Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #646
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

As you know I don't do FB Please pass on my condolences to Tess and her family D' I am very sorry for their loss Ruthie

Luvchefmic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 02:43 PM   #647
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

From our family to yours!

I know I am far behind on your report; however, you are always in my prayers. Continued prayers for your Dad.

I am sorry for your friends loss.
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-25-2013, 08:20 PM   #648
cogero
DIS Veteran

Life has been insane this week. I am thrilled the holidays are over. We had some major drama here involving my brother and mom but thankfully the day was nice.

I need to get the photos from my camera to share. But my favorite moment was Jimmy opening his presents.

Prayers to all that need them.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #649
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran

I haven't been on much lately - work, family, and Christmas made for some long, busy days. Also, the news on Gwen was not good and I did not want to put a damper on anyone's celebrations.

We found out on Tuesday that Gwen had slipped into a coma and the end was near. I talked to my brother on Christmas Eve night. He was barely holding on, so I was happy that he had Mike there with him. She slipped away about 11:55 pm on Christmas Eve. Mike said it was peaceful. Currently they are planning on having a service in Hawaii and then bringing Gwen back home for a service and to be laid to rest near other family members here in PA. My sister and I will be making arrangements on this end, but we don't currently have any other information. I want to thank everyone for your thoughts and prayers. My brother said they could feel the love and care surround them during the last few weeks.

On the other hand, all my children were home and in one place for Christmas. That doesn't happen often with them living in other areas, so I cherish these days. I have pictures that I will download later and add a few to my trip report.

Please hold your family and friends close and give them a big hug.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:07 PM   #650
KatMark
DIS Veteran

It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas Eve and the girls got a lot of what they wanted.

Can't wait to hear all about the USB when you plug it into your computer.

Hope you had a great day today.
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 05:51 AM   #651
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina View Post
Sounds like both your girls and you got what you wanted for Christmas. That's great

I got a lot of presents from my parents. I didn't expect that many. I have told them I wanted a eBosser (a machine that can cut out shapes and letters using metallic shapes that you buy). I know this machine is very expensive here in Norway so I ddin't expect other gifts than that. So when I got a lot of presents I thought oh well then I didn't get the eBosser for Christmas. But after opening almost all the presents from my parents (4 presents) I got the big present I was hoping for and after opening that one I even got a couple of more presents. I just can't belive we (my siblings and I) got so expensive gifts. My parents always buy gifts for the same amount of money to us.
So now I'm one happy girl.

Today everyone are going to my grandmothers house to eat reindeer. That's the best dinner the whole Christmas. I know it may sound weird to you, but it is really good. When we were in the USA earlier this year we told some people that we eat reindeer in Norway and most people were shocked. One man said well I guess that's similar to deer that Americans eat.
Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas too Lillian! And that sounds like a wonderful gift - I hope you have lots of fun with it!

I told the girls about your "reindeer meal" and both of them said "eeew"... but then I reminded them that other cultures and traditions are different, and besides eating deer is very common here (we don't eat it, but know many who do)... After that, they were OK with it. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post
As you know I don't do FB Please pass on my condolences to Tess and her family D' I am very sorry for their loss Ruthie
Thank you Ruthie, I just sent her a message for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post

From our family to yours!

I know I am far behind on your report; however, you are always in my prayers. Continued prayers for your Dad.

I am sorry for your friends loss.
Thank you Judy. I hope that you and your family had a wonderful Christmas, and I hope that all of you are feeling better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
Life has been insane this week. I am thrilled the holidays are over. We had some major drama here involving my brother and mom but thankfully the day was nice.

I need to get the photos from my camera to share. But my favorite moment was Jimmy opening his presents.

Prayers to all that need them.
So sorry about the drama Chiara, I hope that everything is resolved and back to normal.

Can't wait to see photos... I saw that you posted the video of Jimmy on FB yesterday, but I was on my phone and couldn't watch it... I will go back this morning and look for it... I bet is was a wonderful moment! I cannot wait to see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthequeen View Post
I haven't been on much lately - work, family, and Christmas made for some long, busy days. Also, the news on Gwen was not good and I did not want to put a damper on anyone's celebrations.

We found out on Tuesday that Gwen had slipped into a coma and the end was near. I talked to my brother on Christmas Eve night. He was barely holding on, so I was happy that he had Mike there with him. She slipped away about 11:55 pm on Christmas Eve. Mike said it was peaceful. Currently they are planning on having a service in Hawaii and then bringing Gwen back home for a service and to be laid to rest near other family members here in PA. My sister and I will be making arrangements on this end, but we don't currently have any other information. I want to thank everyone for your thoughts and prayers. My brother said they could feel the love and care surround them during the last few weeks.

On the other hand, all my children were home and in one place for Christmas. That doesn't happen often with them living in other areas, so I cherish these days. I have pictures that I will download later and add a few to my trip report.

Please hold your family and friends close and give them a big hug.
I know that I already stopped by your PTR, but I just wanted you to know that we are all here for you Tess... I pray for comfort and peace for you all during this time.

I am happy to hear that you were surrounded by your family this Christmas... I looked at your album on FB last night, it was very nice. So, which of those stockings are the ones you made this year? I was squinting, but I couldn't tell.

(((Hugs))) to you my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas Eve and the girls got a lot of what they wanted.

Can't wait to hear all about the USB when you plug it into your computer.

Hope you had a great day today.
We did... Thanks Kathy! Me too! I will look at it tomorrow... I have to work at Target today. It's gonna be crazy!

We had a wonderful Christmas here with just us. It was soooo nice, after not being home at all last week, it felt good just to sit here and do nothing.

Josh and I were up first (that's NEVER happened)... I told the girls on Christmas Eve that they weren't allowed to come down before 7:15am... I didn't think they'd listen - I was just joking. LOL So, Josh and I opened our stockings and had our morning coffee. Alli stumbled down first and V was about an hour behind her.

We all had fun pulling all the great items out of our stockings... I don't like to list everything that we received, because I don't want to feel like we are bragging... So, let's just say - we all had a great Christmas.

We were able to Skype Brian/Myrthe/Thomas... Thomas is getting so BIG and SOOOO CUTE!!! He is just a mini of both of them, and adorable.

Everyone loved their stockings... I have a couple pictures from around the world... It was so cool to see everyone using them and loving them.

Brian/Myrthe/Thomas' in The Netherlands:

Josh's Dad and Step-mom in Tenessee:

We had a nice "lunch" of grazing on lots of appetizers... Not good for my gut at all - because I did take advantage and graze all afternoon long.

Josh received Monsters U in his stocking (he is the only one of us who didn't get to see it in the theatre), so we watched that yesterday afternoon... I fell asleep in my recliner, no surprise there. LOL

Josh made a nice ham dinner for Christmas dinner last night. I made home made scalloped potatoes. It was delicious.

Josh and the girls watched Dr. Who all evening, and since I am not really a DW fan, I took the opportunity to go up to my sewing room and bust out a little creativeness... Under the disguise of "testing out my new scissors from Josh"... They worked very well. I am a dork, and I posted a photo on FB last night... I didn't realize I had so many scissors. The bottom 3 are new to me, and are for my embroidery machine.

So, all in all, we had a WONDERFUL Christmas!

I did talk to my dad last night... He is doing very well. My brother and his foster family went up to the nursing home to visit him yesterday. My dad is "independant" now, and is free to roam around the nursing home with out assisitance. He is still using a walker though, but he is progressing leaps and bounds, and I forsee his stay in the nursing home portion to be relatively short.

I work at Target today... It should be crazy busy - I hope! Then it will be back to the slowness that I hate. Sigh.

I hope each of you had a wonderful holiday surrounded by family and friends. Thinking of all of you, and my thoughts and prayers are with those in need.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:51 AM   #652
KatMark
DIS Veteran

What a wonderful Christmas.

I hate those slow times at work, but I've not been too fond of how busy we've been lately...insane. I can't wait for January.

Have a great day!
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 07:35 AM   #653
cogero
DIS Veteran

Hope you have a wonderful day at Target.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:44 AM   #654
Terkina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I told the girls about your "reindeer meal" and both of them said "eeew"... but then I reminded them that other cultures and traditions are different, and besides eating deer is very common here (we don't eat it, but know many who do)... After that, they were OK with it. LOL
LOL How cute

I can't belive you have to work today. Hope your day at Target goes better than you think.

Here everything is closed from 1pm on Christmas Eve (24.dec) until tomorrow 27.dec. Tomorrow is called the big change day (I really don't have a clue what you would call it in english). It's called that because it's the day "everyone" goes to the stores to change some of the Christmas present they got. for example if you got some clothes in the wrong size you can go to the store and change the clothes to the right size. Or if you got more than one of the same item you can go to the store and exchange it for something else. The stores doesn't have to give this service by law but most stores allows it as an extra service after Christmas.

Sounds like you had a nice celebration at home. How nice of the girls to not come down stairs until the time you told they could. I bet you and Josh got a nice little time by yourself

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Terkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 08:47 AM   #655
Clio
Mouseketeer

I'm glad you had a good Christmas. You hope your day at Target goes fast. I work a midshift today. We should be busy, too. I would like it so slow down just enough to finish the projects I start and maybe clean up the mess.
Liz
Clio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 02:37 PM   #656
Texan
No extra charge for the Tag Fairy entertainment! :)

Hey D - just checking in - so glad you and your family had a wonderful Christmas; and thank you for the kind words; it was so different this year just being at home with my guys and not being with my parents; but I am blessed to have a wonderful DH and two beautiful DS's. It was a quiet, peaceful Christmas. We also received our Incredible package from WDW for our short weekend trip in February. I did not see a USB in my package!?! I will have to go look again. I liked the magnet they sent. I have to get on the Disney Destinations website and book our FP and Magic Bands. Just very behind. I had to work quite a bit this week. Hope Target was okay for you. Loved the pics of the stockings you made!!!

I am passing on my condolences to Iamthequeen. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I know it is hard.

Have a wonderful rest of the week D! Take care of yourself.
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = '02/04/2005 11:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=purple>Been too long, much too long </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Finally!!!!!!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:24 PM   #657
Sweetly
Mouseketeer

Work consumed me these last few weeks. I am so glad your dad is doing well. He looks so happy. Continued prayers for him and you.

Thoughts and prayers for Tess and her family during this time.

Glad everyone had a nice Christmas. Christmas was beautiful here. We have a new baby in the family and it was a joy just watching her take it all in. (Wish i knew how to post a photo of her) It was also a special time with family as my nephew will be leaving us for his deployment very soon.

I case I do not get back on here anytime soon I want to wish everyone a Safe and Blessed New Year. Thoughts and prayers to all.
Sweetly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:02 PM   #658
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Thank you Sandra! The same to you and the rest of your family!
Thank you!

Happy you guys had such a great Christmas. Glad to hear your dad is doing well. The stockings all look great hanging in their new homes.

Prayers for everyone that needs them especially iamqueen and her family during this time.

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 05:45 AM   #659
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
What a wonderful Christmas.

I hate those slow times at work, but I've not been too fond of how busy we've been lately...insane. I can't wait for January.

Have a great day!
Thanks Kathy! We were very busy yesterday, so that was good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
Hope you have a wonderful day at Target.
Thanks! It was as wonderful as it ever gets. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina View Post
LOL How cute

I can't belive you have to work today. Hope your day at Target goes better than you think.

Here everything is closed from 1pm on Christmas Eve (24.dec) until tomorrow 27.dec. Tomorrow is called the big change day (I really don't have a clue what you would call it in english). It's called that because it's the day "everyone" goes to the stores to change some of the Christmas present they got. for example if you got some clothes in the wrong size you can go to the store and change the clothes to the right size. Or if you got more than one of the same item you can go to the store and exchange it for something else. The stores doesn't have to give this service by law but most stores allows it as an extra service after Christmas.

Sounds like you had a nice celebration at home. How nice of the girls to not come down stairs until the time you told they could. I bet you and Josh got a nice little time by yourself
LOL... Thanks Lillian! We just call it exchanging... It's not really a "day", but probably more like several weeks after Christmas. I would say that the majority of it occurs the first few days following Christmas though. I will be one of them today, as V has a gift that needs to be exchanged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clio View Post
I'm glad you had a good Christmas. You hope your day at Target goes fast. I work a midshift today. We should be busy, too. I would like it so slow down just enough to finish the projects I start and maybe clean up the mess.
Liz
THanks - it did go pretty fast... We had a lot of people scheduled in electronics... So I had lots of socializing to catch up on. I do love my coworkers - which is a major reason I continue to go back week after week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan View Post
Hey D - just checking in - so glad you and your family had a wonderful Christmas; and thank you for the kind words; it was so different this year just being at home with my guys and not being with my parents; but I am blessed to have a wonderful DH and two beautiful DS's. It was a quiet, peaceful Christmas. We also received our Incredible package from WDW for our short weekend trip in February. I did not see a USB in my package!?! I will have to go look again. I liked the magnet they sent. I have to get on the Disney Destinations website and book our FP and Magic Bands. Just very behind. I had to work quite a bit this week. Hope Target was okay for you. Loved the pics of the stockings you made!!!

I am passing on my condolences to Iamthequeen. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I know it is hard.

Have a wonderful rest of the week D! Take care of yourself.
Thanks so much! I am so happy you had a wonderful Christmas, despite it being different, I am sure it is still so memorable with the people you had with you. That is so important!

I would double check your package... The USB is round and has a Mickey head on it.

I hope you have a wonderful week, as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetly View Post
Work consumed me these last few weeks. I am so glad your dad is doing well. He looks so happy. Continued prayers for him and you.

Thoughts and prayers for Tess and her family during this time.

Glad everyone had a nice Christmas. Christmas was beautiful here. We have a new baby in the family and it was a joy just watching her take it all in. (Wish i knew how to post a photo of her) It was also a special time with family as my nephew will be leaving us for his deployment very soon.

I case I do not get back on here anytime soon I want to wish everyone a Safe and Blessed New Year. Thoughts and prayers to all.
I know how you feel Lynee... My last few weeks were crazy too. Kind of glad it's over - but now the winter hum-drums settle in... I told DH last night that I will only be able to handle a few more winters here. He asked me where we would go? No worries... I have a FEW ideas... Most of them located in central Florida.

Congrats on the new baby... It's so wonderful seeing Christmas through their eyes!

Safe wishes to your nephew being deployed. Do you know where he is going?

I hope you have a wonderful New Year too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Thank you!

Happy you guys had such a great Christmas. Glad to hear your dad is doing well. The stockings all look great hanging in their new homes.

Prayers for everyone that needs them especially iamqueen and her family during this time.
Thanks Sandra! I loved your update in your PTR this morning. It made me smile.

I have nothing exciting to report this morning.

I worked at Target yesterday... I enjoyed catching up with my coworkers - they are all so much fun!

Unfortunately - my plantar fascitis acted up during the night... Any time I got up and put weight on my foot - shocking pain shot up my right leg. I am not sure what happened, I think it's just standing on those concrete floors at work and the combo of not being there for a few weeks, just made it all the worse. It seems to be doing better as I use it, but kind of shocking to have it happen while you are half asleep stumbling to the bathroom during the night.

We had leftover lasagna for dinner last night... Then we all kind of disbursed and did our own thing... Josh worked on the girls' Christmas gifts... Victoria is working on crocheting an infinity scarf for herself... Alli was playing with her new phone... And I went up to my sewing room. It was a nice night.

Today, the girls and I are headed out. V has come Christmas $$ burning a hole in her pocket. So, Alli is going to hang out with BFF, and V and I are going to the mall. I also have to exchange one of her gifts that is the wrong size.

I also have to do some business regarding my dad... I need to have his mail stopped... Need to shut off his cable... Need to figure out how to give his notice at his apt. and how that works with his new apt. I fear that he may have a couple of months of double rent payments in his future - which will be very bad, as he does't make that much. So, Josh and I may be kicking in some of that. Now that Christmas is over - it's time to figure all of this out - I am kind of dreading it.

I hope you all have a wonderful day... My thoughts and prayers are with all of you!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 07:28 AM   #660
cogero
DIS Veteran

D it may be worth it to contact an eldercare advocate for advice. Because it is due to medical issues there may be a way around it. You could even ask the social worker at the nursing home they could point you in the right direction for advice.

Tags
august, bags, park bags, sewing, weight loss

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: