Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2014, 12:56 PM   #811
KatMark
DIS Veteran

D, I am sure your customers will understand if you fall behind. Everyone here is more concerned about you taking care of your Dad AND yourself. I hope everything goes smoothly from here out.
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:45 PM   #812
nowellsl
my car finds out everytime I have money

Wow, you sure have had a lot on your plate! You just have to believe things will work out as they are supposed to It's great to hear how well your dad is doing, and with him being in the new place it will take a lot of worry off your shoulders from here on out - knowing he is being taken care of! It will be good for all of you in the long run!

I'm sure your customers will be perfectly willing to wait, I know I would be!
nowellsl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2014, 09:32 PM   #813
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Family does come first and I'm glad your at least able to be there as you can to help your dad. People will understand if you do fall behind but know we are all here supporting you and hoping for the best.

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 05:12 AM   #814
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

Quick drive by....which is all I seem to have time for lately!

Family always comes first! (Don't make me go all MOM on you!)
When Family vs Business rears its ugly head around here, I remind myself WHY I started sewing for other people. It was to help with the finances so the FAMILY could enjoy the extras.

A Knoxville Dismeet sounds like something even I can make! LOL! My son in law's sister lives in Knoxville...I wonder if I could imposes on them for a bit...hmmm

Keeping you and yours in my prayers.
Nini

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

NiniMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:20 AM   #815
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
You are going to make yourself sick...
everything WILL work out. just wish AGAIN i could drive over there and help you i would in a minute.
this will work itself out. people come into family issues all the time. you cannot schedule for them or prepare for them.

I am SURE people will understand your backed up, some orders will be late.
IT HAPPENS. your not going to go to UPB jail.. if so i will bail you out...

stop worrying yourself over things you cannot control at this time... it will work out you have many friends who support you.
Well, the people I have contacted already seem to be very understanding. It's ME and my obsessive tendencies that I am having issues with. It's so hard when I expect so much from myself... I know I need to take care of my dad - I am so lucky that he wants me there - I just need to let go and take a breath. Sometimes that's easier said than done though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
This ladies and Gentleman is why i LOVE my Dis friends.. AND I WILL BE MEETING HER IN DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am giving you FAIR warning. when we meet i am going SQUISH YOU... You are warned. it may hurt a little.. but Love hurts...
Word of warning Tess... You WILL be SQUISHED! Hahahaha! I just loved this - it made me laugh... I agree - Dis friends are the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
D relax things have a way of working out the way they are supposed too.

Just email your customers and tell them you have a family situation and will be working around it.
I hope so. I did send messages to the next 2 people on my list, and they are very understanding. I hope this doesn't affect any orders after that and I can catch up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
I'm thinking that after that last frantic post, you've taken a deep breath and have settled down a bit. I totally agree with Mo and Chiara that things will work out, your customers will be understanding if their order is a bit late and there will be other launches. You are only human and therefore subject to best laid plans going awry.
Well - I backed out of the launch... All who were affected were very understanding. So, that's a big load of stress taken off of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
Meanwhile, how wonderful that your Dad is so happy there and that Josh finally found the papers needed. So much work ahead, but the worst part is over I hope. If you'll PM me your Dad's address, I'd love to send him cards once in a while. If that's okay.

Have a great day!
I would be happy to send you my Dad's new address... It's upstairs though - I will try to remember to bring it down and send it to all of you when I remember. If you don't get it by the end of next week - remind me, because I am not taking notes as to who all wants it. LOL And thank you - it means a lot to me that you are willing to do this... Only 2 of his family members have even sent him a card... None of them have called him. I know he feels abandoned... And we won't even go into his church family - who has done NOTHING, and they KNOW he was in the hospital. Makes me very angry at all of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
I am so glad your Dad is doing so well!

Sorry things are so stressful right now. I hope that everything falls in place much easier than you think it will. I know I always seem to think the worse case scenario so hopefully that is what you are doing now.
THank you Ariana! The fact that my Dad is doing so well makes all of this easier... And seeing his smiling face is an added bonus.

You are right, my brain does automatically go to the worst case scenerio... I know things will work out in the end. It just seems like SO MUCH right now. Hopefully it all comes together easily enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedonaldduck View Post
Saying a prayer for you this morning.

Try not to put extra pressure on yourself (I am horrible at this). You will do the best you can given your situation - if orders are late, your customers will understand, but even if they don't you are doing the best you can given your current circumstances.
Thank you! It's so hard for me to let things go out late. I feel like I have a good reputation for a reason, and I hate to see that go, it makes me sad because I've worked so hard for it. Hopefully my orders won't be delayed by too long and I can catch up quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedonaldduck View Post
I'm having trouble saying what I mean here. You are awesome and if you fall behind due to your dad's situation, everyone else will have to deal with it. You will do everything you can to get back on track as soon as you can - that is the kind of person you are.

Extra thoughts and prayers headed your way today!
Thank you... I sure hope so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clio View Post
Your family comes first. All your customers should understand that. You need to stop and take a deep breath and relax or you won't be any good to anyone.
Things will get done just not as fast as you'd like them to.
I hope you have a good day at work. I'm working another mid today. Due to a lot of strange occurrences we are short 5 people in the electronics complex. We're all scrambling to take up the slack. At least the day goes by fast.
Liz
They do seem to be very understanding... It's me that I am worried about - I am the one who is not understanding about it. I just need to breathe and not worry about it - but that's so hard to do.

I hope your day went well... Even though this is a slow time of year for us - we were amazingly busy. Which was good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthequeen View Post
Hey Girlie! Take a deep breath and try to relax. Your family always comes first. Just email your customers and tell them you have had a family emergency and you are working to catch up on orders and they will be done ASAP. Most people will understand. Don't keep putting so much pressure on yourself or you will end up sick.

Wish I could be there to help, but just take it one day at a time and don't worry so much.

Hugs,

T
I know... All of my customers are very understanding... It's just that I have such high standards set for myself, and it's hard for ME to look past them. I just need to get through this weekend - I know that things will fall into place and work out. I need to remember to look at the small things individually, rather than group them all together as the whole. It just seems so massive when I do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthequeen View Post
And Mo - never you mind what's going on down here in PA - you will find out soon enough....
We NEED to coordinate what you are doing with Mo (and anyone else)... Please send me a PM and let me know what your plans are, so I can work around them too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan View Post
Okay, I am echoing everyone else, you need to realize that you are not Superwoman and things will get done, just not in the timeframe you expect. You need to take care of yourself, take your vitamins, pray for God to lead you, and take it one step at a time. If you don't take care of yourself you will get sick and make things worse. You need to get your Dad's things taken care of first, and then let everything else fall into place.
Of course, all of you are right. It's so hard to let go though and let things work themselves out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan View Post
Can you PM me your Dad's address too? I have a whole box of encouragement and just a hello cards I send out to family and friends. I am a rare breed who still uses snail mail and writes out cards and letters. I would love to send him a hello from Texas from time to time. It will help him not feel so lonely and have something in the mail for him, which helps.

One . . . step . . . . at . . . a . . . time. Prayers to you and your family!
Thank you! He would love any cards and letters he would receive. His new address is upstairs, so please - if I forget to send it to you over the next week - send me a reminder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
D, I am sure your customers will understand if you fall behind. Everyone here is more concerned about you taking care of your Dad AND yourself. I hope everything goes smoothly from here out.
Thank you Kathy... I sure hope so too! If we can just get him out of his apartment this weekend, and do his checkout process (and pass) - I would feel so much better. There is just SO much to be done, and not enough time/people to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowellsl View Post
Wow, you sure have had a lot on your plate! You just have to believe things will work out as they are supposed to It's great to hear how well your dad is doing, and with him being in the new place it will take a lot of worry off your shoulders from here on out - knowing he is being taken care of! It will be good for all of you in the long run!

I'm sure your customers will be perfectly willing to wait, I know I would be!
Thank you Stephanie... My customers are great... It's ME that's the problem. Sigh. I just need to stop worrying about it all, and do what I can. It's easier said than done, but I really need to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Family does come first and I'm glad your at least able to be there as you can to help your dad. People will understand if you do fall behind but know we are all here supporting you and hoping for the best.
Thanks Sandra... Everyone is so understanding. It's my own expectations that are the problem... I just need to breathe and stop worrying about how far behind I am going to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
Quick drive by....which is all I seem to have time for lately!

Family always comes first! (Don't make me go all MOM on you!)
When Family vs Business rears its ugly head around here, I remind myself WHY I started sewing for other people. It was to help with the finances so the FAMILY could enjoy the extras.

A Knoxville Dismeet sounds like something even I can make! LOL! My son in law's sister lives in Knoxville...I wonder if I could imposes on them for a bit...hmmm

Keeping you and yours in my prayers.
Nini
Hi Nini!!! Thank you... No, don't go all MOM on me... LOL Although I probably deserve it right about now. Glad to see you here. If we could ever coordinate a Knoxville Dismeet - I would sure hope you could come. It would be a lot of fun!

Yesterday was good... Target was good. It went by quickly, and my feet were OK.

I still have so many things to work out...

I have yet to get ahold of my Dad's insurance agent (do they not keep office hours?) - All I ever get is an answering machine, and I don't want to leave a message, I'd like to TALK to the guy. His car insurance needed to be cancelled/put on hold/whatever - almost a month ago... I am getting really annoyed about it.

I need to call today and have the power turned on for his new apartment. Just praying that he doesn't have any back bills out there that will need to be paid first - otherwise I don't know what I am going to do? Prayers for that would be most welcome.

I forgot that today is only a half day in my sewing room... Sigh... And Grrrrr.... The girls have a Dr. appt, and then Alli has a dermatologist appt about an hour away... So my afternooon is shot.

I've been trying to do laundry... part of my Dad's Christmas gift was new towels for his kitchen/bathroom and new sheets. Well, we didn't give them at Christmas, because he didn't need them right then. So, now I've been trying to get them all washed before I give them to him, so they are ready to use right away... His old ones are not even making past the dumpster.

And the other financial stuff I am trying to deal with... It's really been a mess. Hopefully it all comes together today.

I do not have an official discharge date for my dad. I am hoping they wait until Sunday or Monday - so we can get him moved in. Once he is moved in, I will stay an extra day... I plan to take him OUT to go grocery shopping (he won't need much, since he will have 3 meals a day provided to him), and I plan to take him out for dinner too... He's had a LONG month of being cooped up (at least it's winter, so no one really wants to go outside anyways), and I am sure he is more than ready to get out.

I would gladly take prayers for the weekend - hopefully we will get everything done that needs to be done - ahead of schedule would be wonderful!

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers through out this. It really means a lot for me to sign in here and see all of you here giving me words of encouragement. I promise to be back on the topic of Disney as soon as possible. Much love, hugs and prayers to all of you.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:25 AM   #816
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

It will work out. and you have a huge support group!!!

Hope you have a relaxing weekend with a bottle of wine!
Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:21 AM   #817
Terkina
DIS Veteran

Crossing my fingers that everything turns out ok with your dads insurance and that he doesn't have any unpaid bills.

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Terkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:02 AM   #818
lovedonaldduck
DIS Veteran

I think 100% of the times that I have tried to get my insurance agent, it goes to voice mail. I just leave a message with my name and number and they are great about getting right back to me and talking through whatever I need.

I hope this weekend goes smoothly for you. I was just telling a co-worker how I have no plans this weekend, and here you are with so much to do you're not sure how you're going to get it all done. Wish there was something I could do to help. I will do what I can in the form of thoughts, prayers, and support!
Old 01-10-2014, 09:00 AM   #819
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

D~ you'll be in my prayers this weekend that all goes smoothly and you don't burn yourself out. Love that you're taking your Dad out for a bit. That will no doubt be good for both of you.

Hang in there, my friend, we are all here for you. I know most of us would like to actually be "there" for you working along side of you and Josh. Take care.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:38 AM   #820
Texan
No extra charge for the Tag Fairy entertainment! :)

Glad you are "listening" to everyone and trying to take a deep breath. Everyone is here for you; and please, call me Carol. When I send your Dad cards it will be Carol from Texas You will be in my prayers all weekend, you and Josh, and your Dad, and your daughters, with specific prayers for the move and everything falling into place. Remember, God wants us to ask specifically what we need from him. I hope it helps that you have all of us Dis cyber friends out there for you, and we do wish we could help in person. Wine and a chocolate or two helps. You are a wonderful person taking such good care of your Dad. This will be so good for everyone once he is settled in.

Take care of yourself, eat right and take those vitamins!
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = '02/04/2005 11:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=purple>Been too long, much too long </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Finally!!!!!!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 01:16 PM   #821
babynala
DIS Veteran

So glad to hear that your Dad is doing so well.

Don't put the added pressure on yourself to get everything done on time. You will get it done when you get everything settled with your dad. I hope you are taking care of yourself and getting some extra rest.

Hugs and prayers for your family as you help your dad make the transition to his new home.

babynala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:16 PM   #822
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

D~, you KNOW you have my prayers and support! You will be at the forfront of my thoughts and prayers this weekend. I pray that it is a productive weekend, and that Monday morning you will be able to breathe a sigh of relief, and be ready to take on your other responsibilities!!!
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:31 PM   #823
cogero
DIS Veteran

D if you can't reach the agent, call the company directly, they will be able to help you to the point of having the agent call you.

Sending lots of prayers to you.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 04:33 PM   #824
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

FYI. You can backdate the cancellation of coverage to the date he went into the hospital. You may need to provide proof. But you need to leave at least your name and phone number on a message. It will be similar to a paper trail in case there is a problem.

Nini

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

NiniMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 05:03 PM   #825
sewmess
DIS Veteran

Fly by to say:
Breath - and believe me when I say that I have to tell myself that too.

I may not post much, but I've been keeping up with what's happening via here and FB. The wonderful thing about customers who will spend for custom work generally have the patience to actually receive custom work.

I'll echo the sentiments of everyone here and say my thoughts and prayers are out there too.

And someone also said the equivalent of "everything happens for a reason."

Now planning for 2014 - 10th Anniversary
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS
sewmess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
august, bags, park bags, sewing, weight loss

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: