Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2013, 09:03 AM   #616
Restrasz
Mouseketeer

I am so happy that things are working out for your dad!!! So many of that generation have had it so bad! When you have time, plz PM me his address, I would love to send him a card!
Restrasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:06 AM   #617
mblc14
Mouseketeer

What an AWESOME room!! SO glad that this has worked out well for your Dad, I am sure that he will love those pictures of the girls. Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas and safe travels on all of your trips!

DisDads Member #542
2007 Pop Century Christmas
2012 Bay Lake Tower Spring Break
March 2012 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post44424786
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2872355 March 2012 PTR
Dec. 2014 PTR (in progress)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3257258
mblc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-21-2013, 09:12 AM   #618
solana131
DIS Veteran

Oh D....I am just so happy for you. You and your Dad have been in my thoughts constantly this past week. Thank God things turned out this way! He looks so so happy in his new digs

I hope you get some relax time before all the festivities start.

Love the Flower bag. That blue is just gorgeous!

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
solana131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:39 AM   #619
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

No words..
I wish I can just give you a huge hug. And cry it all out.

Love you to bits.. your dad is absolutely adorable and I cannot express how thrilled I am he is ok..
Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:57 AM   #620
babynala
DIS Veteran

Sorry D~ that I have not been around to lend you support. Your dad has been in my prayers and I have been thinking of you and your struggles as you have had to deal with your dad's hospitalization. I was so pleased to read what you wrote here:

"I cried the whole way home yesterday, it was a happy cry... A cry of relief. Finally, finally, finally - my dad is in a place where I don't have to worry about him being lonely/clean/fed properly/cared for/safe... Any and all of the things that we all worry about. But more-so, because I always thought places like this were reserved for the people who COULD save for their future..."

I wasn't pleased you were crying but I was happy that your dad has found a home. A place where you don't have to worry if he safe and is in good health. I know your prayers were answered and it is so nice to see that picture of your dad smiling in his new home.

I hope you all have a wonderful visit with your dad and the rest of your family today.

babynala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:58 AM   #621
babynala
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
With all of the craziness of the last week, I forgot to post my last bag... I just love all of the fabrics of this bag and the bright colors! It was so much fun to make!

I will try to add official pictures later, but I have NO idea where my camera is currently - just that I took pictures and they are on it.

For now... A nice cell phone picture to tide you over.

D~
How lovely. Flower is adorable, what an expression you captured!!!! The colors are so pretty.

babynala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:51 PM   #622
OregonMomToWDW
DIS Veteran

So very happy for you that you found a wonderful place for your dad. I know it must be a huge relief.

I was just at Target and they were giving everyone 10% off today to sort of apologize for the credit card problems and to thank them for being a customer. So it would be a great day for buying Disney gift card.

Update...discount does not apply to gift cards or entertainment cards.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.

PTR: 1 Summer, 2 Coasts, 3 Kids...Ready, Set, Go! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51560086

Last edited by OregonMomToWDW; 12-21-2013 at 09:43 PM.
OregonMomToWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 01:40 PM   #623
campinggal
DIS Veteran

Major lurker coming out of lurkdome to say that I am so happy for you, your dad and your family. That picture of your Dad and his story got me all choked up. He looks so happy and content. I read your posts pretty regularly and it is clear that you put so much good out into the world and this is a case where it came back to you and your family just when you needed it.

Love the pics of your girls too- the closeness that they have is a gift and your Dad will love having the pics to remind him of them.

Merry Christmas!!
campinggal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 05:01 PM   #624
lovegrumpy
DIS Veteran

That's great for your dad.
HHI 2014

ME/DH/DS18/DS17
Or,Wa,FLx2,Ia,Cali,DC,Va
Been married to my Coastie for 18 years
Dh,Me,Ds 18,Ds 17
lovegrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:07 PM   #625
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Glad you got your dad all settled in. That's great that he's in such a great place!! I'm so happy for all of you!

Love how flower turned out. I know my mom LOVES it!!!! And blue is her favorite color!!

Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 08:05 AM   #626
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

So glad to hear things are settling down for your dad! I have not had much computer time the past few days but I have been stealing a few reads.

You know me, I know that prayer changes everything. So glad this is going the way that us best for all concerned.

Now, enjoy the rest of your holidays. In case I don't get back----

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

Nini

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

NiniMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #627
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Oh D~, what a precious update! I'm with Mo, your Dad looks just adorable and already at home. I'm so grateful that everything worked out and that you can be at peace with your Dad's new environment. The pictures are a hoot (of the girls) and it will surly bring a smile to not only your Dad, but the staff as well.

I love the new bag. What a great job with the color. You do have a gift for choosing just the right color combos!

Sounds like a fun-filled, if hectic few days for you, but at least you can really enjoy them with the weight of your Dad's predicament off your shoulders. God is Good. All the time! I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers. Bless you D~...you are a very special lady!
Old 12-22-2013, 10:33 AM   #628
BabyRapunzel
Mouseketeer

Oh I am so happy for you. Your Dad looks super happy. How wonderful that it is a nice place.

Your bag is too cute!

Good luck with your busy days ahead. And I hope you enjoy every minute.
BabyRapunzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:06 AM   #629
sunnysideup3
DIS Veteran

Great news about your dad, what a holiday blessing! Have a wonderful Christmas with your family, D!!

@quirkyinwi (Twitter) @sunnysideup3 (Instagram)

November 2001: WDW- Offsite/ December 2009: WDW- Offsite/ December 2011: WDW-POR
December 2012: WDW-POR/ Jan 2014: Disney Wonder (5 day Western Caribbean)/Jan 2015: WDW-POR /Oct 2015: TBD
sunnysideup3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:24 AM   #630
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Thank you everyone for keeping up with me. I hope to resume replies tomorrow morning.

We had a wonderful weekend with family, it was so fun to see everyone! The girls got to see all of their grandparents on my side of the family, and most of their aunts/uncles/cousins... It finally feels like the holidays.

My dad is all settled, he seems to be enjoying his new "home" immensely. There is so much for him to do, and so many people for him to talk to. He has always been such a social person - so I think this will be so great for him.

I know I shared these pictures on facebook yesterday - but I know that some of you are not my friends there - so I wanted to share here too...

My dad and the girls in one of the TV rooms at his new place...

And then, the "memory board" the girls decorated for outside his room... They have some really great ones there - most everyone has theirs decorated... It's just kind of a synopsis of the person's life and the important people in it... The girls had a LOT of fun doing this for him...

Yesterday was a full day of driving for us... The roads were less than stellar, and I was very nervous all day about our trip home. Thank the good Lord that the roads got better the closer we got to being home. We were all so happy to get here last night... and I don't think that anyone was more relieved than I was. The stress from the entire week and the weekend has been so immense, it was a very welcome thing that my bed was waiting for me.

We were going to order Green Mill pizza for Christmas Eve dinner, but since I have been eating out non-stop for a week, I NEED to have a home cooked meal... So, I am planning to make lasagna for Christmas Eve dinner and Josh is going to make a ham dinner for Christmas Day. We are planning to "hole up" for both days and not go anywhere, we just want to enjoy some family time with eachother. We may go see "Saving Mr. Banks" on one of the days though...

Which means, I need to go through my cupboards/pantry/fridge to make sure I don't need to make a trip to town today.

I also hope to get up to my sewing room at some point today... I am feeling a bit scatter-brained and I need to take a few moments for a creative outlet.

I also plan to lift today... I have been feeling very sloth-like for the last few days, and I am anxious to do something good for my body.

That is all... Thank you all for hanging around.

I wish all of you a fantastic holiday surrounded by family and friends. Safe travels to all - and my thoughts and prayers are with each and every one of you!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
august, bags, park bags, sewing, weight loss

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: