Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2013, 07:30 AM   #631
nowellsl
my car finds out everytime I have money

Your Dad looks very happy, that's good to see! Enjoy your time with your family!
nowellsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:45 AM   #632
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Just a quick drive by to say I'm really glad everything worked out so well with your Dad!

Love the Flower bag, if it had been an auction bag, it would have been mine!

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas! We have a visitor that "followed" me home from the shelter I volunteer at. Odds are he's not going to be just a vistor for long. I'm going to post more about that in my TR in a few minutes.
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-23-2013, 10:04 AM   #633
Clio
Mouseketeer

I'm glad your dad is settled into his new home. he looks happy in the pictures.
The tv room look very similar to the place my mom was in. the only difference being that her nursing home was about 10 minutes from my house.
I hope your has a great Christmas with your family.
We're going to mom's. I spend yesterday cleaning her house. My family's Christmas meal is kind of a coop. We each bring part of the meal. My brothers are bringing roast beef and ham. My daughter decided to make stuffing, so somehow I ended up having to also bring a turkey breast. My sister and family are a Disney World this year.
I hope everyone here has a happy holiday.
Liz
Clio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:09 AM   #634
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran

I've been so busy, I haven't had time to visit. Your Dad seems to be enjoying his new digs immensely. He looks happy. And I agree with Mo, he is adorable.

Love the Flower bag - but then I haven't seen one of your bags that I didn't love. Wish I had the money to buy them all!

I finally finished sewing the binding on Kate's quilt last night - I forgot to get a picture before I put in the box and wrapped it, so I will have to wait until Christmas morning to get one.

I also made purses for my 2 dils. I have 2 more cut out, but don't have time to get them finished for my 2 girls, so they will have to wait until later.

I also made 2 stockings - 2 of my kids have taken their stockings to their new homes - which is fine with me - so they needed new ones for my house. I also did not get pictures of them, but they are hanging on the mantle, so I can take a picture tonight.

We are having lasagna for Christmas Eve dinner too. This is usually my "big" dinner, since the kids are usually at their Dad's for dinner on Christmas day. I usually have ham and all the "stuff" that goes with it, but since I have to work on Christmas Eve this year (first time in years!) I won't have time to make a big dinner.

I don't have an update on Gwen today. I know that the home health aide was there on Friday and Gwen's sister Bert and her husband Jack are there to help out, as well as my nephew Mike and of course, Jim. It seems that Gwen's body is adjusting to the chemo so it is getting a bit better for her. Jim and Mike are going to meet with the oncologist today or tomorrow, so will have a better idea of what to expect.

Kat is in Florida visiting her mother's family for Christmas. She seems to be doing well.

Hugs and prayers for everyone that needs them.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:05 AM   #635
Terkina
DIS Veteran

The "memory board" your girls decorated is really nice. I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas. Here in Norway we celebrate Christmas Eve with opening all our Christmas gifts after Christmas dinner in the evening.

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Terkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 12:01 PM   #636
Texan
No extra charge for the Tag Fairy entertainment! :)

D - we did not have Internet connection ALL WEEKEND in our house - the boys were going crazy - and I could not wait to get settled in at work at get your updates - but, now I am crying at work - your pictures of your Dad looking so happy after being so ill just hit me hard - and this my first Christmas without my Dad - so, the lump in my throat just spilled out - what blessings you have received from our Lord to get your Dad in such a beautiful, caring place; the pics of your girls are priceless, your Dad will have such a smile every time he looks at them, and the memory board! I know you are so relieved D - it is so hard when we have to be the parent to our parent and make all these difficult decisions; I have been through all of this and more this year; I am just so overjoyed when prayers are answered for such a beautiful person like you; and Josh going out and buying your Dad clothes, how awesome is that! I am wishing you and your family a relaxing, de-stressing, beautiful, blessed CHRISTMAS; many hugs sent your way
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = '02/04/2005 11:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=purple>Been too long, much too long </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Finally!!!!!!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:20 AM   #637
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowellsl View Post
Your Dad looks very happy, that's good to see! Enjoy your time with your family!
Thank you Stephanie! I hope you have a wonderful time with your family, as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Just a quick drive by to say I'm really glad everything worked out so well with your Dad!

Love the Flower bag, if it had been an auction bag, it would have been mine!

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas! We have a visitor that "followed" me home from the shelter I volunteer at. Odds are he's not going to be just a vistor for long. I'm going to post more about that in my TR in a few minutes.
Thank you Ariana! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas too! And I loved your update about your potential new family member... What a wonderful Christmas gift!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clio View Post
I'm glad your dad is settled into his new home. he looks happy in the pictures.
The tv room look very similar to the place my mom was in. the only difference being that her nursing home was about 10 minutes from my house.
I hope your has a great Christmas with your family.
We're going to mom's. I spend yesterday cleaning her house. My family's Christmas meal is kind of a coop. We each bring part of the meal. My brothers are bringing roast beef and ham. My daughter decided to make stuffing, so somehow I ended up having to also bring a turkey breast. My sister and family are a Disney World this year.
I hope everyone here has a happy holiday.
Liz
Thank you Liz! I hope you have a wonderful holiday, and a Merry Christmas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthequeen View Post
I've been so busy, I haven't had time to visit. Your Dad seems to be enjoying his new digs immensely. He looks happy. And I agree with Mo, he is adorable.

Love the Flower bag - but then I haven't seen one of your bags that I didn't love. Wish I had the money to buy them all!

I finally finished sewing the binding on Kate's quilt last night - I forgot to get a picture before I put in the box and wrapped it, so I will have to wait until Christmas morning to get one.

I also made purses for my 2 dils. I have 2 more cut out, but don't have time to get them finished for my 2 girls, so they will have to wait until later.

I also made 2 stockings - 2 of my kids have taken their stockings to their new homes - which is fine with me - so they needed new ones for my house. I also did not get pictures of them, but they are hanging on the mantle, so I can take a picture tonight.

We are having lasagna for Christmas Eve dinner too. This is usually my "big" dinner, since the kids are usually at their Dad's for dinner on Christmas day. I usually have ham and all the "stuff" that goes with it, but since I have to work on Christmas Eve this year (first time in years!) I won't have time to make a big dinner.

I don't have an update on Gwen today. I know that the home health aide was there on Friday and Gwen's sister Bert and her husband Jack are there to help out, as well as my nephew Mike and of course, Jim. It seems that Gwen's body is adjusting to the chemo so it is getting a bit better for her. Jim and Mike are going to meet with the oncologist today or tomorrow, so will have a better idea of what to expect.

Kat is in Florida visiting her mother's family for Christmas. She seems to be doing well.

Hugs and prayers for everyone that needs them.
Thanks Tess... WOW - things have been CRAZY at your house! Glad you are finished with the quilt - I am SURE she will love it!!! I cannot wait to see pictures of everything you made!

I sure hope that everything is going well with Gwen - I cannot imagine how hard this must be on your entire family.

It sounds like Kat is doing fantastic though - what a wonderful blessing!

I hope you have a wonderful holiday! My thoughts and prayers continue for Gwen and Kat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina View Post
The "memory board" your girls decorated is really nice. I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas. Here in Norway we celebrate Christmas Eve with opening all our Christmas gifts after Christmas dinner in the evening.
Thanks Lillian!

We do the same thing here, but we only do our gifts from/to family... Any extended family gifts we open on Christmas Day... And, of course, Santa comes during the night tonight.

Merry Christmas to you Lillian! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan View Post
D - we did not have Internet connection ALL WEEKEND in our house - the boys were going crazy - and I could not wait to get settled in at work at get your updates - but, now I am crying at work - your pictures of your Dad looking so happy after being so ill just hit me hard - and this my first Christmas without my Dad - so, the lump in my throat just spilled out - what blessings you have received from our Lord to get your Dad in such a beautiful, caring place; the pics of your girls are priceless, your Dad will have such a smile every time he looks at them, and the memory board! I know you are so relieved D - it is so hard when we have to be the parent to our parent and make all these difficult decisions; I have been through all of this and more this year; I am just so overjoyed when prayers are answered for such a beautiful person like you; and Josh going out and buying your Dad clothes, how awesome is that! I am wishing you and your family a relaxing, de-stressing, beautiful, blessed CHRISTMAS; many hugs sent your way
I am so very sorry for your loss. I wish I could do something to make this Christmas easier on you and your family. All I know is that time does help... We buried my mom 22 years ago today, and for many, many years after, Christmas was a sad and stinging holiday... But eventually, I was able to find the joy in it again. Please know that you are on my mind today, and I pray you are able to find some magic in the holiday this year. I wish you a very Merry Christmas.

I did not do much of anything yesterday... It was just nice to BE HOME.

Victoria and I went to town - she decided to buy a couple of last minute gifts for Josh... Then I decided that I wanted to do an appetizer tray for us on Christmas Day - so I purchased some Brie and some cream cheese to go with the jellies I'd purchased this fall at Cranfest. I also purchased some veggies and dill dip. Then, of course, the velveeta/hormel chili beans crock pot dip (which I probably won't eat... Eek)... So, nothing special - just stuff to munch on while Josh is making the ham tomorrow.

Then V and I came home and all 3 of us spent an hour cleaning the house... It feels good to have it nice for Christmas.

Then we turned on Santa Clause 2... I napped through the entire thing.

I received a wonderful package from Mo... Which - MM thought was HIS... I had to rescue Donald's behind from MM's mouth more than once... This gift totally made my day - I have THE most wonderful Dis friends ever, and at the end of a crazy week, it was just perfect! Thank you Mo for thinking of me and brightening my day!

I made sloppy joes for dinner last night, and then my neighbor came over to visit... we just chatted... It was no nice just to enjoy her company. She is coming over this morning for coffee too... I am so very fortunate to have such good friends in my life.

I was in bed sound asleep by 8pm - which isn't unusual for me... but WOW did I have some CRAZY REM sleep last night... Just seriously crazy and almost freaky. I woke several times during the night with the craziest dreams. Each one worse than the last! I don't know if it was such a deep sleep and being able to sleep in my own bed after not sleeping well over the last week, or what? Maybe my body needed to catch up on it's dreaming? But it was certainly wild!

Josh is working today, and I will be moving my weights back into the office (FINALLY)... Then I have a lasagna to assemble this afternoon. We will open gifts from us to us tonight... Then Santa will come during the night. We will open extended family gifts tomorrow, and hopefully we will get to Skype Brian/Myrthe/Thomas too. I am very excited, because of the time difference, they should be opening their stockings at some point today- I hope they like them!

Anyways... To each and every one of you - even if you only ever read here... please know that you are all a very important part of my life and my days... I wish each and every one of you a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and...

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:25 AM   #638
KatMark
DIS Veteran

D, so glad that your Dad is enjoying his new place. I love the memory board.

I know I won't get back here, so to you, my friend, and all of your family, a very

Old 12-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #639
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas to you all !

and for all needing a lift of spirits, an inspiration of hope, dealing with losses and just plain hurting Here is a story behind the photo below: http://lorigomezart.com/LifesizeNativityPhotos.html

Old 12-24-2013, 01:10 PM   #640
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

Just wanted to stop by & wish you and the family a wonderful, blessed Christmas D~ ! And to all your wonderful Disboard followers, Merry Christmas everyone!

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Deesknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 08:22 PM   #641
DisneyTeacher01
Mouseketeer

Merry Christmas D~ to you and your family! I hope you have a wonderful holiday

~Jennifer

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post51079465

2014~All Star Sports (I'm finally going back!!!)
2010~One Day only
2005~All Star Movies
2004~All Star Movies
2001~WDW College Program
1996~Off Site
DisneyTeacher01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 12:38 AM   #642
DisNorth
DIS Veteran

Wishing you and your family a very merry Christmas.
I am so glad to hear about your dad, the photo of your girls and him is so lovely, they all look so happy.
Old 12-25-2013, 01:48 AM   #643
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

So glad your dad is getting settled. He looks so happy!!

Since I won't be on here tomorrow. I wanted to say Merry Christmas from our family to yours!!

Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 06:23 AM   #644
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
D, so glad that your Dad is enjoying his new place. I love the memory board.

I know I won't get back here, so to you, my friend, and all of your family, a very

Thank you very much Kathy! Same to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post
Merry Christmas to you all !

and for all needing a lift of spirits, an inspiration of hope, dealing with losses and just plain hurting Here is a story behind the photo below: http://lorigomezart.com/LifesizeNativityPhotos.html

That was a very heartwarming story Ruthie, and the nativity is beautiful - I cannot believe how much more there is to it, and they keep adding every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesknee View Post
Just wanted to stop by & wish you and the family a wonderful, blessed Christmas D~ ! And to all your wonderful Disboard followers, Merry Christmas everyone!
Thank you Dee - the same to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyTeacher01 View Post
Merry Christmas D~ to you and your family! I hope you have a wonderful holiday

~Jennifer
Thank you Jennifer - the same to you and your family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisNorth View Post
Wishing you and your family a very merry Christmas.
I am so glad to hear about your dad, the photo of your girls and him is so lovely, they all look so happy.
Thank you Tracy - the same to you and your family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
So glad your dad is getting settled. He looks so happy!!

Since I won't be on here tomorrow. I wanted to say Merry Christmas from our family to yours!!

Thank you Sandra! The same to you and the rest of your family!

Thanks everyone for the nice Christmas wishes. I tried to go around to everyone's TR/PTR yesterday, and I certainly hope I did not miss anyone. If I did, I assure you, it was not on purpose.

We had a nice relaxing day yesterday... Josh worked all day, so the girls and I just hung out. I never did get up to my sewing room.

However, I did receive some fun mail yesterday... Suzi sent my Avon order and also some extra goodies. It was so fun to get another box that I didn't have to wait until Christmas to open. Notice the adorable Mickey ring... It's so cute!

And then, on the trip planning end of it - I received some trip related fun - FINALLY... I do not know what it is, aside from the fact that it's a USB drive... I need to plug it into my pc to look at it, but I am waiting until after Christmas. When I first saw the box yesterday, I was really upset, because I thought it was our Magic Bands - and I hadn't customized them yet. However, it was this USB/booklet set... the booklet also came with a magnet on the back to remind me of important dates... My ADR date is quickly approaching - so I really need to get on BFF and have her make some decisions.

We opened some of our gifts last night... The girls did not get a lot this year, compared to other years, but they each got a couple of the larger key items they requested. I think they are happy with their gifts - I hope.

Victoria requested a pair of boots - dressier type - I purchased them for her several months ago, but I wasn't sure she would like them - I gifted them to her with the caveat that she should exchange them if she didn't like them, but it seems she likes them - so that's good. She also wanted some art supplies, so we have her those, as well. I cannot wait to see what she creates with them!

Allison's biggest request was a new cell phone. Poor girl has been rotating through our old phones for well over a year now, so it was getting beyond the point of necessity. Josh and I did the big splurge and she is now the proud owner of a smart phone... This was very hard for me to do, but she seemed OVER JOYED last night... Now, hopefully it doesn't get broken or lost/stolen...

And one of my big gifts was new embroidery scissors, two of them... I told Josh I needed them a few weeks ago -and if he didn't buy them for me, I would buy them myself. So, he gave me a curved set and a duck billed set... I am super excited to have them!

Overall, we had a wonderful night and we had a lot of fun together. We were finished opening our gifts early, so we just hung out while Josh transferred everything to Alli's new phone.

Today, we will just hang out again... We have Santa gifts to do yet, and gifts from our extended families. We will also be Skyping Brian/Myrthe/Thomas this morning.

I hope that each of you has a Merry Christmas, and you are able to enjoy it with the people you love.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I also wanted to take a moment to ask for prayers for Tess (Iamthequeen) and her family. She has asked for prayers for her SIL Gwen a few times over the last few weeks. I saw a post on her Facebook page this morning that Gwen passed away last night. Please keep her and her family in your prayers today, I cannot imagine how hard this must be for all of them, and my heart just breaks for her and her family.

D~

Last edited by DMGeurts; 12-25-2013 at 06:29 AM.
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 10:27 AM   #645
Terkina
DIS Veteran

Sounds like both your girls and you got what you wanted for Christmas. That's great

I got a lot of presents from my parents. I didn't expect that many. I have told them I wanted a eBosser (a machine that can cut out shapes and letters using metallic shapes that you buy). I know this machine is very expensive here in Norway so I ddin't expect other gifts than that. So when I got a lot of presents I thought oh well then I didn't get the eBosser for Christmas. But after opening almost all the presents from my parents (4 presents) I got the big present I was hoping for and after opening that one I even got a couple of more presents. I just can't belive we (my siblings and I) got so expensive gifts. My parents always buy gifts for the same amount of money to us.
So now I'm one happy girl.

Today everyone are going to my grandmothers house to eat reindeer. That's the best dinner the whole Christmas. I know it may sound weird to you, but it is really good. When we were in the USA earlier this year we told some people that we eat reindeer in Norway and most people were shocked. One man said well I guess that's similar to deer that Americans eat.

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Terkina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
august, bags, park bags, sewing, weight loss

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: