Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-27-2013, 11:59 AM   #661
solana131
DIS Veteran
 
solana131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,260

Glad to see you had a great Christmas Lasagna sounds good...I think that is going on the menu planner for next week!
I love the pictures of all your stockings from all over the world - how cool is that?!

Tess, you don't know me, but just know that I have had you in my thoughts constantly through this whole thing. I am so sorry for your loss. It is never easy to lose a loved one, and right at the holiday too...but it sounds like she went peacefully and that is something to hold in your hearts. Continued thoughts going your way *hugs*
__________________
Me(Suzi) DH(Bill) DS7(Bradey)
1985,1989,1992 Offsite
Feb'12 Poly July'12 POFQ Aug'13 Poly June'14 GF



Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
solana131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 04:26 PM   #662
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran
 
Iamthequeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Just north of the Mason Dixon
Posts: 1,049

I want to thank everyone for your kind words, thoughts and prayers. We are getting through one day at a time. My sister and I are trying to make the arrangements on this end, but we don't know when they will be arriving from Hawaii yet.

Suzi, though we haven't met in person, I do feel that I know you, Mo, D~ and others through D~s trip report. I feel that we've shared so much together. We will meet one day! I think we have a girl's trip or cruise in the planning stages!
__________________
Iamthequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-27-2013, 05:32 PM   #663
Terkina
DIS Veteran
 
Terkina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nortern Norway
Posts: 1,069

I hope your day at the mall wasn't too bad with too many people and I hope you got accomplished what you wanted at the mall
__________________
Disneyland 1981, 1986, 2013
Walt Disney World 1986, 1990, 2013
Disneyland Paris 1995, 2011


My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Terkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 03:12 AM   #664
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland
 
ladylyons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Ramon, CA
Posts: 1,522

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Thanks Sandra! I loved your update in your PTR this morning. It made me smile.
Thanks!


Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I have nothing exciting to report this morning.

I worked at Target yesterday... I enjoyed catching up with my coworkers - they are all so much fun!

Unfortunately - my plantar fascitis acted up during the night... Any time I got up and put weight on my foot - shocking pain shot up my right leg. I am not sure what happened, I think it's just standing on those concrete floors at work and the combo of not being there for a few weeks, just made it all the worse. It seems to be doing better as I use it, but kind of shocking to have it happen while you are half asleep stumbling to the bathroom during the night.

We had leftover lasagna for dinner last night... Then we all kind of disbursed and did our own thing... Josh worked on the girls' Christmas gifts... Victoria is working on crocheting an infinity scarf for herself... Alli was playing with her new phone... And I went up to my sewing room. It was a nice night.

Today, the girls and I are headed out. V has come Christmas $$ burning a hole in her pocket. So, Alli is going to hang out with BFF, and V and I are going to the mall. I also have to exchange one of her gifts that is the wrong size.

I also have to do some business regarding my dad... I need to have his mail stopped... Need to shut off his cable... Need to figure out how to give his notice at his apt. and how that works with his new apt. I fear that he may have a couple of months of double rent payments in his future - which will be very bad, as he does't make that much. So, Josh and I may be kicking in some of that. Now that Christmas is over - it's time to figure all of this out - I am kind of dreading it.

I hope you all have a wonderful day... My thoughts and prayers are with all of you!

D~
Ugh about the flare up!! That's how my first flare up happened. I got out of bed and almost fell it hurt so bad. The worse part was we were also at DL!!! So I grinned and dealt with it until we got home and then went to the Dr. and found out what was going on.

Glad you had a more relaxing night it sounds like. Always nice when every one is off doing their own thing.

Good luck with all the things with your Dad. Hopefully you can get it all figured out with the less out of everyone's pocket's the better.

Hope you had a successful shopping trip. I haven't been to a store or mall since before Christmas!! So not looking forward to having to go grocery shopping this weekend (may be able to hold off until next week when most people are back at work).
__________________
Me (37) , DH (40), DS (7), DD (6), DS (4), DS (Born 1/18/14)


Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:47 AM   #665
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran
 
Wood Nymph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 5,038

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Unfortunately - my plantar fascitis acted up during the night... Any time I got up and put weight on my foot - shocking pain shot up my right leg. I am not sure what happened, I think it's just standing on those concrete floors at work and the combo of not being there for a few weeks, just made it all the worse. It seems to be doing better as I use it, but kind of shocking to have it happen while you are half asleep stumbling to the bathroom during the night.
From what I understand, the pain comes because the foot did some healing overnight and the pain means that the healed part is tearing when it stretches as you step down. Plantar fasciitis is a bear to get rid of. I still wear orthotics years after mine was cured. I don't want it to come back again.

Quote:
I also have to do some business regarding my dad... I need to have his mail stopped... Need to shut off his cable... Need to figure out how to give his notice at his apt. and how that works with his new apt. I fear that he may have a couple of months of double rent payments in his future - which will be very bad, as he does't make that much. So, Josh and I may be kicking in some of that. Now that Christmas is over - it's time to figure all of this out - I am kind of dreading it.

I hope you all have a wonderful day... My thoughts and prayers are with all of you!

D~
I hope it isn't too hard to get all your dad's business straightened out. It must be difficult when you live so far away.
__________________
~ Sue



Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:10 AM   #666
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!
 
DMGeurts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: DON'T feed the children!
Posts: 7,995

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
D it may be worth it to contact an eldercare advocate for advice. Because it is due to medical issues there may be a way around it. You could even ask the social worker at the nursing home they could point you in the right direction for advice.
Thanks Chiara! I was able to make some great contacts yesterday, unfortunately, I only had an hour to devote to calls - but according to the people I called, I am a few steps ahead of the game (rather than the "behind" I thought I was) - so I feel a little better. I hope to have more answers on Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Glad to see you had a great Christmas Lasagna sounds good...I think that is going on the menu planner for next week!
I love the pictures of all your stockings from all over the world - how cool is that?!

Tess, you don't know me, but just know that I have had you in my thoughts constantly through this whole thing. I am so sorry for your loss. It is never easy to lose a loved one, and right at the holiday too...but it sounds like she went peacefully and that is something to hold in your hearts. Continued thoughts going your way *hugs*
Hi Suzi!!! I've missed you here - I know you've been busy though. Yes, it was super cool to see the stockings being used. I hope they all continue to use them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthequeen View Post
I want to thank everyone for your kind words, thoughts and prayers. We are getting through one day at a time. My sister and I are trying to make the arrangements on this end, but we don't know when they will be arriving from Hawaii yet.

Suzi, though we haven't met in person, I do feel that I know you, Mo, D~ and others through D~s trip report. I feel that we've shared so much together. We will meet one day! I think we have a girl's trip or cruise in the planning stages!
I hope all of the arrangements go well, I know it must be hard to plan when you don't have an arrival date, but I am sure that most places deal with this quite frequently, I hope there is someone nearby that can help you plan that part of it, and work with you.

Please know that you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers, if you need anything - I am here.

I agree - I do feel like a girls trip is needed - and it would be so much FUN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina View Post
I hope your day at the mall wasn't too bad with too many people and I hope you got accomplished what you wanted at the mall
I did get a lot accomplished - a lot more than I thought I would, so that's good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Thanks!

Ugh about the flare up!! That's how my first flare up happened. I got out of bed and almost fell it hurt so bad. The worse part was we were also at DL!!! So I grinned and dealt with it until we got home and then went to the Dr. and found out what was going on.
Yah - it's a real pain. Almost the same thing happened to me... I never had problems until I started wearing Crocs - I am a firm believer that they wrecked my feet. I know that there are people who swear by them, and others who have the same issues that I have after wearing them - so it must just be a certain foot type that can't wear them. Anyways, my first issues with PF were on our 2008 trip, and I've been fighting it ever since. But this is probably the worst flare up I have ever had. I almost always have issues the first 24 hours after a Target shift, but I am going on 48 hours now, and it's not diminishing at all. Grrrr... Hopefully it starts to get better, or I will have to break out the frozen water bottle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Glad you had a more relaxing night it sounds like. Always nice when every one is off doing their own thing.
I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Good luck with all the things with your Dad. Hopefully you can get it all figured out with the less out of everyone's pocket's the better.
Thanks! I was able to get a lot figured out yesterday, and also able to get many contacts for the next steps - so I feel good about that. I also have a lot of loose ends to deal with - but I just keep telling myself, one thing at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Hope you had a successful shopping trip. I haven't been to a store or mall since before Christmas!! So not looking forward to having to go grocery shopping this weekend (may be able to hold off until next week when most people are back at work).
I did - I was surprised! Many deals to be had out there right now, and it's not all "Christmas" stuff.

************************************************** ********

I started off yesterday with calls re: my Dad... I was able to get a lot accomplished, make many new contacts to help with the next leg and I still have a few loose ends to deal with. But all in all, I feel pretty successful and the task doesn't seem as daunting as I had initially thought. Still crazy, but manageable - I hope.

I dropped Alli off at BFF's house, then V and I headed to the mall.

Our first stop was Sears to exchange V's Lands End vest for a smaller size. Josh's dad gave us all matching down vests for Christmas, because he wants a "real" family photo of us... We haven't had one done in over 10 years. Oops!

While I was there, my favorite LE shirts were on sale... They are usually $25/each (gulp) - I buy them very rarely because they are so expensive, but I LOVE them and wear them all winter long... They are perfect for layering, and great to wear on their own too - lightweight, but warm. Well, many colors were on sale for $10/each and since I was doing an online exchange, I was offered an additonal 10% off... Who could pass that up? So, I splurged and grabbed a couple of key colors. Then, I was on the clearance rack, and found 2 of them in my size for 70% off + the extra 10% off... I was a very happy girl! If anyone is interested, here's the link... Highly recommend them! Lands End shirts They also come in different neck varaitions (scoop, V and turtle).

Then, we went to Hollister and American Eagle for V... She found a couple of cute outfits... I was very impressed with her bargain shopping skills!

Next stop was lunch... Jimmy Johhs... Surprised? LOL

Then to Barnes n' Noble... V purchased a couple of books. And I found a Dr. Who book for Josh - wish I would have seen it before Christmas. Oh welll, I gave it to him yesterday anyways, because I knew he would love it!

Then, our final stop, was Michael's. V needed some yarn. She has taught herself to crochet (how awesome is that?), and she needed more yarn for the scarf she had started. Which she finished yesterday before we pulled into our driveway. LOL Then she started on a scarf for me - super excited!

Then, we stopped at BFF's house...

STOP the PRESSES!!!!

We talked about our Disney trip!!!! Can you believe it???

We figured out 2 of our ADRs! But I am not telling what they are yet, as I want to have them all decided on before I make it public. And then, as everyone knows, it's still subject to change.

So... I hope all of you have a fantastic weekend! Prayers and good thoughts to all in need.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:18 AM   #667
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!
 
DMGeurts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: DON'T feed the children!
Posts: 7,995

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
From what I understand, the pain comes because the foot did some healing overnight and the pain means that the healed part is tearing when it stretches as you step down. Plantar fasciitis is a bear to get rid of. I still wear orthotics years after mine was cured. I don't want it to come back again.


I hope it isn't too hard to get all your dad's business straightened out. It must be difficult when you live so far away.
You snuck in while I was doing my big morning reply - as you often do... LOL I don't know how often you read, but I usually include your reply in the next day's replies... but, since I have time today - I thought I would do a special post just to reply to you. HOpefully you don't miss this one.

I hate having PF - it's so annoying, and quite painful. I agree - I've been fighting with it for over 5 years, and it's such a pain. Just the smallest of things makes it flare up and hurt all over again. This is, by far, the most painful flare up I have ever had. I don't know what it is about working at Target that makes it flare up so badly? Usually, it's painful for only a day after working there, but this time the pain is much more intense and I am going on 2 days. I never wear the same shoes for more than 2 hours, while I am there... I always do a shoe change mid-shift... that offers some relief, but I have just come to the conclusion that I have crappy feet. And it's not as if I wear cheap shoes either... Sigh.

Thanks - my Dad's business seems to be coming together slowly. It kind of sucks because of the holidays, and trying to get things accomplished around everyone's schedules... but I am making headway - so that's good.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 09:38 AM   #668
Tinkercc
Mouseketeer
 
Tinkercc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 92

Hi D,

Have V check out Ravelry.com for crochet patterns. Some are for sale,however, there are a lot that are free. I go there for my knitting and crocheting patterns.They have more that you can ever imagine. If she is interested in learning how to knit Verypink.com has great tutorials. Happy New Year!!
Tinkercc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 04:31 PM   #669
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran
 
LadyBeBop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northern Kentucky, right outside Cincinnati
Posts: 1,526

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Then, our final stop, was Michael's. V needed some yarn. She has taught herself to crochet (how awesome is that?), and she needed more yarn for the scarf she had started. Which she finished yesterday before we pulled into our driveway. LOL Then she started on a scarf for me - super excited!
Glad to see V is crocheting. Such a fun hobby. I've been crocheting for over 40 years now. I'll second Ravelry for good patterns. When I was V's age (about the time I learned to crochet), patterns were few and far between. Now, you can go online and find anything you want.

While V is learning to crochet, I'm learning to sew.

Just signed up for the introductory sewing class at JoAnn's. One three hour class. I'll see what I learn from that before committing to anything else. I might try to take online courses...or Craftsy. We'll see.
__________________
Next trip: When my next grandchild turns five. Probably around the turn of the next decade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
What? 2019 or 2020? Say it ain't so!

You must "sneak in a day" next year. That's an order!
LadyBeBop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 01:01 AM   #670
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland
 
ladylyons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Ramon, CA
Posts: 1,522

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Yah - it's a real pain. Almost the same thing happened to me... I never had problems until I started wearing Crocs - I am a firm believer that they wrecked my feet. I know that there are people who swear by them, and others who have the same issues that I have after wearing them - so it must just be a certain foot type that can't wear them. Anyways, my first issues with PF were on our 2008 trip, and I've been fighting it ever since. But this is probably the worst flare up I have ever had. I almost always have issues the first 24 hours after a Target shift, but I am going on 48 hours now, and it's not diminishing at all. Grrrr... Hopefully it starts to get better, or I will have to break out the frozen water bottle.
I never wore crocs but I did wear sandals all the time. I also was told my weight probably didn't help. They also said for me to wear shoes all the time which I don't do because I hate wearing shoes especially at home. I'm still having problems finding a pair of shoes that will help keep the pain at bay (I'm very cheap when it comes to buying things for myself so I have a hard time spending $100 on a pair of tennis shoes). Thankfully I haven't had any issues since I had my last cortisone shot back in April (I've only had 2 shots total in the 4 years I've been dealing with this because I can normally get it to subside within 24 hours too. I also always have a frozen water bottle in the freezer for that just in case moment. Hope it's doing better today.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Thanks! I was able to get a lot figured out yesterday, and also able to get many contacts for the next steps - so I feel good about that. I also have a lot of loose ends to deal with - but I just keep telling myself, one thing at a time.
That's great you've gotten contacts so you can move forward. Exactly just take it one thing at a time and it'll get done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I did - I was surprised! Many deals to be had out there right now, and it's not all "Christmas" stuff.
Nice!! I'd like to go out but we're getting things ready for when the baby decides to make his appearance. Took our tree down today, started pulling baby items out of the attic and I got all the kids new toys sorted and almost all put away. Still have a few things to open but I didn't want to overwhelm them with too many new toys to play with all at once.


Great savings on the shirts!!!


Glad you got a couple places figured out!! Even though our date has come and gone I'm still changing some things around where I can.

You sure do have a very crafty family!!! Great job V!! I wish I could get into doing things like that again but right now just not much time with the kids. One day I will be able to do it all again.
__________________
Me (37) , DH (40), DS (7), DD (6), DS (4), DS (Born 1/18/14)


Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:43 AM   #671
disneychic2
DIS Veteran
 
disneychic2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 5,136

Hi D~ I finally got caught up and have a bit of time to myself to touch base. First, I'm so delighted to see those Christmas photos with the girls and your Dad. Just beautiful. And I'm glad you are little by little getting all the necessary ducks in a row and that you are so wise to be doing it a little at a time. It certainly can be overwhelming.

And my heart just broke when I read about Gwen. I read it yesterday just after praying for her and it was just so sad. It wasn't that long ago she was first diagnosed. Tess, I'm so sorry for your loss and that of Gwen's family. You all will continue to be in my prayers. I, too, feel as though I know you. I'm glad you had your kids with you during the holiday. I know that must have been such a comfort.

D~ I loved your pic of your scissors! I have most of them as well. I would like to get a pair for cutting when you layer the flannel, like the blanket you made for your nephew. I can't remember what you called them. But I did get a couple of gift cards for JoAnn's so I'll be checking them out.

Loved that the stockings you made are being used...globally! They looked so beautiful hanging in the various homes. Must make you feel good that a little piece of you is present in your loved ones homes.

Plantar F. is the absolute pits!!!! I had it for 18 months the last time and there was a Disney trip in the middle of it. Not fun! I too, have a water bottle in my freezer! I used to lay in bed when I woke up and stretched a bit before getting up. I've slacked off lately, but it's a good habit to get into. It is supposed to keep that tendon or ligament or whatever stretched enough so it won't tear. We have a shoe store here that employs foot specialists and they told me that a shoe with a small heel is better than a flat shoe. Also, they sold me a pair of insoles that absolutely rid me of the PF after 18 longs months of trying everything else known to man. I sure do hope yours doesn't linger!

Have you and the girls ever eaten at 1900 Park Fair? I have a dinner reservation for there on Charlotte's 5th birthday. It was too late to get CRT, so I thought that might be a good substitute, but I know nothing about it except the menu. We're also eating at Crystal Palace, which I know is really good for character interaction.

It's just great that you are getting some ADRs lined up for your trip! Finally, right?? Can't wait to hear all about them.

Oh, my daughter Emily and I took Charlotte to see Frozen yesterday. It was so good! We came home and listened to a lot of the songs on You Tube and Charlotte danced around. Dan watched little Caroline (age 15 mos) including changing a poo diaper. What a guy! Did you ever get to see Saving Mr. Banks? Dan and I are going there once all our kids leave. We have enjoyed having them here, all but Jennifer. She is doing pretty well with the PT, but as all of us do, wishes the progress was faster.

Prayers for all who need them and wishes for a fabulous New Year, in case I don't get back on.
__________________
disneychic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 09:06 AM   #672
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!
 
DMGeurts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: DON'T feed the children!
Posts: 7,995

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkercc View Post
Hi D,

Have V check out Ravelry.com for crochet patterns. Some are for sale,however, there are a lot that are free. I go there for my knitting and crocheting patterns.They have more that you can ever imagine. If she is interested in learning how to knit Verypink.com has great tutorials. Happy New Year!!
Thanks so much for this! I've opened both of them in new tabs and plan to check them out!

Happy New Year to you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBeBop View Post
Glad to see V is crocheting. Such a fun hobby. I've been crocheting for over 40 years now. I'll second Ravelry for good patterns. When I was V's age (about the time I learned to crochet), patterns were few and far between. Now, you can go online and find anything you want.
Hi Kathy!!! It's so great to see you! I hoe you had a wonderful Christmas! Thanks for seconding that website - I plan to check it out more today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBeBop View Post
While V is learning to crochet, I'm learning to sew.
I LOVE it! Congratulations! I cannot wait to hear how it goes... I hope you'll keep me updated! Remember to go slow - it isn't a race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBeBop View Post
Just signed up for the introductory sewing class at JoAnn's. One three hour class. I'll see what I learn from that before committing to anything else. I might try to take online courses...or Craftsy. We'll see.
You will do great - I know you will!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
I never wore crocs but I did wear sandals all the time. I also was told my weight probably didn't help. They also said for me to wear shoes all the time which I don't do because I hate wearing shoes especially at home. I'm still having problems finding a pair of shoes that will help keep the pain at bay (I'm very cheap when it comes to buying things for myself so I have a hard time spending $100 on a pair of tennis shoes). Thankfully I haven't had any issues since I had my last cortisone shot back in April (I've only had 2 shots total in the 4 years I've been dealing with this because I can normally get it to subside within 24 hours too. I also always have a frozen water bottle in the freezer for that just in case moment. Hope it's doing better today.
Thanks Sandra! Yup - I keep a water bottle in my freezer too. I wear my Orthaheel Tide flip flops around the house constantly - I cannot go barefoot, as my PF acts up immediately. So, I wake up, walk the 5 feet to my dresser, slip on my flip flops and they stay on my feet all day long. I hate that I can't wear them in the winter and at work. I did buy a pair of their inserts, but they just aren't the same as the flip flops on my feet - I dunno what it is about them? I swear, I can slip them on after a day at Target and it's amost immediate relief - most of the time. But the arch in them is SUPER high and takes a lot of getting used to - most people HATE them. But - I can usually find them at various places for less than $50.

My PF is much better now... Still a little sore when I first stand up, but getting better. Phew! About the time I am fully healed again, I'll have to work a shift at Target and I will be right back to where I was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
That's great you've gotten contacts so you can move forward. Exactly just take it one thing at a time and it'll get done.
Yes! I just wish my Dad would call me... He doesn't have a phone in his room and his reception is HORRIBLE in the nursing home. Every time I try to call him, it goes straight to his voicemail. He has to be standing by a window to get reception. Grrrr... I gave him orders the other day, to call me every day or two to let me know how he is doing - since it's hit or miss (usually always miss) when I try to call him... And, of course, he doesn't call - I sure hope it means he is having fun and he doesn't think I've abandoned him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Nice!! I'd like to go out but we're getting things ready for when the baby decides to make his appearance. Took our tree down today, started pulling baby items out of the attic and I got all the kids new toys sorted and almost all put away. Still have a few things to open but I didn't want to overwhelm them with too many new toys to play with all at once.
WTG! What a relief to have your holiday items put away... We still need to do that. Also, it must be a relief to have some of the items out for the baby... It's getting soooo close!


Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Great savings on the shirts!!!
Thanks! I was pretty excited about it!


Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Glad you got a couple places figured out!! Even though our date has come and gone I'm still changing some things around where I can.
Yah - I do that all the time too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
You sure do have a very crafty family!!! Great job V!! I wish I could get into doing things like that again but right now just not much time with the kids. One day I will be able to do it all again.
Yah - I am not sure how that happened? LOL I was never very crafty until I learned to sew... I had a lot of hobbies previously - well, I guess Josh would say I was crafty before - so maybe I was? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
Hi D~ I finally got caught up and have a bit of time to myself to touch base. First, I'm so delighted to see those Christmas photos with the girls and your Dad. Just beautiful. And I'm glad you are little by little getting all the necessary ducks in a row and that you are so wise to be doing it a little at a time. It certainly can be overwhelming.
Hi Lois! It's great to see you! I've been wondering how you've been doing and how Jennifer is doing. I've missed you!

Thank you, it has been a relief to start getting a few things ironed out. HOpefully I can continue to make progress tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
And my heart just broke when I read about Gwen. I read it yesterday just after praying for her and it was just so sad. It wasn't that long ago she was first diagnosed. Tess, I'm so sorry for your loss and that of Gwen's family. You all will continue to be in my prayers. I, too, feel as though I know you. I'm glad you had your kids with you during the holiday. I know that must have been such a comfort.
I agree with this completely, and I couldn't have said it better myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
D~ I loved your pic of your scissors! I have most of them as well. I would like to get a pair for cutting when you layer the flannel, like the blanket you made for your nephew. I can't remember what you called them. But I did get a couple of gift cards for JoAnn's so I'll be checking them out.
Hahaha thanks! I believe it's called a "chenielle cutter"... And if you make a lot of blankets like that - I think it would be $$ VERY well spent. If I ever have to make another blanket - I plan to buy one. Which will insure many blankets after that. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
Loved that the stockings you made are being used...globally! They looked so beautiful hanging in the various homes. Must make you feel good that a little piece of you is present in your loved ones homes.
Yes, it was really cool! I was very happy that some of them sent pictures. And even better, it connected us, even though we were all so far apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
Plantar F. is the absolute pits!!!! I had it for 18 months the last time and there was a Disney trip in the middle of it. Not fun! I too, have a water bottle in my freezer! I used to lay in bed when I woke up and stretched a bit before getting up. I've slacked off lately, but it's a good habit to get into. It is supposed to keep that tendon or ligament or whatever stretched enough so it won't tear. We have a shoe store here that employs foot specialists and they told me that a shoe with a small heel is better than a flat shoe. Also, they sold me a pair of insoles that absolutely rid me of the PF after 18 longs months of trying everything else known to man. I sure do hope yours doesn't linger!
Hmmm... I would be SUPER interested to know the name of those inserts... I am about ready to cut my feet off... Ok, not really, but this is getting so annoying week after week. Just when I get it "healed", I have to work a shift at Target and it comes right back. I honestly don't believe that the little I work there is worth the pain I have to go through after, but I love my Target pals...

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
Have you and the girls ever eaten at 1900 Park Fair? I have a dinner reservation for there on Charlotte's 5th birthday. It was too late to get CRT, so I thought that might be a good substitute, but I know nothing about it except the menu. We're also eating at Crystal Palace, which I know is really good for character interaction.
We did have dinner there on our last trip... It was fun! Not sure it's earned "must-do" status... but it's definately a "do again" status. I think that Akershus or 1900PF is a good substitute to CRT, and I think you will enjoy it. And, CP is always a Must Do for us, so you can't go wrong there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
It's just great that you are getting some ADRs lined up for your trip! Finally, right?? Can't wait to hear all about them.
Yes, finally... It's been a crazy few months for BFF, hopefully things are settling down a little for her, and we can get to some serious planning. I am still a bit jealous that she is very nearly paid off... I still have SO FAR to go, and this time, I am just not sure I will make it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
Oh, my daughter Emily and I took Charlotte to see Frozen yesterday. It was so good! We came home and listened to a lot of the songs on You Tube and Charlotte danced around. Dan watched little Caroline (age 15 mos) including changing a poo diaper. What a guy! Did you ever get to see Saving Mr. Banks? Dan and I are going there once all our kids leave. We have enjoyed having them here, all but Jennifer. She is doing pretty well with the PT, but as all of us do, wishes the progress was faster.

Prayers for all who need them and wishes for a fabulous New Year, in case I don't get back on.
I am so glad you got to see Frozen... We have not seen it yet, and I am not sure we will this weekend? I really want to though. I will talk to the family to see if it's something they'd like to do today - it's kind of a crappy and VERY cold day here, so it's definatly an option. We have not seen Saving Mr. Banks yet either... Soon, I hope.

I am so happy to hear that Jennifer is doing well with her PT... I know she wishes her progress to be faster, but she has overcome SOOOO much already - I hope she doesn't push herself.

I wish you a Happy New Year too! Take care Lois and thanks for checking in. As always, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

************************************************** ********

Yesterday was a nice, slow & relaxing day here...

Allison took us out for a WHOLE family photoshoot! The pictures (most of them) turned out great, and we had FANTASTIC 50deg weather yesterday - which NEVER happens here this time of year. Alli has not edited the photos yet - so I cannot post them. She told me that she plans to edit them today. HOpefully I will be able to post a few tomorrow.

We had chicken tacos for dinner last night - which were SUPER good. I just threw a bunch of chicken breasts in the crock pot and let them cook all day - easy peasy.

And then we hung out in the livingroom last night, being lazy and watching TV.

************************************************** ********

**** Warning: Weight loss ramblings ahead...

Yesterday morning, I finally weighed myself... Yah... Sigh... I hadn't weighed myself since March. I had no clue what to expect... but I didn't expect that number.

I didn't weigh myself because I wanted to see my loss... It was strictly a "fact finding" mission.

Another story...

I had a goal of getting into a certain pair of capris last summer... I was hoping it would happen before our trip, I was SUPER close, but nope... Then I tried them on again at the beginning of Oct (right before I started my heavy lifting)... I was STILL super close, but still a no-go. OK... I told myself I would pack them away for a few months and try them on MUCH later.

Yesterday, I tried them on again... And yup... They were just as tight as they were last summer... maybe a *smidge* looser, but not a lot. Sigh.

What in the world is going on?

I've been working so hard!

I have been religious about eating within my calculations since the beginning of October. No, I haven't been journaling... but I rotate through the same few favorite things every day - it's pretty cut and dried. For the fun of it, yesterday, I entered a few *sample* days into my MFP journal... Yup - exactly where I thought I was.

Hmmm... So, what is going on? Why am I not losing inches? Super frustrated here.

Time to dig deeper to figure out the problem.

Guess what...

Seriously...

I mis-calculated!

WHAT!!!

Yup...

For the last 3 months, a STUPID miscalculation on my part, and I have been eating almost 600 calories above what I should be. Now remember... I am NOT trying to lose via a conventional starvation method (ie: 1200 cal/day)... I am following a less traditional, but tried and true method of "Eat More 2 Weigh Less"... Google it, if you are interested. So, the fact that I was eating +600 calories per day is totally believeable and possible with out being outside the "norm" for this method.

GULP!

OK - all is not lost...

I've learned a few things in the process...

I now know that I can eat 600+ calories above what I am supposed to, and maintain perfectly. I also know that I can survive and be happy on that amount of food.

Then...

I made a bunch of tweeks to my food journal... Simple things... Smaller breakfast - same food, just smaller portion. Smaller snacks... Trade out the protein that I normally like to eat for lunch and insert something that's lower calories/higher protein...

And VIOLA... -600 calories/day.

So, starting today... I should be back on track.

How could I make such a stupid error? Not a clue... I have NO idea what I was thinking?

For the time being... I am back to journaling (UGH!)... Hopefully not for long though - I truly HATE it! But I really hope that I won't be stalled anymore.

Wish me luck everyone...

Oh, and if you are interested... I've lost 22lbs since March... but I've lost several inches all over... So, it's still progress... Just really slow/stalled progress. BUt the right direction.

************************************************** ********

OK... Thanks for letting me ramble.

I hope each of you has a fantastic day!

Sending out prayers and good thoughts and big (((Hugs))) to everyone!

D~

Last edited by DMGeurts; 12-29-2013 at 09:14 AM.
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 09:11 AM   #673
Nurse_Mommy4
DIS Veteran
 
Nurse_Mommy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WI
Posts: 892

Good Morning D!

I just wanted to pop in and tell you that even though I haven't been commenting I am reading along.

Congrats on the progress with BFF! It feels good for planners like us to at least get "some" adr's nailed down.

Speaking of Adr's....I had a family meeting yesterday with the extended family and friends that are travelling with us next summer.

Let's just say this trip will be interesting.........

We did manage (with alot of discussion) to nail down a few Adr's to eat together. Thank goodness we are not trying to coordinate the entire two weeks!

Have a great rest of your weekend!
__________________
Tasha , and the gang DD21 , DS19 , DD16 , DS10
Nurse_Mommy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 09:16 AM   #674
Nurse_Mommy4
DIS Veteran
 
Nurse_Mommy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WI
Posts: 892

I think we were posting at the same time!

Congrats on the weight loss and inches D. I know you want faster results (so do I) but hey we didn't put it all on in one day.....

I am still super proud of all your hard work and dedication! We will reach our goals!
__________________
Tasha , and the gang DD21 , DS19 , DD16 , DS10
Nurse_Mommy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 09:20 AM   #675
cogero
DIS Veteran
 
cogero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Queens NY
Posts: 4,528

D you are doing great.

I am fan of Calorie Confusion. I also eat the same amount pretty much every day. I am obsessive and have to journal to stay on track.

You are such an inspiration.
__________________
Chiara
DVC Member since 7/08 Cast Chiara , Gerard , Chiara Michelle (12), Jimmy (6) Sami (6/5/13)

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
august, bags, park bags, sewing, weight loss



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright ゥ 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: