Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2014, 01:21 PM   #796
Texan
No extra charge for the Tag Fairy entertainment! :)

Saying prayers for you this morning (as usual); let us all know how the meeting went and your Dad's move over; stay safe in this crazy weather!

Is Alli taking driving classes? They have the option to do a parent taught class here in Texas; I did it with my oldest and said never again; no way, no how; youngest went to driving school which was such a pain taking him there all the time, we live out in the sticks and it takes a good half hour to get to town; but I think he learned more and there weren't as many tension filled moments; driving with teens; what an experience.
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = '02/04/2005 11:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=purple>Been too long, much too long </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Finally!!!!!!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:33 PM   #797
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Sending prayers for you and your Dad today for a smooth transition. It's probably all done by now, at least I hope so. Stay warm and stay safe!
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2014, 03:33 PM   #798
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran

I totally forgot about posting about how cute both boys are! Thomas is getting so big! and Sully is just adorable!

I also forgot to mention Lois' Jennifer. Continued prayers for her too. She has been in my thoughts.

I hope all went well with you today. We are trying to get back into our "normal" routine - Shannon went back to NYC yesterday, so Charlie and I have the house to ourselves - with the doggies of course! Poor little Ringo looked so pathetic sitting by the door waiting for Shannon to pack him up and take him with her. I finally went back to work yesterday and have been playing catch up. I somehow ended up chairperson of our Agricultural Business Council at our meeting today....

I have lots of sewing projects on my schedule - I made some pillowcases for Mo's kids and want to do a couple of other things for them.

Prayers to all who need them.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:36 PM   #799
cogero
DIS Veteran

I hope everything went smoothly with your discharge meeting.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:23 PM   #800
babynala
DIS Veteran

I hope everything went smoothly with your dad's meeting today and that you and Josh are staying warm and safe on the roads.

That little Thomas is adorable - but getting so big.

That Sully is adorable.

babynala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:09 PM   #801
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
It's comin' - no worries there. LOL
Oh I know it is and that's why I'm trying to enjoy every day of her being a little girl while I can.

Quote:
Bummer - I was hoping when I saw your post on your PTR that this was IT... Soon... Very, very soon...

Glad you found someone to take all of your baby items off your hands, that's super nice of you.
Yes soon!! I hope sooner rather than later but it'll happen when he's good and ready.

I figured since this is our last no reason to hold onto the baby stuff anymore once the baby has grown out of it. I do plan on selling whatever she doesn't take so hopefully I'll be able to get rid of all of it expect for a couple favorite outfits/blankets that we'll hold onto.

Quote:
Thank you... It's been an emotional week - but I am feeling much better now.

I hope you go see it - it's wonderful!
Glad your feeling better. Good luck today!! I hope your travels were safe and that things went well.

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:23 AM   #802
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Don't forget me! I'm only 3 hours from Knoxville.

D~ I've been following along this weekend on Facebook and here but I just haven't had a lot of time to post. I'm sorry you had such a rough couple of day. I'm glad things are going better now, hope you have a great day with your Dad, be careful on your drive!
Thanks Ariana! If I ever make it to Knoxville - you all can guarantee that there WILL be a Dismeet involved... Perhaps for the entire time I am there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina View Post
Saving Mr.Banks will have premiere 14.march 2013 in Norway. So I still have to wait a while for it.
Bummer that you have to wait so long... But I hope you make plans to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
Wishing you good luck and lots of PIXI DUST!
Thanks Mo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Sending lots of for a smooth discharge and safe travels.
Thanks Kathy! I saw in Ariana's TR that you did 2 updates yesterday... I will try to get there today to read them, I am just running out of time this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan View Post
Saying prayers for you this morning (as usual); let us all know how the meeting went and your Dad's move over; stay safe in this crazy weather!

Is Alli taking driving classes? They have the option to do a parent taught class here in Texas; I did it with my oldest and said never again; no way, no how; youngest went to driving school which was such a pain taking him there all the time, we live out in the sticks and it takes a good half hour to get to town; but I think he learned more and there weren't as many tension filled moments; driving with teens; what an experience.
Thank you!

LOL - Alli will be taking driving classes sometime this spring - we think. Or this summer. We are just not sure yet. In MN, we can't do them ourselves, we have to hire someone to do the behind the wheel portion. And it's expensive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
Sending prayers for you and your Dad today for a smooth transition. It's probably all done by now, at least I hope so. Stay warm and stay safe!
Thank you Lois!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthequeen View Post
I totally forgot about posting about how cute both boys are! Thomas is getting so big! and Sully is just adorable!

I also forgot to mention Lois' Jennifer. Continued prayers for her too. She has been in my thoughts.

I hope all went well with you today. We are trying to get back into our "normal" routine - Shannon went back to NYC yesterday, so Charlie and I have the house to ourselves - with the doggies of course! Poor little Ringo looked so pathetic sitting by the door waiting for Shannon to pack him up and take him with her. I finally went back to work yesterday and have been playing catch up. I somehow ended up chairperson of our Agricultural Business Council at our meeting today....

I have lots of sewing projects on my schedule - I made some pillowcases for Mo's kids and want to do a couple of other things for them.

I am glad that everything went as well as it could have. You've been on my mind a lot lately.

I hope you are able to get everything done, and congratulations on your new chairperson appointment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
I hope everything went smoothly with your discharge meeting.
Thank you Chiara!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
I hope everything went smoothly with your dad's meeting today and that you and Josh are staying warm and safe on the roads.

That little Thomas is adorable - but getting so big.

That Sully is adorable.
Hi Liz!!! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Oh I know it is and that's why I'm trying to enjoy every day of her being a little girl while I can.

Yes soon!! I hope sooner rather than later but it'll happen when he's good and ready.

I figured since this is our last no reason to hold onto the baby stuff anymore once the baby has grown out of it. I do plan on selling whatever she doesn't take so hopefully I'll be able to get rid of all of it expect for a couple favorite outfits/blankets that we'll hold onto.

Glad your feeling better. Good luck today!! I hope your travels were safe and that things went well.
Thank you Sandra!

So sorry for the short replies this morning... I am running late this morning and I have a bazillion things to do... Sigh. My sincere apologies.

First of all... My Dad is doing FANTASTIC!!! I couldn't have asked for a better outcome to all of this. He looks wonderful - better than I have seen him look in years... decades. It brings my heart so much joy to see him so happy and vibrant again.

His discharge meeting went very well, we were able to iron out quite a few missing links. His last day of "therapy" will be on Friday - which means that discharge can happen (and should happen) asap after that.

Essentially, his discharge hinges on Josh and I. Josh has spent all day Monday and all day Tuesday going through my Dad's house and trying to locate the missing paperwork we needed for his assisted living apartment approval. He finally found it at 10:30pm on Tuesday night. So, during that time - there wasn't much packing happening. After the meeting yesterday, he is now in FULL ON purging and packing mode. And we are scrambling to get this all done on time. On top of the purging/packing... He also has several errands to run - which will take a precious half day out of his time table (at least) - all of which are time sensitive matters for my dad. I fear that this won't get done on time.

My brother's foster parents are going to help us move him on Saturday... So, I am going up there early that morning to help with the move. Between all of us - we hope to get everything moved on Saturday.

I am hoping Josh can come home Saturday and I will stay up there to get my dad unpacked. I was up half the night last night, trying to figure out how we were going to do this. It is going to be a nightmare... As I cannot leave his house until he is unpacked... There is no one else to do it - and he cannot do it himself.

Which leaves my customers hanging... I hope to finish my current order this week, but I have no idea when I will be able to start my next order. It's going to be weeks of scrambling to catch up on just a few days away. And this bothers me more than anything. I have never, ever fallen behind on my schedule before. Not to mention, I've committed as a guest in a launch... Which I am going to have to back out of - as much as it pains me to do this - I just don't have the time. I knew I should have worked over my holiday break, but I just nEEDED that time off mentally and pysically after staying in the hospital with my dad and the holidays right after. Sigh.

Ok - onward...

I work at Target today... So, no sewing for me... I may try to pull a few hours after dinner tonight.

I hope all of you have a fantastic day... Thoughts and prayers to all of you! And I cannot wait to get my dad settled, so I can get back to some real Disney trip planning - I could use the distraction now. That's for sure.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:27 AM   #803
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

You are going to make yourself sick...
everything WILL work out. just wish AGAIN i could drive over there and help you i would in a minute.
this will work itself out. people come into family issues all the time. you cannot schedule for them or prepare for them.

I am SURE people will understand your backed up, some orders will be late.
IT HAPPENS. your not going to go to UPB jail.. if so i will bail you out...

stop worrying yourself over things you cannot control at this time... it will work out you have many friends who support you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthequeen View Post

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA???

This ladies and Gentleman is why i LOVE my Dis friends.. AND I WILL BE MEETING HER IN DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am giving you FAIR warning. when we meet i am going SQUISH YOU... You are warned. it may hurt a little.. but Love hurts...
Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:57 AM   #804
cogero
DIS Veteran

D relax things have a way of working out the way they are supposed too.

Just email your customers and tell them you have a family situation and will be working around it.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:30 AM   #805
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

I'm thinking that after that last frantic post, you've taken a deep breath and have settled down a bit. I totally agree with Mo and Chiara that things will work out, your customers will be understanding if their order is a bit late and there will be other launches. You are only human and therefore subject to best laid plans going awry.

Meanwhile, how wonderful that your Dad is so happy there and that Josh finally found the papers needed. So much work ahead, but the worst part is over I hope. If you'll PM me your Dad's address, I'd love to send him cards once in a while. If that's okay.

Have a great day!
Old 01-09-2014, 08:46 AM   #806
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

I am so glad your Dad is doing so well!

Sorry things are so stressful right now. I hope that everything falls in place much easier than you think it will. I know I always seem to think the worse case scenario so hopefully that is what you are doing now.
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:00 AM   #807
lovedonaldduck
DIS Veteran

Saying a prayer for you this morning.

Try not to put extra pressure on yourself (I am horrible at this). You will do the best you can given your situation - if orders are late, your customers will understand, but even if they don't you are doing the best you can given your current circumstances.

I'm having trouble saying what I mean here. You are awesome and if you fall behind due to your dad's situation, everyone else will have to deal with it. You will do everything you can to get back on track as soon as you can - that is the kind of person you are.

Extra thoughts and prayers headed your way today!
Old 01-09-2014, 09:01 AM   #808
Clio
Mouseketeer

Your family comes first. All your customers should understand that. You need to stop and take a deep breath and relax or you won't be any good to anyone.
Things will get done just not as fast as you'd like them to.
I hope you have a good day at work. I'm working another mid today. Due to a lot of strange occurrences we are short 5 people in the electronics complex. We're all scrambling to take up the slack. At least the day goes by fast.
Liz
Clio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:32 AM   #809
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran

Hey Girlie! Take a deep breath and try to relax. Your family always comes first. Just email your customers and tell them you have had a family emergency and you are working to catch up on orders and they will be done ASAP. Most people will understand. Don't keep putting so much pressure on yourself or you will end up sick.

Wish I could be there to help, but just take it one day at a time and don't worry so much.

Hugs,

T

And Mo - never you mind what's going on down here in PA - you will find out soon enough....
Old 01-09-2014, 11:44 AM   #810
Texan
No extra charge for the Tag Fairy entertainment! :)

Okay, I am echoing everyone else, you need to realize that you are not Superwoman and things will get done, just not in the timeframe you expect. You need to take care of yourself, take your vitamins, pray for God to lead you, and take it one step at a time. If you don't take care of yourself you will get sick and make things worse. You need to get your Dad's things taken care of first, and then let everything else fall into place.

Can you PM me your Dad's address too? I have a whole box of encouragement and just a hello cards I send out to family and friends. I am a rare breed who still uses snail mail and writes out cards and letters. I would love to send him a hello from Texas from time to time. It will help him not feel so lonely and have something in the mail for him, which helps.

One . . . step . . . . at . . . a . . . time. Prayers to you and your family!
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = '02/04/2005 11:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=purple>Been too long, much too long </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Finally!!!!!!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
august, bags, park bags, sewing, weight loss

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: