Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2014, 08:29 PM   #826
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

i sending you some prayers.

Your dad is lucky to have you on his side.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:13 AM   #827
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Thanks Sandra... Everyone is so understanding. It's my own expectations that are the problem... I just need to breathe and stop worrying about how far behind I am going to be.
I'll send you with lots of hugs and prayers. All you can do is take it a day at a time. Good luck with getting everything done this weekend.

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2014, 06:16 AM   #828
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
It will work out. and you have a huge support group!!!

Hope you have a relaxing weekend with a bottle of wine!
Thanks Mo! I doubt that wine will be in the equation, but lots of boxes will be. At least I won't have to worry about falling behind on my heavy lifting program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina View Post
Crossing my fingers that everything turns out ok with your dads insurance and that he doesn't have any unpaid bills.
Thank you Lillian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedonaldduck View Post
I think 100% of the times that I have tried to get my insurance agent, it goes to voice mail. I just leave a message with my name and number and they are great about getting right back to me and talking through whatever I need.

I hope this weekend goes smoothly for you. I was just telling a co-worker how I have no plans this weekend, and here you are with so much to do you're not sure how you're going to get it all done. Wish there was something I could do to help. I will do what I can in the form of thoughts, prayers, and support!
Thank you!!! (I don't think I know your first name??? Not that you need to tell me, but I feel like I should know it by now)... But thank you for all of your prayers and support - it truly means a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
D~ you'll be in my prayers this weekend that all goes smoothly and you don't burn yourself out. Love that you're taking your Dad out for a bit. That will no doubt be good for both of you.

Hang in there, my friend, we are all here for you. I know most of us would like to actually be "there" for you working along side of you and Josh. Take care.
Thank you Lois! It really means a lot to me to have all of you here. I hope Jennifer is doing OK - she and your family have been on my mind a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan View Post
Glad you are "listening" to everyone and trying to take a deep breath. Everyone is here for you; and please, call me Carol. When I send your Dad cards it will be Carol from Texas You will be in my prayers all weekend, you and Josh, and your Dad, and your daughters, with specific prayers for the move and everything falling into place. Remember, God wants us to ask specifically what we need from him. I hope it helps that you have all of us Dis cyber friends out there for you, and we do wish we could help in person. Wine and a chocolate or two helps. You are a wonderful person taking such good care of your Dad. This will be so good for everyone once he is settled in.

Take care of yourself, eat right and take those vitamins!
Thank you so much Carol! I let him know when he was in the hospital that he might be getting some cards from friends of mine... So I am sure he will welcome the good thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
So glad to hear that your Dad is doing so well.

Don't put the added pressure on yourself to get everything done on time. You will get it done when you get everything settled with your dad. I hope you are taking care of yourself and getting some extra rest.

Hugs and prayers for your family as you help your dad make the transition to his new home.
Thank you Liz! I really appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
D~, you KNOW you have my prayers and support! You will be at the forfront of my thoughts and prayers this weekend. I pray that it is a productive weekend, and that Monday morning you will be able to breathe a sigh of relief, and be ready to take on your other responsibilities!!!
I know Oopsi... Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
D if you can't reach the agent, call the company directly, they will be able to help you to the point of having the agent call you.

Sending lots of prayers to you.
Thanks Chiara... I was able to finally reach the agent yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
FYI. You can backdate the cancellation of coverage to the date he went into the hospital. You may need to provide proof. But you need to leave at least your name and phone number on a message. It will be similar to a paper trail in case there is a problem.

Nini
Thanks Nini... I will update below, but I was able to reach him yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
Fly by to say:
Breath - and believe me when I say that I have to tell myself that too.

I may not post much, but I've been keeping up with what's happening via here and FB. The wonderful thing about customers who will spend for custom work generally have the patience to actually receive custom work.

I'll echo the sentiments of everyone here and say my thoughts and prayers are out there too.

And someone also said the equivalent of "everything happens for a reason."
Thanks Ruth - I know that... It's just such a whirlwind, I cannot wait until this craziness settles down a little bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
i sending you some prayers.

Your dad is lucky to have you on his side.
Thank you so much! (I don't believe I know your first name either... I try so hard to keep track of everyone, and I feel like I should know yours... )

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
I'll send you with lots of hugs and prayers. All you can do is take it a day at a time. Good luck with getting everything done this weekend.
Thank you Sandra! You've been on my mind... I hope these last few days have been going well for you.

I honestly didn't think I would finish my bag yesterday... I made it upstairs as early as I could, but that only left me with 2.5 hours to sew... And every 5 minutes, I was getting phone calls regarding my Dad - so it was CRAZY! I didn't finish my bag in the morning before I had to leave, but I was super close and able to finish it and the wallet when I got home. Such a RELIEF! I"ve been worried about it all week.

The phone calls started early yesterday morning.

I finally left a message for the insurance agent. He did call me back, and he was able to back date the policy to the date in December that I needed. He also asked about my dad and asked permission to call him to send along his well wishes - which was very nice. Of course, I told him that would be so very nice of him. So, that's all taken care of. Phew!

Then, I called the power company... Praise God for small miracles... No back bills out there and power will be turned on some time today. Another PHEW moment.

Then, Josh called me.... Frantic... Apparently, my Dad was planning to check himself out of the nursing home yesterday, and wanted all of his stuff moved into his new apartment yesterday... So, of course - I was frantic... Trying to call my Dad, trying to call the nursing home... No one answered and no one called me back... Seriously??? Finally - as a last ditch effort, I called the lady who manages the assisted living apartment that my dad is moving into (dare I say that I've talked to her so much over the last month, I consider her a friend...) - she assured me that my Dad does NOT have a key, so he cannot "move in" with out me. Finally after 2 hours of telephone tag, the assisted living manager offered to run down to the nursing home to track down my dad and have him call me. So, I was able to tell him to simmer down a little bit... I realize he was ready to break out... but I told him, if he got out yesterday, he would have no where to live. His current apartment is not fit for human life (poor Josh), and his new apartment is empty. He understood... He was a bit deflated, but thankfully I was able to get him to calm down.

Then, the nursing home finally called me back... Where I told them, and they assured me - they would not discharge my dad on his own accord, that I must be there. Praise God... I assumed that - but my dad is well enough - I think they could release him to himself - so I wasn't sure if they would or not? So, we've set his discharge date for Sunday... Which gives us all of today to move him.

With all of that settled...

To took the girls to their appointment. I had to cancel Alli's dermatologist - as the roads were a little iffy, and I was going to have to drive like a maniac to get from one appointment to the next on time. I figured I've had enough stress in my life this week... So I rescheduled her appointment for 2 weeks out. That was a big relief off of my plate.

I spent the evening finishing up my bag order. Sorry, no pictures... I am not sure I will have the time to post them this morning.

I also finished up my Dad's towels for his new apartment... I embroidered his name on all of his bath towels - they turned out fantastic! I am super happy with them. I've also been working on the side to make him some new hanging towels - his had seen much better days... And I just fell in love with these Chicken appliques when I saw them... I am very happy with how they turned out - I hope he likes them too.

I really wanted to make him something fun for his door... but I just ran out of time. I hope to do that soon for him, so his door isn't bare for long.

Sorry for the long ramble this morning.

I need to run... I have to be on the road in less than an hour, and I still need to pack. I will check in when I can, but I don't think I will have any internet access this weekend, aside from my phone.

Prayers to all who need them! and a HUGE thank you to you all.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:59 AM   #829
cogero
DIS Veteran

glad things seem to be coming together and Nursing homes generally don't discharge with out a family member there when there is a family member.

Hope things go smoothly this weekend.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:06 AM   #830
Terkina
DIS Veteran

Glad things worked out. Crossing my fingers that your weekend goes as planned.

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Terkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:44 AM   #831
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you so much! (I don't believe I know your first name either... I try so hard to keep track of everyone, and I feel like I should know yours... )
My name is Sue.

Quote:
I really wanted to make him something fun for his door... but I just ran out of time. I hope to do that soon for him, so his door isn't bare for long.
D~
I love the hanging towels. The appliques are adorable.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:28 PM   #832
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Good luck D! I'll be thinking about you!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Pre -Trip Report for August 2014 (In progress)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215904

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
August 2013 Walt Disney World - Pop Century
DisMom1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:58 PM   #833
sewmess
DIS Veteran

Warm thoughts, and empathy for dealing with . . .strong willed parents.

Be safe.

Now planning for 2014 - 10th Anniversary
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS
sewmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:27 PM   #834
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran

Hang in there D~! We are with you in spirit this weekend. Have faith that all will go well and you will have your Dad settled by Sunday night. Just remember that he will be in a nice, safe place and you won't have to spend all your time worrying about him.

The towels are very nice - I love the chickens!
Wait.....we're staying where? and when??

2001 - All Star Movies; 2010 - POFQ; 2011 - POFQ; 2013- Caribbean Beach
Iamthequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:51 PM   #835
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Oh D~! I'm so sorry for all the stress and worry over the last couple weeks. It sounds like this weekend everything is starting to fall into place with getting your dad settled. Thank God for the important details working out like no back power bills and the fact that the nursing home wouldn't release your dad on his own.

The kitchen towels are awesome and I'm sure your dad will be so glad to have those in his new place. I love the special little details that you added to his gifts like the embroidery on the towels. So very thoughtful and I'm sure appreciated.

I know you have a full and busy weekend but know that I am thinking of you and hope that all goes well. The blessing that you are to your dad I'm sure does not go unnoticed.

Take care and praying for everything to fall perfectly and wonderfully into place.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:39 PM   #836
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Quote:
Thank you Sandra! You've been on my mind... I hope these last few days have been going well for you.
These last few days have just been tiring but that's to be expected. I did have my check up yesterday and the baby is doing really good and I've officially gained 0 lbs this pregnancy!! I will be sure to let you know if things change.

I'm happy to hear that things are moving forward with little problems (well besides all the packing and moving). Continued prayers that things get done on time and with little stress.

Love the towels!! They turned out really nice!!

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:32 AM   #837
lovedonaldduck
DIS Veteran

Love the towels! One more thing I'll make for myself if/when I learn to sew

Hope this weekend is going smoothly - as smoothly as moving can ever go, that is. Hopefully once you get through this weekend and get your dad settled over the next week, your life will start returning to normal.

House cleaning, organizing, and cleaning out is on the agenda here this morning. Then this afternoon we have got to get out of the house for a bit! Maybe a quick trip to the Alligator Farm. We all need new shoes but I don't know if I'm up for that today

Jennifer
Old 01-12-2014, 07:39 AM   #838
Terkina
DIS Veteran

The towels looks great. The chicken appliques looks great on the towels

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Terkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:26 AM   #839
nikki7680
Mouseketeer

Joining! Popping over from Mo's thread! I have heard so many great things about you! Hoping I can meet you if/when you come to Chicago!!

Take Me To My Happy Place! September 2014 PTR

nikki7680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:55 PM   #840
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Hello everyone! Quick reply while I have a moment of internet.

Dad is moved and.mostly unpacked. Getting him settled tonight, headed home tomorrow.

Love to you all, thanks for prayers. Photos on fb for those that are friends.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
august, bags, park bags, sewing, weight loss

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: