Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2014, 12:23 PM   #2866
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

That looks great on you and perfect for Ohana.

Now get back to work.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:54 PM   #2867
dreamit
Mouseketeer

Johnny Holm--now that's a name I haven't heard in awhile... I hope you have a blast celebrating BFF's bday! Also, it sounds like it was a good thing you reviewed her wardrobe, but 3 hours in Kohls --all I can say is you're a GOOD friend. The maxi is so pretty and looks great on you! I'm 5'3, and that's something I've yet to figure out how to pull off.
I'd love meeting up at VF in the Fall if schedules allow! I love that I have a "neighbor" on the DIS!

Me DH DD8
dreamit is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2014, 12:57 AM   #2868
airforcemomof2
Mouseketeer

What an inspiration!

You're looking great! My youngest is 10 months and I'm still struggling to lose the weight, I feel ya! I have shorts I want to fit in by my Halloween trip, I'm doing Piyo, and so far so good! I'll be keeping up with your progress!
Next trip: Halloween 2014! AoA 10 days!
Christmas at Disney!! 19 - 27 Dec 12 @ POP
FW cabins Aug 25 - Sep 2, 2010!
11 WONDERful nights on the Wonder 2006
Mother/daughter Epcot trip 2003, First family trip 2002
airforcemomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 01:11 AM   #2869
RoyalPrincess
Loving the Mouse!

Location: Let's just say I'm wayyy too far away from the Happiest Place on Earth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post

Oh my gosh, that dress is gorgeous! Great find!

I'm so in love with Kohls. They have such great prices and amazing sales. It's so hard not to go crazy while shopping through their stores. Which reminds me - I had better use my "Kohls Cash" before it expires.

I also really love your MB! Looks great!

RoyalPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:24 AM   #2870
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
Just to let you know...that LE suit did come in red. It might not have been this year but it definitely has.

I saw a woman in it at the beach in May. I asked her where she got it, and she told me LE, during the winter, but she could not remember if it was this past winter or the one before. She did say she wanted to get her daughter one for their Disney cruise next winter and she could not find one on their site now.

And in case you think I am a little strange talking to a random woman at the beach about her swimsuit... that was not the total of our conversation. We are from the same small town in GA, and thought it was strange that we came all the way to Destin to meet! Her daughter was wearing a hoodie with the high school my daughter will be going to on it! And her daughter is studying to be a Special needs teacher!

Nini
Hahaha... I would NEVER think you are strange Nini... You are friends with ME - remember? LOL Interesting about the red suit... It' had to have been at least 2 years ago, because I discovered LE suits around this time 2 years ago, and I've stalked their site since then (trust me ) I guarantee if I would have seen a red polka-dotted swimsuit, it would have been MINE. LOL However - I may have to go check Ebay now that I know it exists. My wallet thanks you - especially right before my trip. LOL

Cool about running into someone from your town in WDW... That happened to us on our March '12 trip... Our last day, Alli was wearing a HS t-shirt and one of the boys recognized V from his math class. Small world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I love the new maxi dress. I need something like that for our Sept trip. I just hate shopping, though.

I think your Ohana bag is cursed.

Have a great weekend.
Thank you - I just love it too! It's so comfy! I highly recommend it.

LOL - it probably is... but it is ON the agenda for today... I am running out of things for my agenda, so it has to get finished eventually. Today is my day for finishing up half-finished projects.

Thank you Sue - you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
I have to ask...are you SURE that is the same dress you are in on FB? They do not look any where near the same! OK...same color...but usually they look much better on the mannequin than on real people! So I guess you are officially better looking than the mannequin!

Seriously though, that dress is adorable on you! I guess you will need to make a different bag for 'Ohana now....

Nini
Hahaha... Thanks Nini... Yes, I am certain. I told ya that mannequin photo was awful and makes the dress look crappy. I am certain that anyone would look better than that mannequin.

Puleeeeeze don't give me any ideas... The thought crossed my mind. If the 'Ohana bag wouldn't have been made by V - I would have ditched it... but it was made for me, with love - so it stays... Matching or no matching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
That looks great on you and perfect for Ohana.

Now get back to work.
THanks Sue! ROFL... I actually read your comment yesterday and chucklesd. I did go back to work. Thanks for crackin' that whip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamit View Post
Johnny Holm--now that's a name I haven't heard in awhile... I hope you have a blast celebrating BFF's bday! Also, it sounds like it was a good thing you reviewed her wardrobe, but 3 hours in Kohls--all I can say is you're a GOOD friend. The maxi is so pretty and looks great on you! I'm 5'3, and that's something I've yet to figure out how to pull off.
I'd love meeting up at VF in the Fall if schedules allow! I love that I have a "neighbor" on the DIS!
Yah - we love Johnny! He is so awesome! And his band is incredible!

LOL - Time flies when you're having fun! And like I said - now that I am in smaller sizes, it's really easy for me to find (too) many things I like... Something I've rarely experienced in my life, so I am kind of enjoying it. And I love shopping with BFF - we are really good at it.

Thanks! I always tell people that I am 5'4"... but technically, I am 5'3.5"... So, I feel your pain. The dress is a hair longer than I'd like - but I don't think it looks awful... I was barefoot in the picture, so I think by the time I put on my flip flops, it will be OK... And if I am in a hurry and need to walk at a decent pace, I'll just tie a knot in the bottom and book it - it's a nice fabric that won't wrinkle if I did that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforcemomof2 View Post
You're looking great! My youngest is 10 months and I'm still struggling to lose the weight, I feel ya! I have shorts I want to fit in by my Halloween trip, I'm doing Piyo, and so far so good! I'll be keeping up with your progress!
Thank you! I've heard that people love Piyo... I've never done it myself though. It sounds like you are on a good track though. How is your eating - if you don't mind me asking? I've found the rule of "80% of loss is dependent on your diet and 20% is due to excercise" to be quite true... So, if I am struggling - I always look at my diet first, and what I can adjust there. Just keep pressing forward! Find what works for you - you can do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalPrincess View Post

Oh my gosh, that dress is gorgeous! Great find!

I'm so in love with Kohls. They have such great prices and amazing sales. It's so hard not to go crazy while shopping through their stores. Which reminds me - I had better use my "Kohls Cash" before it expires.

I also really love your MB! Looks great!

THank you! I love it too! I was a little sad when I was looking at them, because they only had xs, small and mediums left on the rack. I never would have tried the mediums, but I had a couple other mediums in my hands that did fit me - so, I am glad I tried it, because it ran really big. Quite honestly - I think I could have done a small - it runs that big.

I know- I love Kohls... BFF and I shop there all the time. The only thing I don't really buy there anymore is shorts, because they don't sell the brand I prefer. LOL... But - I buy everything else there, and more of it than I need.

Thank you - I am happy with how my MB turned out - minus the cracking. LOL But it will be OK - I am sure of it!

I have the happiest of happy news to report this morning....

I am finished with all of my custom orders scheduled before our trip!!!

I could not be happier and more relieved right now!!!

And thanks to my hard work the previous weeks - I am ahead on our trip customs... Such a relief!

So, my schedule this coming week looks like this...

Today, I plan to finish up my "too big" Minnie bag for my carry-on. And this afternoon - V and I are going to finish the 'Ohana bag. I want both of these bags OFF my to-do list today! Even if we have to go back up after dinner.

Tomorrow, I plan to work on BFF and Olivia's appliques... I want to get both of them drawn, cut out and pieced together.

Tuesday, I work at Target.

Wednesday, I am hoping that V's fabric for her bag comes either tomorrow or Tuesday... So, Wed I plan to get her bag cut out and quilted.

Thursday, I will be working on her applique.

Friday, I will be assembling her bag.

Over the weekend... Saturday is BFF's 40th b-day party, so we will be spending most of the afternoon at her house. However, anything I don't finish on the above list will be done on Saturday morning.

Sunday, I will probably start cutting out BFF and Olivia's bags and prepping them to quilt - so when BFF gets here bright n' early... I can put her to work.

OK - that's enough of my schedule for now...

I do want to tell you all about yesterday, and I have a few pictures to post... We had lots of fun for BFF's birthday! We ended up going out for Dinner at a place called LaFonda's... It's our favorite mexican restaurant, and we don't eat there very often anymore. The girls suggested it and I encouraged it (otherwise I wasn't going to get any dinner, and I was hungry) - because they were just going to eat fried stuff at the festival. So, we had a wonderful dinner!

Afterwards, we headed to Shakopee (pronounced, shock-a-pee) to see Johnny... I did not get any good pictures of the band, bummer... But we did take a bunch of fun selfies! (I was not in charge of those - as you might of guessed)... I just LOVE this group of girls... We really are like a family! And I love sharing them here, because it's just like a "pre-quil" to our trip. So, enjoy!

BFF and Alli:

I had to post this one, because photo-bomber V is pretty hilarious!

A great photo of all of us, but sadly V was a little cut off...

Much better (except for my giraffe neck... Why is the shortest person always in the back?)

The 3 girls! Alli did Olivia's hair and I just LOVE it!

And, of course - BFF and I.

BFF and Olivia.

It was a really fun night! We didn't get home until 1am... and those of you who know me - know this is VERY out of character for me. I was having a hard time staying awake on the drive home... And, of course - my body wouldn't let me sleep in. Sigh.

Anyways - I hope you all have a wonderful day! Prayers and Pixie Dust to all!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:38 AM   #2871
cogero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforcemomof2 View Post
PiYo is a fabulous program, my oldest loves it. I only do it when I need an extra stretch. My youngest is 13 months and it is hard. D is right nutrition is seriously key but start small and work your way up.

D Love the pictures from yesterday.

I will be posting pictures today on my report. I am hoping since I finished Cs pillowcase and I hit a huge milestone this morning for me

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 05:42 PM   #2872
sewmess
DIS Veteran

I think at some point you had a tiki curse put on you and that's what's up with the Ohana bag.

out until 1 AM For someone who wakes up at the crack of dawn, that's amazing! Of course, I should talk. We're up at 6:45 am at the absolute latest and this weekend we ended up getting to bed almost that late...but not for anything near as fun: we were waiting on laundry.

Happy dance for the mediums, even if you do think they run large.

Good luck working with everyone! Have a great week all.
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS 2014: Sick Trip
sewmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 02:11 AM   #2873
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Good luck getting everything done!!

Love the new dress!! Looks great!

Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 06:48 AM   #2874
DMGeurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
PiYo is a fabulous program, my oldest loves it. I only do it when I need an extra stretch. My youngest is 13 months and it is hard. D is right nutrition is seriously key but start small and work your way up.

D Love the pictures from yesterday.

I will be posting pictures today on my report. I am hoping since I finished Cs pillowcase and I hit a huge milestone this morning for me
Thanks Chiara!

Oooh, did you post pictures? I couldn't find them... Congrats on the huge milestone!!! I think I know what it is - and I am sooooo proud of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
I think at some point you had a tiki curse put on you and that's what's up with the Ohana bag.

out until 1 AM For someone who wakes up at the crack of dawn, that's amazing! Of course, I should talk. We're up at 6:45 am at the absolute latest and this weekend we ended up getting to bed almost that late...but not for anything near as fun: we were waiting on laundry.

Happy dance for the mediums, even if you do think they run large.

Good luck working with everyone! Have a great week all.
Hahaha... It probably does... It's still not done...

LOL I am still so tired from that one... IF it wouldn't have been BFF's birthday - I would have drug her out of there much earlier.

Thanks! You too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Good luck getting everything done!!

Love the new dress!! Looks great!
Thank you Sandra!

Well, I did manage to get a lot done yesterday - just not everything I wanted to. The too big bag took much longer than I thought it would, and I didn't finish it. But I am close - a couple more hours this morning and it should be done.

I did have to take a short nap yesterday - I was so tired from the night before. It was a very short nap.

Then the girls and I headed out to the mall... Victoria's Secret was having their after hours sale... The girls and I needed a few things, and I had coupons. So, it was worth the drive.

Then we came home, and Josh had some NICE porterhouse steaks on the grill... It was WONDERFUL! And everyone gave me their left over steaks - so I now have steak for lunches the next 2 days... I am a happy girl!

OK - so my agenda today... I plan to start off with Level 1 of the 30 day shred...

Then it's up to my sewing room for the day.

I am going to finish my carry-on bag right away this morning - I estimate it will take me about 2 hours or less. It is a little different than my park bag, because I ran out of red fabric... Seriously. So, I had to use dots in places that I would much rather use solids... Oh well - it's just my carry-on. I only use it once a year.

Then, I plan to start drawing out/cutting/piecing BFF and Olivia's appliques.

This afternoon will be the 'Ohana bag... I am so sick of it being on my to-do list, and I am sure you all just want to see it already. LOL

I should have no problem getting all of this done.

Oh - and I also plan to take a few minutes to edit some of our dining plans, which means, I need to update my planner pages too... I still have not printed them, and I am glad I haven't, as I am still making changes.

Olivia did decide that we can skip Chef Mickey's. I was kind of looking forward to an evening alone with the girls, but I knew this would happen - so it's OK. We will try to split up at other times.

I cannot believe how close our trip is getting.

I hope you all have a wonderful day! Thinking of you all and wishing you lots of Pixie Dust!

D~
Old 08-04-2014, 07:43 AM   #2875
cogero
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to see your latest bags.

Have fun with Jillian.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:11 AM   #2876
sweetpeaandevie
DIS Veteran

Oh my, I am so behind!!!!! I only read the last couple of pages. but, I just have to say that you look GREAT!!!!!!! I am so happy for you, you are doing so well, and you will have such a great time in Disney! coming up quick btw!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!
Old 08-04-2014, 10:08 AM   #2877
nolacindy
Dead men tell no tales

Great pictures, looks like a fun time!

That dress is beautiful, looks lightweight which is perfect for Disney.

I think I sent you a PM this morning but its not showing in my sent box. If you didn't get anything from me holler and I will send again!
Old 08-04-2014, 11:23 AM   #2878
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Love the dress, you look FANTASTIC!!!! And LOVE the pictures of all of you! Y'all are just so pretty! Sounds like you had such a fun time!!! You are a busy lady as always.
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:09 PM   #2879
lovedonaldduck
DIS Veteran

You have to check out my PTR for some big news - POFQ August news

Love the new Ohana dress! Will probably be at the office for at least 12 more hours so I better get back to it.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:12 AM   #2880
DMGeurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
I can't wait to see your latest bags.

Have fun with Jillian.
Me too! Hahaha... I do have to say - I love her more now than I did when I did 30DS last year... This year is SOOOO much easier, and it makes me feel so good that I've become much fitter. Don't get me wrong, it's still hard, but I am not a wet dishrag when it's all over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeaandevie View Post
Oh my, I am so behind!!!!! I only read the last couple of pages. but, I just have to say that you look GREAT!!!!!!! I am so happy for you, you are doing so well, and you will have such a great time in Disney! coming up quick btw!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!
Thank you Raina! I am very excited to do the trip in much better shape - I sure hope it's easier on me. Currently, I am in the best shape of my adult life, so I am anxious to see where it leads me... And of course - I hope all of the Photopass pictures turn out fabulous. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolacindy View Post
Great pictures, looks like a fun time!

That dress is beautiful, looks lightweight which is perfect for Disney.

I think I sent you a PM this morning but its not showing in my sent box. If you didn't get anything from me holler and I will send again!
Thank you!

I agree about the dress - it is super lightweight and it will be perfect. I just need to figure out when/where I am going to wear it... I may even switch it out for my 1900 PF meal? I am not sure yet?

I did not receive a PM from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
Love the dress, you look FANTASTIC!!!! And LOVE the pictures of all of you! Y'all are just so pretty! Sounds like you had such a fun time!!! You are a busy lady as always.
Thank you! I really love the dress too - I cannot wait to wear it!

And thank you again.

Yes... Still busy... And it's not letting up anytime soon. I am pretty sure I will be working right up until the flight takes off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedonaldduck View Post
You have to check out my PTR for some big news - POFQ August news

Love the new Ohana dress! Will probably be at the office for at least 12 more hours so I better get back to it.
Yay!!! Very excited!!! We definitely need to plan a Dismeet!!! I know we will be out of the parks early on Sat night, so maybe try for then?

Ok all... Yesterday wasy TRULY NUTS!!!!!!!!!! Buuuuuuutttt... Wait for it.... I finally finished all of my back log of stuff to do!!!

Carry-on bag... Done!

Robyn's applique... Done!

Olivia's applique... Done!

Victoria's applique... Done!

'Ohaha bag... Done! Done! Done!!!!!

It was an AWESOME working day for me (and Victoria with the 'Ohana bag)!

Soooo... I will have pictures of all of the above for you all in the coming days. I am very excited!

Today is a Target day for me... So, I don't have a lot of time this morning...

Tomorrow, I am starting on Victoria's park bag... I am very excited about it. Her fabric came yesterday and it's already been washed and dried. I am hoping to finish her bag by Friday afternoon.

As for next week... If I can get BFF and Olivia's bags cut out this weekend - I may be letting BFF off the hook next week... We'll see. See... I have control issues, and it really bothers me to have someone helping me with "my" bags. So, if I can get them done myself - I will... And I am going to try. I am going to have to stick to a pretty strict schedule... but the fact that I have all of my remaining appliques cut out and pieced is a HUGE help... That's 8 hours of work done there. I can cruise right along from here on out.

OK - I need to get moving - I know you all want to see the pictures I am posting today, as well...

I hope you all have a great day! Prayers and good thoughts to all!

D~

Tags
august, bags, park bags, sewing, weight loss

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: