planning to back it up to August G or H... So we make it home in time for B/M/T. Are you confused yet?

So, if we go a day earlier than August A - this is the deal. We can book a r/o reservation for that night. BUT - we cannot use any of our tickets or dining credits until the next day. So, if we want to use that day as a resort/DTD day - it would be OK... but if we wanted to try to kill a day at MK - then it wouldn't be OK, because we would have to buy a 1 day pass for each person, which would make it very expensive. So, I need to chat with BFF about it today, and work out some logistics to see if it's even an option. Personally - I wouldn't mind having that day as a DTD day and a pool day (since, we'd likely not get to DTD at all any other time), then like Tasha said, we could hit the ground running the next day. We will see... So, there are benefits. Also, all of our meals that day would be OOP.

OK everyone - have a fantastic day! Prayers and good thoughts to all!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:03 AM   #893
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

I am confused and feeling foolish lol. Here is my question- I didn't do bounce back last August because the offer started on like the last two or three days that we could travel.......would they have extended the offer to my start date? If so I will be so mad at myself- even though last year we had no intention to return since we were supposed to cruise this summer- I may have booked it anyway just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

August 2014 Trip Report (In progress) http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3324325

Pre -Trip Report for August 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215904

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
August 2013 Walt Disney World - Pop Century
DisMom1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:07 AM   #894
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMom1981 View Post
I am confused and feeling foolish lol. Here is my question- I didn't do bounce back last August because the offer started on like the last two or three days that we could travel.......would they have extended the offer to my start date? If so I will be so mad at myself- even though last year we had no intention to return since we were supposed to cruise this summer- I may have booked it anyway just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
No, they would not have. So you didn't miss out on anything. And, I think you need to book 4 nights to qualify for FD anyways? So, it really wouldn't have worked for you, unless you could stay at least that long - and even then, it may not have been to your benefit, because I think you need 4 days of park passes too? NOt sure on that.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:28 AM   #895
Nurse_Mommy4
DIS Veteran

You're right D about the tickets and food being OOP. You used to be able to pick up your park tickets up to 3 days before your package started at guest relations but I'm not sure if that still applies with the new magic bands. There is a sticky on the discount and code thread about tickets that may have an answer for you.

I wish you the best with your decision friend.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:42 AM   #896
Tinkercc
Mouseketeer

Hi D,

Just my two cents but I think a DD day is a great idea. We fit one in every trip. You can just relax, walk around and get ready for your first day in the parks. You'll be refreshed from traveling the day before and be well rested for the next day! Of course hanging out at the pool or checking out other resorts would be fun too! Just a thought!! My kiddos make t-shirts at the Hanes store every time! I hope they're not too old when we go this Spring. Have a great day!
Tinkercc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:15 AM   #897
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I like the idea of pool and DTD by coming a day earlier; this is what Mark and I do on most of our trips. It will help you relax after traveling.

We are working a wrestling tournament at high school tomorrow so may not get on here, so have a good weekend.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:50 AM   #898
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

DD is always my down day.. so this might work for you... traveling is always stressful then to hit the park by the end of the day your exhausted! maybe a different plan might be good! and more relaxing!!! this way you will be FRESH and ready to take Disney by the genies!!!

SHOW YOUR DISNEY SIDE D!!! Get em!!!
Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:58 AM   #899
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

I don't know, but since the point of adding a day was to have a "down" day, wouldn't it be more beneficial to make your down day in the middle of your trip when you may really need a respite from the heat? I know you don't want to miss time with your family, but to me, a rest day before you even start seems like a waste. On the day we arrive, I'm so excited, it doesn't matter how tired I am, I'm getting to a park!!! But, that's me. I'm sorry this is causing you so much trouble. Planning should be fun, right? Good luck and I know whatever you decide you'll have a fantastic time! Oh, and glad Target day was a good one!

Could Sandra be at the hospital??? Hope so!

ETA: I get what everyone is saying, and it does have merit to rest up then hit the ground running the next day. I just CANNOT arrive and NOT go to a park. Just me.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:53 AM   #900
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran

I kind of agree with Lois on this one - if the point of another day is to have a down day, it doesn't make much sense to have it at the beginning of your trip. Here's another idea - if you were planning to get water park tickets, why not make the first day a water park day - you could get your tickets separate from the park tickets, rather than adding that cost to the park tickets - it would come out about the same cost?

Tags
august, bags, park bags, sewing, weight loss

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: