Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2013, 06:26 PM   #706
Texan
No extra charge for the Tag Fairy entertainment! :)

Hey there D! I had to pop in and wish you a very BLESSED and HAPPY New Year! Love the winter family photos - they turned out amazing.

Glad to hear your Dad is doing so well. What an answer to many prayers. Sounds like he is being well taken care of. That is so important when you are so near yet so far.

Glad to see your adr's coming along. I did get my MB's ordered and tried to do the Fast Passes, which I detest. I posted somewhere else my dislike for this system. If you ever want to hear my rant let me know.

I have the best "woman" doctor ever. She has always told me not to dwell on numbers for weight, that eating healthy and exercising is the best thing. I have lamented to her how I cannot exercise like I want to due to a botched foot surgery, so I do what I can and try to eat healthy. You look beautiful!

And again, have a safe and happy new year!
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = '02/04/2005 11:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=purple>Been too long, much too long </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Finally!!!!!!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:07 AM   #707
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Great pics! I know it warms your heart to see Alli sharing her talent.
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2014, 01:43 AM   #708
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Yah - with that size, you should be able to get some great deals on their website right now with the original Tide flip-flop. I love the black - because it goes with everything.
Haven't had a chance to check it out but will probably do it tonight. We're just staying home and and enjoying time together. Well actually I'm the only one awake right now. The kids are in bed asleep and DH fell asleep on the couch. Oh well it is what it is.

Quote:
Totally understand your frustration. My dad seems to be liking it a lot! Which I am so happy for... He hasn't sounded this happy in years, and I love it! He called me yesterday, he was able to go out and see his normal Dr. for his "after hospital check-up" and his Dr. said he looked fantastic! He did take bloodwork just to double check his numbers, he should have those results in a few days.
I think my biggest frustration with the whole phone thing is when I try to get ahold of them. It'll take me numerous phone calls happening about every 5 minutes over the space of an hour to both my mother in law and my step father in law before I can get a hold of them. If we didn't pay for their phones it wouldn't bother me as much but since we do pay for them they should have them where they can hear them. I get it that they are old but my step father in law does have health issues and my mother in law is a diabetic so it's kind of scary when we can't get a hold of them for extended periods of time (oh and they got rid of their home phone so that's not an option for calling anymore.)

That's great he was able to get out and see his normal Dr.!!! I'm happy to hear that he is enjoying it. That's awesome that he's happier than he has been in a while!!

Quote:
OK - I'll be stalking you! Are we FB friends? I am not sure if we are?
Just checked and we will be once you accept the request. I thought we were because I know I get updates on your fan page. Oh and for not being on tonight I decided hey I've got time why not.

Quote:
Hahaha... That made me think of all the years the girls were given play-doh for Christmas... They loved it so much, but I hated it with a passion... Not only did it make the HUGEST mess, but the smell makes me vomit. After the first year - I would make it disappear after 1 or 2 times playing with it, because I couldn't stand the smell or the mess.

Some day, Sarah will be old enough to make sure your stuff doesn't go to waste. Josh used to bring it up once in a while - all the $$ I'd spent on scrapbooking stuff, and it just sat there... But now that Alli has been using it - he hasn't said a word. See... It wasn't so wasteful afterall.
Don't even talk to me about play-doh. I've managed to keep it out of the house until this year!!! DH told me it's not that big of a deal let the kids have it, I can get it out of the carpet. I said ok fine so Sarah got a few sets for Christmas and I still haven't opened it!!! But unfortunately I think tomorrow is the day it'll get opened because I can only put it off so long. Wish me luck that I can keep it contained. The smell doesn't bother me it's just the mess it make that does.

I hope she's still into wanting to create things when she's older. Jeff doesn't bring it up because he never goes into the closet it's in so I think he's forgotten about it. I think we do need to do the one she got for her birthday to see how much she enjoys it because I'd be fine bringing some of it out now to let her use because I got a whole bag full of paper and stickers for free from a friend who knew that I used to love doing SB so she could always use that to practice with. Love that Josh doesn't say anything now and that Alli is using it. Always nice to see things that have been sitting around forever get used.

Quote:
Yah, I sure hope I see progress now. Or I will just have to keep tweeking it... I am learning a lot about nutrition and other things though - so I feel like there is progress.

Thank you! I am so happy we were able to get a few.
I got a crash course on nutrition when I got diagnosed with the gestational diabetes. Still able to keep it under control so that's been a great thing!! Holding steady on weight now because the baby is growing and I'm still losing from what the Dr. said. So that's a nice feeling. Glad your on your way to being where you'll be happy and comfortable.

Wow!! Great job doing more than you were supposed!! Happy your not to sore today.

Yeah for figuring out where you guys want to eat!!! I'm still tweaking ours. Really need to quit second guessing myself and just leave them alone.

Sorry there are problems with O. I had some friends like that growing up and some have completely turned their lives around and are doing great and some unfortunately haven't. Hope your still able to have a great trip with them and that things get better.

Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:05 AM   #709
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Happy new year!!!!!!

I pray that 2014 will be the best year ever for you and your family, D~!! That's my prayer for all of my "friends" on the DIS. I don't make resolutions any more, but I find I begin each new year with a sense of hope and excitement.

I've been meaning to ask, but always forget...was there an ugly Christmas sweater day this year for the girls??? I remember last year's photos and they were so great! I love that your girls participate in these things.

I enjoyed the movie Frozen just as much the second time around. Our son Jeremy ended up going with us and he and Dan enjoyed it too. I hope you get to go see it. It's pretty special.

Have you had a chance to look at the gizmo Disney sent to you? It really is just telling you stuff you probably have already read concerning the fastpass+ and the magic bands. But I was thrilled to get it and you can totally use it for other things as a thumb drive. Doesn't take much to get me excited.

Have a great day with your family!!!
Old 01-01-2014, 07:18 AM   #710
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
I like all your choices except Chef Mickeys.

I really need to figure out how to get us to O'Hana.

I remember hearing about O's birthday last year. I am glad Ali stood up for her beliefs and defended the girl. That is something C would do.

My plan for your trip is you should have an hour or two per day for just you and the girls maybe not stay joined at the hip. That or Maybe without the negative influences there O will act differently.

Glad you have your ADRs planned out.
I agree with you completely... Part of the problem is that BFF expects to be joined at the hip... Every time I mention otherwise, she changes her plans to coincide with ours. Hopefully, once we are there - the girls and I will be able to back off and find other things to do for a little while, because I know it will save the trip. She is my BFF and all - so I do love spending time with her and Olivia, I just have a feeling this will be a very hard trip if we don't take time for ourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDrewsky View Post
I'm still catching up on the rest of your PTR. Your family photos look fantastic. I love the one of Josh giving you a big kiss on the cheek. Alli did such a great job.

Your dining plans look fun.

I hope you and your family have a great New Years Eve.
THnaks Ashley! And your trip is almost here!!! Just a few days! So excited for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedonaldduck View Post
Congrats on having your ADRs all figured out! That's a major step.

That is a lot of character meals! You guys really enjoy the characters so I'm sure it will be great for you. We stick to one character meal per trip - that's really all the adults in our travel party are up for We enjoyed all the meals you have listed, although we've never been to Crystal Palace We're not huge Winnie the Pooh fans at our house so it's never made the must do list. Maybe on our next long trip we'll finally knock that one off the list.
We do enjoy character meals a lot... but we always like to have a few non=character meals too... This, I am afraid, will be too much. But I do understand BFF's desire to have all character meals, since she has been once and O has been twice, and neither have ever had a character meal - I totally GET it. So, I am willing to humor them... And since these are meals the girls and I have done several times - I am sure we can be a little more relaxed about it.

Quote:
Sorry to hear about Olivia, hopefully it is just growing pains. Good for your girls for being more mature and grounded - proof you are doing things right. I don't want to spend too much time thinking about when my girls will be teenagers It may be important for Olivia to have Alli and V in her life (as much as they can stand to be) so she has a good example. Hopefully Disney will bring out the best in her and you guys will have a great time together!
Having girls as teens is a very scary thing... There are sooo many things that could go wrong, yet so many things that can go very right. I am certainly not trying to say that my girls are better than anyone else - as I know they have their own set of troubles... but I just try so hard to commend them for all the RIGHT that they do, and focus really hard on that. I have had a few parents call me... Even to go so far as calling my dds, and ask them specifically to hang around with their child a bit more, because they feel my girls are a good influence... But then - I have this little nugget of impending doom in my chest and I think to myself "my girls are a good influence, your child - not so much - ACK!" But I have to keep reminding myself (and Josh continues to remind me) - we have to give them rope... We've taught them right from wrong, and we need to let them learn how to handle situations. If it were me, I'd keep them in a bubble - I am waaay more over protective than I should be, and it's so very hard for me to let them go. It's something I consciously have to work on. Start your communicating now, and don't ever stop - having things in common... having dinner together as much as possible with out distractions... going on vacations and planning those vacations together... it's all a BIG piece of the puzzle and helps so much with communication later. Trust me.

Quote:
The annual pictures can get pricey! I try to be reasonable though, this year I found the girls matching dresses on clearance (although I didn't have a overall theme in mind when I went shopping so we ended up with 3 sets of matching dresses! We'll use one set for Easter and they can wear the other whenever so it's not a total loss). I got my dress for $25 and can wear it to work anytime so it's not a bad deal (although I did the same thing for myself and ended up with 5 dresses at $25 each). DH didn't get new clothes for the picture - I just shopped in his closet (he probably has the most clothes of all of us). We did out photo shoot at Animal Kingdom Lodge which was convenient since we were staying at Kidani - I think it was $150. We had the same photographer that we'd had a year prior at Beach Club so that was nice. Now that I've listed it all out like that, those were some expensive pictures! Maybe I can do better next year. I always think of myself as cheap but perhaps that isn't very accurate.
Hahaha... Sounds like you have some gorgeous pictures though! Yah it all adds up, that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMom1981 View Post
Oh my sister and I had a BFF like O growing up. Was a great friend to us but started hanging with bad influences. Her family moved away which saved the friendship bc we were strictly phone friends and vacation friends where there wasn't much other influence around. Sadly, her troubles followed her to her adult life but she seems to finally be recovering somewhat in her early 30s and my sister has maintained the friendship......we aren't not friends but just not in contact- I'm busy!
I am sorry to hear about your friend. It seems like moving was a good thing for her... I hope that her life is finally going in a good direction.

I don't think I run the risk of O being a bad influnace on my girls, as I know they do not find her situation or behavior appealing in any way. I also know they are very sad for her, and very sad for their friendship - which isn't as close as it used to be, even since this summer. It's very hard for them to watch their life-long friend go through a hard time. However, because O is a life-long friend, they are not afraid to tell her (or her new friends) how they feel, and since O's house is a safe environment for them - I think they had more confidence. I pray that O is able to find the right path again, and things go right in her world.

Quote:
For me Chef Mickey's breakfast is a must do on our off day. We are in fab 5 mode constantly over here DS 5 and DD 3 and we had a nice breakfast there- by far our best meal for the trip. I think because it was an off day and we weren't rushing around???
We have never ever been to CMs... So I am a bit excited about it. I am a little nervous that it's on our arrival night... I am going to try for an early dinner, hopefully that will mean an early night for us. Normally, we go into MK on our arrival night - but I think doing something different this time will be fun.

Quote:
I also am back and forth on CRT with DD- she loves her some princesses, but.... The price for a child who isn't going to sit and eat.....the compromise might be sending DS and DH to do something else during that time and just taking DD myself. Still not sure but will make the ADR so I have it while ironing all the plans out. Also thinking the meet and greets at Fairytale Hall might be enough to fill a three year old's princess dreams.
I don't think we will be doing CRT this trip at all. It's not something that BFF brought up, so I am going to leave it be, since it is two dining credits. She chose Akershus for our Epcot meal... And my girls really wanted Garden Grill... It's possible that we may split up for this meal, because I would prefer Garden Grill too. But I know if I switch - BFF will want to switch too, and I would prefer that her and Olivia do what THEY want to do, since it's their vacation too.

Quote:
My kids are also Chip and Dale fans so I think we will do Garden Grille at Epcot.
I agree - I love Chip and Dale at GG!

Quote:
And for a yummy/non character meal? Maybe via Napoli or Tonys. Both would be new experiences and I think the kids will eat at either.

Happy New Year!
Thanks for the idea... I always have the worst time figuring out Epcot meals.

I hope you have a wonderful New YEar too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
We've eaten at a number of your choices. Unfortunately, we don't care for Chef Mickey's for dinner or Prime Time...but the others all sound great. I'm glad you got this all settled and can concentrate on more planning.
Well, we have never eaten at CMs... I've heard that people either LOVE it or HATE it... I am afraid I will be a hater - but we will see... Super excited to finally be moving along in our plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Kudos to Alli for standing up for the person they were making fun of.
I agree! But I was NOT surprised at all... She does this all the time... It's something that annoys her greatly and she is very passionate about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Your dining choices sound wonderful! It's kind of opposite of my February trip, we are only doing one character meal. You may want to look into pre-purchasing Memory Maker since you are doing so many character meals. It's new and similar to the old Photo Pass Plus in that you get most of the character meals and ride photos as part of the package.
Oh G.R.E.A.T.... I didn't even know that PP+ is no longer in existance... So another thing I need to learn about. Sigh. We were planning to purchase PP+ - so I am sure we will do what ever this new thing is. Thanks for giving me a heads up Ariana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonMomToWDW View Post
It must be a relief to finally have the adrs decided. Good luck with all those characters.
It is such a relief to finally get to all the planning. I am a bit nervous for all the character meals, but we are used to it. We just need to plan for LOTS of time. Thankfully - the before the park opens breakfasts, the characters are pretty predictable... So we can usually get in and get out in a timely manner. I hope. LOL

Quote:
Happy New Year to you and your family.
Thank you - same to you and yours!

Quote:
My friend has a daughter that likes photography. She ended up doing Senior pictures for her friends and then for her younger sister and her friends. Saved the girls lots of money plus she made a bit on the side. Just a thought.
Yup - I have a feeling that Alli will be doing the same. She did a few senior portraits this year... She didn't charge for them, because she was still learning (still is) - but I don't think anyone will get by so easily next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthequeen View Post
I have to say "Way to go, Allison!" Good for her standing up for another person that she didn't even know. I've been around a lot of teenagers in my time, but those were the "band nerds" or the musical kids, so not much goth going on there, but there is no excuse for anyone to be mean to anyone else.
I agree completely... I am very proud of her for standing up - that took a lot of guts in a room full of people who were different than her. I think she shocked them a little bit... but there was even one girl there who took her side after Alli said something.

Quote:
As far as your ADRs - I like them - lots of character meets though! I'm thinking we may do Crystal Palace and maybe Garden Grill during our September trip. I will start planning out just where we want to eat in the next few weeks. I have until the beginning of March to decide. We already have ressies for our March trip - 2 new to us places - Teppen Edo and Biergarten. I'm hoping to add some new places (other than Crystal Palace and Garden Grill) to our Sept trip too.
We love both CP and GG... so those are great choices! I am so nervous about all the character meals - but they are all of our favorites, so it should be OK. We just need to plan for the HUGE amount of time it takes.

Quote:
Just as an aside, my youngest dd Shannon finally submitted her applications for grad school - she applied to Northwestern (which is near Chicago) and Yale (of all places!) for a master's program in screenwriting. Hopefully she will be accepted to one or both this spring!
This is soooo awesome! I am so proud of her! Please keep us updated!

Quote:
I want to wish everyone here a very happy new year! I will be waiting with bated breath for an announcement from ladylyons family! I am hoping that 2014 will be a much better, happier year for everyone!
Thank you - same to you Tess! And I hope that 2014 is a much better year for you and your family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
D~ those photos are stunning! Ali did a great job. And your whole family is so photogenic. I thought the water in the background was a particularly nice touch.
Hi Lois! Thank you! I was surprised when we got down to the river, that it was still open and flowing. Normally, by this time of year, they are usually mostly frozen over - so it worked out to our advantage.

Quote:
Looks like a good plan for ADRs, if a little character heavy. We are definitely booked at 1900 Park Fair and I already had CP since I love it there and I think Charlotte will too. I also love 50's Primetime.
Yah - just a BIT character heavy. LOL Little nervous about it. Buuut - less time in the heat, so it should work out well. V has a mind to do another pillowcase. I have a feeling, eventually - she will have a whole bed set. Maybe I should talk her into doing the fitted sheet next, instead of a pillowcase? She'll need a bigger bag then.

Quote:
I am very proud of Ali for being true to who she is. That's not easy at her age! You've done a great job, Mama!! I do hope Olivia sees the light soon and makes better decisions.
Me too! No, it is not an easy thing at her age, so I am very proud of her. She is very FIRM in her beliefs, and strong minded - she has always been this way, I thought she would outgrow it by now - but I think it's genetically engrained in her. I am always afraid that she could swing the other way, and be very FIRM in some not so good beliefs... So, I am very fortunate (and thankful) that's not the case.

I also hope that Olivia sees the light soon. This has not been easy on her mom or her family. I do want to make sure I say that her mom is a WONDERFUL mother, and has done everything in her power and beyond to ensure Olivia has everything she needs... It's just a case of "growing up" and finding her place in life, I think.

Quote:
Oh, D~ I'm sorry, I don't remember the name of the inserts for my shoes. I'll try going online later to see if I can find them. If not, I'll call the store and ask. Either way, I'll let you know. They weren't cheap, unfortunately.
It's OK Lois... No hurry - I am just curious. I don't ever expect ANYTHING for my feet to be cheap... LOL

Quote:
YOu know how much it pains me to put my butt on the internet. LOL

Okay, glad I didn't have anything in my mouth when I read this!! I think you should embroider this on your sweatpants! haha But you know, even though it's frustrating that you're not seeing the progress, just the fact that you're not giving up and you have such a determination, you should be very proud of yourself. I plan to get back into my eating program after the first of the year. Holidays are so hard!
LOL - Yah, the butt picture isn't that flattering... but everyone seems to love it... Maybe I will post it here someday?

Thanks... It's been such a long road, I cannot give up now. I've come too far and I am really enjoying the process so much this time. It's so fun to see my body growing stronger with each lift I do, and knowing that once I figure out how to shed the layer (ahem, layers) of fat, there should be some pretty awesome muscle definition under there.

Quote:
Oh! I have to go! Dan and I are taking Charlotte to see Frozen again and it starts at 1:00. I'll come back later. Have a great day!
I hope you had fun! We have plans to go see a movie today... I'll tell you about it below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Wow...that seems like A LOT of character meals. Yikes! Not sure I could deal with that. Two is enough for me. I like them...I just think the food is not on the same level as some of the noncharacter meals. Its like they don't even try because they know you will come anyway to see the characters.
Plus, I just feel like they eat up time. Character meals always take us twice as long as regular meals waiting for all the characters to come around.
But you know what you are getting into, so I'm sure you will be fine.
I coulnd't agree with you more Suzi! However, I am willing to humor BFF for this trip, since they don't often get to go.

Oooh thanks for letting me know about the GCH... I will make sure I have a back-up for that meal - of the non-character variety. LOL

Quote:
But I'm so glad you can finally start planning the days out. That must have been driving you crazy!
It was! Thankfully - every time I have checked the crowd prediction calendars, the least crowded park keeps changing, so it's been easy not to settle on any one plan.

Quote:
Oh...and just a note about O'Hana...they are starting work on the GCH soon according to Tikiman. He thinks they are re-doing everything in stages. So just make sure you have a back up plan for that meal...just in case.
Here it is... I knew you wrote about GCH somewhere in your post. I kind of replied to this in one of my above comments to you.

Quote:
Happy New Years Eve!
Bradey and I are chilling at home. I bought eggnog icecream and the brownies are baking for yumilicious sundaes
Thank you! Happy New Years to you too! I hope you and Bradey had fun las tnight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Hi D~! I LOVE those family photos! AWESOME. Those girls did a lot of growing up since 2004. They do that much too quickly.
THanks! Yah - they grew much too quickly! I'd love to slow time now, but it's just going faster and faster.

Quote:
You certainly do have a lot of character meals! LOL! You'll take a bite of food, pose, take a bite, hug... and repeat. Too fun though. I've done all but still no Chef Mickey's. And we stay at BLT for at least part of every trip so I have no idea why I haven't booked that one yet. Crystal Palace is a favorite of mine for breakfast. Yum!
Exactly! It will be interesting to see how things pan out for all those character meals.

Love CP for breakfast too! It's our must-do... We've never not done it (except for our first trip, when we didn't know anything about WDW before we went)...

Quote:
Wishing you and your family a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Thank you! Same to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan View Post
Hey there D! I had to pop in and wish you a very BLESSED and HAPPY New Year! Love the winter family photos - they turned out amazing.
Thank you! Same to yoU!

Quote:
Glad to hear your Dad is doing so well. What an answer to many prayers. Sounds like he is being well taken care of. That is so important when you are so near yet so far.
Yes! This was definately the result of so many answered prayers. I am so happy with my choice of where he is living, I saw so many places that were soooo institutional, I loved that this one was so homey.

Quote:
Glad to see your adr's coming along. I did get my MB's ordered and tried to do the Fast Passes, which I detest. I posted somewhere else my dislike for this system. If you ever want to hear my rant let me know.
LOL I am so nervous about our MBs not working - I sure hope Disney has all the bugs out by then. I am still not sure about FP+... I am sure it will have it's uses and drawbacks... I will be thrilled not to have to do the FP run for TSM (which I never did) or Soarin', or EE... But I am sure it will suck for other reasons, and I am not sure I want our days to be THAT structured. I don't even k now what the rules are for it... I've heard so many things... I will have to do some research before long.

Quote:
I have the best "woman" doctor ever. She has always told me not to dwell on numbers for weight, that eating healthy and exercising is the best thing. I have lamented to her how I cannot exercise like I want to due to a botched foot surgery, so I do what I can and try to eat healthy. You look beautiful!

And again, have a safe and happy new year!
Awww... Thank you! She does sound like a wonderful woman Dr. I have not been to see mine since last Feb... Just before I had my surgery... And I've only been on this journey since March... I am not sure if she will give me kudos or only look at the numbers. Even though my weight has not done down much - I have gained so much in proper nutrition and changing my muscle/fat ratio - I am almost afraid to go to my Dr., because I am afraid she will only see the #s, and not the work/other progress I've made, and I am afraid it would send me back where I started. I think I may skip my yearly appt, until I get closer to a goal size and shape.

I hope you have a wonderful, safe and Happy New Year too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post

Great pics! I know it warms your heart to see Alli sharing her talent.
Hi Judy! Thank you and thanks for stopping by... I didn't make a graphic for New Years... Oh well... I hope to get around to everyone's TRs today to send out my wishes. I hope you have a wonderful New YEars too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Haven't had a chance to check it out but will probably do it tonight. We're just staying home and and enjoying time together. Well actually I'm the only one awake right now. The kids are in bed asleep and DH fell asleep on the couch. Oh well it is what it is.
LOL - I didn't even try to stay up... It's useless for me. LOL

Quote:
I think my biggest frustration with the whole phone thing is when I try to get ahold of them. It'll take me numerous phone calls happening about every 5 minutes over the space of an hour to both my mother in law and my step father in law before I can get a hold of them. If we didn't pay for their phones it wouldn't bother me as much but since we do pay for them they should have them where they can hear them. I get it that they are old but my step father in law does have health issues and my mother in law is a diabetic so it's kind of scary when we can't get a hold of them for extended periods of time (oh and they got rid of their home phone so that's not an option for calling anymore.)
I totally understand this. I've had the same frustration with my dad.... I've gone days where I can't get a hold of him... So then I put out an alert to anyone and everyone... It's usually 2 parts... 1. Let my dad know that I am trying to reach him and call me. 2. Let me know if you've talked to him in the last few days, so I know he is OK. I normally get a response right away from someone who has talked to him. It's very frustrating and scary though at times.

Quote:
That's great he was able to get out and see his normal Dr.!!! I'm happy to hear that he is enjoying it. That's awesome that he's happier than he has been in a while!!
Yes, it's so wonderful and such a relief. Especially, since he is diabetic... I worry that he wasn't getting proper nutrition before. Now I know he is, and I know there are people all around him if something happens.

Quote:
Just checked and we will be once you accept the request. I thought we were because I know I get updates on your fan page. Oh and for not being on tonight I decided hey I've got time why not.
Hahaha... I accepted it right away this morning.

Quote:
Don't even talk to me about play-doh. I've managed to keep it out of the house until this year!!! DH told me it's not that big of a deal let the kids have it, I can get it out of the carpet. I said ok fine so Sarah got a few sets for Christmas and I still haven't opened it!!! But unfortunately I think tomorrow is the day it'll get opened because I can only put it off so long. Wish me luck that I can keep it contained. The smell doesn't bother me it's just the mess it make that does.
I hope it goes well... LOL I don't envy you at all. So happy our play doh days are waaaay over.

Quote:
I hope she's still into wanting to create things when she's older. Jeff doesn't bring it up because he never goes into the closet it's in so I think he's forgotten about it. I think we do need to do the one she got for her birthday to see how much she enjoys it because I'd be fine bringing some of it out now to let her use because I got a whole bag full of paper and stickers for free from a friend who knew that I used to love doing SB so she could always use that to practice with. Love that Josh doesn't say anything now and that Alli is using it. Always nice to see things that have been sitting around forever get used.
I am sure she will... I know my girls still want to create - so do I, for that matter. LOL

Quote:
I got a crash course on nutrition when I got diagnosed with the gestational diabetes. Still able to keep it under control so that's been a great thing!! Holding steady on weight now because the baby is growing and I'm still losing from what the Dr. said. So that's a nice feeling. Glad your on your way to being where you'll be happy and comfortable.
I know... I am so happy/relieved/proud of you for being able to get through this whole pregnancy with out meds for that! Such an amazing accomplishment!

Quote:
Wow!! Great job doing more than you were supposed!! Happy your not to sore today.
Yah - I wasn't too sore yesterday morning, but as the day went on, I was getting sore in places I didn't know existed. LOL I am still a little bit sore this morning, and I am supposed to lift today - I haven't decided if I am going to or not? It's a different lift schedule today - so I won't be using any of the musles that are still sore.

Quote:
Yeah for figuring out where you guys want to eat!!! I'm still tweaking ours. Really need to quit second guessing myself and just leave them alone.
I usually mess around with them until the last moment. Unfortunately, this time, I won't be able to do that with out clearing with BFF...

Quote:
Sorry there are problems with O. I had some friends like that growing up and some have completely turned their lives around and are doing great and some unfortunately haven't. Hope your still able to have a great trip with them and that things get better.
I am sure we will have a wonderful time. We will just have to remember to take breaks from eachother when we can.

I was able to get more information about my Dad yesterday, regarding how I go about some of his financial stuff. So that was REALLY good. Some of this is so confusing to me.

The girls and I had a great day... We were pretty lazy. I changed some of our AGs out of their holiday wear, and into spring clothes. THat was fun - I haven't had much dolly time recently. I tried to talk V into helping me, but she was napping - so I let her be.

I did take a nap yesterday afternoon. It's very important to get enough sleep when your muscles are repairing (good excuse, right?) - and since I didn't sleep well the night before, I took the opportunity. Even though my muscles were very sore yesterday morning, I did get more sore as the day went on, but I woke from my nap feeling pretty good. So maybe there is some validity to that statement?

Today is a lifting day for me... Fortunately, it's a different work out from Monday (the program is designed that way), so I won't be using any of the same muscles. And now I KNOW not to do 3 sets. LOL

Last night, Josh had a plan. He is taking the girls and I to see "Saving Mr. Banks" today... So, last night, he made us watch Mary Poppins. It was a lot of fun. I remember seeing the movie as a child, and even once when the girls were little... but I didn't rememember the ending at all. So it was good that we all watched it again. I am looking forward to going to the movies today. I also hope we get to see Frozen too... it has such good reviews!

Then, this evening, we were invited to our neighbor's for dinner. They are making prime rib (num!)... Josh is making home made bread pudding for dessert... Num again! We always have such a good time with our neighbors, so I am looking foward to it.

I wish each and everyone of you a Happy New YEars! I've spent so much time this morning responding, I don't know that I will get the chance to go around to everyone's TRs/PTRs for New YEars wishes... My sincere apologies.

Sending out prayers and good thoughts to all! Happy New YEar!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:03 AM   #711
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

We didn't have any problems with our MagicBands when we were at WDW the first week of December. And fp+ was really convenient. I don't know what it will be like in August, though, if it is rolled out to all the guests by then. But it was great to be able to schedule a time for a ride rather than depend on random fp times.

We are planning to go to see "Saving Mr. Banks" today, too. We have a very cold and snowy day today and it seems like a good day for it.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:36 AM   #712
lovedonaldduck
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear what you all think about Saving Mr. Banks. I really want to see it but my girls are way too young and DH isn't interested. Guess I'll see it on video. I think we may take my mom to see Frozen this weekend - it will be the second time for the girls and I but I'd really like to see it again!

We were going to go hit some nature trails today but the drizzly weather is not cooperating, I'm not sure what we're going to do

Happy New Year! Enjoy your family time today!
Old 01-01-2014, 10:24 AM   #713
Terkina
DIS Veteran

Happy New Year

That's great that you got more information about your dad's financial stuff.
Sounds like you had a nice day yesterday.

I celebrated new years at my parents house as usual. It was a nice evening. And the fireworks was great as always from the mountain and this year the numbers was magical. When the time was 11.45pm they started to light the numbers they first made the year 1814 which is the year Norway got it's constitution. And above 1814 in smaller number it said 200 (200 years since then) Then about 10 minutes later they changed the numbers to 2013 (since it still was 2013) and exactly at midnight they changed 2013 to 2014 and wrote JaVi ♥ Which was supposed to be read out Ja vi elsker (it means yes we love which also is the first sentence in our national anthem). It was really cool.
Normal years they write the year we are leaving in the mountains at around 11.45pm and when it gets midnight they change the number so it is the number of the new year. We are the only city in Norway having numbers in the mountain side. Maybe we are the only one in the world that has it I don't know. There are volunteers that does this for the city. So I really hope that new people would like to keep this great tradition so we can have it many years to come.

Here you can see pictures of the mountain with the numbers and the firework.
http://www.itromso.no/nyheter/article8888225.ece#4

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Terkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:35 AM   #714
cogero
DIS Veteran

Have fun at the movies and your Dinner sounds fun.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:50 AM   #715
nowellsl
my car finds out everytime I have money

We went to see Saving Mr. Banks last weekend and I really enjoyed it! I'm definitely going to order it when it comes out on DVD! I'm sure you and your family will love it! Happy New Year I'm looking forward to another year of amazing bags, and trip plans!
nowellsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:14 AM   #716
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to hear if you liked your movie. Dan and I want to see it, but the day it came out was when our son arrived for his two week stay. He leaves early tomorrow and Emily leaves Friday morning. Also Friday morning Dan and I are leaving to have Christmas with Jennifer and her family. When we get home, wild horses won't be able to drag me anywhere for a solid month....when we take Charlotte to Disney!!

D~ I know you're struggling right now as far as your healthier lifestyle goes. Try to focus on the amazing progress you've made so far. Who cares whether your dr appreciates all the hard work you've put in. You know what you've been doing and no one can take that away. The results will always come more slowly than you'd like. Don't get discouraged. The choices you are making now to work out and eat better will make you healthier, give you more energy and will help you to age well. Plus you are teaching your family how to have all those things too. You inspire me to dig deeper and try harder, and I don't mean just in striving to be healthier. I really don't think you know how amazing you are. Now drop down and give me 20! Don't make me come up there!!
Old 01-02-2014, 02:12 AM   #717
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Quote:
LOL - I didn't even try to stay up... It's useless for me. LOL
lol I was only still up because I had gotten to take a nap yesterday afternoon. The last few years we've been in bed by 11 pm. Even last year when we were in DL!!! The cold and crowds had just gotten to me and I was ready to leave.

Quote:
I totally understand this. I've had the same frustration with my dad.... I've gone days where I can't get a hold of him... So then I put out an alert to anyone and everyone... It's usually 2 parts... 1. Let my dad know that I am trying to reach him and call me. 2. Let me know if you've talked to him in the last few days, so I know he is OK. I normally get a response right away from someone who has talked to him. It's very frustrating and scary though at times.
At least you've got people that talk to him. Unfortunately if we haven't heard from them then no one's heard from them. My sister in law sends me texts all the time to find out if I've talked to them and all I can is no.

Quote:
Yes, it's so wonderful and such a relief. Especially, since he is diabetic... I worry that he wasn't getting proper nutrition before. Now I know he is, and I know there are people all around him if something happens.
That is awesome knowing he's eating right and getting everything he needs. And the help especially if something bad does happen.

Quote:
Hahaha... I accepted it right away this morning.
Yeah so now you'll probably be one of the first to know when it happens! The Braxton hicks have started becoming true contractions so I think it's just a matter of time now. Still getting the false contractions too but now mixed with the real one's. Would love for it to happen in the next few days while the kids are still out of school but don't think that's going to happen. I'll be 36 weeks on Friday!!

Quote:
I hope it goes well... LOL I don't envy you at all. So happy our play doh days are waaaay over.
I wish our play doh days were over but it's ok. I somehow managed to not have to open it today!! But I did promise Sarah I'd open one of her set's tomorrow so it'll happen. I know she's excited and can't wait.

Quote:
I am sure she will... I know my girls still want to create - so do I, for that matter. LOL
I wish I had time to create more but I just know the time will come where the kids won't be as busy so I'll give up the creating for now.

Quote:
I know... I am so happy/relieved/proud of you for being able to get through this whole pregnancy with out meds for that! Such an amazing accomplishment!
Thank you!! I'm still surprised that I've been able to make this drastic of a change in such a short time frame and still keep it up!! Your doing great with all your exercising and eating more healthy too!!

Quote:
Yah - I wasn't too sore yesterday morning, but as the day went on, I was getting sore in places I didn't know existed. LOL I am still a little bit sore this morning, and I am supposed to lift today - I haven't decided if I am going to or not? It's a different lift schedule today - so I won't be using any of the musles that are still sore.
Glad to hear your schedule today will let your sore muscles relax and work different one's. It's nice that you know it's working though.

Quote:
I usually mess around with them until the last moment. Unfortunately, this time, I won't be able to do that with out clearing with BFF...
I think now that the holiday's are over I'm going to give our schedule one last look and make any final changes and then leave them alone. I don't want to have to hope for a time that works for us when I do go to change and the closer we get I just don't want to mess with it. That does make it harder when you have to check with other's. Luckily I was basically told do what I want and we'll do it.

Quote:
I am sure we will have a wonderful time. We will just have to remember to take breaks from eachother when we can.
Yes breaks are always a good thing!! Regardless you'll be in WDW and enjoying your girls once again.

Hope you enjoyed the movie!! I've heard nothing but great tings about it and am thinking DH and I need a date night before this baby is born. Maybe I'll try to get a hold of his cousin to see if she can watch them for a few hours this weekend so DH and I can go.

Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:28 AM   #718
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
We didn't have any problems with our MagicBands when we were at WDW the first week of December. And fp+ was really convenient. I don't know what it will be like in August, though, if it is rolled out to all the guests by then. But it was great to be able to schedule a time for a ride rather than depend on random fp times.

We are planning to go to see "Saving Mr. Banks" today, too. We have a very cold and snowy day today and it seems like a good day for it.
That makes me super happy - I think you are the first person I have heard that hasn't had any problems.

I hope you enjoyed Saving Mr. Banks!

Quote:
Can't wait to hear what you all think about Saving Mr. Banks. I really want to see it but my girls are way too young and DH isn't interested. Guess I'll see it on video. I think we may take my mom to see Frozen this weekend - it will be the second time for the girls and I but I'd really like to see it again!

We were going to go hit some nature trails today but the drizzly weather is not cooperating, I'm not sure what we're going to do

Happy New Year! Enjoy your family time today!
Happy New Year to you too! I hope you enjoyed your day - no matter what you decided to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina View Post
Happy New Year

That's great that you got more information about your dad's financial stuff.
Sounds like you had a nice day yesterday.

I celebrated new years at my parents house as usual. It was a nice evening. And the fireworks was great as always from the mountain and this year the numbers was magical. When the time was 11.45pm they started to light the numbers they first made the year 1814 which is the year Norway got it's constitution. And above 1814 in smaller number it said 200 (200 years since then) Then about 10 minutes later they changed the numbers to 2013 (since it still was 2013) and exactly at midnight they changed 2013 to 2014 and wrote JaVi e Which was supposed to be read out Ja vi elsker (it means yes we love which also is the first sentence in our national anthem). It was really cool.
Normal years they write the year we are leaving in the mountains at around 11.45pm and when it gets midnight they change the number so it is the number of the new year. We are the only city in Norway having numbers in the mountain side. Maybe we are the only one in the world that has it I don't know. There are volunteers that does this for the city. So I really hope that new people would like to keep this great tradition so we can have it many years to come.

Here you can see pictures of the mountain with the numbers and the firework.
http://www.itromso.no/nyheter/article8888225.ece#4
Happy New Year to you too Lillian! And oh WOW - those pictures are truly spectacular and beautiful. What a wonderful way to spend your New Years!!! It looks like it takes a lot of time and work to set up - but it's just breath taking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
Have fun at the movies and your Dinner sounds fun.
Thanks! We didn't make it to the movie. :/ Dinner was wonderful though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowellsl View Post
We went to see Saving Mr. Banks last weekend and I really enjoyed it! I'm definitely going to order it when it comes out on DVD! I'm sure you and your family will love it! Happy New Year I'm looking forward to another year of amazing bags, and trip plans!
Thanks Stephanie! Happy New year to you too! It will be fun to see what this year brings for bag fun!

Quote:
I can't wait to hear if you liked your movie. Dan and I want to see it, but the day it came out was when our son arrived for his two week stay. He leaves early tomorrow and Emily leaves Friday morning. Also Friday morning Dan and I are leaving to have Christmas with Jennifer and her family. When we get home, wild horses won't be able to drag me anywhere for a solid month....when we take Charlotte to Disney!!
Yay!!! I hope you have a wonderful trip to see Jennifer, I hope she is doing well. She continues to be in our thoughts and prayers. And I cannot wait to hear about your Disney trip with Charlotte - I sure hope you'll share a few pictures with me, whether it's here or privately! It's going to be amazing!

Quote:
D~ I know you're struggling right now as far as your healthier lifestyle goes. Try to focus on the amazing progress you've made so far. Who cares whether your dr appreciates all the hard work you've put in. You know what you've been doing and no one can take that away. The results will always come more slowly than you'd like. Don't get discouraged. The choices you are making now to work out and eat better will make you healthier, give you more energy and will help you to age well. Plus you are teaching your family how to have all those things too. You inspire me to dig deeper and try harder, and I don't mean just in striving to be healthier. I really don't think you know how amazing you are. Now drop down and give me 20! Don't make me come up there!!
I may take you up on that offer. Hahaha... In all seriousness... It's just so HARD to look in the mirror day after day, wanting change so badly and working so hard for it - and just seeing nothing. I know I am in such better shape, healthwise, than I was a year ago... I still have yet to tell anyone in real life (except my 2 closest friends) that I lift weights, because I don't want people to think "yah right..." Ya know? I want people to see me, and say - "Wow, she really worked hard..." And I do. Does that make any sense at all? I have no specific size or weight goal, just that I want to look like I work out.

Quote:
lol I was only still up because I had gotten to take a nap yesterday afternoon. The last few years we've been in bed by 11 pm. Even last year when we were in DL!!! The cold and crowds had just gotten to me and I was ready to leave.

At least you've got people that talk to him. Unfortunately if we haven't heard from them then no one's heard from them. My sister in law sends me texts all the time to find out if I've talked to them and all I can is no.

That is awesome knowing he's eating right and getting everything he needs. And the help especially if something bad does happen.

Yeah so now you'll probably be one of the first to know when it happens! The Braxton hicks have started becoming true contractions so I think it's just a matter of time now. Still getting the false contractions too but now mixed with the real one's. Would love for it to happen in the next few days while the kids are still out of school but don't think that's going to happen. I'll be 36 weeks on Friday!!

I wish our play doh days were over but it's ok. I somehow managed to not have to open it today!! But I did promise Sarah I'd open one of her set's tomorrow so it'll happen. I know she's excited and can't wait.

I wish I had time to create more but I just know the time will come where the kids won't be as busy so I'll give up the creating for now.

Thank you!! I'm still surprised that I've been able to make this drastic of a change in such a short time frame and still keep it up!! Your doing great with all your exercising and eating more healthy too!!

Glad to hear your schedule today will let your sore muscles relax and work different one's. It's nice that you know it's working though.

I think now that the holiday's are over I'm going to give our schedule one last look and make any final changes and then leave them alone. I don't want to have to hope for a time that works for us when I do go to change and the closer we get I just don't want to mess with it. That does make it harder when you have to check with other's. Luckily I was basically told do what I want and we'll do it.

Yes breaks are always a good thing!! Regardless you'll be in WDW and enjoying your girls once again.

Hope you enjoyed the movie!! I've heard nothing but great tings about it and am thinking DH and I need a date night before this baby is born. Maybe I'll try to get a hold of his cousin to see if she can watch them for a few hours this weekend so DH and I can go.
I wish you luck with the Play-doh today... HOpefully the smell will throw you into labor. And I hope your delivery is easy and painless. Sorry for the short reply today - running late.

Running just a bit late this morning... I have to work at Target today.

The girls are back to school and Josh is at work. And so our normal life resumes.

We didn't make it to Saving Mr. Banks yesterday. I was soooo sad and my inner 3 y/o really wanted to throw a tantrum... But the adult in me over ruled (barely)... Josh PROMISED me we would go on Saturday instead.

The reason we didn't go, is that our neighbor that wanted us for dinner changed the original time from 4pm to 2pm... And there were no theatre times that would work for us. We could have gone to a 7pm show, but I could have never kept my eyes open through it - we know better than to even try.

But dinner was FANTASTIC! They made Prime rib, with cheesy crock-pot potatoes and home made sweet corn. I brought sweet potatoes fried in coconut oil, and Josh made home made bread putting - which was ahhhhmazing! We visited and chatted for a few hours - it was a lot of fun. We always have the best time with them!

Then we came home, and I immediately fell asleep in my recliner...

Today, I work at Target - sigh... My foot isn't quite better today, so I have a feeling it's going to be a rough day.

Trip related questions...

When do we get to pick our magic bands? I checked on the website this morning, and it doesn't look like we are able to yet.

From what I can read on the website - it doesn't look like our restaurant photos are included in the new Memory Maker... Can someone confirm/deny?

I hope you all have a wonderful day! Sending out prayers and good thoughts to all in need.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:32 AM   #719
BudgieMama
DIS Veteran

Following from the FB group Love your custom bags! They are incredible!
Upcoming: October 2014: Yorkshire/Blackpool * February 2015: Iceland
Lifelong Dream: PTR Report *** Living the Dream Trip Report *** http://longsdisneytrip.blogspot.co.uk/
BudgieMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:22 AM   #720
npierce25
Mouseketeer

Hi D! Getting caught up on everything. Glad to hear that things with your dad are going well. All of that can be so overwhelming, even more so during the holidays. The photo board the girls made for his room was so cute. I wish they would have had something like that at the place my grandmother was!
It was nice to hear about your holidays! Ours went well, until the day after Christmas I dropped my phone in the toilet at best buy. There went the Christmas money I was going to use to buy a new sewing machine. I worked New Years day so I am going to put my holiday pay towards it now.

But Aiyana really enjoyed her Christmas! She got her first AG doll from her one Grandmother. She got Kaya. (they are 100% native, so I understand why). Only problem is that she is so afraid to mess it up she wont take it out of the box. Hopefully DH keeps working this Overtime job and we can either get her the new doll of the year (shes a dancer like dd but a blond, unlike dd) or one of the "vaguely looks like me" dolls. She also got a talking minion robot thing and a very annoying furby from the other grandmother. I suggested to my dh that we lock them in a closet and tell them that both go in but only one comes out.... Spartan style..... dd heard me and was not pleased!
We started making our ADR's for the Birthday trip in June. I am getting more and more excited each day!

Post some of your AG dolls in their cute outfits!!!

Hope you have a wonderful and fast day at target!

Natalie!

Tags
august, bags, park bags, sewing, weight loss

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: