Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2013, 08:38 AM   #676
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I wear my Orthaheel Tide flip flops around the house constantly - I cannot go barefoot, as my PF acts up immediately.
Are those sandals available in stores? I have a high arch and have had plantar fasciitis before, so those sandals look promising.

Quote:
So, starting today... I should be back on track.

Wish me luck everyone...

Oh, and if you are interested... I've lost 22lbs since March... but I've lost several inches all over... So, it's still progress... Just really slow/stalled progress. But the right direction.

D~
At least you discovered the cause of the problem and that it is solvable. Congratulations on the successful weight loss to date and good luck on the future weight loss to come.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:02 PM   #677
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
And my heart just broke when I read about Gwen. I read it yesterday just after praying for her and it was just so sad. It wasn't that long ago she was first diagnosed. Tess, I'm so sorry for your loss and that of Gwen's family. You all will continue to be in my prayers. I, too, feel as though I know you. I'm glad you had your kids with you during the holiday. I know that must have been such a comfort.

Oh, my daughter Emily and I took Charlotte to see Frozen yesterday. It was so good! We came home and listened to a lot of the songs on You Tube and Charlotte danced around. Dan watched little Caroline (age 15 mos) including changing a poo diaper. What a guy! Did you ever get to see Saving Mr. Banks? Dan and I are going there once all our kids leave. We have enjoyed having them here, all but Jennifer. She is doing pretty well with the PT, but as all of us do, wishes the progress was faster.

Prayers for all who need them and wishes for a fabulous New Year, in case I don't get back on.
Thank you Lois, we are still getting by one day at a time. The service in Hawaii was yesterday and we are waiting for Gwen to come "home". Looks like it may be another week before they can get a flight. I really appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

Glad to hear Jennifer is doing well. I've been praying for her as well.

We went to see Saving Mr. Banks last week. Shannon and I liked it, but Charlie did not. He was expecting a more "upbeat" movie.

I also have plantar fasciitis. I found flip flops at Walmart called Okaboshi that have an arch support that worked wonders for me last year. They also have a website so you could order online. I also alternate wearing flats with wearing heels and I think that works for me as well. I do notice flare ups if I wear flats for too many days in a row.

Can't wait to see your family pictures!
Wait.....we're staying where? and when??

2001 - All Star Movies; 2010 - POFQ; 2011 - POFQ; 2013- Caribbean Beach
Iamthequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2013, 01:17 PM   #678
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Hi D~! I am finally caught up. I followed your FB posts about your dad. I'm grateful that he is settled and that he's settled in and doing well. Sorry about the tasks you have to attend to on his behalf - I know they are time consuming. I'm sure he is ever so grateful for all that you do.

Loved reading about your Christmas (yay for your new scissors!), post Christmas and seeing photos of the lovely finished stockings all hung in the appropriate homes. Great job!

Even 5 years after losing 34 lbs I still keep a food and exercise journal. It keeps me accountable even if my weight increases from time to time at least I know what I need to do. I don't weigh myself that often since I'm too obsessed with the numbers. At least you have a plan for adjusting your calorie intake without it being too drastic. Makes perfect sense.

Congratulations on progress for your ADRs!! I completely understand how those can change.

Since I didn't make it over to wish you a very Merry Christmas I will send you an early Happy New Year greeting!! I hope you are enjoying your weekend!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:04 PM   #679
DisneyTeacher01
Mouseketeer

SoooI have to ask, where is the picture of your Christmas skirt?

Sorry, I have to be the trouble maker

~Jennifer

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post51079465

2014~All Star Sports (I'm finally going back!!!)
2010~One Day only
2005~All Star Movies
2004~All Star Movies
2001~WDW College Program
1996~Off Site
DisneyTeacher01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:50 PM   #680
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Quote:
Thanks Sandra! Yup - I keep a water bottle in my freezer too. I wear my Orthaheel Tide flip flops around the house constantly - I cannot go barefoot, as my PF acts up immediately. So, I wake up, walk the 5 feet to my dresser, slip on my flip flops and they stay on my feet all day long. I hate that I can't wear them in the winter and at work. I did buy a pair of their inserts, but they just aren't the same as the flip flops on my feet - I dunno what it is about them? I swear, I can slip them on after a day at Target and it's amost immediate relief - most of the time. But the arch in them is SUPER high and takes a lot of getting used to - most people HATE them. But - I can usually find them at various places for less than $50.

My PF is much better now... Still a little sore when I first stand up, but getting better. Phew! About the time I am fully healed again, I'll have to work a shift at Target and I will be right back to where I was.
I'll have to check those out. Last time I went to the Dr. about it they gave me a few names of shoes I should check out because they told me I should have a shoe that has a very firm sole. So when you hold the shoe in your hands and try to fold it in half it doesn't fold. I also have a very high arch so I'm sure I wouldn't have to many problems adjusting to those.

Glad it's on the mend. Hope it doesn't flare up as bad after your next shift.

Quote:
Yes! I just wish my Dad would call me... He doesn't have a phone in his room and his reception is HORRIBLE in the nursing home. Every time I try to call him, it goes straight to his voicemail. He has to be standing by a window to get reception. Grrrr... I gave him orders the other day, to call me every day or two to let me know how he is doing - since it's hit or miss (usually always miss) when I try to call him... And, of course, he doesn't call - I sure hope it means he is having fun and he doesn't think I've abandoned him.
That does make it hard when he's not calling you and that the reception is horrible on his phone so you can't reach him. Does he at least know how to check his voicemail so he knows you have called? (I only ask because no matter how easy I make it for my mother in law she still can't check her voicemail.) I agree he's probably having a good time and just doesn't think to call.

Quote:
WTG! What a relief to have your holiday items put away... We still need to do that. Also, it must be a relief to have some of the items out for the baby... It's getting soooo close!
It is so nice to have my living room put back to normal (well kind of since we have now added baby items to it.) I've also been going through my closets and dresser the last 2 days so I can put the babies clothes in the dresser. It's something I've been wanting to do for a while just didn't have the motivation until now. Yes it is getting close!! I've been having Braxton hicks contractions off and on for the last 3 weeks and starting yesterday I've been getting the real one's off and on. He'll be here before we know it. So if I disappear for a week or so don't worry to much. I'm probably just off having a baby!!

Quote:
Yah - I am not sure how that happened? LOL I was never very crafty until I learned to sew... I had a lot of hobbies previously - well, I guess Josh would say I was crafty before - so maybe I was? LOL
Before kids I was really big into scrap booking and enjoyed doing it. Then once I had Jeremy I found I still enjoyed it but it was just a pain to pull things out and then have to put it away. Especially once he was crawling and grabbing everything. I also did different crafts growing up but not anything I've wanted to do now.

Can't wait to see how the pictures turned out!! I'm sure they turned out great since Allison took them.

Glad you figured out what you were doing and hopefully you can get back on track to losing weight and inches.

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:33 AM   #681
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse_Mommy4 View Post
Good Morning D!

I just wanted to pop in and tell you that even though I haven't been commenting I am reading along.

Congrats on the progress with BFF! It feels good for planners like us to at least get "some" adr's nailed down.

Speaking of Adr's....I had a family meeting yesterday with the extended family and friends that are travelling with us next summer.

Let's just say this trip will be interesting........

We did manage (with alot of discussion) to nail down a few Adr's to eat together. Thank goodness we are not trying to coordinate the entire two weeks!

Have a great rest of your weekend!
Hi Tasha! I am so happy to see you! I hope you are well and had a wonderful holiday!

I am actually thinking of calling BFF today, since all of the girls are out of school and do a "trip meeting" if we can, either today or tomorrow... I'd like to get some of this ironed out and decided... That way, I can get our days planned out better and get started on our mini-planners too.

I am glad you were able to get some planning done too... Yah - trying to coordinate a trip like that and stay together for the whole two weeks is a recipe for disaster, IMO. So, I am happy to hear that you aren't doing that.

I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse_Mommy4 View Post
I think we were posting at the same time!

Congrats on the weight loss and inches D. I know you want faster results (so do I) but hey we didn't put it all on in one day.....

I am still super proud of all your hard work and dedication! We will reach our goals
Thanks Tasha! LOL - I guess I could care less about "faster" results, at this point, I would just like to have some results, period. LOL

Thanks for being proud of me, I am not very proud of myself at the moment. I spent most of my night last night researching my numbers to make triple sure I got them right. So, here's to a bit better progress.

On the plus side... And there is a plus side... I didn't gain any inches over the holidays - I maintained perfectly. So, I think that's a pretty big plus. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
D you are doing great.

I am fan of Calorie Confusion. I also eat the same amount pretty much every day. I am obsessive and have to journal to stay on track.

You are such an inspiration.
Thank you Chiara! I just hate journaling... It would have been so much more beneficial to me, had I been journaling all along - but I can't beat myself up over it... I just need to keep moving on. It sort of helps that so many others are joining me for New Years.

And you are an inspiration to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
Are those sandals available in stores? I have a high arch and have had plantar fasciitis before, so those sandals look promising.
They are not... I order them online at:
orthaheelusa.com I just checked and it looks like they are out of stock and discontinuing the original Tide sandal, but they've come out with the TideII... I am not sure how the new ones are sized, but the old ones, I sized down (whole sizes only). I normally wear a 9 or 9.5 in most shoes and I wear an 8 in these. So, I would read some reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
At least you discovered the cause of the problem and that it is solvable. Congratulations on the successful weight loss to date and good luck on the future weight loss to come.
Thankfully I did... Now, hopefully I start to see some progress in the next few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthequeen View Post
Thank you Lois, we are still getting by one day at a time. The service in Hawaii was yesterday and we are waiting for Gwen to come "home". Looks like it may be another week before they can get a flight. I really appreciate your thoughts and prayers.
I am glad that the service in Hawaii was already... but wow - I cannot believe how long it takes for them to get a flight. I pray it's sooner than that for you.

Quote:
Glad to hear Jennifer is doing well. I've been praying for her as well.

We went to see Saving Mr. Banks last week. Shannon and I liked it, but Charlie did not. He was expecting a more "upbeat" movie.
Bummer that Charlie didn't like it. As much as I want to see it in the theatre, I don't know if I will get the chance. I hope to though.

Quote:
I also have plantar fasciitis. I found flip flops at Walmart called Okaboshi that have an arch support that worked wonders for me last year. They also have a website so you could order online. I also alternate wearing flats with wearing heels and I think that works for me as well. I do notice flare ups if I wear flats for too many days in a row.

Can't wait to see your family pictures!
I remember you talking about those last year. I did find them at our store, but by the time I did, they were sold out in most sizes and colors, so I wasn't able to try them on. I hope to look for them earlier this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Hi D~! I am finally caught up. I followed your FB posts about your dad. I'm grateful that he is settled and that he's settled in and doing well. Sorry about the tasks you have to attend to on his behalf - I know they are time consuming. I'm sure he is ever so grateful for all that you do.
Thank you Brenda! Yah - it kind of sucks... but I am glad that I am here and able to take care of it for him. I know he is worried about it - I talked to him last night and I had to tell him to "pretend he is on vacation" and let me take care of all of this "stuff". I hope he listens, because his job right now is to just get better.

Quote:
Loved reading about your Christmas (yay for your new scissors!), post Christmas and seeing photos of the lovely finished stockings all hung in the appropriate homes. Great job!
Thanks! It was a lot of fun! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas too!

Quote:
Even 5 years after losing 34 lbs I still keep a food and exercise journal. It keeps me accountable even if my weight increases from time to time at least I know what I need to do. I don't weigh myself that often since I'm too obsessed with the numbers. At least you have a plan for adjusting your calorie intake without it being too drastic. Makes perfect sense.
UGH!!! I dunno how you do it? I just hate the journaling part... I wish I could do this with out the journaling, but I need to be accountable for a while - so hopefully this change helps and I will be back on track.

And congrats to you for maintaining your loss for so long! That is JUST FANTASTIC!!!! That is one of my long term goals this time.

Quote:
Congratulations on progress for your ADRs!! I completely understand how those can change.
Hahaha... I know. I am hoping to have a meeting with BFF and her dd either today or tomorrow, so we can work on the rest of them.

Quote:
Since I didn't make it over to wish you a very Merry Christmas I will send you an early Happy New Year greeting!! I hope you are enjoying your weekend!
Thank you - right back atcha too! I hope you had a wonderful weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyTeacher01 View Post
SoooI have to ask, where is the picture of your Christmas skirt?

Sorry, I have to be the trouble maker

~Jennifer
Hahahaha... Well, I know this is so disappointing, but I don't have one... I thought I did, but I just went through all of my files and I can't find it. I will try to get one today or tomorrow, and get it posted for you. I know, I am a total slacker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
I'll have to check those out. Last time I went to the Dr. about it they gave me a few names of shoes I should check out because they told me I should have a shoe that has a very firm sole. So when you hold the shoe in your hands and try to fold it in half it doesn't fold. I also have a very high arch so I'm sure I wouldn't have to many problems adjusting to those.

Glad it's on the mend. Hope it doesn't flare up as bad after your next shift.
Well, I just took it off of my foot, and it bends a little bit at the ball of the foot - so it bends when you walk. But the rest of the sole is very solid and I couldn't bend it at all. I usually buy them at Orthaheel.com, but it looks like they have discontinued the Tide and come out with TideII to replace it. Not sure how the sizes are running for the new version, but the original version - I normally wear a 9 or 9.5 in a regular shoe, but these flip flops, I have to wear an 8... So they run really big.

Quote:
That does make it hard when he's not calling you and that the reception is horrible on his phone so you can't reach him. Does he at least know how to check his voicemail so he knows you have called? (I only ask because no matter how easy I make it for my mother in law she still can't check her voicemail.) I agree he's probably having a good time and just doesn't think to call.
Yes, he does have issues listening to his voicemail too <--- As do I... I NEVER listen to my VMs... I hate doing it, because I have sooooo many in there, it takes me an hour to get to the message I need. So, I just call everyone back. Anyways.... I was able to get ahold of him yesterday and we chatted for quite some time. It was very nice.

Quote:
It is so nice to have my living room put back to normal (well kind of since we have now added baby items to it. I've also been going through my closets and dresser the last 2 days so I can put the babies clothes in the dresser. It's something I've been wanting to do for a while just didn't have the motivation until now. Yes it is getting close!! I've been having Braxton hicks contractions off and on for the last 3 weeks and starting yesterday I've been getting the real one's off and on. He'll be here before we know it. So if I disappear for a week or so don't worry to much. I'm probably just off having a baby!!
YAY!!! I'll be watching for you to disappear! Just don't be gone before then, or I"ll be posting all over thinking you had him.

Quote:
Before kids I was really big into scrap booking and enjoyed doing it. Then once I had Jeremy I found I still enjoyed it but it was just a pain to pull things out and then have to put it away. Especially once he was crawling and grabbing everything. I also did different crafts growing up but not anything I've wanted to do now.
I loved scrapbooking back in the day too... but I had the exact same issue. That, and I was too much of a perfectionist... It would take me HOURS just to do a page... Eventually - BFF and I coordinated a scrapbooking day, after which - she told me to give it up... She said she had never seen me so CRABBY ever, and I shouldn't do a hobby that made me so crabby. LOL So, I took her advice and gave it up. I am much happier now. I did keep all of my SB stuff though, and ALli uses it all the time. Which is good - at least it isn't going to waste.

Quote:
Can't wait to see how the pictures turned out!! I'm sure they turned out great since Allison took them.

Glad you figured out what you were doing and hopefully you can get back on track to losing weight and inches.
Thanks! I hope so too... Hopefully it won't be such a long and slow road now. I don't mind it being slow... I just don't want to be stalled completely. Yah know?

Great day of doing NOTHING all day. Literally. I sat in my recliner all day and did NOTHING. It was wonderful!

I am still scheduled "off" in my sewing room this week... but I do have a few projects I'd like to work on. HOpefully I can get motivated to do those.

Alli edited our family pictures yesterday... YAY! I didn't think she was going to... Most of you saw them posted on FB, but for those of you that didn't... Here they are...

Remember - any of them that Alli is in... She had to set the timer on her camera and run to be in it... LOL

I hope you enjoyed our first official family pictures since 2004:

I am very embarassed that it's been that long! Time just cruises by all too fast!

I hope each and every one of you has a fantastic day... Sending out prayers to all of you who need them.

D~
DMGeurts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:45 AM   #682
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Love the photos! The red vests and snow are icing on the cake! Happy New Year! I'm excited to be back on the boards, it's a good pick me up since I'm one of the weirdos that is so sad to see bare Christmas trees left by the curb haha -even more of a pick me up...... DCL is being canceled and we are headed back to WDW in August!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Pre -Trip Report for August 2014 (In progress)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215904

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
August 2013 Walt Disney World - Pop Century
DisMom1981 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:58 AM   #683
lovedonaldduck
DIS Veteran

The photos are awesome! Alli is quite talented. My girls better hope they don't have a knack for photography - I'd be asking them to do photo shoots all the time!

One thing I've made sure that we do is a professional family Christmas picture each year. We've done them at Disney 3 times and we've done them anywhere from September-January but I have at least one picture of the 3/4 of us each year from Peyton's first Christmas. I need to get this year's picture in a frame and have my DH put up my display of them all. We repainted the living room a couple months ago so we had to take all the decorations down, when we did the blank canvas inspired me and I finally decided what I wanted to do with the 2 built in shelves over our TV - the perfect place to display all those Christmas pictures my husband has humored me with and suffered through
Old 12-30-2013, 08:16 AM   #684
1000HappyWishes
I know every mile will be my worth my while.

Why does it always seem I discover your trip reports super late? Ah well, at least I've found it now! Excited to read another one, I enjoy your TRs. Also, glad to find more Doctor Who fans! I'm obsessed with the show, I go to a Doctor Who convention with my dad every year. Also, your daughter's photography is absolutely amazing, I wish I could be that good.

Yay Disney!

WDW: 2001, 2003, 2013
Disneyland: 2007
Universal: 2013
1000HappyWishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:35 AM   #685
cogero
DIS Veteran

love your photos and maybe look into a remote for Alli's Camera. They shouldn't be that much

This is the one I am looking into http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ss_Remote.html

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:54 AM   #686
nowellsl
my car finds out everytime I have money

Great pictures! I love the vests. the scenery is spectacular! I do love living in FL, but I would like to visit the great north sometime! It's just beautiful!
nowellsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:56 AM   #687
solana131
DIS Veteran

Yep, still love those pictures....wait....where's the "butt pic"?? I thought we had this all figured out?! Anyway, they are all great.
And the whole losing pounds/inches thing is totally overrated. What is important is how good you feel. Exercising is keeping you healthy..it doesnt matter what size pants you wear. You are doing awesome D. Such an inspiration to me in many ways

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
solana131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:18 PM   #688
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

I love all of the family pictures, they turned out great!

I'm back and all caught up, I can't wait to hear what ADRs you pick for your trip.

I got that memory stick a few weeks ago but have still not taken the time to look at it. I think it is all about how to do the FP+ system but I've already used it on my trip in October so I'm not sure I need a tutorial at this point!
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:25 PM   #689
DisneyTeacher01
Mouseketeer

Slacker! Slacker????!!! That is one word that I would NOT use to describe you!

I wish I had half of your motivation some days

~Jennifer

Happy New Year! (almost)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post51079465

2014~All Star Sports (I'm finally going back!!!)
2010~One Day only
2005~All Star Movies
2004~All Star Movies
2001~WDW College Program
1996~Off Site
DisneyTeacher01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:35 PM   #690
DisNorth
DIS Veteran

Love the family photos!!

Tags
august, bags, park bags, sewing, weight loss